It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalebRight14
reply to post by Erno86

Ohhh Boy, lots of good replies I can sink my teeth into.

Erno, I'll start with the water thing. If H2O was really that valuable, we would have had a fleet descend on us long ago and drain our Oceans and lakes. Lets not kid ourselves, as advanced as they may be, if we had something they needed, they would take it.

If they are pledged to non interference as a collective (UN anyone) do you not think a struggling advanced life form would break the rules and take our water to advance themselves in the galactic empire( yeah that's never been done )?

Why do people report abductions? are they all lies? if said aliens are pledge not to interfere, I would think that means no abductions of the locals.

You seem to be implying a Galactic federation similar to Star trek, where more advanced people, do not interact with society of a inferior race, and wait to see if they can "evolve to a state they can be pat of the federation"

Then why are we seeing them at all, if we are?

Caleb --- I'm just speculating...that the other-worlder's only need just a little water --- for fuel and humanoid consumption --- not our whole friken water reserves; though future wars on our planet will probably be fought over water rights.

Not saying that a galactic treaty of non-intervention --- would be the same as Star Trek--- but a possible non-intervention style, that displays the achievable technology of interstellar starships; so as to spur the human race on our planet to achieve the same.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 5-8-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 5-8-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

I know Erno. And I do appreciate the speculation, after all, that's all any of us are doing. I hope I did not come across as condescending, as that honestly was not my intent. I just tend to need to be made to believe something. If it doesn't make sense to me, I will ask questions till either it does, or I believe it can't be true.

If I offended you, please accept my apology.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by The GUT

When Humans try to help a species...they tend to look at saving or helping the species as a whole and do not take an individual member of say a Pod of Whales...rights or emotional responses into consideration as they will tag a Whales body with a Skin Penetrating Transmitter. The same thing when we band an Eagles leg or cut off a Rhinos horn to save it from poachers.

This is how they view US! The number of actual abductions is very small...but at one time was a MUCH larger number. This was reduced by treaty. I cannot provide proof for this statement so please don't ask.

Just know this...the only reason a DEAL was made...and with a Massive amount of effort and difficulty...was because we have leverage in a small but very well placed area.

Split Infinity

I will say Split, you do have some good arguments. It seems that we both are talking about the same beings, and their role in history, we just disagree on their origins and their intent. While your statement does make sense as a possible reason for what is possibly occurring, and it is one of the better one's I have heard, I'm not convinced.

I believe, that why they do the things they do, is out of hate. They Hate us, and feel God has betrayed them for a lower creation. I think, that Angels are very much limiting the frequency and amount that fallen angels can do us harm. Why Abductions would fall short of actually killing us, admittedly I have no good answer. I would suspect God has forbidden them to do so, and they cannot break that. But that's just speculation, and maybe falls under the realm of twisting things to fit Christianity.
Their motives for portraying themselves as "aliens" would be the same as portraying themselves as gods in the past. To lead people away from God. To this end, they will do whatever they can to make people disbelieve God. Hell hath no fury as a women scorned fits well here I think. Oh, and I'm not a girl, though thank you for calling me nice
my Avatar is my wife.

I never really understood why Believing in God is so bad anyway. Why am I intellectually inferior for that? I still love science, and learning, do I lose IQ points for believing in God?
I don't want to hijack the thread, but if I believe in Evolution, that means, that when I die, my remains are buried in the earth where they eventually will return to a collection of atoms that will not resemble a human. I will be eaten by worms, that are then eaten by birds, that are then eaten by something else, until my remains are scattered all around. it will remain that way, until, Billions of years from now, when our Sun goes Super Nova and destroys our Solar system, and my remains, float through space as dust until there is a gravitational force, strong enough to form enough dust into a Star or planet. If I want to live again, and My remains are lucky, said planet will be an ideal place for life to evolve, and my remains may actually live again. None of my Beliefs, or who made fun of me, or who bullied me in school will ever truly matter in the end... I just read that myself, that's kinda depressing actually.
If I believe in God, When I die here, it's just my body passing, my spirit and actions while I was on Earth are judged, and I am faced with 2 options. Eternity in Heaven, or Eternity in Hell.

Seems to me it's Smarter to believe in God, just on the chance He is real.
edit on 5-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

Well, a growing number of long time Ufologist's are beginning to see them as being Demons(that revelation has caused a few atheist Ufologist's to convert to Christianity). That is what they are alluded as being when they use the term "inter-dimensional". It is a way to say they are made up of spirit/energy.

