It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Smoking Cigarettes,, Vape yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I really want to stop smoking but I'm not going to use any of the stuff out there that is supposed to help you quit. My problem is that every time I write or study I HAVE to smoke, I don't know why but I absolutely cannot write or study for more than 20-30 minutes without NEEDING a cig. I'm a college student so...
Anyway I've been thinking about trying the ecig things, some of the flavors look interesting but for some reason I've just never actually purchased any, I've been "thinkin'" about doing it for like two years now.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Why are the vapors forbidden in canada?

Seems irrational to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
I really want to stop smoking but I'm not going to use any of the stuff out there that is supposed to help you quit. My problem is that every time I write or study I HAVE to smoke, I don't know why but I absolutely cannot write or study for more than 20-30 minutes without NEEDING a cig. I'm a college student so...
Anyway I've been thinking about trying the ecig things, some of the flavors look interesting but for some reason I've just never actually purchased any, I've been "thinkin'" about doing it for like two years now.

£20 for a box of Tabex and you wont feel the need to smoke while your studying.

p.s. I am in no way associated with the product, but as you can see from my story, it was the only thing that worked for me. Everyone is different.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

especially for a student i d recommend e-cigs: you can even 'smoke' them in the library, and they are much cheaper than cigarettes.

It also took me a long time to get them. Maybe you know somebody that uses them, so you could ask for a couple of puffs, to see how it feels.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

I do not know anyone who uses them but I went to

www.madvapes.com...

and am considering purchasing some flavors. However, I do not know where to begin as far as what kind of ecigs and equipment I will need and if this site can be trusted...

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Thanks so much darrman.
Quitting cigarettes has been on mind pretty heavy of late.
I think it may well be time and with your help here maybe I can pull it off.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

I've had a few different ones and the best is the Ego-T buy a kit, some 36mg liquid and you are good to go.
I'm a heavy user and I get through 60ml a month.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Thanks for replying but I am so very confused, there are so many different kinds of kits on that website. I'm wanting to try the special flavors and was wondering what kind of stuff I would need for that? I'm looking at this kit:

www.madvapes.com...

I like it because it comes with a case lol. I was just wondering if that is a good kit to use the special flavors or if I have to use something different for that though? Also, as for the nicotine, how many mg would probably be close to like a real cig?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

i wish this thread had more time on the Front page..
reply to post by darrman

The subject has been covered in several threads over a period of time on ATS I myself have uploaded a couple of infromative video clips to these threads. I would suggest that anyone interested use the SEARCH function to access more ingormaion regarding a matter allready been discussed.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I even tried to stop with roll yer owns with no luck, the nicotine gum helps, but your right there is something missing. With 10000 chemicals its probably the Formaldehyde (not sure if thats how you spell it).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yes i can also add to the proof that ecigs really do work!

I smoked from age 14 to 20. When i was in Vermont i gave ecigs a go as i hate having to put on 2 extra layers and try alight a smoke in the blizzards!

realized they did the trick and i didn't get the same feeling of being smothered in smelly smoke. I really became aware of the ash tastes cigarettes.I really liked the octton candy flavored liquids!
Sure i have not stopped ecigs i occasionally do use mine and its great that i can use it at work also.

Negatives ermmm i guess if i have to try and post cons about it would be you have to be really careful on the one you choose as most of the sites you go to offer overpriced and poor quality products.
Also you will never EVER find a tobacco flavoring that actually reminds you of tobacco(i tried loads and never did anyway) best thing to do is just pick 3 flavors that sound good to you.
I also suggest going to the ecig forums and looking at the countless use reviews and discussions.Never buy the ones at your gas station!
If you got question ask em!

Best thing about them in my opinion is the fact that it pisses the gov off. They have really tried toget these things banned as there afraid of the money they will lose out on taxes.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

got an eGo-C myself a few

months ago..

will never go back..

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with smoking or smokers, just the dangerous chemicals that large corporations add to cigarettes.
If you want to have a true impact on the 'smoking' issue.
Then make your government ban the adding of chemicals,

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I just want to chime in and say that I agree 100% with the OP.

