It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am trying to put closure on an incident that happened a few years ago. I have not found any answe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Resrved!
edit on 16-7-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to redact and move elsewher. :shk:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Experimental drugs (if this account is true).

If you can scare the # out of the enemy before even setting foot on their territory that's a huge advantage. Think about how the Sadam's notorious Red Guard fled their posts, leaving the door open for the allies...!

Whether that was caused by an ally toxin somehow introduced, or not, it shows the potential for such a toxin. No casualties to suggest unlawful use of such a WMD, just scared folk hallucinating etc and fleeing.

To me it sounds like this team were guinea pigs for weaponised '___'.

For an idea see the movie Jacob's Ladder, or even the final real of Batman Begins in which the drugged populace see batman as a terrifying demon

edit on 16-7-2012 by McGinty because: typo

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Its good to see peoples imaginations running wild.

Can I suggest the OP contributes to the short story's forum.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

That's what I think. It would have to be something similar to '___'. I read a lot of drug stories from erowid.org, not because I'm a drug user, but because I always seek to expand my knowledge. I could easily do drugs if I wanted. What the users report is feelings of connection to those around them. For a soldier to even report seeing witches in the forest would require some sort of sense of belonging combined with lack of inhibition.

This would also explain why they left the guns at the camp. A visual appears and the most important thing becomes chasing it into the woods. Hence, everybody veers away into different directions. Because they're not seeing physical objects.

For the rescue team to not even find the soldiers, somebody else would have already picked them up. Maybe a local. A local would have picked them up, the rescue would be called off, the rescuer wouldn't be told what occured. If it were aliens, as much as I dislike talking about them, we would have heard about it already. Somebody somewhere would be compelled to brag about being the first to see such a thing. You know how you feel good about yourself when you hold the door for somebody else? It would be the same sense of kinship that would compel a person to reveal everything they saw about aliens. No government on earth would be able to stop a person sharing what they saw about aliens.

Same as the sasquatch idea. That could only have been invented to prevent younger native americans from walking into the wilderness themselves. Solid evidence of that sort of creature would result with rich people across the world hunting it. I think the last I heard of sasquatch, he was being touted as an interdimensional being. What isnt interdimensional these days. That seems to be the go-to for everybody who wants to believe ludacris ideas.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydude

2.) They reported numerous SOS signals from nearby stationary aircraft. There is no doubt in my mind the military has designed aircraft that can appear to hover. But do/why signal ground troops?

The part where OP adds his own two cents about stationary aircraft is where it becomes misleading. The actual fact of the matter is they reported numerous SOS signals from stationary aircraft. Applying the most logical answer would mean they encountered aircraft that were abandoned in the area. Nobody ever decides to turn off the SOS, because it might mean they become rescued.

3.) They had the team on a secure channel. The team reported fits of laughter at sporadic times over the radio. Could the Northern Lights cause such interference?

www.facts-about.org.uk... talks about how it can disrupt radio communications. There's no reason to attribute intelligence to the radio chatter.

4.) A sentry reported someone/something was trying to lure him away from his post and into the treeline throughout the night. It was calling his name. Severe weather, fatigue, and over-active imagination?

5.) A soldier was ranging in his weapon and claimed a women in with a black veil peered out from a tree downrange and smiled at him......he claimed she was demon trying to take him to hell because she/it had red eyes and abnormally long teeth.

6.) The last entry only had two lines, "she keeps screaming at us. we're afraid she's coming tonight.

www.erowid.org... and '___' experience talks about a disembodied female voice, everything seeming evil and thinking a demon had dragged the user to their location.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I've heard a lot of strange noises in my years. Some very close, very weird and scary, and some that have even reached out and touched me a time or two, but I've never run screaming into the woods leaving all my gear and weapons behind. And I'm just a guy, not a combat trained spec ops guy. As a matter of fact, some people were leaving my house Saturday night, and they called me from their truck to tell me to come outside and listen to the horrendous noise in my front yard. We live in an area with a lot of woods around us, and there are some prehistoric jungle noises sometimes, and if they are in the trees in the front yard, they can be very loud and frightening. This one on Saturday sounded like a 200lb Chimpanzee in the pine trees in my front yard, LOL!

The point is, I don't think there is any noise on earth or in hell that could make a group of battle-hardened men run in every direction like jr. high girls, and leave their gear and weapons behind.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
'SOS signals from stationary aircraft' is a very vague description which could mean many things. Not limited to how the signal was sent, the signal, location of aircraft. how it was received....

