It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best way to redeem yourself of a committed sin ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

FOR GOD'S SAKE BROTHER, GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF! SLAP, SLAP!

This is YOUR life! Not, Jesus' life, or God's life, or your mother's life or your wives life! It's your life, so go out and live it right!

Stop f**ing around and start paying attention!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Now go live it!

IMHO,

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I think that sums it up quite nicely.
I would like to add one more, just for clarification:
"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference"

This verse you just quoted (Romans 3:22) is taken out of context, where it is just part of a long sentence which includes verses 21 through 26.
It may be better understood by looking at the translation by Robert Jewett:

But God's righteousness that was attested by the law and the prophets has been manifested apart from the law, that is, God's righteousness [has been manifested] through faith in Jesus Christ, in regard to all who have faith, for (for there is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being set right freely by his grace) through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
"whom God put forth as a mercy seat"
through faith "in his blood"
for a demonstration of his righteousness
"because of the passing over of sinful actions previously committed by the forbearance of God";
to demonstrate his righteousness in the present critical time, so that he is righteous and makes righteous the one who has faith in Jesus.

This passage is setting out a proof of God's righteousness in that He is bringing about a righteousness in a redeemed people without the law that was connected to the earlier Passover in Egypt, with another sort of Passover, a superior sort of Passover in Jesus which does not have a law of the type given in Sinai attached to it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Unity_99

Karma is not there as punishment, its just a repeat and wake up call, for a person to learn the lessons and work through improving their love.

After looking at both you and Akragon responses, it seems you both have the same meaning, but just differ on terms; that karma is there as a resource to teach you to learn from past mistakes.

For example: A begger comes along, he asks you for money, you say no. Now, you find yourself in a situation, where you need to get money, and you ask your friend, but they say no. What instantly pops in your head: You think of your past situation with said begger. Now, moving forward you will be different in your approach if a begger or anyone else in need crosses your path. *This is not for all, as some are more hard headed and needs a more direct approach, but this method is the most common used by above.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

Yes except. There is a school of thought that would say this, if your underlying lesson in life is to learn to be more service to others, to give more, to be less materiastic, it could go further and to be more thoughtful, conscious, grateful, humble, and see through the world, and more spiritual, (when one gate is passed, another one must be reached, and if we come into tackle one problem and do so, a whole new script is written up, if we're reporting for duty to try and help, although some may go home).

But, lets say youre lesson is to learn to give. And so you may find daily tests, opportunities to give and walk by them.

As we close down our light and soul, and lower our vibration to greed, we may pull in circumstances that show us the error of our way (the karmic ones like you suggested). Some, seem to thrive, and gain the big house and the big car and be rewarded by their greed. There are a lot of mysteries here, and the ones at the top of the economic heap don't seem to be affected by karma in the same way, are they being protected from it by the dark side?

But lets pretend the person will face some economic hardships soon on his own, and this timeline possibility is roughly 2 years down the road.

What some who believe in karma would say, that waking up in those 2 years, and learning why we're here, to grow our love, and striving quickly to depogram, learn from our mistakes, help those around us, some of us don't have the ability to help others financially by the way. Some are in debt for food each month with their families. In any case, I heard others share that their future karma or frequency match would be changed, but the past would still have an effect.

What I'm saying is There Is No Time at all, in the cosmos and once you're learnt your lesson, the past does not affect your present or near future any longer.

You can then sponataneously make choices and follow inner guidance to avoid being in that situation yourself, if say that was supposedly going to happen to you.

Trying to simplify, if A is your past and B is the result of your past, and C is the future.

Some who believe in karma would say that if you have an awakening, and start to work through your life lessons, then this would affect C but your B and even your near future, so B-C range, would still have karmic consequence from A, irregardless of anything. And anything you just did today, before you epiphany, would still have a consequence.

I am saying that its all cleared if you learn the lesson and you are free to then help others.

I truly don't believe in any karma, just lessons and learning to help and perfect.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What I'm saying is There Is No Time at all, in the cosmos and once you're learnt your lesson, the past does not affect your present or near future any longer.

Yes, this I agree. But, the parameters of the lesson would have to be set forth by Father, and not man. I think this is why many think it is a re-occurrence, because they "think" they have learned, but by above viewing it from an unbiased perspective, they truly have not learned.

