Quit Smoking Cigarettes,, Vape yourself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ok guys. I promised myself I would never be that reformed smoker guy but I want to tell all you smokers that you CAN quit. I've been vaping for over a year and haven't cheated once. I haven't had a single drag since June 15th of last year. I have done tons of research and I will help you get the right gear. You know how the last time you tried to quit and it was the only thing you could think about until you went and bought a pack? You don't have to go through that. I'm not going to say it's easy but you don't have to go through that agony to quit. I KNOW I will never smoke again. And I want to help you.

I love the ritual. I like being able to vape when everyone goes out for a smoke. And if, ever I want to, I can step down the nicotine a little at a time until I'm at 0. You can't do that with cigarettes. And even if I vape for the rest of my life, at least it's not smoking. I'm not getting the 4000+ nasty chemicals and tar that come from combustion. They are what causes lung cancer. The nicotine is actually the least harmful part of cigarettes.

There are so many options in vaping. The most important part is the battery. It's hard to get started because you don't know what is best for you. For almost everyone, I would recommend getting two of these and a charger:
www.healthcabin.net...

You want two because getting stuck with a dead battery sucks ass. The cool thing about these is you can adjust the voltage from 3 volts up to 4.8. 5 volts is what I like best. It gives you a good, strong throat hit (the burn you feel when you take a drag) which is the most important part for me. But it also gives you a good flavor. Also, they make every flavor you can think of. I tried a pep pizza flavor that actually tastes like pizza. #'s crazy. Then there are a couple of ways to go with the top part of your device. You can go with a straight cartomizer, which looks like this:

www.madvapes.com...

Those work great and they are cheap. The drawback is you have to put juice in them evey 20 drags or so. What I like is similar:

www.madvapes.com...

Those let you add a bunch of juice and you don't have to refill it all the time. Mine usually last me a few days before I have to fill it. The inside metal part is disposable though and you have to replace them every three weeks or so with these:

www.madvapes.com...

Then it's just finding the juice you like. After the initial investment of the batteries and tank, it's about 2% of the cost of cigarettes. Plus you can breathe and taste like you were meant to. No more smoker's cough either.

Also, don't buy juice online unless it's a US vendor. Most juices on the net are from China and well, I don't need to go into why that's bad. I recommend Volcano or Juicy Vapor brands. DON'T buy the ones from 7-11, you will never be satisfied by them.

Sorry for going on and on but it's all important. Don't mix vaping and smoking. Your brain will associate them and it makes it MUCH harder to make the switch. Don't start vaping until you are actually ready to make the commitment to quit and jump in with both feet..

Good Luck

Darrman
edit on 7/16/12 by darrman because: i heard they taste like chicken.!!?!??!
edit on 7/16/12 by darrman because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thank you for posting. I just bought an e-cig to try. Well, I admit it did not give me the "hit" I normally get from cigarettes....but yes, it is true, there are alot of other stuff in the cigs that is whats causing the problem such as that hit I seem to need. Tomorrow I will go on the e-cig completely ( my cigs will be all gone then). Am pretty scared though. Have tried to quite before and the withdrawals and irratability drove me back to the cigs. I am wondering if it is the other ingredients in the cigs that is what so addicting? I think it could be. Not good considering the numerous ingredients that are in a cig. Wish me luck tomorrow. I really have to stop smoking while I still have my health in good condition. I have been smoking for about 30 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
And if you order in the next 30 minutes, you'll get the second one for FREE !
edit on 16-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Cigarettes are bad Mkay? You can quit, after you get over the initial "hump" (2 weeks)w without a cigarette you are scot free! We believe in you, you can do it!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well said opening intro, but the terminology calling E-cigs "vaping" is a little misleading.

Yes, E-Cigs are a FORM of vaporizing tobbacco.
Correct, but there is a whole indistry out there that uses "vapes" for illegal substanses in certain States.

