It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am trying to put closure on an incident that happened a few years ago. I have not found any answe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi CrazyDude, I hope you don't think I'm cyber stalking you, but I'm the one that referred you over here. I spend a bit of time here, but never signed up til I saw your post.

Seeing that you followed my advice and posted over here convinces me 100% that you are looking for answers and not just posting to share a cool story or look for attention.

In our other conversation (for those interested) I posted about the Dyatlov Pass incident (also here) where 9 Russian hikers went missing under similarly eerie circumstances.

If you would feel comfortable, I would highly recommend you post what you found in the logs, I think it was highly interesting and would add a bit to the conversation. But I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Good to see you over here, and, no, you're not crazy, dude.

Edit because your situation has me thinking:

If you want an explanation for what happened, I'll tell you what I, as an armchair conspiracy theorist, think.

The most likely explanation I can think of would be the government testing out new drugs on soldiers to make them harder/better/faster/stronger. We know that troops have been given various drugs to test the effects and try to make a better soldier. Some think they've moved beyond recreational drugs and on to drugs tailor made to improve soldiers in the field. Things like increased strength, agility, cognitive abilities would be a great advantage to a soldier. Of course any drug they gave them may not be without it's side effects. In this case it may have caused hallucinations and severe dementia. Which would cause them to hear/see things, and ultimately wander into the wilderness not to be seen again.

That would be my most rational explanation, I could get into something about a Bermuda Triangle in the Yukon somewhere, maybe even aliens, but even I think that's a little far fetched.

But to be honest, no one here can tell you for sure one way or the other, we can only guess just like you. Our reality is made up of things that are seen by us and verified by others. So many people have to live their lives having seen a UFO, or ghost, or bigfoot, but having no one else to verify it for them. They will have to live their lives always wondering.

But to be honest, I think from what I heard, it was a drug experiment gone awry.
edit on 15-7-2012 by quailman03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Obviously it was the Yeti because you can cancel out Nazi zombies and Alaskan vampires.

Seriously though it was them Yet ops

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi Quailman. I don't think your stalking and am glad you referred me to this site. I will post a few brief explanations of the contents (I'm not afraid of being whisked into a car in the middle of the night by the men in black to fight off the alien hordes). I think your right, more people will engage and offer their own accounts of stories they've heard. Otherwise, it's going to be a volley back and forth. I'll just scroll over the "you need to check into a clinic" and "that's bs" comments because I know they will follow. I need sometime to think about how to post them in a constructive manner. Thanks again for your help I figured you'd give me a big "screw off" after that post because that's usually where open discourse ends. Then it offers no service to me or the guys still out there.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
One of our teams lost a man on a night patrol once in cold climate. Noise and light discipline of course; everyone following the ranger eyes sewn on the back of each others' hats. This would have been around 1980. They had to do a water crossing, and the last man in the patrol had a tree limb get caught in his rucksack. They found him there the following morning still hanging on the limb. Hypothermia; makes you lose it.

I don't remember the location because I wasn't on that patrol, but we trained in New York, Maine and New Hampshire; White Mountains. Could have been there, or back on the ranges of Ft Devens, Massachusetts. I really don't remember. It was the only training death I remember other than two parachute accidents.

Could have been something in combination with hypothermia as well...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydude

Welcome to ATS. I'm glad you've decided to share a few more details with us, at least the ones you feel comfortable in doing so.

My first impression, until I have further info, is of the team being given a new drug for field testing. Something that induced extreme fear, to the point they didn't trust each other. Could be the reason they all took off in different directions, in an apparent panic. It's an intriguing story.

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Reminds me of a movie.Now which one was it? Can't quite remember,was it Predator or Bare Back Mountain???

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well I couldn't sleep and now I'm mustering up the courage to light up a smoke in the bathroom. I've written out the below and feel much better.
1.) The team reported patrols over 250 km's a day. That's close to 160 miles. Anyone familiar with Yukon territory knows that's not possible in a week, well rested. Could a professional soldier continue to make errors of over 130-140 miles over and over again for days? Could hypothermia, fatigue, severe dehydration, or medical malady cause such disorientation and still allow someone to make it back to base-camp?- they also reported that they were being followed but found no tracks (it is entirely possible fatigue, dehydration, and severe cold/wind can cause these kinds of symptoms. I know a guy that stopped to tie his shoelace in broad daylight under these conditions and was lost but found alive the next morning).

2.) They reported numerous SOS signals from nearby stationary aircraft. There is no doubt in my mind the military has designed aircraft that can appear to hover. But do/why signal ground troops?

3.) They had the team on a secure channel. The team reported fits of laughter at sporadic times over the radio. Could the Northern Lights cause such interference?

4.) A sentry reported someone/something was trying to lure him away from his post and into the treeline throughout the night. It was calling his name. Severe weather, fatigue, and over-active imagination?

5.) A soldier was ranging in his weapon and claimed a women in with a black veil peered out from a tree downrange and smiled at him......he claimed she was demon trying to take him to hell because she/it had red eyes and abnormally long teeth. Any animal match that description besides a shined gator? No tracks were found and the soldier was put on bed rest. I don't have any ideas what happened here but I still sleep with a nightlight.

6.) The last entry only had two lines, "she keeps screaming at us. we're afraid she's coming tonight." I've never shared that with anyone. I don't know if it was out of fear or respect for the guys missing.

