It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

It's not a felony! It's a petty misdemeanor! Its only a felony if you are caught with switchblade or butterfly knife!

I'm not sure it's illegal at all.

shr.elpasoco.com...

Is there a specific prohibition in the Colorado law from bringing a permitted concealed gun in a theatre? If not, you're not breaking the law, you're just breaking the theatre's policy. If you don't get caught, then you're fine. If there is a law that specifically prohibits it, I can't find it.

In many locales (like my hometown), it is a misdemeanor to ignore a businesses posted policy. So, it wouldn't be against the law to carry the gun into the theatre, but if the theatre forbids it as a matter of policy, then it becomes a misdemeanor to ignore the policy.

Back in my hometown that is the case, and their local shopping mall has "no guns" signs posted at every entrance. Of course, I ignore those signs, but if I ever have to use my gun in the mall, I will be committing a misdemeanor, and I'll likely be banned from the mall, which is acceptable compared to being dead.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This is true. But also, people who have some form of psychosis look for jobs that put them in a status.

Which is why half the CEOs can be considered psychotic.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am having trouble buying this guy acted alone at this point-Its the way he told the cops about his booby trapped apartment.
Could it be he was forced in some way to do this-by psychologial/mind control or other manipulation-but realized the horror of what he had done in the cinema,thus leading to him to warn the cops about his booby traps in order to prevent more death?

Could he have sort of woken up before he was supposed to?

I know I am in MK Ultra territory here,but the story just does not seem to add up the way the news is telling it IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Guys, I'm sitting here listening to Fox describe this....and the details. I'm horrified. He was wearing body armor, tear gas, a helmet and plenty of weapons to do his thing and fight back for an extended period.

Yet he surrendered, meekly.

This S.O.B. was shooting for score.

I am thinking he had a set goal he was looking to reach and when he did....that's enough. Time to move to the next phase of the process... arrest. ..and whatever he left in his Apartment or elsewhere.

He was dressed to insure no one could stop him...up to that point where he'd done what he came to do though. Then surrendered... Yeah, he was shooting for history books...the fame. Evil. It's my take at this stage.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

lol oh ya Dirty harry is everywhere aren't they ha ha. lol

Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking punk.....

You're thinking did he fire six shots or only five? And to tell you the truth I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question --Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The surrendering and outing his booby traps is the part that has me confused? Why go to all that trouble, and then not see it through?

Could he have just lost his nerve after seeing the carnage? Maybe one of the victims triggered a moment of regret?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I guarantee that unless you play paintball all the time, or have police training, or mil training and or action then my bet would be that you wouldn't be able to react in time. You might hide fumble pull out your gun and hold it in the fettle position and maybe even get a shot off. But likely would miss cuz your too paniced. Even a vet or a seal would have a hard time, get real.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The surrendering and outing his booby traps is the part that has me confused? Why go to all that trouble, and then not see it through?

Could he have just lost his nerve after seeing the carnage? Maybe one of the victims triggered a moment of regret?

Someone else mentioned that perhaps he WAS planning to off himself afterwords but maybe he couldn't go through with it.. if he were dead he wouldn't be able to tell the police .. it very well could have been a breakdown of some kind .. and then he just gave up.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
m.denverpost.com...

He got out of his seat ten minutes into the movie, then returned less than an hour later.

Isnt it weird how these shooters are normal one minute, trained military killers the next, then give themselves up alive to the police. Almost like he is just the patsy for a wider military operation.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I've missed where he's cooperated on telling anyone, anything? He gave them details on the Boobytraps? I figured they just took care in approaching the apartment and found it was a trap?

link   
If there theater did indeed have a no guns policy, they are royally screwed.

By forbidding people from carrying a gun, they assume full legal liability for the safety of everyone in that building. Expect that theater, and more specifically its parent company to file bankruptcy sometime soon due to the flood of lawsuits about to be dropped on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Another witness on TV repeated the phone call person going to the exit and looking around outside thru the door. It sounds like he didn't return so it might have well been the shooter.

link   
Yeah, you never can know how you will act. I got held at gunpoint once and I acted really bizarre. To this day I do not know why I acted like I did. I'm glad I did, but I was terrified. Anyone looking at the situation might have thought I was calm by the way I was acting, but I was a puddle of not thinking that somehow looked like I was thinking. I know the truth, I didn't wet my pants but the reason was because I was scared so bad it froze in me.

link   
reply to post by r2d246

Paintball?? Man up nerd.