The Book of Enoch(the actual Book of Enoch), explains things in a very surprising view. Combined with the actions of the "ETs" that seem to be fairly demonic......

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Well, a growing number of long time Ufologist's are beginning to see them as being Demons(that revelation has caused a few atheist Ufologist's to convert to Christianity). That is what they are alluded as being when they use the term "inter-dimensional". It is a way to say they are made up of spirit/energy.

The Book of Enoch(the actual Book of Enoch), explains things in a very surprising view. Combined with the actions of the "ETs" that seem to be fairly demonic......

Thanks Kor, I stand ready and willing to debate my views. I am fairly sure I am not the smartest person here, but I am sure I am right, it makes it easy to win...though I might need some time to find the correct answer

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Equally, a bunch of evangelists have jumped on the whole UFO bandwagon as they feel they were sidelined by the whole counter culture from the late 60s onwards and have simply added the whole demonic alien thing in an attempt to string a ride on the UFO phenomenon's coattails Personally, I can't think of a single person involved in the field who has "found god" as a result of their studies and investigations. I could name you a bunch of lovely people, who were deeply conservative in their outlook on life, who went back to the church in the face of what they had a problem dealing with, on a rational level however, that was over 30 years ago and they are all now passed on.

There are, without doubt a cadre of "believers", who seem to have latched on to sites such as this, who seem to post little, bar religious propaganda and whose posts add virtually nothing new to the cannon of Ufology, save to rehash already tired and old "conspiracy theories" and simply supplant "aliens" with the word "demon".

As someone who loosely terms them self an "artist", I find it all rather disappointing that the latest slew of videos are just so damn unoriginal, it would seem that. as "Project Blue Beam" has, in effect, become a lame duck, the evangelists have returned to the tried and tested trick, of just nicking someone else's canon and adapting to suit.
edit on 6-8-2012 by FireMoon because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Your belief in GOD is not at odds with anything I have posted and as I have TRIED...AND TRIED...AND...TRIED...to explain on certain Creation or Evolution Topics...the FACT of EVOLUTION as it stopped being a THEORY some time ago...does NOT discount the existence of a GOD.

I myself have experienced several things that I would never have believed if I had not PERSONALLY SEEN, HEARD and been a part of when there was no other possible LOGIC to represent another reason for what I experienced. And BELIEVE YOU ME....I am a HUGE SKEPTIC and what I experienced on more than just a couple occasions changed my view on what is possible.

I am NOT RELIGIOUS but I KNOW...not just believe or have Faith...but KNOW...that there is more going on than we can possibly understand. What this is...if you want to call it GOD...then go right ahead...I believe it is even LARGER in it's scope and interconnectivity. So...NO...you do not loose IQ points and those tests are not properly set up anyways as I scored 174 and I answered questions that I KNEW were the wrong answers but I also knew the people who designed the tests were looking for that particular answer...so I scored HIGH...by answering WRONG! IQ tests are designed by people who think they are smart...but they really lack as they do not take into account SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL IQ into account. So they are smart analytically but MORONS SOCIALLY OR EMOTIONALLY!
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I remember watching Star Trek once as a kid and the episode was about inter dimensional beings who just winked in and out of our space time at will.The special effects were 60's cheesy but the concept was definitely ahead of it's time.
edit on 7-8-2012 by cprnicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Caleb --- No apologies needed, yet believing in God...ain't so bad --- huh? As for myself... I do believe in my Gaods --- they may not want to be called Gaods, but they are my Gaods nonetheless. My Gaods are my savoirs, and I treat them as such. No hate...but just love at the moment of grappling with the true reality --- that my Gaods are not interdimensional travelers of the spirit realm, but flesh and blood creatures such as ourselves.

As you may suspect --- my Gaods... are the interstellar traveller's that sometimes visit our Earth. I have worshiped them for well nigh over 40 years so far; and I long for ET contact. Contact...that could save the human race and our Earth from destruction.

I could be wrong about the interdimensional aspect --- but my faith ---- precludes me from believing in that aspect. Instead my faith has guided me to the reality of space travel, and how the other-worlder's travel thru space. My faith in the other-worlder's.. has led me to believe --- that our human race can also build a starship that is capable of superluminal [faster than light] speeds, without having too rely on the aspects of interdimensions.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 7-8-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 7-8-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This switching sounds much more like the fallacy of "god of gaps"...
edit on 7/8/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Split, I am certainly up for discussing it if you would like, but in another thread perhaps? as I said, I don't want to hijack GUT's thread about possible means of alien travel. I must most definitely disagree that Evolution is fact.

