It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The jimmy Hendrix prophecy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You old Family? Sounds like it. I had to babysit materialists after they were stripped clean and found nothing inside worth anything. It did get you to see the Matrix for what it is, but what we can do that they cannot stop is help those to find the true place called home that comes after this one. They may control here right now but are not allowed in where we are going...hip hip horray!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

That's what has made me into a raging alcoholic just to try to manage the pain...

Forgive me for being direct. Is that your best excuse, or just a crutch? Blaming any current dependency on the past is well, unforgiving. What pain? Surely not '___'. Maybe what it made you see...

Care to elaborate (since you already have)? Open it up.

Or U2U me...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I feel your pain Sir.

It never really had a bad trip, but I've had one I didnt care for. Too many cigs and water made for a rough, nasty, horrible tasting night. Never been in a trip I wanted out of so bad as that one. Watched the fuzz channel on TV leak all over the floor, watched it boulder over and over again...

now, I agree that one can think of some really cool stuff while in this zone, but the thing is, I dont think it's brought on by the drug so much that it was already in your mind, just finding a way to put it out there is the fun part. Under the influence of any drug, in my past, I found that I could write poetry that seemed to mean alot, but in honesty, when I was writting it in that state, I knew I was just matching words that didnt mean anything to me. When I was sober, it actually looked like a well thought out poem.

Kind of like when musicians make music. Some will write the guitar first, not even knowing what the words will even be. Then they'll add words that 'fit". So in reality, the two had nothing to do with the other, yet together they combine to make a song. When I'm making music, sometimes I will write my drums out first, then my guitar, and finaly words. When I'm going into it, I may have only a segment of a sound in my head that I lay out to become much more. Sometimes drums are the last thing involved. Mostly it's guitar first then drums then lyrics. Though, sometimes a cool jumble of words come together in my head that makes sense to me somehow, someway, even on a very small personal scale. To some it may mean nothing, to others, it could be something huge that they relate in their life. I found that Acid and pot helped in the writting department, but then I realised the truth after I got away from it all. I was simply throwing jumbles of words together that eventually sounded cool, made sense and worked. I do this exact thing today, cept, I dont have a drug involved to make me forget that this is a simple writting style. When on acid, you tend to forget the important stuff.

Kinda like...

High:
I know this. Why do I know this?

Sober:
Doh! Oh yeah.. Ive been doing this since I was a child. That's how I knew. How in the hell did I not know this answer?

Anyone that has endulged may know well what I'm talking about. It's not that you're saying, doing or learning anything exceptional. You're just doing it under the influence of something that makes you forget why you were doing it in the first place. Acid seems to take that "common sense" away from a person and gives them a dreamlike state and feeling, though it's nothing of the sort.

I used to love the stuff, till I started having a really hard time making choices. I found that even the most simple questions ended up having thousands of answers, depending on how you looked at it. And when I was done with Acid, I realised that it was that stuff that made me think of things in too many diffrent lights rather than taking the most obvious direct rout to something.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My God; you would think this was a chemtrail thread... an off-topic one at that.

The day is coming quickly when you younger members will "see" yourselves as you really are. You need to think about that deeply. I'm not talking about "Judgement Day" or anything even remotely similar to that. Life is shorter than you can even begin to imagine at your age. These days that you spend bickering, arguing and hurting one another will come back to you like a megalithic stone. Don't place these burdens in your life. Seriously, you have the capacity to mold a wonderful life, regardless of circumstances. You have the capacity to truly be "somebody" instead of just spending all your time telling other people they aren't.

This is not a scolding from some old man you can't see; this is sound advice (you'll see soon enough). Take it or leave it...

(on topic)

I don't think we'll ever know what Jimi saw, but I'll tell you what he did. He inspired not only a great number of future guitarists (still does); but many minority youths to get out there and live their dream. The nightmare is for the dead; Jimi was alive. Don't destroy his memory by banging heads about who was right or wrong. This thread will be read for many years, and your comments will shape the way people remember him...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

...but you really had to be there to understand it all, history cannot record most of it accurately...

So true. "History", as in the record of that era, lives in the minds of those that lived it. You had to experience it. Thus "The Jimi Hendrix Experience". You were there.

The weird thing is how, despite the "censorship of ideas" that went counter to the paradigm of that era, the news media did splash the "horror" of it on our TV screens for all to see. They were trying to show us how "bad" they were for resisting and all they really did was make everyone all the curiouser. Thats why the war protests. Because of the nightly Walter Cronkite War. Thats why the Haight Ashbury "Summer of Love", because of all the coverage of San Francisco from a belittling perspective. Thats why the riots and protests because of the National Coverage. Like the Chicago Democratic Convention, The Black Panthers, The Chicago Seven, etc, etc. It was all on TV. They were heroes. We wanted to follow them. We wanted to be a part of that.

