It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The jimmy Hendrix prophecy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Graham Hancock. Look him up on youtube about the psychedelic drugs.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Drugs give you hallucinations, not visions. The visions come when you are exhausted from doing all the drugs. You get the visions at the end of exhausting drug runs. Anyone who has done a ton of heavy drugs for days on end knows this (I wouldn't recommend it).

Heavy drug use is the alternative means of getting to the same exhausted state that (for instance) the stories in the bible relate about people fasting in the desert for forty days and nights.

Another is Sitting Bull and his "ghost dance" prior to Custer's raid. He cut himself bloody and danced for days until he collapsed and had the vision of American soldiers raining from the sky.

Another is from the movie "Billy Jack" where he submits to the bite of a rattlesnake and lies in a coma without medicine.

Then there is Carlos Castaneda and "The Teachings of Don Juan".

All of these have exhaustion from various means as the conveyor to "visions".

Oh and in closing if anyone on here disrespects Jimi Hendrix... may the fleas of a thousand hippies lay their eggs in your armpits.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by Wifibrains

It's a very old and aicient technique of reaching a higher state of consciousness. And is still used to this day. Commen people do it and it's bad. Why? They don't want you high, they want you low. Tok tok

I find it amusing that people still think drugs can help you reach a higher state of consciousness, or enhanced reality. It's simply an altered state. If you want to find true inspiration, it's to be found in clarity, or a beautiful woman....Hendrix would at least agree with the beautiful woman part:

edit on 13-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Ive been watching to see how many songs are used as refrences. Considering that the drummer wrote most of the music, I think Jimmi, even though I'm a fan, is a great deal OVERrated.

He could play a right handed guitar upside down and lefthanded. For a left handed person, this isnt very hard to do. The first time I learned how to play ONE from Metallica, was on my friends left hander. I'm a righty.

He didnt write most of his stuff, the drummer did.

He used alot of drugs, and often those same drugs will make you see things that are not real.

no, I didnt say, see things that are real that you couldnt see before... but things that are NOT real and not really there.

I have also done '___'... LOTS of it. Folks really should understand, the drug induced visions are just that... Drug Induced... And not visions at all anymore than imagination of an already doped up mind. It may allow you to think in a diffrent way (I found that Acid tends to screw you up for life because of this... You seldom can ever come to one serious conclusion without a million other "well.. but, though"s for a very long time. After a while, your brain attempts to be normal again and you realise where you were the idiot all the while.

edit on 13-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the fact that you keep referring to him as "Jimmy", rather than "Jimi", kind of speaks to a credibility issue.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

what are you on about?

"keep" refering? I think I've mentioned his name once in my responce. Big flipping deal... I added 1 extra M. Im not the greatest speller in the world. Oh damn, if only we were all such the stickler... I dont think we'd have time to make posts. We'd be far too busy checking each other's spelling.

oh yeah... No Y though, so..... again.. what are you on about?

Your 1 second of fame up in smoke. Hey.. one smart assed comment deserves another

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the fact that you keep referring to him as "Jimmy", rather than "Jimi", kind of speaks to a credibility issue.

He was befor my time, and I did say I just found an article and shared it. Credibility, yes, none.
Thanks for reading none the less.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Was he killed???? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

God, ATS gets funnier every day

Excuse my proper English. Lol

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

What puts me off on your OP is that you cannot spell JIMI HENDRIX for starters.
He is quite a hero of mine and has been for years, even though I was too young at the actual time he was around to fully appreciate him

Theres a lot of other good music he sang/played guitar on, if you feel like analysing it for us.

Little Wing
Angel
Castles made of Sand
Voodoo Chile
...to name but a few

Poor Jimi, for all his talent, was high as a kite 90%+ of the time. Go watch Woodstock (for example) and you'll see it for yourself. Electric Ladyland is another shining example of his mind at the time.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Urbanshadow because: ETA more info

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Love your avatar Wifi - way cool.

Jimi was very high most of his life, but that doesn't mean that anyone should automatically discredit his ramblings. I think he was authorised to discuss alien matters, becuase he was indeed an alien himself.

* Ned

edit on 14-7-2012 by nimbinned because: just because

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

Much of his music to me sound connected to Atlantis.

