It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What's the best way to redeem yourself of a committed sin ?

page: 3
1
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


No I call Him Father because He is. I never said I was Jesus.




posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

What's the best way to redeem yourself of a committed sin ?

Redeem yourself? good luck with that...

Sorry to break it to you but religion is ALL lies. PERIOD...

Religion PRETENDS to be the way and the truth but Jesus Christ said, ‘I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man can come unto the Father but by Me.’

The BLOOD of Jesus, HIS blood and His blood ALONE can redeem and save you.

This is what religion will NEVER tell you, the TRUTH!



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 




If you're not in Christ reconciliation must be made to Father first through His Son.


I am confused here, you separate the two here, but when speaking you claim they are not separate or one. Maybe I am misunderstanding.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas
 


Be careful, you said "Father" with no pronoun before it.. the English police are online. Wouldn't want someone to quote you and have a tissy fit.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN
 


I think when something bad happens to you because of your impulsiveness (that causes you a lot of pain), it may help you not be so impulsive. Pain has a way of jolting people into making more effort in controlling their actions.
I see life as a learning experience, you are already learning that your actions have caused harm, it's probably the beginning of you changing (maturing) so that's good. You can't change the past, but because you know your so impulsive, you can mentally set up some rules for yourself to help the control you need.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 




If you're not in Christ reconciliation must be made to Father first through His Son.


I am confused here, you separate the two here, but when speaking you claim they are not separate or one. Maybe I am misunderstanding.


Trinity. They are co-equal, co-eternal along with the Ruach ha'Kodesh.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 




Trinity. They are co-equal, co-eternal along with the Ruach ha'Kodesh.


Equal, but separate in entities?



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76
 


Come on, stop playing. I know you're familiar with the Trinity. God existing in 3 persons, and yet we call God "Him" not "Them".



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN
 



From memory



If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


I don't know the Chapter and verse, but it's pretty close.

You will be happy to know you don't have to do anything but ask for forgiveness to the Lord in your heart.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jhill76
 


Come on, stop playing. I know you're familiar with the Trinity. God existing in 3 persons, and yet we call God "Him" not "Them".


Actually, I was not familiar how you personally viewed it. But, now I see. And no, I am not familiar with mans terminology on above, this is why I inquire so much.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by ZikhaN
 



From memory



If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


I don't know the Chapter and verse, but it's pretty close.

You will be happy to know you don't have to do anything but ask for forgiveness to the Lord in your heart.


1 John 1:9



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Dang I was spot on too.


You can take the Preachers daughter out of the Church, but............



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Dang I was spot on too.


You can take the Preachers daughter out of the Church, but............


You hear it that many times, I don't think it will ever leave you.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76
 


I suppose that's a good thing seeing as that was the whole purpose.




posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN
 


You can't, redemption is not possible for you to achieve.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by ZikhaN
 


You can't, redemption is not possible for you to achieve.


Well aren't you just a bright ray of sunshine.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


If you understood, I actually was.

ETA: I will clarify I suppose. There is nothing you can ever do to erase sin, if there was Jesus would never have come to Earth. Do not waste your life trying to redeem yourself, you can't. It's quite freeing. Just like you can never take back a hurtful thing you do to a person, all you can do is try to do better in the future. That is part of asking for forgiveness.
edit on 14-7-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

No I call Him Father because He is. I never said I was Jesus.

Well, wherever you picked up this pop-culture type religious practice of addressing God in the third person without the article, I think you should drop it because it comes off as sanctimonious and creepy, plus it is not only grammatically incorrect, but is also theologically incorrect, and, to me, blasphemous.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by ZikhaN
 



From memory



If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


I don't know the Chapter and verse, but it's pretty close.

You will be happy to know you don't have to do anything but ask for forgiveness to the Lord in your heart.


I think that sums it up quite nicely.
I would like to add one more, just for clarification:
"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference"

Despite all of mankind's machinations and theoretical postulating, I think God likes to keep it pretty simple.
Thus, salvation is available to every human being, regardless of their education, race, culture, creed, whatever, it is offered the same way, which is through God's grace (basically, simply because He said so).

Deceptively simple, believe Jesus' death atoned for your sins, accept that atonement, and move forward in your new life in a genuine effort to learn more about Him and understand what your salvation means. That's pretty much it.

You will continue to make mistakes, and you will continue to have to own up to them, but you will continue to have that forgiveness available to you as long as you choose to accept it.
We will all continue to make mistakes until the day we die.
Thankfully, when we regret it we can say "I'm sorry" and there's actually someone there always listening to answer us.



posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

No I call Him Father because He is. I never said I was Jesus.

Well, wherever you picked up this pop-culture type religious practice of addressing God in the third person without the article, I think you should drop it because it comes off as sanctimonious and creepy, plus it is not only grammatically incorrect, but is also theologically incorrect, and, to me, blasphemous.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)


Jesus said to address Him as Father/Abba.

Yet another saying of Christ I am to reject? Roughly how much of scripture do you still accept, ballpark figure?


edit on 14-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join