Here in Califionia you would probably not act like you "Vape" but you use E-ciggs.

I still smoke regular ciggs and am slowing down using e-cigs. My problem is the "draw" on plastic filters hasn't been as satisfying as a good old fashion,chemical laced, fake cotton filter.

I'm working on it.

And no, I don't "Vape". LOL....

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Well said opening intro, but the terminology calling E-cigs "vaping" is a little misleading.

Yes, E-Cigs are a FORM of vaporizing tobbacco.
Correct, but there is a whole indistry out there that uses "vapes" for illegal substanses in certain States.

Here in Califionia you would probably not act like you "Vape" but you use E-ciggs.

I still smoke regular ciggs and am slowing down using e-cigs. My problem is the "draw" on plastic filters hasn't been as satisfying as a good old fashion,chemical laced, fake cotton filter.

I'm working on it.

And no, I don't "Vape". LOL....

point Taken.

Seattle,, its ok to Vape..lol

were NOT using alternatives here.. and Vaping in public is Quite common

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
And if you order in the next 30 minutes, you'll get the second one for FREE !
edit on 16-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

And By the WAY.. i dont Recommend Any website.. over others..

those were just for Information,, and NOT in any way, a profit to me or Anybody i know or care about.

god i hate internet/nazi/lawyers.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If I say what I was going to say mods will bounce me, so I won't.

Just google Vapes and see what comes up first. E-ciggs or VAPES! LOL

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MbretM
Cigarettes are bad Mkay? You can quit, after you get over the initial "hump" (2 weeks)w without a cigarette you are scot free! We believe in you, you can do it!

I wish people would realize just how damaging these type of statements are. Especially when trying to dismiss a much less dangerous alternative.

When anybody who has failed quitting after being smoke-free for over two weeks here something like that, it just makes them feel like it's hopeless.

Ok, sure... there are people out there who socially smoked for a few months who were able to give it up. Then they brag about how "simple" it is if you "just put your mind to it". That just makes smokers want to blow smoke in your eyes. I'm sure there are pack-a-day smokers who were able to quit cold turkey but that's not a typical case. This isn't alcohol or nail biting; this is a drug that the body itself is addicted to. Depending on your chemistry, no amount of will power can make you quit without some medication or alternatives.

E-Cigs are a great alternative and I fully endorse it over smoking tobacco. OP, congrats on being tobacco free for a year.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

The internet /nazi/lawyers hate you back

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
yeah, dont know if vape and e-cig are the same or not. I am really hoping I can quit this time and quit for good. I am trying to set my mind in a way that for x-number years, I did this with my breath. And now I am going to try and live the rest of my years with actual oxygen and better lung capacity. But yes, it is hard because we smokers are trained through long period of time that the way we breath whle using cigarettes is pretty much the only way we know. I did try the e-cig a few weeks back....Instead of the usual cig right before going to sleep, I used the e-cig, and was amazed that I was not wheezing for several minutes after laying down. There truly was a difference. Like I said, I dont know if vaping is same as using an e-cig, but I do know there is a noticeable difference when using the e-cig. The thing that I am trying to work on is that I am not getting the hit that I normally do with cigs..but then again, the cigs are probably hitting me with ALOT of chemicals other than just nicotine.

Anyone who says cigarettes is "all in the head" is terribly wrong. The chemicals definately are in our system, we do get withdrawals from it, we literally turn into very irritable individuals or suffer insomnia real bad. Atleast I know that's what I go through. So just like any other drug out there, I think cigerattes are pretty bad too when trying to get the body off of them. We have a certain dose of stuff we need each day and changes in this dose really does affect us in many levels. I tell young folks to NEVER start using cigs, etc. Sometimes a smart aleck will say "Welllll, YOU are smoking!" I tell them how many years I have been bound to this and how hard it is to get off it. That ought to tell them somethin".

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
reply to post by darrman

The internet /nazi/lawyers hate you back

Fair enough

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I doubt they have a high enough thc content to give me a required hit but who knows what you can get on the net these days?