Maybe drugs, weather, fatigue, and dehydration mixed together caused these reactions?

We planned on a 3 day recovery operation but brought food for 6 in case of weather. We were extracted by early afternoon the next day.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Thank you for writing these details down for us. It probably helped you too, being able to get closer to some kind of resolution in your own mind. One thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is. If your recovery team went in prepared for up to 6 days, why did your superiors pull you out after 24 hours. I would think they saw/heard/found something, to make that decision. Or, their superiors gave the order. Also, when you left, did any of the things left behind at their base of operations leave with your team.

Based on what you wrote, keeping in a theme that excludes things like paranormal, supernatural activity, I still fall back on the theory of drug induced emotions and reactions to hallucinations.

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I just wanted to bookmark this in my subscribed threads.

I will save my comments for later.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Not trying to waste your time, but I'm book marking to come back to later, I could suggest a few things which most will scoff and ridicule I'm sure, it doesn't negate the possibilities though.
Very creepy indeed. Was their any women in the troop who disappeared?
How many of them went missing?
How many was in your team?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The only "drug" they ever issued us back then (late 70's-early 80's) was an amphetamine(?) called by it's street name "yellow-jacket". It seems to me that they were only issued for convoy driving though. Personal drug use was rampant during those days however, especially the hallucinogenics. If it were drugs that caused this, it doesn't necessarily mean it was issued or administered. Unless we went out-of-country, nobody ever checked our rucksacks, or other equipment for illegal substances. Like I said; it was rampant; you have no idea...

I'm sure a lot has changed in these thirty-something years, so who really knows except the guys on that expedition. It surely wouldn't surprise me if it were a test for some new combat drug. We wouldn't be the first country to do that. It's definitely a strange case though, and it reminds me of one of the Ancient Alien videos for real...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
..but even if it was drug induced or dehydration, they would have recovered bodies, remains, or live people right?
was another team sent in for recovery after your team was extracted?
interested to see what theories come from this.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

Cold climate areas are home to a lot of hungry animals. Think about this; I've heard that the reason we don't find multitudes of deer antlers here in Florida is because the ants eat them. I don't know if that's true, but deers shed their antlers every year, and we're wrapped up with deer. You rarely find stray antlers though. I know that when I was in Italy, we stayed on an Island that was artificially stocked with deer and hogs. There were antlers everywhere but there were no ants, and that's why I believe this to be true.

Finding no remains does not necessitate an alien encounter. I'm not saying that's not the case, just making conversation.
edit on 7/15/2012 by visualmiscreant because: clarified a statement

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

I wasn't thinking alien either.. just wild that no trace of ten men was found. Of course they could have sent another team in who may have found something and since it's classified we'll never know. Weird though.
I didn't know that about ants! Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

I too am interested in hearing some more theories as the thread progresses. If the situation was re-assessed and the site quarantined for those with higher clearance, we may never know for sure.

Have a good night everyone; I'm outta here for now...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
They're dead. Their bodies were probably recovered but radiated and mutilated corpses aren't something that the military would publicize.

Watch the story below. You'll see the parallels.

edit on 15-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

From one former military man to another.Be very careful what you reveal,as far as the mission logs go.You swore an oath when you volunteered to serve your country,and as you said your self,that everything went "classified",you need to think hard before revealing material of that nature.Ultimately it is your decision,but remember this,"Discretion is the better part of valor."

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
This story has been on ATS recently. Darned if I can find it, but I believe it had a video included. I've searched here and on YouTube with no luck so far.

I LOVE scary stories.

Granted, this one was way too short to get out the popcorn, but it was great.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Dubious on the whole story here ... unless things have changed greatly since my time with S.O.G back in the 60's
Would take a hell of alot to spook spec ops troops ... even then they wouldnt give up without a fight nor would they run off leaving weapons behind .... seen and experienced alot of "odd" things over the years ... but this entire episode sounds made up ...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

My first thought when seeing this was that they where subject to some type of fear assault, there was some reports of this type of weaponry used in Iraq. Not knowing where Yukon was I looked it up, Anchorage nearby has quite a reputation for UFO's and abductions with 'Close encounters of the Fourth Kind' based there. I know a lot of people call this a hoax, but it just comes with the territory these days.

1/ With reports of doing 250km a day in heavy wilderness does put them in super solider / delta force training. Andy Pero is one who has spoken out about this educate-yourself.org... , there are others and quite a few different programs extending out from MK Ultra. Some of these programs do start at conception, others in child hood. Not certain where the technology is at for a fast turnaround, most fall into it with three weeks with trauma based approaches.

2/ The SOS signals may have been to direct and track the team.

3/ The radio laughter may have been part of the psychological assault upon the team.

4,5,6/ Without knowing what was done to the men it is hard to say what was the cause of these encounters. Had they been pushed to hard physically without the proper mental capabilities and just cracked? Where more demonic / spiritual forces used to elevate the physical capabilities and got some blow back? Where they sent out to become the hunted against some unknown force and not properly prepared?

By the description of the camp site they where subject to intense fear. Their assaulter also has access to technology. Could it be branches within the military having experiments and war games? By only spending a short time on the ground and not locating any of the men it sounds like they where unfortunately expendable. With only the results of the encounter determined, those higher up the chain were just interested in the conclusions of the encounter. Either that or there is a better understanding of what this force they meet is and know there is no hope for them and safer for you to get your ass out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join