I was a bit young unfortunately and was raised in a staunch Republican, Conservative Christian family (gag). I am still recovering from that. Not the drugs, or the rock and roll, or the resistance to all that. But from that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by article

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by AlienAgendah

'___' can't kill you, just make you crazy... or sane, depends on how you look at it. It can be the best thing you ever did to yourself... But it is not toxic.

Or it can be the worst nightmare of your life.

I once watched a friend fall into tears for stepping on a cricket! A CRICKET! Because the was super emotional from the acid he had took hours earlier.

Even though this wasnt dangerous in the sense that it was only emotion... Over hyped emotion can do some serious damage in other ways.

I shouldnt have to elaborate.

Allow me then ( to elaborate). At the risk of margins about drug abuse. "Acid" shows you yourself. If you didn't like what you saw then yah, that could be uncomfortable (bad trip). The full body rushes and hallucinations were a side show from the real undercurrent: what kind of person are you at heart? A... jerk? Or... not?

When people speak of seeing themselves for the first time... thats acid. When people had a "bad trip" that was because they resisted seeing the truth of their... shortcomings.

I don't know how else to put it other than that. Any one who enjoyed "dropping acid" enjoyed learning the truth about themselves and the world around them. Acid strips away the layers of illusion and deception leaving one feeling small and alone. Some people enjoy that feeling of insignificance and others, those who might be to material or self absorbed, may dread it.

Im not going to say you're wrong, bro, but I'll say this.

I'm not sure what you took but my trips were never about personal observance, or anything of that sort. Matter of fact, I seen nothing of myself when I did it. My trips always seemed to extend from me to "out there". Never inside.

Though, I can say that in a sense, you're right by, It MUST come from me since I am the one experiancing it. In other words, yeah, you do see some of yourself in a sense that you're expressing yourself based off of how you normaly act. I always found acid to, more or less, strip me in half.

The smart, intel side of me goes to sleep while the curious questioning side of me becomes wide awake. It didnt mean that i was open to more, tuned in or anything.. It just means that I was so messed up that the logical side of me could not communicate with the retard that just dropped 15 hits of acid.

Its almost like splitting yourself in half and only the ignorant side is working at that time. The rest comes back when the trip goes away, though a decent bit after. It takes a while to pull yourself together again.

Guess that's why you "loose yourself" on acid.

Dunno friend, I never got that "see yourself" side of acid. I just seen and felt super high emotions because the drug made it that way. Fun, Fear, Sexual, Giddy (non stop laughing for 12 hours - damn that really starts to hurt), and anything else I could feel.

if I had taken acid while in a bad mood, or broken hearted, I might have killed someone or myself. Very dangerous stuff. Thats why I never touched the stuff unless I was totaly clear of all feeling and responcibility.

Today... I'm scared to even think what would happen if I took that stuff. As much as I enjoyed it back then, I'd fear Id end up in some institute or prison. My stance against the way our government is screwing us would probably get a totaly retard locked up while under the influence of something that makes you feel a million times more than one feels without. That, my friend, is a scary thought. For politics could send me into a stroke with or without drugs. One needs drugs to forget what is being done to us daily.

Gee... and they wonder why there are so many potheads today. lol

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness
reply to post by intrptr

You old Family? Sounds like it. I had to babysit materialists after they were stripped clean and found nothing inside worth anything. It did get you to see the Matrix for what it is, but what we can do that they cannot stop is help those to find the true place called home that comes after this one. They may control here right now but are not allowed in where we are going...hip hip horray!

God I wish. A year too young. Too young to go to SF, too young to go to war. Too young to go to a concert. Just barely. When I was old enough, I found myself arriving on the scene but you guys had already left. So we made our own. And it was an utter failure.

Of course we had some good times and a ton of good memories from it. But always will respect the guts of the people that were a little older and part of the whole movement to resist all the BS.

The BS of the war, of industry pollution, of government corruption. And the willingness to put your bodies on the line of that resistance. The last true generation of Americans who did. I thank you for that. If it wasn't for the counter culture movement, then I would have no frame of reference for what is going on in the world today. You guys, you "Old Family" showed me that.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by intrptr

Acid also opens up a spiritual world that you never knew existed before (or at least it can). I speak from experience, I don't want to debate, just report.

edit on 7/14/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

I can see some light on this. Where i stand though, I'm not sure. I can agree that this happens, but I'm not 100% on it myself. I've never experianced a spiritual experiance, though I did experiance one hell of an awakening while on another drug at some point. Like total clarity. I knew everything about my entire situation at the time, which was VERY confusing while it was taking place.