I agree with you whole heartedly on IQ though. Your IQ, as measured today does not represent your true intelligence. It simply represents how well you score on a test developed to TRY and gauge intelligence

Erno,

Guardian Angel Orthodox Day School? Gaods?
edit on 7-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I find this topic interesting but have not had time to read every single post. It seems there is a need for an awful lot of people to have some religious belief tied into the concept of ET or ED beings. Even those who don't subscribe to a conventional religion appear to have a need to believe in higher beings such as aliens. Maybe this inherent human belief is actually a pointer that there is a creator of some kind.That is fine and you are perfectly entitled to air your views and beliefs.

However I don't want to believe - I want to know.

Does intelligent life exist beyond this earth and is it capable of reaching us?

But 65 years since the alleged Roswell crash we are no closer to finding the real truth. In fact as our technology advances it seems like the classic style visitation/close encounter/contactee/abduction stories are declining in number. Why? Were most of those stories from attention grabbers, people in it for power or money, or did something unexplainable really occur? I really don't know.

The concept of multi-dimensions is a difficult one to grasp. We all understand the 3 dimensions we consider 'reality'. There is conceivably another dimension which we think we understand but are only capable of travelling in one direction through. Time. The theory of relativity explains time. But is a difficult concept to understand as it depends on motion and velocity and contradicts our view that time is absolute and is uniformly incremental.

So let's try to keep it simple. Maybe some species are able to manipulate space and time and/or perhaps something like a black hole or nuclear explosions cause temporary distortions in time and it collides with what we would deem to be our past or our future?

Could this be why there are tales of strange aerial phenomena and even interactions with strange being all over the world? We are seeing things from a future, a past, and things beyond this world because our place in the universe has continually shifted when these distortions take place.

My lack of knowledge in this field does restrict me from speculating further and I may actually be totally wrong in my thoughts. All I am saying is that the nuts and bolts ETH seems insufficient to explain everything and that the universe is a very strange place indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This might help those trying to manage a handle on how current thought goes.

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Extremely fascinating & coherent thoughts, mirageman. Thank you for weighing in.

Even those who don't subscribe to a conventional religion appear to have a need to believe in higher beings such as aliens. Maybe this inherent human belief is actually a pointer that there is a creator of some kind.That is fine and you are perfectly entitled to air your views and beliefs.

Yeah, that subject has come up here and became quite an interest with Dr. Vallee as well. It was his assertion that the whole phenomenon has demonstrated the capability to mold the perceptions of large portions of society.

I have my own spiritual beliefs and, yes, the ufo phenomenon falls within them. On the other side of the coin, as demonstrated by Erno above, there is also a large segment of the population that attach to the ETH in ways that are not different than any religion:

1.) It's a faith based belief.

2.) It has it's Priests (ETH Ufologists) and Prophets (Contactees and Space Brother Messages)

3.) Temples and/or Churches in the form of UFO conferences and organizations

4.) End Times Eschatology i.e. the space brothers will save us from self annhilation

However I don't want to believe - I want to know.

Does intelligent life exist beyond this earth and is it capable of reaching us?

Well, as you stated, 65 years since Roswell and the birth of modern ufology and we can't say with any degree of empiricism what the heck we're dealing with.

Maybe the only thing we can truly "know" is "Cogito Ergo Sum." That is, "I think therefore I am."

Personal "knowing" is another matter. That's okay, too, I'm a big fan of it, but it's just that I admit: A personal conclusion.

The concept of multi-dimensions is a difficult one to grasp...The theory of relativity explains time. But is a difficult concept to understand as it depends on motion and velocity and contradicts our view that time is absolute and is uniformly incremental... Maybe some species are able to manipulate space and time and/or perhaps something like a black hole or nuclear explosions cause temporary distortions in time and it collides with what we would deem to be our past or our future?

Could this be why there are tales of strange aerial phenomena and even interactions with strange being all over the world? We are seeing things from a future, a past, and things beyond this world because our place in the universe has continually shifted when these distortions take place.