You can then sponataneously make choices and follow inner guidance to avoid being in that situation yourself, if say that was supposedly going to happen to you.

I wish all of man would do this, then above could focus on other things, than steady fixing many things that have gone astray.

Some who believe in karma would say that if you have an awakening, and start to work through your life lessons, then this would affect C but your B and even your near future, so B-C range, would still have karmic consequence from A, irregardless of anything. And anything you just did today, before you epiphany, would still have a consequence.

I am saying that its all cleared if you learn the lesson and you are free to then help others.

I truly don't believe in any karma, just lessons and learning to help and perfect.

This I agree wholeheartedly. Once you "learn", the same occurrences now cease, because you have proven yourself, and there is no need to continue down that path of learning again.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Family, our Source, as in Father/Mother, but our Soul/Higher Source plays a role in our life lessons. And in our daily workings our Loved ones from the other side, sometimes give us a swift kick in the behind to try to get our attention.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Family, our Source, as in Father/Mother, but our Soul/Higher Source plays a role in our life lessons.

Yes, the spirit within, holds all the parameters for you to live life by. It's the human side that strays from what is.

And in our daily workings our Loved ones from the other side, sometimes give us a swift kick in the behind to try to get our attention.

Very true. Sometimes it's even the extreme (loss of job, car, etc.), it's not to make you suffer or anything like that, it's more to grab your attention for something you did, or didn't do. When in despair (human emotion), you reflect and look back and think back on all the choices you made, then it becomes clear what you must do moving forward. When this happens, you finally get what you desired back. This is not the only answer or example, but one of many above uses to grab attention.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus said to address Him as Father/Abba.
Nope.
Now there is the Lord's Prayer, where it starts out with the article our before father. Paul says in Romans 8:15, we cry Abba, the Father, where it has the article ho, usually translated, the. It says "by him" we cry out, meaning the Holy Spirit, so it is the spirit crying out "Father" on our behalf. Jesus and the Holy Ghost can call God Father, since it would be rather literal for them to address Him as such. Paul goes on to say that we will receive our adoption (which we now have in Christ by faith, meaning the hope of) when we do according to the direction of the spirit, and is probably not fully actualized until the resurrection.

Yet another saying of Christ I am to reject? Roughly how much of scripture do you still accept, ballpark figure?
Your pop-culture YouTube video celebrity tough guy preacher version is what I have a problem with. You read into anyone's disagreement of your interpretation (what you borrow from videos) as rejection of scripture.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What the.. of course Im talking about the Lord's prayer. God is our Father, and i'll call Him Father giving the respect He is due. There was no such thing as the English article "our" in the first century. For Pete's sake get the beam out of your eye, what are you an English professor now?

He is Father. I don't use an article when addressing my Earthly father. Grow up Pharisee.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Your first instinct to pray to God, repent and ask for forgiveness and be sincere in trying better in the future is correct.

Seriously seek after Jesus because there is no such thing as ' I CAN'T control my impulses'

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

In a time of weakness when the impulse is coming at you ask God sincerely at this time to give you the strength to resist the urge.

God forgives fully when we repent with a sincere and contrite heart but He also wants us to persevere sincerely in seeking to grow in spiritual maturity and a character like His. Ask God to help create in you are heart like His own.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

And to add, if the member is in Christ God will give him the grace to will and to do of His good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13). I think the greatest verse for seeking forgiveness and spiritual cleansing is found in 1 John 1:9.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What the.. of course Im talking about the Lord's prayer. God is our Father, and i'll call Him Father giving the respect He is due.
How is addressing God in the same way as your "Earthly father" showing "the respect He is due"? You are either bringing God down, or making yourself equal to God.

There was no such thing as the English article "our" in the first century.
There may not have been the English word, our, in the first century but there was the Greek equivalent, the personal possessive pronoun genitive first person plural, which is what you find in the beginning of the Lord's Prayer at Matthew 6:9.

For Pete's sake get the beam out of your eye, what are you an English professor now?
I don't think the "get the beam out of your own eye" saying was meant to use against other people, and defeats the purpose Jesus intended, to use it in that way. It was meant for self-reflection on what you need to do yourself, as the wording of it apparently implies.

