It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best way to redeem yourself of a committed sin ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by ZikhaN

You are correct...

But what is forgiveness for? To make God feel better... or to make yourself feel better?

We all make mistakes brother... learn from them, and do not repeat them.

As i've said, your actions will come back to you...

Karma is a bitch...

No it won't. That being said with trust for his HS and whether or not my No is 100% accurate is in his HS's hand and Family above's hands, but. KARMA has alot of belief like voodoo to it. If you don't believe in harm, have faith in forgiveness, and changing patterns, seeking for help, its like you raise above it frequency wise, you will know and feel other people and start to live conscously, overcoming tendencies to harm or neglect others.

In other words, KARMA is a personal gift, mostly, that is pointing out what lessons we need to learn, and if we learn those lessons, start to work with our lives, everything changes.

Karma is a lesson to learn, it is NOT this rule of law out to get you no matter what, and extract its pound of flesh, as some literally belief, and wish you to abandion what you know of as the mercy you know is true. Ie because I suspect they really are trying to get their pound of flesh as future slaves by keeping people really fear based.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

im not sure what you're talking about when you said Karma is like voodoo...

Its simply the law of cause and effect... not necessarily meaning if you slap someone you'll get slapped by someone in the future.

Negative action brings negative effect... and vice versa...

Not only is it a law but its testable... unfortunatly the effects are not always noticed...

Not to be arguementitive... but... Yes... it will

edit on 13-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

One place to start would be to recognize that the concept of Sin is an illusion. You can plague yourself with negative feelings if you so choose. Ask yourself...does doing that have a positive effect in your life?

You did not provide any concrete examples of how your actions influenced your conscious(and I am not asking you to do so in any case). I don't think you should be ashamed of your actions. If you truly feel you have wronged someone you should try to understand why you did so and prevent it from happening again.

There is nothing wrong with having impulses. They are natural. If you don't like the outcome of certain impulses than by all means reflect on them and attempt to control them. However, if you enjoy what your impulses lead to I don't think you should condemn yourself for acquiescing to them. Enjoy it.

I hope this perspective helps.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Lotsa good insight and philosophy in here =) Thanks guys

Also, if you listen to this song IMMEDIATELY you will dance in your seat... and by doing that you will automatically earn 10 automatic 'good karma' points in life and qualify for a chance to win a trip to Nirvana (not the band, of course)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Random acts of kindness
, you say your negativity comes in outbursts!! The next time you feel like helping someone out in a small way, even a random stranger or a stray dog, and even if that thought pops into your mind for a millisecond, grab it and act on it. The polar opposite of an angry outburst. Works wonders.
Good luck

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Easy, don't sin again.

yeah okay so a little slip here or there. Maybe you've glimpsed the path. For some that can be enough.

The past will wash away like the smoothest river current, or the slightest subtlety of a wind. You can glimpse it once it happened, & be as aware as you can be. But once its gone, Its gone.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Laws like that give way to the Spirit, including us, that forms this. We're the ones that make the frequency and form the shapes in this ocean of frequency matrix, and of course the Higher Ups, even more so, which is a barrier between the gateways to higher realms and lower. We're consciousness. And the only purpose for karma is to learn and seek. Its not a punishment. Family isn't punitive. So obviously waking up and seeking hard, and taking responsibility, blaming self not others, and trying hard to ask your Soul and Family for help and to unblock, to turn the negatives into positives, to learn, has some real positive growth factors, not to mention, karma falls away, and its not like the karma of the past is right up there to bite you. Saying your sorry works wonders, to those you love.

This is at least dealing with those seeking and who take on blame and wish to perfect. This isn't to say that there is no consequence for serious harm of others, and that even if Family was completely healing/forgiving, there is still perfect knowledge, and or own Souls are tough on us, but even there, we need to always believe and have faith that there are far better ways to learn and make up for things than to hand ourselves over to the dark side. I don't want anyone in the universe to do that.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I'll give you that, but again i don't think were seeing eye to eye...

