It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am trying to put closure on an incident that happened a few years ago. I have not found any answe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just did a news search and found this article from June 28th. I wonder if the OP is not the person they claim to be, but instead someone who knows the person in this article that's missing. I also wonder if this missing person in the article is related to the OP story and was going back to the area to search for these missing men or what may have happened to them.

Alaska Army National Guardsman missing on hiking trip Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Alaska Army National Guardsman missing on hiking trip

WRANGELL, Alaska - A search is under way for an Army National Guardsman from Wrangell, Alaska, who is missing in southeast Alaska. Alaska National Guard Maj. Guy Hayes said Thursday that Sgt. Colin Buness was reported overdue Monday from a hiking and kayaking trip. A search began Tuesday. Hayes says ground teams and aerial search crews have covered a significant part of Buness' planned route but have not located him. He shared a detailed trip plan with relatives before he left. He carried a personal tracker beacon and his last known location was between Aaron Creek and the Katete River on June 22. Troopers spokeswoman Megan Peters tells the Anchorage Daily News that Buness' boat was found caught on a log jam along with some gear. The Alaska National Guard, Coast Guard and troopers are among those involved in the search. The 25-year-old Buness is reportedly an experienced outdoorsman. Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Alaska Army National Guardsman missing on hiking trip

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ummm, Interesting story and i will be following it if the OP finally responds.

Why do some people on here instantly believe that they are having there leg pulled when the OP does not respond, Does it not enter anyone's head that maybe its due to personal circumstance that some people (unlike me
) Do not actually spend an awful lot of time on the internet? Or maybe the government has taken him out..... Not saying that has happened but who know's for sure? He/she may just be sick or taken into the hospital, Or am i missing the point as i am new?

Deny ignorance and all that?

edit on 16-7-2012 by ladylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2012 by ladylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by quailman03

But to be honest, I think from what I heard, it was a drug experiment gone awry.
edit on 15-7-2012 by quailman03 because: (no reason given)

I must say that was my first impulse as well...Anyone recall the film "Jacobs Ladder"??

He was in Vietnam and they gave his whole platoon something that made them all go crazy in the jungle, and he was permanently damaged and forced to see hallucinations.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

That is exactly what i was thinking.

Great film too!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

He used terms that NOBODY ever uses in the military except for maybe in an 80's action flick.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

1.) We were extracted immediately following the morning winds the next day. Our total time on the ground close to 24 hours (we were supplied for much longer). No one was recovered.

We planned on a 3 day recovery operation but brought food for 6 in case of weather. We were extracted by early afternoon the next day.

It would seem someone had the answer unless the recovery team also got scared and left. It seems the OP was not aware of it being a test of his team since he seems to indicate the first team members are still missing.

So it appears the first team was just forgotten. Doesn't sound right...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydude

Army tests with '___': www.youtube.com...

PsyOps training: www.youtube.com...

My guess goes your team being subjected for psychological testing. Testing either methods of inducing uncohesive behaviour, evaluate effects on troop morale, or testing how to create and improve counter measures for these.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well this is all very interesting, aside from the predictable cries of "hoax!" and "blasphemy!" from the nickel seats.

First, I would like to note that I have military friends from different branches and ranging in age from "just left high-school" to "about to enter the grave" and have listened to many stories from them. Some do use the same terminology they use/used in the service, which can make a story sound like an official report document and can sometimes cause a poor dumb civ (me) to dig out my smartphone to look up unfamiliar words(that turn out to be acronyms).
But most of them are fully aware that a great many people have never been in the military (this is a fact, look it up) and are therefore not conversant in military jargon, and they can tell entire stories from beginning to end using Standard American English(Southern Dialect) and only slip into military parlance as a story device, usually humor related. The only time they tell stories using all the jargon is when they are speaking to other members of the armed forces.
This may surprise some people, but most disciplines and occupations have specialized language--some more than others--and most people have enough social savvy to understand that using jargon when speaking to a general audience will result in communications failure.