He is Father.
You are beyond the pale on this one with no backing other than a decadent pop-culture pseudo-christianity where everyone thinks they are prophets who can determane how religion takes its form to fit their own desires and self promotion. This type of informal address to the deity is reserved (until we are in our glorified bodies in heaven) to other deities like the Holy Spirit who speaks for the collective of the members of the Church.

I don't use an article when addressing my Earthly father.
(see comment above)

Grow up Pharisee.
Devastating comeback *sarcasm*.
edit on 14-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Still call Him Father. What now?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What now?

Depends.
Do you want to glorify God, or yourself?
If God, then always add the article with the word, father, when you mean God.
If yourself, then leave it off.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

What verse? What verse says it dishonours God not to utilise an article to address Him? What verse JM? My spirit cries out Abba/Father, and that is how I address Him and will continue to do so until I breathe my last breath. I suggest you worry about your own relationship with Him.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What verse JM?

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery leading again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Gal 4:6 And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, who calls “Abba! Father!”

Notice how in both verses it says there is a deity (the Spirit) who is speaking for us, who is addressing God in that way.
(as I mentioned earlier).

edit on 15-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The "we" is Christians. My spirit cries out Abba/Father.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
This is something I think about a lot. Because even though my intentions are good, I'm not perfect, and I tend to do bad stuff sometimes that can hurt other people. And if it's too late to go back to that person and ask for forgiveness, is it better to pray, and ask god for forgiveness, or to just act, and show change for the better in future situations?

I tend to walk around with a lot of bad conscience from time to time. Because sometimes I can't control my impulses. Even though I know that I should. I know that my intentions are good, but I feel like that's just a cheap way to excuse my bad actions. Because I tend to do something impulsive, which I later realize is practically a sin, and then afterwards I feel really bad about it. It's almost like I'm sacrificing my conscience for the heat of the moment. And I know it's bad, but sometimes I just CAN'T control my impulses. Is impulse a sin in this case? I mean if it gets repeated ?

Any insight ?

Be grateful you still have a conscience because if you didn't it would mean you had been turned over to Satan the Repribate One. No one is perfect, not one person on this planet. Asking forgiveness of Yahuwah Elohim (God) is ok, it shows you feel remorse for doing wrong and acknowledgeing that error and it is never too late to go to that person and ask them to forgive you unless they are dead. The kindest word can heal a broken heart, the harshest word can kill and this is why Yeshua (Jesus) has said we should gaurd our tongues and our minds.

The goal is to learn from your mistakes and stop doing them, this is what repentence is and what it means, to learn from what you did and do not keep doing it. Ask Yeshua to help you control your impuses and to teach you how, he will and it will get better with practice. It will also help to not put yourself into a position where you will be tempted. If the problem is of a sexual nature, then avoid the things that are a temptation to you. It's not something you can do alone, it will take the Messiah's help, on our own we cannot be righteous this is why he came, to be our righteousness for us.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh dear

"Yahuwah"?

Please tell me you're not reading/listening to info from the sacred namers? They are borderline witchcraft practitioners.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I lol'd.

but still thanks to lonewolf for the nice words =)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

I lol'd.

but still thanks to lonewolf for the nice words =)

Witchcraft is thinking/assuming God is angry and doesn't want to assist man and special incantations, rituals et cetra force God's hand. Sacred Namers think only if the correct pronunciation of God's Name is used He will be forced to accept them. And is the exact letters and syllables are not used God will reject man. It then becomes all about the perfect letters and pronunciation of Names et cetra and not about what God already has done for man on their behalf in Christ. It becomes what we say and no longer about what HE did.

Rabbis in Israel admit they don't know the exact way to pronounce YHVH. Why you ask? Because it is the UNPRONOUNCEABLE Name of God! And these fools want the world to think they only know how to pronounce it. Well, God also has a 48 letter proper Name and a 72 letter proper Name. Let's start a cult claiming if people don't accurately spell and pronounce the 72 letter Name of God they can't be saved! Haha, I mean if you are only righteous if you pronounce the 4 letter Name of God correctly imagine how super-righteous we can be by pronouncing the 72 letter Name of God??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join