It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

that "who benefits" logic is flawed at the best of times...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by petrus4

that "who benefits" logic is flawed at the best of times...

Why is that?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Your Avatar is beautiful, I just spent several minutes mesmerized, lol.

Now I will read your post, sorry about that, it just reminds me of something...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
How long before some idiot politicians blames the guns used and pathetically attempts to use this as justification for more "common sense and responsible" gun control legislation?

I'm guessing about 24 hours. Undoubtedly, the phrase "for the children" will be used at least 5 times

Already happening.

As a mom, I keep thinking,"My kids go to the movies all the time." Heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, senseless tragedy in #Aurora, CO.
— D Wasserman Schultz (@DWStweets) July 20, 2012 Florida Democrat

Sorry, where did she mention guns?

Or is that just you being paranoid?

Debbie Schultz has an anti-2nd history and she dragged kids into the quote.

I'm just taking it for granted that a politician with an anti-gun history is still anti-gun.

Bit of logic fail there...

You said politicians were already rallying against guns, and used an unrelated quote, because a gun-opponent said it...

So when she orders a pizza, to you, that's anti-gun rhetoric...because she's anti-gun...

link   
One thing I did hear on the 9News livestream.... the newscasters said that the 6 month old was not injured in the shooting. The parents took the baby to the hospital to be "checked out" due to the tear gas.

I haven't found a link for that info yet, but if I do I will post.

EDIT:

University Hospital confirmed to 9NEWS the youngest patient they have in their care is 3 months old. That baby's condition is unknown at this time. Hospital officials say the baby was not shot, but was taken into the hospital as a precautionary measure after the shooting.

9news.com

edit on 20-7-2012 by OneisOne because: added link

link   
Anybody seen the movie rampage?? The one by Uwe Bull (spell check)..

Is this incident ringing a bell??

I few up in Colorado, lived close to there, and used to frequent that theater. It was the place to be on weekends. So sad to see the city that raised me going through something like this. Bastard shoots a baby..... they shoulda shot him at his car and said he was aiming....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

reply to post by JailTales

There is of course that evidence...

Look at the murder rate in places with little or no guns... a guy with a knife woulda had a hard time killing 14 and injuring 50 at a theatre...

There IS a corollary though, and that is that America has a higher murder rate, when you subtract guns, than most Europeans and Asian countries...

Guns don't make Americans prone to murder, but the access less them kill more people more easily...
edit on 20-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

And there are several instances of mass shootings in Europe where guns are heavily controlled.
newsinfo.inquirer.net... d/view/20110410-330320/Mass-shootings-in-EuropeFacts

The most deadly US cities: D.C., Chicago, New York and so forth have banned guns.

So, yes, the facts of the matter seem to lead one to believe that evil people will circumvent the law to do evil and all such laws do is disarm the law abiding.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
also, BTW....colorado is a CCW state....we can all be armed.....so in that theater, nobody was armed and took him out....too bad....

That theater, at least the corporate body of that theater, has a no weapons policy.

Lawful carriers would have been asked to leave if found out they were carrying.

makes you wonder if that's why he picked that location, knowing that law abiding citizens would be unarmed.

in any event i will keep these people in my prayers and hope that they can get through this.

Precisely why I never patronize any establishment with a no-weapons policy. I have my CCP because being disabled I have no other recourse to defend my family or myself.
Insane people such as the attackers in this case don't give a # about anyone's policies so their intent of somehow "protecting" their customers is a farce.
The sad reality is such policies leave large groups of people completely at the mercy of such predators.

My sympathies and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.
Perhaps they should be questioning the movie theater why no-one was able to defend themselves?
edit on 20-7-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There are some sick people out there. Curious to get some information on the gunman. Has anything been reported yet? Couldn't read through all the posts, I checked the news links and nothing was posted about the suspect as far as I saw.

As far as the people making jokes about this.... Well that's the way some people deal with tragedy. They don't know how to handle it, or show sincere compassion, so they joke about it, it's a defense mechanism. Other's are just looking for attention.

link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
They said he/they came in through the emergency exit. Those doors automatically lock from the outside upon closing unless a certain feature is activated on the door itself, meant for employees to take out the trash and come back in. So, I wonder who let em in...

They said a Janitor let him in or they think the janitor's name is James Holmes.

link   
reported on local news right now:

*NO military history
*only runin w/ law was traffic ticket w/ aurora police...
*parents live in san diego...
*although his name has been released by MSM, aurora has NOT released his name as they are running his background now.....they are trying to figure out TN connection (his plates).....
*a rifel, handgun and additional gun was used....
*suspect did not try and flee, nor turn weapons on himself, he was just standing outside the theater and was arrested right there and informed LE his car/apt has explosives....none have been found yet, still checking...

ETA...

*not on any watch list, no known link to a terrorist group (though they are still digging into his background)...he was on NOBODYS radar!
edit on July 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I thought there were several shooters and only one was caught and taken into custody? I better re-read the facts on this I am sorry for being so dumb but I am in a bit of shock over this.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
A guy with a gun should have also had a hard time. You are assuming people might have fought back more valiantly against a guy with a knife, but that is a big assumption.

A coffee shop where I used to live had some old homeless nut walk in and stab and slash his way through a dozen customers some years ago. This was a college town. Customers were young, strong healthy men. Nobody fought back. When the bum was done he went running down the street stabbing at pedestrians until the cops finally shot him many minutes later.

It's like the people standing at the edge of a mass grave they just finished digging taking their hats off and nodding to the soldier with a machine gun videos we see from WWII and Cambodia.

As if a great number of people are just waiting to die and when death comes they willing accept it without any fight whatsoever.

Ill never understand that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You are right, guns have a much higher killing capacity unless you are a super ninja assassin.

BUT,

If the coward hadn't chosen a theater with a no weapons policy, it would of never made it that far.

Exactly. We can see how well a gun ban worked in that theater.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
TSA mall division

Coming to a theater near you.

I just woke up and seen the news, OMG my heart goes out to everyone, I am on the verge of tears. God bless all involved and affected.

and I'm afraid you are right my friend, TSA will be coming to malls now after this.

link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Use real numbers...

how many per year, across multiple countries (Europe) vs how many a year in the US.

Here's two more from this year in the US:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Find three from the first 6 months of 2012 in Europe...

link   
This is why i carry a small 9mm every where. Extended clip holding 8 projectiles and a sighted in 50 yard laser designation and it sits in my wasit band for easy access. I would have done my best to kill this man. I wish i could kill him now.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I thought there were several shooters and only one was caught and taken into custody? I better re-read the facts on this I am sorry for being so dumb but I am in a bit of shock over this.

They did say one was shot and killed in the theater and that the other suspect was in custody. So witnesses did say they're were two shooters.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

flawed logic at it's best... or worse... you can't simply sell people endless guns, and then when one of the people that's bought multiple guns, goes on a shooting spree in a cinema say, see, that cinema didn't allow guns.. therefore guns aren't the problem... I mean you can, but you're probably not to honest if you do that...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wow!!! What such bad news to wake up to!

My prayers go out to the families involved. Sadly, politicians will turn this into a golden opportunity to get votes or to forward their agendas.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join