It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PlantGirl

The UN is not trying to ban legal guns.

link   

link   
reply to post by truthinfact

unfortunately - they won't do anything.

All you can do is hope that the people egging him on feel somewhat responsible. (which they probably won't)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
also, BTW....colorado is a CCW state....we can all be armed.....so in that theater, nobody was armed and took him out....too bad....

That theater, at least the corporate body of that theater, has a no weapons policy.

Lawful carriers would have been asked to leave if found out they were carrying.

makes you wonder if that's why he picked that location, knowing that law abiding citizens would be unarmed.

in any event i will keep these people in my prayers and hope that they can get through this.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Yendor14

So this can also mean more internet control? I do not understand fully what this 9 group is. You mean they are members on some forum that covertly planned this and then acted on it? To what end and why?

So tragic I am just finding out, so my condolences go out to everyone involved. I wonder if any of our members or readership was there?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Terrible event,

May those who have died and are injured, and their friends and family have the love and support they need now.

It seems to becoming an quarterly thing in the states, you guys really have to think about why this is happening now and not before as high gun ownership in the states for an long time.

I wish one of these crackpots would take out those who deserve it not innocent people all the time, so senseless such an waste of innocent life.

Love

Elf

link   
Just come through on the radio that there is a confirmed fire alarm at a place called Vision Chemical Systems. Strange that this should happen just after Fire Dept discusses need for hazmat at scene of perp's apt.

Can any US-based member do a search around and check how far this Chemical Systems co. is from the known crime scenes?

Thanks.

Mike

link   

link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I understand, longlostbrother. My concern with any types of legislation like this is that, over time, it tends to morph into something far bigger than the original intent.

link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Just come through on the radio that there is a confirmed fire alarm at a place called Vision Chemical Systems. Strange that this should happen just after Fire Dept discusses need for hazmat at scene of perp's apt.

Can any US-based member do a search around and check how far this Chemical Systems co. is from the known crime scenes?

Thanks.

Mike

its not very far...10min or so...
edit on July 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

also, BTW....colorado is a CCW state....we can all be armed.....so in that theater, nobody was armed and took him out....too bad....

That theater, at least the corporate body of that theater, has a no weapons policy.

Lawful carriers would have been asked to leave if found out they were carrying.

thanks. not aware of the rules of that theater...as you couldnt pay me to hang out at that mall/theater or area....not a safe area!

It kind of shows that the good guys follow the rules and for that reason gun bans don't work because the people that follow the ban are the kind of people who obey the law and you don't have to worry about. The violent and criminal do not follow the rules and will get weapons illegally like they can get drugs illegally so the only people governments disarm with bans are the law abiding.

link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
How long before some idiot politicians blames the guns used and pathetically attempts to use this as justification for more "common sense and responsible" gun control legislation?

I'm guessing about 24 hours. Undoubtedly, the phrase "for the children" will be used at least 5 times

Already happening.

As a mom, I keep thinking,"My kids go to the movies all the time." Heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, senseless tragedy in #Aurora, CO.
— D Wasserman Schultz (@DWStweets) July 20, 2012 Florida Democrat

Sorry, where did she mention guns?

Or is that just you being paranoid?

link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Prepare for more anti-gun laws and "domestic terrorism" propaganda...

Oh get it over it, I am so sick of reading crap like this. Like everything is some scheme to get your guns. Guesswhat? There really are crazy people out there. The government doesn't have to do a false flag every month. I swear, you people say this EVERY time there is a mass shooting. I haven't seen any new gun laws from the Fed's in a long time. I'm pretty sure some crazy could kill hundreds of people and there would be no new laws. I'm not saying I'm for that. I'm simply stating the facts here. There have been no new major gun laws on the federal in a long time. There isn't going to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theduke269

You mean like Gone with the Wind?

link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

She's a democrat who said a shooting was bad. That's enough to reason to hate her around these parts.

link   
I'm not sure what current info you outside the state have but...
12 confirmed dead, 50 injured. A three month old was shot and a 6 years old injured....why they were at a midnight showing? Shooters name is Michael Holmes if I remember correctly.There were so many people going (it was more than one showing) I'm sure I know someone that went.we will see how the day progresses.

link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Not true...

Look at places with comprehensive gun control.. compare the number of gun deaths per capita to those in the US.

Then let us know what you find.

link   

Originally posted by PlantGirl
reply to post by SilentKoala

Once I got over the horror of what I was hearing on the news, I thought the same thing.

Interesting to note that in 7 days we're to sign that UN "Ban the Gun" treaty. Things that make you go "hmmm".

Keep swimming, fellow frogs. The water's getting really warm.

Yep. A guy goes into a crowded theatre, dressed up as Bane, on the night of the premiere for TDKR and shoots up the place; a week before the signing of a UN gun control treaty, and throws a smoke bomb before opening fire. If you think it was anything other than just some random nut, however, you're obviously just a tin foil hat weaing schizophrenic.

"Deception and theatricality! These are powerful, to the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we, Mr. Wayne? We are both members of The League of Shadows."

-- Bane, in response to Batman's attempted use of a smokebomb against him.

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank you, GEL...

It just seems odd to me.

Whole thing is rotten and I'm beginning to wonder whether the perp had some others in on this.

Mike

link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Don't worry, I agree with you!

I've seen several instances in the US where self defense against a gunman worked, but my main point is how you suggested - that in situations like this it would be pointless.

If a guy walks into a gas station and tries to rob the person behind the counter, a gun would be handy. But in an event like this is would be pointless.

Then there's the probability of actually being involved in a situation where you would need to defend yourself against an armed attacker. The vast majority of Americans never experience that, so does owning a gun really matter when it comes to self defense?

If we had the same laws in the UK, I would own a gun, but it would be in my home, not strapped to my hip when I'm out shopping or going to the cinema. I am far more likely to need a gun defending my home in the middle of the night than I am likely to find myself in a shoot-out in public.

In my view the probabilities of either are clear. Home invasion is the greater risk, the chances of needing to defend myself using a gun in public are probably lower than my chances of winning the Lotto twice in a lifetime.

I'm glad to see we're seeing eye to eye.
My girlfriend is much like you and (as an American, while I'm not) says if she could afford it she would buy a gun and keep in her apartment, because she would see it as pointless and needless to carry it around when she was out.

I'm thinking a bit different than her, though. As soon as I become an American citizen, a gun will be one of my first purchases as well. Unlike my girl, though, I will be aiming for a CCW license as well. Not because I expect to end up in shootouts on the streets, because it's a minimal risk that I'd ever end up in one. But, I do like to be prepared for it, and I'd rather carry a gun needlessly for the rest of my life than not carry one if I end up needing it some day.

Even in this situation, where I admittedly don't think I would be in a position to effectively take out that bastard Holmes, it would still feel better carrying a gun, because there'd be a slight chance I could've done it, and a slight chance is better than no chance at all. It's like with the scouts; Always prepared, though in the Army we used to add; "...for the worst".

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join