It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay dreamers, Bored, so here's a creepy dream I had.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't even think I got one hour sleep in when this happened. But, I dozed off, I go into the dream world or lala land as you would call it and suddenly I saw this female figure with a man behind her. I can't really describe it, so don't ask. But, the guy was all in black and I couldn't make out his face or anything. The girl, seemed like she was her 20's or 30's, but the guy thrusted a knife into the back of her neck and as soon as that happened, it was like I felt the pierce of the blade, and woke the heck up. I haven't had the dream again, but man, that was like totally off and creepy for me. Never had a dream like that before.

Anyone know what it means?

Did I like see something happen?

Maybe I'm getting stabbed in the back by someone and i don't know it?

edit on 14-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Wow with the name Man-hater I think I can see where this comes from?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Maybe it's the men getting back at me.

ROFL

Only when I'm dreaming.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

sometimes in dreams
we don't recognize ourselves when we see ourselves in a mirror

good night

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

oh geesh, probably the nicest person you'd ever meet. I do anything for the people I know at the drop of a dime. So, doubt it's my inner self.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I don't even think I got one hour sleep in when this happened. But, I dozed off, I go into the dream world or lala land as you would call it and suddenly I saw this female figure with a man behind her. I can't really describe it, so don't ask. But, the guy was all in black and I couldn't make out his face or anything. The girl, seemed like she was her 20's or 30's, but the guy thrusted a knife into the back of her neck and as soon as that happened, it was like I felt the pierce of the blade, and woke the heck up. I haven't had the dream again, but man, that was like totally off and creepy for me. Never had a dream like that before.

Anyone know what it means?

Did I like see something happen?

Maybe I'm getting stabbed in the back by someone and i don't know it?

Here's what it probably means...

Besides the obvious, man and a women symbolism... the idea of the man piercing a blade through the woman's neck, represents your conscious awareness and possibly fear of being vulnerable to suppression or oppression. Further more, it is to be considered as you attributing 'death' or being 'silenced' by men The fact that the man was in all black carries with it a sense that this applies to men at large, and specifically those that you determine to be dark or evil with their intentions.

The neck generally represents one's voice, expressions, and such...

Black can mean a multitude of things, such as 'false ego' which when applied to men, can be very appropriate.
Other things, black may represent:
Loneliness
Death
'spiritual state'
The death part gets tricky, because death isn't necessarily meant to represent an end, but rather the birth of a new beginning. But in this case, I'd suggest it's more to do with ego killing the women. As well, there is a 'mourning' aspect, which could be attributed that you sense that men with said egos are doing so as misplaced
emotions.

Admittedly, I don't have too much to go on, other than this... so my interpretation may fall short of accurately assessing this dream. Although, I feel that I'm pretty close. Dreams are tricky... sometimes it's not as cut and dry as people want them to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I would contemplate about the day you had before the dream...there's your answer...you felt that the honest circle was broken to a point where sensitive feelings ignored it.....hence back stab dream....just a feeling.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Have you been diagnosed with narcolepsy? If so it wouldnt be out of the ordinary to witness things of that sort during ur dreams. I remember one dream I had where I was on an operating table and I couldn't move and everything around the light over me was dark. Then syncronesly every one of the friends I had at the time came out of the darkness with a broad sword or sword of some sort and proceeded to stab it thru my paraylzed body. I could feel every inch of the blades going thru me which were like 15 to 20 until the last one which I felt and tasted the blood going thru my neck...that's when I woke up and was gasping for air and holding my neck. Sometimes it can be a gift and other times a curse I don't wish that experience on anyone and that's saying alot. I'd say that try to do a lil research and you may see that ur not the only one who witnesses these things. I also see dead people in my dreams which runs in the family. Happy dreaming my friend.

P.s. I don't see or hear from those people anymore which is kinda wierd.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, I didn't see her die or see any blood when it happened. So, I don't know. Still freaky.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

I would contemplate about the day you had before the dream...there's your answer...you felt that the honest circle was broken to a point where sensitive feelings ignored it.....hence back stab dream....just a feeling.

Yeah, I think it's a back stab dream too.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

No, I don't have narcolepsy. Ask my sister and she'll say she has it.

I did have a cool dream where I got sucked into the floor onto an operating table face down with a mirror about to shine onto the doctor. But as soon as I was about to see his face. I woke up. Total bummer. Swirling in circles was kinda of cool. Like an elevator going down, only in circles.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sometmes a dream is just that, a dream. They don't always mean stuff, sometimes what is buried in your subconcious comes out in your dreams amd often times something stressing you in life can manifest itself in your dreams as your subconcious tries to bring it to the fore for you to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Kind of reminds of a dream when I was younger where I was stabbed in the arm by a murderous supernatural doll.

