It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm sure Pelosi, Feinstein, and the usual bunch of gun hating morons will trot their plastic surgery enhanced mugs out on TV later today and attempt to demonize those "evil guns" as being used for nothing more than murdering children at movie theaters and play to the emotions of the weak and cowardly.

The sad thing is people actually listen to them. Granted, not intelligent people, but then again, how many voters are intelligent?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Deleted, due to OT.
edit on 20-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Manhater

Can't wait to read their profiles. This was true insanity.

link   
In the US:

every day during 2007, AT LEAST 266 Americans were shot. Every day, a third of them (82 daily) died.

wiki.answers.com...

link   
reply to post by Gauss

When I had to go to people's houses, I had to carry mace, not for people, but for irresponsible dog owners who didn't chain up their territory happy doberman.

link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Bit of logic fail there...

You said politicians were already rallying against guns, and used an unrelated quote, because a gun-opponent said it...

So when she orders a pizza, to you, that's anti-gun rhetoric...because she's anti-gun...

You got an anti-gun politician saying "think of the children"

What more do you want? Why are you/we even wasting space in the thread over this?

If it doesnt meet your criteria then ignore it and move on.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
They said he/they came in through the emergency exit. Those doors automatically lock from the outside upon closing unless a certain feature is activated on the door itself, meant for employees to take out the trash and come back in. So, I wonder who let em in...

I'm looking at CBS News and a minute ago they were showing the white car huddled right by that back exit, and wondering how he went in there. Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yendor14
reply to post by antar

It's just a website that harbors a lot of 'trolls'

I don't believe they knew what would come of his post.. A lot of things on the internet are said as jokes.

I'm not sure they knew he was really serious, and this was the result.

Regardless, that doesn't mean what they did was right.

IMO, this is where intelligence is clearly failing.

A government spends billions on phone and email interception to catch out bearded tanned men (who would also be using VPN and basic encryption that is undecipherable) while seemingly nothing is done to monitor active forums and groups for American citizens who are clearly off the rails, and off the radar too.

How can someone be writing direct threats to murder people to others in a group in this way and the intel services not know about it?

All they would have needed is someone visiting this group daily, they would have seen this clear and present threat, they could have done an IP trace, gathered info and just checked on the guy without him even knowing. They probably then would have found other comments he posted on other sites, strange things he purchased, motives and means... then they knock on his door and he's arrested before he even has the chance to load his weapon.

He even used his real name as a screen-name for Gods sake!

I don't like government snooping, but IMO there is nothing wrong with intel people monitoring the internet in this way to find direct intent and risk. If someone in the street screamed that they were planning to walk into a cinema and gun down as many people as possible, you'd expect someone to hear it, report it and therefore stop it. The same should apply to the internet.

We don't need massive snooping measures and invasions of privacy to prevent these things, we just need someone with a modicum of common sense running a transparent department and acting on this kind of information.

I hope those in that 9gag group are now sh*tting a brick waiting for the fuzz to come knocking at their door.

And it should also serve as a warning to others here on ATS who really should learn to be less emotive and threatening in their discussions too. We've all seen at least one person cross the line from sounding like they are hypothesizing a situation into actually planning something, and others jump in to add their thoughts.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

7:11 AM: A 3-month-old victim was recently released from hospital.

A father has confirmed his 6-year-old daughter was killed.

kdvr.com

Very sad for the families and friends of those effected.

link   
NVM already posted.
edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

link   

A statement that doesn't mention guns does NOT fulfil my criteria for a statement about guns.

Call me picky.
edit on 20-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The guy was a nut. The guns didn't kill these people, this body armor wearing jackass did. Of course there is already a bunch of you fools screaming that it was a "right wing extremist". Give me a #ing break. Do you guys just repeat everything you hear on the MSM?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
All I gotta say, is that since I live here and have a lot of friends here, I have a lot of phone calls to make. I'm worried as hell right now. Please ATS, pray for us. I hope all my friends are okay. God I don't know what to do.

edit on 7/20/2012 by Slash because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by khimbar

Whoa, WTF!!

When was that posted!!??

Because if its after the fact, its HORRIBLE TASTE.

If its before the fact, then it raises a lot of questions....

vvv

link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by CX

You should not hand these kinds of mass killing weapons over to potentially thousands of deranged people. Saying that I suppose the same could be said with our politicians and the military, the difference is we are not at the ends of those weapons.
.................. yet.

Who makes that determination (the mental stability of an individual)? The government? No thank you. I've seen some of their decisions and I am not impressed! (Fast and Furious)

My heart truly goes out to the families of the frightened, injured and killed, but I, personally,don't think this is a simple case of a deranged individual losing it. There's more to this. I would not be surprised it in the end it turned out to be related to the UN arms treaty and the left disarming agenda.

My sincere sympathies to the families.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Fallacious argument, you assume they would fight back if they had a gun. You can't make that assumpation. Most people run away even when armed.

As for the gun ban, sorry but I'm ok with it. You risk of getting shot in the theater is pretty low. I've worked in bars most of my adult life, people around here are against gun bans in bars too. I've seen how stupid people get without guns. If they had guns there would be more dead people in fights. I'm not saying to ban guns or CCW, I'm just saying I understand why these establishments have these rules. I've seen firsthand what happens when guns get carried into your average social settings.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well, I'm off for a few. I have to work tonight. Everyone stay safe. Maybe will have more information to go on later.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It is easy to say if you have never been in an emergency situation.

You don't expect this to happen, no one knows what is happening, it is mass confusion.

You can't assume that people know instantly what is going on and how to respond.

You are just sitting there watching a movie and suddenly you smell something and your eyes are burning. You would not know what it is.

My first thought would be some kind of gas leak.

Just like the east coast earthquake, those of us who have never been in one instantly thought a transformer blew. It took a good 25 seconds for someone to figure it out. 25 seconds is a long time in an emergency.

The human mind has many responses, one of them is disbelief and shock. The mind literally shuts down. It is a defens mechanism.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by detachedindividual

You make some really good points....and I actually do think...keeping him alive will be more of a punishment for him. I was upset about the 3 month old baby...and my emotions took over.

I just don't understand why a 3 month old baby and really young kids were at a midnight Batman movie? Those parents are probably in agony over that decision.

Sigh... YOU GUYS... Bullets went through the walls and injured people in other rooms... Gosh. Am I the ONLY one who reads? Sorry, no hard feelings... Just... Yeah...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
Its because of crap like this as to why I pack everywhere I go. No exceptions other than legalities. You step out your front door to go somewhere, you just never know whats gonna happen. And that's wonderful...your implying I'm human..that's great...

What a hero.
"Oh crap, people are shooting in this direction!!!"
"Oh thank god, someone on the other side of us is shooting back!"

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join