Also why is Chinese vape juice bad? Last i heard was that heinz ketchup is banned out there because it contains cancer causing chemicals in quantities that are against government health restrictions and they live longer than any other nation so I dont get your comment.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Chaps, First of all I am a reformed smoker. I'm not going to bleat to you guy's about what to do and what not to do, but may I suggest a book (Yes a book).

Allen Carr's - Easy way to stop smoking.

Now, I know what you are thinking "yeah right, sure". BUT THIS REALLY WORKS.

I smoked from the age of 15 up until I was 35, I liked smoking, smoking was an enjoyable thing for me. Yes you could say I was addicted (don't believe that now) but I really enjoyed a smoke.

I tried everything to give up and nearly every aid. I wanted to stop.

A friend of mine handed me this book, by the end of this book I had stopped smoking.

No BS, I really did and haven't smoked for 3 years since. I just told myself "I don't smoke" not, "I have given up smoking" I just kept saying to myself every time I wanted a smoke or got the twinge that "huh! I don't smoke, why would I want a cigarette".

It really works and it's way cheaper than all the other crap you are going to buy..........so if you are serious about giving up............give it a go.............best thing ever.

I don't stink
I'm way healthier
Way more energy
I feel bloody fantastic!

I also feel completely stupid for all the years I spent smoking.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

whats wrong with you.. no THC!!! you trying to get yourself banned!!

geezz

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi all, i had been trying to quit for years, & just couldn't do it. Until one day it just popped up in my head that i am gonna quit & Boom!!!. Did it some how just switched off the craving. Never felt better especially if i do ever get a craving than i just go for a run or something head rush feels amazing. Better than a nicotine rush any day.
Tried the E-Cigs & just didn't get any satisfaction at all. But each to the own, Hope it works for you. I always smoked rolling tobacco thought it was healthier than actual ready made. 2 Months going now hopefully i can keep going!!. Good luck to anyone who wants to quit. You can do it think of it as testing your mental strength.

( Just to add, i was a smoker for 22 years )

edit on 16/7/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Five days smoke free...35 dollars richer, but jonesing like nobodies business...have to utilize good language, "I do not smoke."

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Yep, "I do not smoke"

Think of it like you brain is trying to trick you and you have just become really smart heyyyyyyyyy wait a minute!!?? "I don't smoke?" why would I want one of those?

You can do it, it really is a piece of cake!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My experience with quitting:

Read the allen carr book, it started the process, but then my anti- brainwashing block set in. The book is a brainwash, it s for the good but somehow my brain says brainwash and opposes. But i know many pople who had success with it.

Then i changed to non-additive cigarettes (i ll not name brands, you can find them yourself). Positive effects: the coughing in the morning stopped immediately, and the craving for cigs went down drastically.

Then i moved to pure nicotin inhalers. Did fix the cravings, but still was not the same. Besides the thing i used looked a bit like a crack pipe :-(

So i ended with e-cigs. Perfect, the whole ritual is like real smoking, but no tar, no smell and you can choose the amount of nicotin as well as the flavour (from tobacco to apple, menthol, vanilla....) plus it s cheaper than cigarettes (depends on the prizes in your country though)

Now i am on nicotine free e-cigs and a very very few real cigs on special occasions.
What comes as a special amusement: you can pull out your cigarette looking e-cig (mine has even a red light in front that goes on when inhaling) in any smokefree environment and pull a couple of drags and enjoy the shocked faces around you. A lot of people think i am smoking a real cig and freak out, which leads to funny conversations.

All in all i can recommend the e-cigs as a helpful mean to quit.
edit on 16-7-2012 by svetlana84 because: Typos

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

i wish this thread had more time on the Front page..

not Too Terribly intensive as far as typing goes.. but

some times the message needs to be heard by more listeners..

<<   2  3  4 >>

join