I'm not saying that's what the OP is doing, nor am I saying his story is true. I'm saying I don't know...but I intend to try and find out, and if nothing comes of it at least it was entertaining.
I'm also saying I see this particular kind of pseudo-debunking all the time("first he said it was egg shaped, then he said it was round!! Pshhhhhyeah right")...a sort of language nit-picking where using "cube" one time and then "box" another time is believed grounds for complete dismissal, or someone who used to be an air-traffic controller or a member of the military is accused by other people of using the wrong terminology and therefore a despicable hoaxer who should be hung by their toenails and forced to watch Oprah reruns. I find it somewhat pointless as a debunk, mainly because its just as hazy a 'truth' as the story being debunked.
Most ATS members are quite capable of being interested in a story and pursuing information related to it without falling into a fanatical 100% conviction it is true like a total geek. We can harbor doubts about the 'fantastic' nature of some reported phenomena without sneering at the person claiming to have witnessed said phenomena, insulting them, and losing the f**king witness. For some reason, people seem to have gotten the idea that skepticism is best expressed using their posterior orifice, rather than the more conventional--and polite--anterior one. It's a good habit to be somewhat skeptical. It's not a good habit to be an asshole.

That said, I have one question for the OP, should he return. The footprints leading away from the camp. Were they full prints mostly, heel to toe? Or were they toe prints only?
A man fleeing for his life or running in terror will start out by sprinting, which will leave distinct footprints--deep toe impressions, no arch or heel impression at all, with clumps of material displaced backward through the print (from the force of his leg pushing against the ground to move him forward) and sometimes clumps displaced forward (kicked by the toe when the leg is lifted for the next step). Full prints implies walking, or at the most a comfortable jog.
If it looks like running/sprinting prints, it would suggest something occurred in the camp that caused them to flee in all directions.
If they were full prints, well....that may be more weird than running. They just calmly walked away in all directions, leaving weapons and other gear, and vanished.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by quailman03
Hi CrazyDude, I hope you don't think I'm cyber stalking you, but I'm the one that referred you over here. I spend a bit of time here, but never signed up til I saw your post.

Seeing that you followed my advice and posted over here convinces me 100% that you are looking for answers and not just posting to share a cool story or look for attention.

In our other conversation (for those interested) I posted about the Dyatlov Pass incident (also here) where 9 Russian hikers went missing under similarly eerie circumstances.

If you would feel comfortable, I would highly recommend you post what you found in the logs, I think it was highly interesting and would add a bit to the conversation. But I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Good to see you over here, and, no, you're not crazy, dude.

Edit because your situation has me thinking:

If you want an explanation for what happened, I'll tell you what I, as an armchair conspiracy theorist, think.

The most likely explanation I can think of would be the government testing out new drugs on soldiers to make them harder/better/faster/stronger. We know that troops have been given various drugs to test the effects and try to make a better soldier. Some think they've moved beyond recreational drugs and on to drugs tailor made to improve soldiers in the field. Things like increased strength, agility, cognitive abilities would be a great advantage to a soldier. Of course any drug they gave them may not be without it's side effects. In this case it may have caused hallucinations and severe dementia. Which would cause them to hear/see things, and ultimately wander into the wilderness not to be seen again.

That would be my most rational explanation, I could get into something about a Bermuda Triangle in the Yukon somewhere, maybe even aliens, but even I think that's a little far fetched.

But to be honest, no one here can tell you for sure one way or the other, we can only guess just like you. Our reality is made up of things that are seen by us and verified by others. So many people have to live their lives having seen a UFO, or ghost, or bigfoot, but having no one else to verify it for them. They will have to live their lives always wondering.

But to be honest, I think from what I heard, it was a drug experiment gone awry.
edit on 15-7-2012 by quailman03 because: (no reason given)

Was thinking, more or less, the same.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I can't help but be reminded of this
www.youtube.com...
Definitely worth watching!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

ever see the movie "Basic"? Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta? sounds pretty much like what you are describing. maybe what the movie portrays is what that group you were talking about does.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Happens all the time.
Why are you talking about it?