I myself am currently at 8 weeks without a single cigarette thanks to "vaping". This, from a smoker of 18 years. I never thought I would be able to quit, but I'm 2 months smoke-free and not once did I have the painful cravings I would get every time I tried other methods of quitting (dozens of failed attempts).

Also, someone else in this thread mentioned Alan Carr's book. To me, the book makes sense, and I can see how it would work for some people. I just found that it felt as though Mr. Carr was yelling at me the whole time. I know that's the point of the book, to point out how foolish smoking really is, but I don't respond well to such negative, repetitive bashing and so it didn't work for me.

Anyway, anyone considering using E-Cigs to quit smoking, I say go for it. It's been the easiest quit of my life.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MbretM

Thats a myth nicotine addiction can last up to 3 months

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have just ordered my very first e-cig, and looking forward to trying it out.
I am a smoker of 26 years, and tried many times to go cold turkey, or use patches, but always fail after a few days.
I have managed to cut my smoking down to around 15 per day, but cant seem to cut it down further without feeling uncomfortable, so really hope the e-cig can help me cut them out.
I dont smoke any particular brand, just whatever is cheapest, and even roll my own towards the end of the month when money is tight.
The one area I really hope they will help is at work.
I used to be a truck driver, but had 8 years out of it, and only recently returned to it. In the UK, laws got introduced about smoking in covered places, and this includes places like work vehicles that others may usr, so suddenly, I couldnt have my cigs that I enjoyed while driving for hours on end. As I can use the e-cig where I cant use my normal cigs, then I may as well see if I can totally change my whole smoking lifestyle at the same time.
I am really hoping these work for me, and cant wait to try them.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
iT is being heard as a current issue certainly .

The danger here is nicotine , what kept people smoking in the first place . If there were no source left from e -cigs , where would one perhaps go to replace it ?
these things are already going round at parties where the usual things are already being passed.
ampossible reason to avoid / carefully select if using these is there are some versions (chinese i think but dont know) which give you quite a whacking hit off one draw.

My concern , is children , their issues . A matter is for us to determine whether these products are not be either recommended , or , disallowed . The question , would one of these e-cigs be picked up or passed on and used by non-smokers , primarily children ? The answer is yes to that .
Therefore I wouldnt recommend recommending them , except to smokers wishing give up tobaccco , as they clearly do gain sucess or temporary sucess regarding this 'health-device' status/function .
The main danger remains nicotine , while it is normal ands someways necessary to ingest the variety of chemical formulations commonly found in smoke for combustion of organics.
E-cigarettes are possibly more addictive and nicotine-habit forming than the original methods of ingestion. With children there is a danger of proliferation of nicotine/smoking related habits , occuring potentially unguided by state or families

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

I just quit on 5/29 using the patch system. Did the stepdown over 6 weeks and not using any patches now. The first few weeks suck, but it is so worth it. Keep it up!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was a smoker for over 35yrs and admit it was something I really enjoyed. When the gov put up the price by 25% I decided I was sick of paying the gov more money. Having come across a youtube video by chance (letterman Katherine Heigl) I looked into everything I could find out about Ecigs. I bought a basic 510 kit which I tried first to see what it was like. The batterys only lasted for a couple hours but it gave me an idea of how it could work, Having seen a potential in this I then took the plunge and bought a better ego kit. I use 36mg nic and have had no problems at all in quiting the smokes. I quit smoking on the 12th nov 2010, funny how the date of quiting stays in your memory. The main problem is finding/using the right equipment and also the nic strength.
I am not the kind that uses different flavours. I never did smoke ie apple pie flavour ciggerettes so dont see the need to try now. I stick with the one flavour RY4 or similar.
Anyone that says ecigs dont work havent looked into it enough. It wont work for everyone but it does work for a lot of people with the right stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
thanks for the links I have been smoking various things for over 20 years and I do intend on quitting (cigarettes that is) so star and flag for bringing electronic smokes to the leader board I have tried vaping and I kind of like it so I think I will place an order

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join