It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc

Originally posted by DriCo04
The guy was a nut. The guns didn't kill these people, this body armor wearing jackass did. Of course there is already a bunch of you fools screaming that it was a "right wing extremist". Give me a #ing break. Do you guys just repeat everything you hear on the MSM?

A nut without a gun wouldn't have gunned down 14 people. Think before you waste some space. It is obvious as it sounds. No guns no people gunned. Your argumentation is invalid.

You can kill people with just about anything. This guy could have put together a bomb in his kitchen and killed just as many, if not more. If you're determined to kill people then you'll do it regardless is my point. You can't just take everything away from people because it has the potential to do bodily harm. Let's not drive cars anymore because the deaths from vehicles are through the roof and used to commit murder all the time. Hell, I could mow down 60-70 people on a busy sidewalk in a minute flat.
edit on 20-7-2012 by DriCo04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DriCo04

So now you make fun of the fact that if somebody were carrying concealed they could have defended themselves and/or others?

In a crowded mall, yes. Just because he has a gun does not mean he is a good shot or even competent gun owner. I do not like people shooting into crowds. I like more people shooting from the other direction into that same crowd even less.

I bet it'd be OK for a police officer to shoot back but God forbid a law abiding citizen defend themselves from this nut then that's just crazy and deserves a rolling-the-eyes-emoticon.

You would lose that bet.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Prayers go out to the families of the fallen and injured...

I smell a government op. They will use this to take our guns away. They are already saying they will have cops at the next showings to prevent this from happening again.... just the introduction of a police state.

They should do just the opposite... the only person that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. I'm sure if open-carry is allowed across the country most bad guys wouldnt dare take guns into public like this and start shooting up. Because if they did, a good guy would end it before more lives are lost.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe it is time for people to think that people in other countries and races bleed the same color

And losing your loved ones is not good.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
TSA mall division

Coming to a theater near you.

Good point, I can see scanners, wands .empty pockets on the way in like airport or courthouse entrances as well as TSA patrolling/checking the parking lot.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hey all,

I reside in Aurora CO and my mother in law is an Aurora Police Officer that works the night shift and was among the first responders. It has been difficult to function this morning as this event occured so close to my world.

After talking to her I must say the police response was amazing. So many witnessses saying how they remained calm and kept those safe that they were able to. They caught the guy (thank God) and are in the process of removing all the explosive devices stored in his aprartment.

My mom hasn't been able to stop working yet, but she is finalizing her statement now and should be able to get some sleep.

I know it is a rough world full of evil intentions, but the Denver community has had to go through these types of events far too frequently, at least with Columbine there was a motive (unjustifiable one), this massacre is nothing more then a statement I guess, from a young man.

My heart goes out to the victims and there families and my thanks goes out the the Aurora and Denver Police Departments for stopping the carnage where they did.

God Bless,

link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by petrus4

There's 7 billion on the planet, how you can you say "there's too many random nuts"? More people, more nuts. That's axiomatic. There are around 330 million people in this country and you really believe the government has to concoct these kind of stories?

At this stage in the game, my perspective is that people either are brainwashed into believing what the government wants them to think, or they aren't.

A person who is, is going to believe the random nut hypothesis, and is going to scream for government intervention to ban all guns, in order to supposedly prevent these incidents from occurring; exactly what the government wants, per the standard Problem-Reaction-Solution routine.

A person who isn't, on the other hand, is going to be looking at the ridiculous degree of symmetry and coincidence that unfailingly surrounds these types of incidents; as well as behaviour on the part of the perpetrators which strongly suggests military training, especially in cases where the public are told that a civilian was responsible.

The American government consists of psychopaths, who want to have the exclusive ability to shoot the American public, without said public being able to defend themselves. So in order to get that, they have staged these events, and will continue to stage them, until enough members of the public scream for gun control law in a vain attempt to stop these incidents, that all guns are removed from the law abiding public, and the only people left who will have them, will be psychopathic cops and military.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. If you want to call me irrational or paranoid, then go ahead. I know what I think of Uncle Sam, and I know what I think he's capable of.

link   

Originally posted by MrUteTribe
Prayers go out to the families of the fallen and injured...

I smell a government op. They will use this to take our guns away. They are already saying they will have cops at the next showings to prevent this from happening again.... just the introduction of a police state.