I really like your spin on the "Time" angle. It side-steps the paradox of the ufos being from our future, but at the same time addresses the issues of time as related to velocity. Very interesting.

Maybe, even, there exist beings that are "outside" of time.

All I am saying is that the nuts and bolts ETH seems insufficient to explain everything and that the universe is a very strange place indeed.

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

As far as TIME is concerned. Without TIME we have no movement thus without movement...Matter as well as Energy and all Quantum Particles cannot exist. But TIME is perceived by us as LINEAR...meaning it is allowing MOVEMENT as well as ENTROPY by which we judge the passage of TIME.

How would we be able to measure time without the existence of Matter and Energy in Motion? We would not be able to nor could we exist. The Earth YEAR is determined by Earths orbit around our Sun...which is approx. 365.25 Days...and an Earth DAY is measured by one full Spin of the Earth upon it's Axis which is approx. 24 Hours and an Hour is calculated by breaking up one complete spin of the Earth upon it's Axis into 24 parts of Time as each part is called an Hour and this is broken down into 60 parts each part called a Minute an each Minute is broken down into 60 parts each of which is called a Second and so on as we can get to milliseconds and Nanoseconds and etc...but the entire calculation of time is subjective.

Thus to determine if the Earths Daily Spin is either slowing or speeding up...it is SLOWING as an Earth Day Millions of years ago was approx. 22.6 to 23.5 Hours per day and has been slowing as time passes. The Earth is also SLOWING a bit every year as it travels an orbit around the SUN so to keep Atomic Clocks which measure the Radioactive Neutron Decay of an Elements ISOTOPES as this form of Neutron Decay is CONSTANT and is the best way we know how to keep time.

Now the thing is as it pertains to this TOPIC...E.T. vs. I.D. is in my opinion incorrectly named. What it should say is E.T. vs. A.U.L....or Alternate Universe Lifeforms. Various Races of E.T.'s in what I know...have been traveling to Earth using a Form of Gravitic Drive. This would mean that not only can they Fold Space thus Jump from one point of position in our Universe to any other Point in our Universe via ONE DIMENSIONALITY....since a SINGULARITY...which is an expression of One Dimensionality in our Universe is a Geometric Universal Dimensional state that has no attachment to time. Thus not only can E.T. travel to any Universal Position...E.T. can travel to any TIME of any Universal Position.

The Concept of A.U.L.'s which would have the ability to travel from One Universal Reality to Another Universal Reality...would be based on the same concept of the Interconnectivity exists between Divergent Universal States within the Multiverse and these AUL's would be able to travel from one Version of Earth or any other position in their Universal Reality...to the Duplicate but Alternate Earth or Alternate Universal Position.

THIS would be a better explanation of this TOPICS concept. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes...you are correct as this is what I was saying. An IQ Test does not give an accurate representation of a persons true intelligence level. But this is not so far off topic as understanding that bit of info is similar to this topic as in how Diverse a persons ability to understand different concepts has a bearing to relating to this topics question.

Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Yes...you are correct as this is what I was saying. An IQ Test does not give an accurate representation of a persons true intelligence level. But this is not so far off topic as understanding that bit of info is similar to this topic as in how Diverse a persons ability to understand different concepts has a bearing to relating to this topics question.

Or, obversely, an over-active intellect can often go out of its way to construct a complicated & faulty thesis.

Trying to claim superior intellect in this discussion is moot for one basic reason: Folk with far greater IQs than any of us posting here have come down on every possible side of this question.

Know whut I mean, Split?

edit on 7-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

GUT...I was talking about Diversity of thought as far as it applies to people with various forms of Intelligence. Thus those with a sole form of high analytical intelligence may not be able to have the ability to form concepts that a person with a high form of Social or Emotional IQ.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It is in the ability...in my opinion...to be able to have a mind that is Highly Interconnected in it's ability to access Left and Right Hemisphere concepts. The Human Subconscious tends to dole out data to one side or the other but when both sides can interact freely...you get a person who can be creative in analytical concepts.

Without Creativity...ability to process raw data is useless. Split Infinity

p.s....As how this relates to this topic...it is in a persons ability to create parameters for which exceptions are the rule. Thus a Paradox for the purpose of understanding what is and what could be.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Inter-dimensional beings have been revealed to me by God t be more in the form of thoughtforms or monolith constructs, in other words they are not technically 'aliens' but demons that have full access to all dimensions of existence and can freely travel across the stars.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join