It was as though, reality hit me square in the face all at once. I knew what was to be and it happend just the way reality was shown to me. But... It wasnt acid. It was simply pot... a feeling that happened that one time, never before or after, even after being a pothead for 15 years at the time, nothing like this ever took place in me.

But that 1 time... I saw the cituation I was in, I saw my life, where I was, what was happening, and what was ultimatly going to take place... It's like mr obvious bitch slapped me with knowlege all at once. It was almost like going from totaly messed up to totaly sober in seconds and knowing every step my life had just taken and was about to take. Most real thing Ive ever felt. But since Its only happened that one time in ever... I cant say it was the pot.

So that's why I'm not 100%, though I believe reality can snap you back to, even though you faze out shortly after. I dont have explanations, and If I had to lable it, I would probably say it came from above rather than from a puff. Id explain if I could, but no words describe what happened. I simply dont know how to tell this story.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You got me on that one. I didnt mention clapton and the gang. Was never a clapton fan.. Yes, herasy I know

What I mean is, my classification of talent.
He, along with others, started something that was unknown at the time. Something totaly new, new sounding... Like grunge and other forms of music, something new tends to take a nation by storm. Who wants the same olde leftovers all the time? Make sense to me though. I look at him as one of the "REAL" talents when there were a sea of jesters. Of course this one is probably obvious. Music stars are the same as high profile football players, quarterbacks and basketball players, these days. Whoever is doing the most, catching attentions, doing the most interesting things, will have the most followers.

But I will agree, he was an important figure in that time and age. He wasnt political and didnt like taking sides. Black or white. That should at least say something.

I

Band of Gypsys

In 1967, a contractual dispute arose in relation to an agreement Hendrix had entered into with producer Ed Chalpin in 1965.[142] The resolution for the dispute included Hendrix having to record an LP of new material for Chalpin company, which would not feature the Experience band, and would not be associated with the Experience band name. In addition, Chalpin was granted 2% of profits from Hendrix's back catalog sold in US. For the agreed upon album, Hendrix chose to record Band of Gypsys, a live album.[143]

Against the backdrop of widespread social upheaval in the United States that included the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the escalation of the Vietnam War, the growing Black Power movement, and several notable assassinations, Hendrix created a new all-black band with Billy Cox and drummer Buddy Miles (formerly with Wilson Pickett, The Electric Flag and Buddy Miles Express). He had been recording with Cox since April and jamming with Miles since September. He wrote and rehearsed material which they then performed at a series of four concerts over two nights, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at Fillmore East. Recordings of these concerts became the material for the Band Of Gypsys LP, which was produced by Hendrix.[144][145]

Some have thought that the creation of the band was Hendrix's efforts to appease overtures from the Black Power movement and others in the black communities asking him to become more militant in using his fame to speak up for civil rights.[146][147]

"Quite naturally I don't like to see houses being burnt," Hendrix said, referring to the Watts Riots that happened two years previously. "But I don't have much feeling for either side right now... Maybe I'll have more to say later, when I get more political." He made the remarks to Open City, a Los Angeles-based underground newspaper in the summer of 1967.[148]

BUT, he was no womanizer....

Hendrix is widely known for and associated with the use of psychedelic drugs, most notably lysergic acid diethylamide ('___'), as were many other famous musicians and celebrities of that time. He supposedly had never taken psychedelic drugs until the night he met Linda Keith, but had smoked cannabis and drank alcohol previously. Amphetamines are also recorded as being used by Hendrix during tours. Hendrix was notorious among friends and bandmates for sometimes becoming angry and violent when he drank too much alcohol.[173] Kathy Etchingham spoke of an incident that took place in a London pub in which an intoxicated Hendrix beat her with a public telephone handset because he thought she was calling another man on the pay phone.[174] Carmen Borrero, another girlfriend, says she required stitches after he hit her with a bottle after drinking and becoming jealous.[175] Alcohol was also cited as the cause of Hendrix's 1968 rampage that badly damaged a Stockholm hotel room and led to his arrest. Paul Caruso's friendship with Hendrix ended in 1970 when Hendrix, while under the influence, punched him and accused him of stealing from him.[176]

On May 3, 1969, while checking through Canadian customs at Toronto Pearson International Airport, Hendrix was arrested when small amounts of heroin and hashish were found in his luggage. After being released on a CAN$10,000 cash bail the same day, only four hours before his show was to begin, (and being required to appear in court at a later date), the Experience were able to play their concert at Maple Leaf Gardens. In his trial defense, Hendrix claimed that the drugs were slipped into his bag by a fan without his knowledge. He was acquitted.[177]

By all accounts he had casual sex with many women.[178]
Wiki

There is some really cool info about Electric Ladyland and the spiritual aspect of it and how he felt, I just have no more room

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by article

The Electric Church... I had to add this or vital info about the OP could be missed :p

Also from Wiki

Electric church

"Electric Church" was a quasi-spiritual belief that electric music brings out emotions and creative ideas in people, and encourages spirituality. It was popularized by Jimi Hendrix.