To me, that sounds like morse code of the letters SOS from a spot in the sky (stationary aircraft) because if it were radio (voice,etc) how would it necessarily be labeled stationary. Maybe just a misinterpretation of some light.

But as noted before, it could mean anything, and of course odds are we will get no more info.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So WHERE is the O.P.on this NOW?
He's been gone since page 1 of his thread.

Suspicious.
Was he:
1.) Warned off by Govt. agents?
2.) Taken by MiBs?
3.) A hoaxer?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
So WHERE is the O.P.on this NOW?
He's been gone since page 1 of his thread.

Suspicious.
Was he:
1.) Warned off by Govt. agents?
2.) Taken by MiBs?
3.) A hoaxer?

Waves hand wildly in air...ooooh pick me...pick me...Hoaxer...yep I pick hoaxer.

I stuck with this thread for the first day, even tried to open the door for the OP to respond in a variety of ways to my posts...no response in going on 2 days. I'm left with no other conclusion than the OP was having a giggle on us.

Now, the OP is more than welcome to come back and prove me wrong. I'm open to any new info he would care to share....but, I'm not holding my breath.

Des

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
MODERATORS:
Would you mind contacting the O.P.?
He appears to have abandoned his posts. The growing consensus here is 'HOAX'.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

ATTENTION:

Please keep all posts ON TOPIC. You may debate the story, but please do not attack the OP or anyone else w/ name calling and claims of hoaxing, as that is not on topic.

You are free to use the alert button if you ever feel a thread needs staff review!

People do have lives outside of ATS (I know, I know, that is a bit shocking lol), so if the OP has not returned to answer your questions or address your comments, give it a bit of time.

Thank you....carry on!

edit on July 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Even if this story is all a sham, it got people thinking....and thinking "outside the box", which in my opinion is always a good thing. Much better than sitting in front of the television like a mindless zombie.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
crazyguy (OP), you really should make paragraphs and articulate what you're writing. It's a pain to read and try figuring what it's about. No offense.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The "censored" part of the map is clearly visible in bing maps, so it's more likely a google maps glitch.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Listen up maggots!

We've just received an SOS from a stationary craft in the Yukon. We are gonna need a crack team of dudes to deploy there and setup basecamp with sentrys. But not just any dudes, they gotta be hardcore with recon training and rucksacks (winter jackets and hygiene items optional).

After you're inserted into the hotzone, link up with your superiors so they can meticulously report your crazy drivel into the mission logs. And to make things interesting, we are gonna dose you to the hilt with lsd.

godspeed and try not to shiver!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

Explanation: Then please provide a screengrab like I did!

Personal Disclosure: Or is this some scam to try make me use bing?

Edited to add ... The time frame needs to be from Spring [March etc] 2008!

edit on 16-7-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited too add the edit.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was really enjoying this thread till about page 3-4

What the hell guys?

OP may be in work and busy doing other stuff- give him chance to reply.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I've not much to add to your posts, but I starred it for being a great example of research and detective work instead of jumping on the insulting the OP / calling hoax bandwagon.

Good on you .

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
I was really enjoying this thread till about page 3-4

What the hell guys?

OP may be in work and busy doing other stuff- give him chance to reply.

Exactly. Some people have family lives, business trips etc or some people aren't connected online 24/7.

Give the bloke a break.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mr-lizard

I've heard a lot of strange noises in my years. Some very close, very weird and scary, and some that have even reached out and touched me a time or two, but I've never run screaming into the woods leaving all my gear and weapons behind. And I'm just a guy, not a combat trained spec ops guy. As a matter of fact, some people were leaving my house Saturday night, and they called me from their truck to tell me to come outside and listen to the horrendous noise in my front yard. We live in an area with a lot of woods around us, and there are some prehistoric jungle noises sometimes, and if they are in the trees in the front yard, they can be very loud and frightening. This one on Saturday sounded like a 200lb Chimpanzee in the pine trees in my front yard, LOL!

The point is, I don't think there is any noise on earth or in hell that could make a group of battle-hardened men run in every direction like jr. high girls, and leave their gear and weapons behind.

That's a fair point. I think I didn't explain myself too well. Maybe the strange noises (again just a theory) are what made them check every direction.

Although I'm surprised the OP's team didn't follow the tracks at least for a little while.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join