You speak of only positive aspects of karma, which is great... but unfortunatly there is also a darker side to the issue... and an appoligy doesn't always balance everything out... and some Karma can not be resolved within a single lifetime. Obviously this isn't the case with the OP... but i maintain...

Your Karma returns to you... be it positive or negative.

Its not punishment, its balance... negative produces negative... and positive produces positive... and the effects are like a ripples in a still lake once a stone is tossed within.

Of course it exists as a tool for learning... but honestly, what doesn't...

thats what life is about... learning our lessons

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Just because others lie and deceive others doesn't mean you have to. Don't get yourself into predicaments where you get yourself in trouble like that. You are in control of your body and mind, don't let it get control. You are feeling bad so I know you have a conscience. I made mistakes in the past as did everyone and I will do it again. I have no desire for wealth or fame so that helps. I do not like to steal or deceive others. If you aren't good enough to get away with something don't do it. Most people feel guilty and want to get caught so they mess up.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know that Family above, which is in charge of our lives is Positive only. They are far more Love and Goodness, including every attribute you could ever attribute to this, such as humility , giving, forgiveness, sharing, helping, peace, etc. than any human heart here in this frequency could ever imagine. Turn the dial up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up ,up to infintiy and beyond to get a glmpse of the kind of Love and Goodness they have.

The problem with earth is that so many souls have allowed themselves to be roped into a karmic trap, and blame themselves and others, buy into laws that don't exist, for only VIRTUES exist and they are based on: Love, Equality, Peace, Humility, Sharing, Caring, Forgiving and all those atributes I mentioned above, turned up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up, up.

People really need to change their minds about this tough love painful, ugly way of learning. Its all a trap by teh dracos. Its like this: come into lower frequency, get messed up and traumatized, harm others, blame self, get hauled off to their realms afterwards, and be tortured by sadists, as a mirror as punishment. Rinse and Repeat.

How do you imagine heaven is built on such a school?

Its NOT!

But many beliefs on this planet, including gnostic beliefs and mystery school is based exactly on this, and people are taught to expect punitive harsh systems and to feel guilty.

Well, feeling bad for harming others is iimportant. BUT HAVE FAITH THAT THERE ARE FAR BETTER SCHOOLS AND WAYS TO LEARN. I've always known this, this is sickening to me.

Karma is not there as punishment, its just a repeat and wake up call, for a person to learn the lessons and work through improving their love.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

K.I.S.S.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Forgive others.

"To have, give all to all"

This! And its profound.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I know nothiing of these "dracos" or heaven for that matter...

I only know what i've experienced... There are two sides to karma, positive and negative... and every action no matter how insignifigent has a reaction.

I'm not saying one should feel guilty... you might notice i mentioned to the OP that the past can not be changed but he can affect his own future. He's said he has issues controling his impulses... it was more of a warning then anything. Bringing harm to others, and any life for that matter has its consequences.

DO you believe one who commits murder and gets away with it will go unpunished?

I do not...

One can not fool God...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

What's the best way to redeem yourself of a committed sin ?

I tend to repeat mine over and over until I get them completely right.

OK, Honesty is NOT the best policy. First and foremost, if you do something stupid, keep it to yourself. If you cheat, and you regret it, no need for two of you to regret it, just keep it to yourself. If you kill a hooker, and hide the body, keep it to yourself. No need for your brother or best friend to have to share the burden of your guilt. Don't talk about it. If you stole something, and you wish you hadn't stole it, don't try to give it back, they'll just arrest you. Make amends by becoming a loyal customer and tipping well.

Seriously. You cannot undo the past, and there is no reason to share your regrets with your loved ones. Shut up about it and try to be a better person in the future.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know what you're saying, and I'm saying its not true. Karma is only used one way, it is not used as in terms of day by day cause and effect of all things including, water, feels wet (cause and affect of turning on the tap), for example. It is used in terms of, pay back. Or positive outcome from giving. In other words, a moral lesson.