I awoke suddenly and felt my arm. I had a sharp pain in the same spot I had been stabbed in the dream. Not as if I had actually been stabbed or anything, but it was enough to seriously creep out my younger self. I remember it still being pretty sore for a while afterwards.

edit on 14-7-2012 by AnUnfoundDoor because: Cause.

edit on 14-7-2012 by AnUnfoundDoor because:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

I couldn't agree more! Many times, dreams have a strong connection to recent events, and current emotional states. I will entertain the notion of 'back stabbing', but... it may be rooted as a 'ruling force', the man in this case being the governing factor over the woman in the dream, while paralleling what you had said... also carries with it a sense of trust(hence back stab).

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would agree with the man aspect, but one problem with that. There is no man in my life.
Not for the moment anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I wouldn't look too far into it if you had narcolepsy you'd be on here everyday talking about ur crazy dreams. Like the poster above said ur subconcious can display some crazy stuff , but if ur sister has it u could too...according to doctors its hereditary. So yea sometimes the best answers are the ones overlooked it could be as simple as ur mood before you slept.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I would agree with the man aspect, but one problem with that. There is no man in my life.
Not for the moment anyway.

Well, then forget my previous post... was the first one accurate? I'd like to know, for I often do dream interpretations and like to know if I'm slipping up or not... When I find that I'm becoming less accurate, I generally begin to interpret my own dreams and attempt to remove ego to try and bring clarity. I think my ego is currently a little 'high on life', so there's a good chance that I was incorrect with my interpretation... although my ego is telling me I'm not, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I had a dream recently that was sort of strange. I had been playing a game before going to bed and in the dream I noticed I was playing the game, but was also playing out the character in the game. I was running away from something in this game then realized I was dreaming so I didn't have to worry. So I stopped and thought, "well since I'm aware that I'm dreaming, what will happen now since I'm creating this dream and also aware that I'm dreaming". So I just stopped running and stood there pondering that and wondering what would follow.

And then a creature that looked like it was from the movie Aliens run at me and ate me.

Woke up after that of course.

Bit of a paradox really if you think about it. Becoming aware in a dream and somehow it becomes violent. Being aware in a dream yet an alien comes and eats you. I was shocked when that alien turned the corner and ate me, yet I created that on some level, while I was aware, so how could I be shocked? It's sorta similar to tickling yourself...you can't do it if it's "you".

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I have had similar dreams. Often I am running away from someone/thing and get wounded then I awake with a pain or cramp in that area. I have had the worst one of getting shot in the gut an woke to a horrible belly ache for the rest of the night.

Maybe it was just a cramp in your back while dreaming that affected the outcome of your dream. Or like others have said it also ties into what you are currently dealing with presently or even something briefly seen in a movie or read in a book. I know my dreams seem to be entangled with my daily life and physical well being at the time.

Don’t let it worry you too much. I think as we get older or maybe it is just me but I have noticed I have more troubling dreams that I wake to wondering what the heck was that about. Life is more and more complicated and our brains are trying to deal with how to sort all these issues out.

But thats what ATS is for right? Inquisitive minds want to know!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
I had a dream recently that was sort of strange. I had been playing a game before going to bed and in the dream I noticed I was playing the game, but was also playing out the character in the game. I was running away from something in this game then realized I was dreaming so I didn't have to worry. So I stopped and thought, "well since I'm aware that I'm dreaming, what will happen now since I'm creating this dream and also aware that I'm dreaming". So I just stopped running and stood there pondering that and wondering what would follow.

And then a creature that looked like it was from the movie Aliens run at me and ate me.

Woke up after that of course.

Bit of a paradox really if you think about it. Becoming aware in a dream and somehow it becomes violent. Being aware in a dream yet an alien comes and eats you. I was shocked when that alien turned the corner and ate me, yet I created that on some level, while I was aware, so how could I be shocked? It's sorta similar to tickling yourself...you can't do it if it's "you".

Awareness of being in a dream state, while still dreaming can be the craziest experience of a persons life! I once had a dream in which I realized that I was dreaming... it became so crazy, and I literally feared for my life... that I had to wake myself up. I will never forget the feeling. It was as if, I felt that I had to close my eyes as tight as possible, then clear my mind of all thought... that was when I heard a voice in my head yell 'WAKE UP'. At that exact moment, I woke up... the crazy part is, because of me clearing my mind, I have absolutely no recollection of what took place that got me to that point in the dream. I tried so hard to remember what happened immediately after the awaking from the dream, but no luck.
edit on 14-7-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join