They should do just the opposite... the only person that can stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. I'm sure if open-carry is allowed across the country most bad guys wouldnt dare take guns into public like this and start shooting up. Because if they did, a good guy would end it before more lives are lost.

i dont buy into that.
colorado has been a CCW state for a long time. that is NOT going to change here. it just isnt.
next, the area of the shooting is not a good area. there are shootings all the time....seems almost every week or so.....i call it a mini chicago....total armpit of colorado IMO....that is not all of aurora...just the specific area around that mall....IMO of course...

so im not shocked there was a shooting in aurora colorado....im shocked at the enormity of what has hapepned.

guns in CO arent going anywhere....im sure of it....
edit on July 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

A person who is, is going to believe the random nut hypothesis, and is going to scream for government intervention to ban all guns, in order to supposedly prevent these incidents from occurring; exactly what the government wants, per the standard Problem-Reaction-Solution routine.

False, one can believe it was a random nut and not support government intervention.

link   
didnt this guy know its illigal to carrie a loaded and chambered guns in CO?

I cant belive he broke the law. I mean, its a law, he cant do that. Sarc/ off

gun laws only bind Law abiding citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all it would take was one or two people in the crowed to have had a gun to stop this crazy person. Less would have died!

link   
reply to post by g146541

Our bodies are our best defense. Our minds are nearly indefensible.Hard to attack an armed assailant when you have just been flashed-banged. And if you would like for me to elaborate feel free to ask.

link   
My hope and support goes out to the families. Do we know if this was an inside job at all for thta gun ban or not related at all, Im sorry for the peaple that are suffering from this. hopes be with you

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
didnt this guy know its illigal to carrie a loaded and chambered guns in CO?

I cant belive he broke the law. I mean, its a law, he cant do that. Sarc/ off

gun laws only bind Law abiding citizens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all it would take was one or two people in the crowed to have had a gun to stop this crazy person. Less would have died!

colorado is a CCW state......
you have to take a class to get a certificate in which you take to LE to get a permit. you can carry a concealed weapon on you and in your vehicle.

from what was said above, that chain of theaters does not allow one to bring in a weapon....
edit on July 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
wow, it just dawned on me, I dreamt of a friend from Colorado we never met we were world of warcraft buddies.
haven't spoken to him in a long time, a few years actually and found out he joined the Airforce, I hope he is ok, all I dreamed of him was of his face.

but I just seen the news and that there is an airforce base not far from there.

link   
This is just sick, a shooting at a movie theater in America... at the Dark Knight Rises... what the #

And no, a police state is not the answer.
edit on 20-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   
More people need to be trained in how to operate a firearm. If even 2 people in that theatre were armed this guy would have been dropped as quick as he started. Infact, if this nut knew that he had a 50/50 chance of running into another armed citizen I highly doubt he would have done it in the first place. An armed population is a deterrent to criminals. Brainwashing people into thinking that they can't defend themselves turns them into victims.

I bet TSA ends up in the movie theatres now. Get ready to be sexually assaulted before you see a movie.

link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Correct.

Laws dont work very well when you arent abiding the law.

I would have put a bullet in the back of his neck if he passed me with full body armor and a assualt rifle.

Woulda shoulda coulda , but damn i wish i was there. I would have done my best to kill this man. This is making me so angry.
edit on 20-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by NavyDoc

Sorry, but no.

If I wanted a gun right now I would have NO WAY of getting one.

You've never lived somewhere with ACTUAL gun control if you believe that.

I don't know a single person with a gun and have maybe seen two, on police detectives, in the 5 years I've lived here.

There's crime, yep, but here, there's almost NO gun crime.

If what you were saying was true, then there'd be a lot of it... there's not.

The gun bans sure did stop the IRA didn't they? After decades, all of hte bans in the world failed and only when they voluntarily ceased hostilities did the shooting stop.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

the Aurora and Denver Police Departments for stopping the carnage where they did.

I thought it has been reported he went outside and waited for the police to apprehend him.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by 3n19m470
They said he/they came in through the emergency exit. Those doors automatically lock from the outside upon closing unless a certain feature is activated on the door itself, meant for employees to take out the trash and come back in. So, I wonder who let em in...

They said a Janitor let him in or they think the janitor's name is James Holmes.

Thank you. Everyone is arguing about gun control laws in various countries for some reason instead of talking about what happened. And it has become quite the large thread so I took the liberty of reading the first page and the last 3 or 4 assuming someone would be summarizing things, adding updates, etc. So...thanks!

And thanks to those who are leaving us the real info and keeping the bickering to a minimum. I have an idea, maybe someone should start a thread about the various gun laws in various countries and their opinion on the results thereof... Yeah I understand guns were used so its a part of the topic, but not the WHOLE topic to where over 80% of posts are about that one aspect of this incident.

I wanna know what they find in the apartment and what all this guy talked about on the internet. So... Someone get on that please. I don't like to leave ATS and I shouldn't have to... You go do it if you're reading this. I'm surfing from my phone so it takes forever ok if you really have to know. There, did that piece of info really help? No. You could've been off completing the task assigned to you but instead you made me take more time explaining things to you... I don't know why you always do that...

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join