I guess swearing to an oath means nothing to you?

C'est La Vie

I guess his conscience was stronger than his belief in an "oath".

Why is he talking about it? This IS a forum isn't it? I mean that's what we do... Or I guess we could just say everything is classified and close the site because some other people, mostly government, don't want us to talk about things we have seen or experienced. Can you sense that I am using sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydude

4.) A sentry reported someone/something was trying to lure him away from his post and into the treeline throughout the night. It was calling his name. Severe weather, fatigue, and over-active imagination?

5.) A soldier was ranging in his weapon and claimed a women in with a black veil peered out from a tree downrange and smiled at him......he claimed she was demon trying to take him to hell because she/it had red eyes and abnormally long teeth. Any animal match that description besides a shined gator? No tracks were found and the soldier was put on bed rest. I don't have any ideas what happened here but I still sleep with a nightlight.

6.) The last entry only had two lines, "she keeps screaming at us. we're afraid she's coming tonight." I've never shared that with anyone. I don't know if it was out of fear or respect for the guys missing.

Maybe drugs, weather, fatigue, and dehydration mixed together caused these reactions?

We planned on a 3 day recovery operation but brought food for 6 in case of weather. We were extracted by early afternoon the next day.

That is scary as hell. Definitely dealing with something not of this world. And if it is.. I don't wanna meet it! Thank you for taking the time to share your story - even if it is made up it's still entertaining. If not - I would be thankful you got out of that area when you did, and didn't stay any longer to find out what really did mess those guys up. Take care.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You say that these guys were specially selected due to their skills in combat. So I have done martial arts for years and know the type of mind these people have. They are not the kind of people to run like hell in all directions. My feeling is that whatever scared them it was IN their camp before they had time to react and it must have creeped the hell out of them. If it was an outside threat they would have ran in similar directions.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

However, I do not think I will be able to make 20 posts on this website. I am not very familiar with this type of content.

This one statement has me puzzled.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

However, I do not think I will be able to make 20 posts on this website. I am not very familiar with this type of content.

This one statement has me puzzled.

I think because the subject matter that appears on this website is not something the OP is familiar, or comfortable talking about, he said earlier that his contrubutions, if he were to post, would be like "great post" or something like that, and he obviously didn't think that would contribute much to the thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The thing about the experimental drug testing theory that don't sound correct to me is that whenever you make such a test you observe the subjects, so are you people thinking that they gave the team experimental drugs and said good luck see you guys later? There would have been medical experts observing them and obviously the med experts wouldn't have taking the drugs themselves

edit on 16-7-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Could this have been a drill for the recovery team?

A test to grade the fitness and response of the recovery team when confronted with, as you say, an improbable situation?

Also, id does indeed sound a little bit like the Dyatlov Pass Incident: Dyatlov Pass Incident wiki

In that case, however, the bodies of all concerned were found; two with fractured skulls, two with fractured ribs, one missing her tongue, and all their clothes were reportedly found to be highly radioactive.

Strange case.

Here's a more thorough in-depth look at Dyatlov Pass by a Russian Blogger:
Dyatl ov Pass investigated furter

What's interesting about the link above, is, a recent 2007 expedition found a graveyard of metal fragments in the area supporting speculation into causation by military tests. This is found toward the bottom of the above linked page.

Fun stuff.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)
Wow.Now why did that same incident in the Urals come to my mind as well when reading this thread?Yes it sure sounds like something scared the hell out of all these people to make them leave their shelters,unclothed in panic.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Maybe the lab guys were in the aircraft doing the SOS.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

2.) The men scattered in different directions.

3.) They didn't all take their weapons (this would be a punishable offense and it doesn't make sense).

4.) The mood of the men was sour/skid-dish leading up to the break in contact.

AWOL

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join