It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Smoking Cigarettes,, Vape yourself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Thanks for posting this. I've been on the fence about starting
vapes but WTH, I may have to pull the trigger. (as I get ready to
step outside to visit the Marlboro Man with a Starbucks in hand!)

I REALLY need to quit.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I really really wanted to switch to my ecig. But when I take a hit, it doesn't seem strong enough, but at the same time I can't take a whole hit because it makes me Cough.

Also, I don't feel. "Satisfied ", it's like I still want a real cigg after.

I need to quite something serious

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

A big part of it is the panic of "Where is my ciggs??" "What am I gonna do without them" panic panic panic.

Just give up, really, nothing bad happens, nothing at all? Just keep telling yourself you don't smoke, after 3 days it's easy...........just keep away from associated things like coffee, beer and after eating go for a walk.

If you can last three days.......you got it made. You will have noticed your arms or legs haven't fallen off and the only side effect is this stupid voice in your head that says "need a cigarette" you just got to keep up the fight and say nah, I don't smoke, after another week to two, you will notice you haven't even thought about a ciggy at all?
edit on 16-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
First you need to actually care about yourself, see yourself as a healthy person.

Next, realize that you are being owned in all facets of life and this is an EASY target to hit FIRST, giving you the success too smash through every other challenge you have been too scared to attempt.

Stop listening to people who say it is hard to stop doing something, especially yourself

Figure out that doing things that are supposedly difficult are actually the things you DEEP DOWN want to do,, because they make you feel good and they are easy !

I have done this January 1st and it was SO EASY to quit, because I found out it is what i WANTED...you can change in an instant if you INSIST...and just LET GO.

Also quit Marijuana and drinking at the same time, apparently that was supposed to be difficult all at once, I laugh at how easy it really is, and i enjoyed the challenge.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I actually quit smoking for 10 years and I even ran the L.A. Marathon for my 30th Birthday. OH YEAH!
(I finished in 4.10hours.)

I was with a girl who smoked and I took ONE drag and got hooked again.

Just a nasty,unhealthy, stupid habit. I'll divorce her sooner or later.
OH, I meant the ciggeretts.
I KID I KID
She's one of those smokers that can have a few smokes, and then not have one for months.
Good posts.
Give me streanth.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What is also ironic is that we all know the damage cigarettes do to us and all the theories about what is contained in them but we a all staunch believer in Denying ignorance. We all love a good conspiracy but whilst smoking we are all taking part in one!!

Give up! They are having a laugh at you.............Have the last laugh back.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

You promise my arms won't fall off?

Yes the panic is definitely there. I "quite " involuntarilly when I did 80 days in the county, and amazingly never craven a cigarette.

Quit 5 days voluntarily, and it was hell.

I think the thing that gets me is I don't want to wind up taking the frusteration out on the kiddos. I'm a stay at home mom so I can't even get a break from them. LOL. Funny cause they are the number one reason I want to quit.well them and cancer.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If you are coughing from a full e-cig hit: try to smoke it 'shisha'-style, inhale, but leave the steam in the mouth and don t pull it to the lungs. That may help.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Perhaps you could involve the children? Explain to them that Mummy is doing something really challenging, they may (depending on age) understand and behave better around you. I have kids 5 and 7 year old, they drive me up the wall some days and I totally understand. But remember, it's all in your head and you really can overcome this.

Every time I felt that twinge in the early days I laughed to myself, as well as saying I don't smoke, I would have a little giggle to myself, as if there was an evil within trying to get one over me...................believe me, it lost.

Don't laugh, I'm not a loony but I used to sing.....

"I am the winner, you are the looser" over and over in my head!!!

It worked

Mind you, I'm quite head strong and treating it like something or someone was taking the piss out of me and I was going to win.............worked.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Thank you. I need to hop back on the wagon, LOL!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Madvapes got to Love that place. Not only has the e-cig given me back my taste, smell and all around healthier living it`s also gave me a hobby making mods.
Like my avatar.
The U. V. O.
it`s half a yo-yo

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just replying so when I get the nerve to quit I can find it again. I admit all the choices can be confusing. Glad to hear you are getting off of the sheet.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I was a smoker for ten years and quit ina weeks time. Granted I was sick and couldn't smoke, and the thought of a cigarette made me want to throw up. Now I don't even think about smoking, even around all my friends that smoke. Can't say I've made a better choice for myself in years. It's all about mind over matter...just stick to your convictions and quitting shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Just don't be a weakling and fall back on old, bad, habits.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Part of the problem with e-cigs is that traditional e-juice does not contain the other alkaloids that tobacco does. The holy grail in e-juice is WTA (Whole tobacco alkaloids). This contains all the alkaloids and not just nicotine and is supposed have what some e-cig users feel is missing.