Ps sorry about the spelling of his name, he was befor my time,
edit on 14-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Thanks, the guys at the avatar creations thread helped me out

He was an alien? Some one sent me some jimi Hendrix channelings, I haven't checked them yet, if they are any good ill share them here.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: Spelt jimi wrong lol

Channelings were not for this thread. IMO. I'm a believer, but a skeptic believer if that makes scence.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Jimi was known by me as an awesome musician. What he did and used has nothing to do with how great he was imho.

In regards to prophecy.... Who knows.

My grandfather at death told me there was too much carbon in the atmosphere.

edit on 14-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienAgendah

It was the massive amounts of '___' he was taking. Nothing more.

One day I listened on the radio an interview to J. Ventura, he said Hendrix addiction was induced and controlled by the people who controlled his business too. Think about it, do you believe he used to by drugs by himself?

Also wonder if all those drugs induced him an state of conscience that made him have visions.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I just find it a little disheartening when otherwise intelligent folks outright dismiss the possibility of chemically-induced ENHANCED perception, without seeming to give it much thought or study. And yes, I've used '___', etc.

I feel the same way. There are legal drugs everywhere that only slow down, (dumb down?), and make a haze of the real world.

I wish there was a place I could go buy a Nootropic that really worked. Something that was just like the pill in the movie "Limitless".

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I got through the first pagee of comments.. Ignorance is like, god around here. Wow! Thheres no denying that.. Its mostly embraced by weak minded folk. Jimi knew what he was talking about. Unfortunately, yes, the psychodelics made it harder for him to convey.. Since after what he saw, the words just didnt mean enough. Its like einstein talking to an infant.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by article
reply to post by adjensen

what are you on about?

"keep" refering? I think I've mentioned his name once in my responce. Big flipping deal... I added 1 extra M. Im not the greatest speller in the world. Oh damn, if only we were all such the stickler... I dont think we'd have time to make posts. We'd be far too busy checking each other's spelling.

oh yeah... No Y though, so..... again.. what are you on about?

Um... I was referring to the OP. Look at the title of the threads and his posts. I have no idea why you would think I was talking to you -- one would think it was obvious who I was referring to, so no clarification was needed. Guess not, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by article

I think Jimmi, even though I'm a fan, is a great deal OVERrated.

You must be a legend in you OWN mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Was he a legend just for guitar playing? Or does he's legacy live on because people just "feel" him?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by article

Originally posted by isyeye

It's a very old and aicient technique of reaching a higher state of consciousness. And is still used to this day. Commen people do it and it's bad. Why? They don't want you high, they want you low. Tok tok

I find it amusing that people still think drugs can help you reach a higher state of consciousness, or enhanced reality. It's simply an altered state. If you want to find true inspiration, it's to be found in clarity, or a beautiful woman....Hendrix would at least agree with the beautiful woman part:

edit on 13-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Ive been watching to see how many songs are used as refrences. Considering that the drummer wrote most of the music, I think Jimmi, even though I'm a fan, is a great deal OVERrated.

He could play a right handed guitar upside down and lefthanded. For a left handed person, this isnt very hard to do. The first time I learned how to play ONE from Metallica, was on my friends left hander. I'm a righty.

He didnt write most of his stuff, the drummer did.

He used alot of drugs, and often those same drugs will make you see things that are not real.

no, I didnt say, see things that are real that you couldnt see before... but things that are NOT real and not really there.

I have also done '___'... LOTS of it. Folks really should understand, the drug induced visions are just that... Drug Induced... And not visions at all anymore than imagination of an already doped up mind. It may allow you to think in a diffrent way (I found that Acid tends to screw you up for life because of this... You seldom can ever come to one serious conclusion without a million other "well.. but, though"s for a very long time. After a while, your brain attempts to be normal again and you realise where you were the idiot all the while.

edit on 13-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

This one of the most ignorant comments I have ever seen. Mitch never wrote any of Hendrix's tunes and to think so you must think Mitch was an equal guitarist to Hendrix. Hendrix did not play a left handed guitar. He reversed the strings because left handed guitars were not available at the time. Some of the stuff I see posted here is so ridiculous beyond belief.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Jimi knew what he was talking about. Unfortunately, yes, the psychodelics made it harder for him to convey.. .

Quite the oposite, it made it very easy for him to convey.
edit on 14-7-2012 by CallYourBluff because: missed the n

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join