RIP to all those lost souls.

I wouldn't be suprised if he was a member here.
edit on 20-7-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Of course this shooting is a terrible tragedy, but calls for more gun control are misguided.

I immediately expected to hear calls for gun control. It sure dovetails excellently with the current attempts by Hillary and friends to push acceptance of UN Small Arms Treaty which Dick Morris and others believe is an attempt to disarm the public.
Oh yah and weren't there some Russian troops training in Colorado recently? Maybe they just stayed....Russians have infiltrated the west for decades pretending to be US citizens.

edit: the guy had been living in the community in 2011 and had only one speeding ticket as reported by the police chief on the scene, but it still could be related in some way...
edit on 20-7-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by getreadyalready

I've missed where he's cooperated on telling anyone, anything? He gave them details on the Boobytraps? I figured they just took care in approaching the apartment and found it was a trap?

No, it was way back in the first 10 or so pages of the thread, but he supposedly warned the police of the booby traps.

And another post somewhere said the booby traps were both inside, and outside the apartment, and there was enough there to not only damage his entire building, but the surrounding buildings as well!

link   
reply to post by filosophia

I think you are putting to much faith in the witnesses, especially after such a traumatic event. I have been watching this entire event unfold since it happened (read all the post this thread from the beginning), and was listening to the police radios before they even found the suspect, and let me tell you, there have been a lot of rumors and mixed witness testimonies through the entire unfolding of the event.

There was rumors that a new born child had two bullet wounds on his back and was dead, but it turns out the baby is alive and well. There were rumors that one suspect that was involved in the shooting was dead in the theater, but it turns out he acted alone. There was even information about the police having a man at gun point inside a jewelry store in the mall across the street, and they were sweeping the entire mall for suspects, but that guy at gun point was just a floor cleaner. Originally, there was 14 deaths and 50 wounded, now we are at 12 dead and like 38 wounded....

You shouldn't put too much faith in witnesses and immediate info too early in the event because its not always accurate.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by filosophia
m.denverpost.com...

He got out of his seat ten minutes into the movie, then returned less than an hour later.

Isnt it weird how these shooters are normal one minute, trained military killers the next, then give themselves up alive to the police. Almost like he is just the patsy for a wider military operation.

Well that makes sense.. it probably took him a good while to get out there and get suited up, probably IN his car since doing it in the lot would probably attract attention.. or maybe he even drove off to a more secluded spot to change into his gear ..

As I said earlier to someone suggesting he couldn't leave the door propped open that long.. yes you could.. people tend to think that propping the door open means it's half a foot or a foot wide open.. you can prop a door open even with a tiny rock and have it not be noticeable.. heck, you could slip a business card in there to prevent it from latching.. there's a dozen ways you could do it so it's open just enough to not click but still seem closed.. nobody would have noticed that.

link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I am having trouble buying this guy acted alone at this point-Its the way he told the cops about his booby trapped apartment.
Could it be he was forced in some way to do this-by psychologial/mind control or other manipulation-but realized the horror of what he had done in the cinema,thus leading to him to warn the cops about his booby traps in order to prevent more death?

Could he have sort of woken up before he was supposed to?

I know I am in MK Ultra territory here,but the story just does not seem to add up the way the news is telling it IMO.

I wondered the exact same thing!

Why surrender? Why tell they cops of the booby-trapped apartment? I mean if murder and mayhem was the goal - why stop?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
If there theater did indeed have a no guns policy, they are royally screwed.

By forbidding people from carrying a gun, they assume full legal liability for the safety of everyone in that building. Expect that theater, and more specifically its parent company to file bankruptcy sometime soon due to the flood of lawsuits about to be dropped on it.

That is EXACTLY the reason I was allowed to carry my gun at work at my last employer. There was no specific law forbidding it, and the legal department told the management that if they forbid it, they would be setting themselves up for liability in case anything happened.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join