And again, NO, karma is only real if you are into this kind of punitive school. It exists only for the purpose of waking you up. Once you begin to learn the lessons, it is over. There is no need, and the universe is not a machine that just keeps dishing the cause and effect out. The universe is a dream like thought scape that responds to SOUL, its maker/shaper/designer, and Spirit is more REAL than this so called illusionary matter world.

Just so we are very clear that I don't believe in anyone giving into the belief of karma.

Just work through effecting change and have faith in Family, and do what you can to make up for, take blame when you didn't do it, seek not to be right but to find better ways of drawing another's light out of them. We tend to be very skilled at drawing the other side out and making good people's days turn to stress and harm. So take responsiblity, and strive to be conscious.

If its really serious stuff, pour it out to family and be brave and even if HS and our own souls needs to face what the others went through, don't hand yourself over to the jailer, but believe and have faith in Love and that Love has better methods and a better plan.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Learn from my experience OP, I know what you mean, keep in mind, no matter what anyone else says, intention is what matters.

"Sometimes the best gurus find ways to help people, but not exactly the way people expect it to."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-7-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

There is only one way. "Best" implies there are multiple ways. If you're in Christ then 1 John 1:9. If you're not in Christ reconciliation must be made to Father first through His Son.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you're not in Christ reconciliation must be made to Father first through His Son.

Normally when talking about God in the third person and referring to His fatherly aspect, you would use an article, normally our, or the, when referring to Him as the father of Jesus.
What you seem to be doing is using father as if it is God's proper name, which as far as I know, the New Testament never specifies.
Now it says in Romans 8:15 that through the spirit (meaning the third person of the godhead) we cry out to Abba, the father. Those are they who have already gotten away from the sinful, natural life and follow a life acceptable to God.
You have invented your own theology that is not Christian, and so placing yourself on the same level as God.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Karma is not there as punishment, its just a repeat and wake up call, for a person to learn the lessons and work through improving their love.

After looking at both you and Akragon responses, it seems you both have the same meaning, but just differ on terms; that karma is there as a resource to teach you to learn from past mistakes.

For example: A begger comes along, he asks you for money, you say no. Now, you find yourself in a situation, where you need to get money, and you ask your friend, but they say no. What instantly pops in your head: You think of your past situation with said begger. Now, moving forward you will be different in your approach if a begger or anyone else in need crosses your path. *This is not for all, as some are more hard headed and needs a more direct approach, but this method is the most common used by above.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Good question... something that I know and going through firsthand...

Well, my theory is that you have to sort of ween your self off from those kind of actions. But, you have to really take it upon yourself to "stop giving in to your impulses." It's not going to be an overnight change; it's like your a baby again, learning how to crawl, then to walk... You get on your knees and crawl, and when you finally get to start walking, you're so excited that you start walking everywhere only to fall on your bottom every now and then. But no matter how old you get and how much you think you've mastered the walk, you're still going to fall on your bottom one day; when you do fall, you gotta pick yourself up and truly learn how and why you fell, to prevent from future occurrence.

Father freely forgives, you just got to learn how you fell, forgive yourself, and not love the action so you won't fall into your old ways. Again, my idea is perfect in theory, but it's harder said than done and it will be a personal experience all of your own; what may not necessarily work for me, may be beneficial for you.

And to address the "right the past situation," I don't know the answer for that question: the best advice I can offer is to ask God. It's important to forgive others as Father forgives you, but what do you do when you are the one on the other end of the stick, the one that is to be forgiven by others for one's actions? Do you ask the other person for forgiveness? Do you show an outwardly expression of responsibility of guilt? Do you just quietly sit in the back, and go on about your day, just knowing that you are sorry and hopefully they ( the party that you trespassed against ) will see how sorry you are and forgive you?

I don't know what you should do, so my best advice is to ask God, and He will speak, one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join