Here is some more info: WTA E-Liquid: The Future of the Vaping World

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I am a recovering smoker. I say this because all "ex-smokers" are still addicts. I haven't smoked in a year. And I can tell you if I smoke one I will smoke them all. Yes all of them.

So here's the skinny.

Stop being a bunch of sissies and put them down. I know it relieves stress, it relaxes you, if I don't smoke one you'll kill someone, they keep me from gaining weight,

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I quit six months ago. SO glad I did! For a thousand reasons.

But I did it taking Chantix, and though it made me able to quit smoking without any desire (seriously) it caused terrible nausea all the time, and I had the suicidal side effect. I knew there had been problems with people suddenly getting suicidal, and I was very alert to any sign of depression... there wasn't any. I just woke up one morning sure I should kill myself. My mind had all these rationalizations on why that is just a good idea and the right thing to do.
It was really hard to crawl out of. I got close there.

So if e-cigs can help some people quit without taking risks of that sort, great! I personally have never had any luck with substitutes for cigs which continue the nicotine habit. I didn't find the sensation with the e-cigs enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here in Canada they outlawed them a couple years ago. Just when I had told my doctor about this and she thought it was a wonderful idea and far less dangerous than cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i hear yah..

Thanks posters!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have an ego tank. It's ace.
The only time I want real cigs is after I've gotten keen and bought a stupidly low nicotine liquid, like 5mg.
If I stick with 26mg I'm fine.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hi guys

As its my morning ritual at work to come on ATS and scan for interesting threads to read, I noticed this one thread. And as I am currently going through the transition of smoking 30 a day to 0 as we speak I thought I would come and stick my 2 cent in.

History: I am 36 years old in October And smoked every day since I was 15. None of my parents smoked so I cant blame them, only my stupidity.

Amount: for the past 4/5 weeks I’ve been smoking around 30/35 per day which is the highest its ever been in my whole smoking career.

Aides: I've tried them all, Champix, gum, patches, spray and hypnotherapy which none of them did any good at all. Champix make you feel like crap all the time. I remember rolling around the living room floor in agony with stomach pains. I have used the E fag when going on long flights or when I know I’m not able to have a cigarette in a few hours. This does work, if you can get used it.

I did a little research into TABEX and thought "this is my last option" other than going cold turkey, which is something I really want to avoid, I’ve before and had so many panic attacks just because I could feed that little beast in my mind. 3 weeks ago I ordered off the internet 100 Tabex tablets. They arrived in the post a week yesterday. After reading the instructions online and dosage I started my course of Tabex that day with 1 tablet every 2 hours. after 3 days I noticed I had cut down my daily count to around 18. Another 2 days later it had dropped down to around 12/day. I must stress at this point I was feeling really pleased and decided to try 24 hours without one single cigarette. Well it was easy, no shakes or rattles or anger issues or panic attacks at all. I think I only ever wanted a cigarette once or twice and then that feeling only last ten seconds or so. I did notice the 5 minute head aches in the first 3 day, but these where only very slight and didn’t hurt, was just that slight pain in the head. Its been 3 days now and I feel bloody great.

On a side note I have noticed how powerful nicotine is, it has brain washed me for all them years and its only now that I realise how stupid it is to smoke.

If I was to offer you a small tube with a mild form of cyanide in it for the price of 20 cigarettes, would you buy it off me?

you probably said "No", so why buy cigarettes when the end result is just the same. You are paying to kill yourself slowly.

Anyway guys, that’s my little story and I cant wait to get one week under my non smoking belt and move on I’m my life without having to feed that little monster in my head every hour or so.

If anybody wants to ask me any questions about Tabex, then please drop me a line.

Gareth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join