On the Dick Cavett Show in 1969, Hendrix said that he designed his music so that it would be able to go "inside the soul of the person, and awaken some kind of thing inside, because there are so many sleeping people". Promoting his third album Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix said "the influence the psychedelics have on one is truly amazing, and I only wish more people appreciated this belief and genre". When asked why he didn't name the album "Electric Church" instead of "Electric Ladyland", Hendrix said some ladies were "electric too".[223]

Hendrix made numerous allusions to the concept in his music, most famously in the song "Red House", in which he introduces his band by saying that he is about to present them all to the "Electric Church".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by article

I dont have explanations, and If I had to lable it, I would probably say it came from above rather than from a puff. Id explain if I could, but no words describe what happened.

Those are the best kind. One way you know it was real is that you can't explain it. How do you put into words what is not about words at all? And it made you "straight". Theres another. Probably would have happened anyway whether you were hi er not.

Epiphany

The word epiphany originally referred to insight through the divine. Today, this concept is used much more often and without such connotations, but a popular implication remains that the epiphany is supernatural, as the discovery comes suddenly from the outside.

Emphasis added. I like that definition.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by article

But I will agree, he was an important figure in that time and age. He wasnt political and didnt like taking sides. Black or white. That should at least say something.

Yep. He was just human. And loved music. I read your others and will reply here. I think Jimi Hendrix shunned all the hero worship. When he talked about electric church he probably later regretted it. He meant it more like the dogma of church, the experience of it is not as important over all as the simple enjoyment of a song. Church was so serious. Music was more heartfelt than a sermon. Gathering together for a concert was fun. Church was boring.

Church was so solemn compared to a show. Pray in your heart not a building where they do it for you. Enjoy the show. If you got a message from the song or lyrics, then all the better. At least you had fun while receiving it.

He really was kind of reclusive, not an egoist. There is a good documentary about him where his thoughts are narrated by someone with his music and story as background. I forget what that is called. Maybe someone else can point that out. Good insight.
I think its this one:

UNCUT

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
First I’d like to say hello to the ATS community of free thinkers, as well as the Govt. Operatives who operate and monitor this site. Hello!
I’ve been visiting this site for many years because of the content examined here and respect the many intelligent people and ideas presented. I came across this thread and just had to join! 
This is my very first reply so go easy on me:
First, I’m really embarrassed for some of you with the short sided replies about the greatest artist of all time (my opinion) and the greatest/most innovative guitar player of all time (fact). Especially considering the caliber of open minded thinker’s I assumed some of you were. He did more in 4 short years than most musicians have/will in a lifetime. A True Legend. When I see comments such as “he did too much L.S.D. period!” really Wow’s me! And about Pat O’Day “Discovering” Jimi ? NOT!!! Although I’m not sure ANYONE can wear that badge, it was Paul McCartney that helped him to get noticed in the states!
I don’t believe you’ve done your homework here! In which case maybe you should not comment in that manner?
Things to look at…
1. Early in his career Jimi did not drink, smoke or do drugs:
www.youtube.com... (skip to 2:10)
2. Remember the CIA/FBI’s COINTELPRO program of the 1960′s ?
Or Mk-Ultra in which L.S.D. was used? The COINTELPRO or Counter Intelligence Program designed by the FBI was aimed at eliminating subversive behavior within the country. Hendrix appearance at "subversive" benefits (including Black Panther functions) resulted in the FBI opening a dossier on him, and his ability to motivate masses were seen by COINTELPRO as a National Security threat.
3. Jimi was murdered by his manager Michael Jeffery (who is believed to have been British Intelligence, MI5) whom he had fired 12 hours prior. Tappy Wright admitted in his 2009 book ‘Rock Roadie’ that Jeffery had drunkenly confessed to murdering Jimi shortly before his own (supposed) death from a freak mid-air commercial jet crash in 1973. www.independent.co.uk...
Also Cynthia McKinney, US House Representative and Green Party nominee for President of the United States in 2008, has pinned Hendrix's murder on a government plot to eradicate a powerful leader.

4. Friends and associates state that in Hendrix's final days, he became increasingly paranoid and fearful for his life. And stated outright he would not live to see 28. This is the very definition of prophecy!
www.youtube.com... (skip to 2:30 for quick confirmation of this).

5. Hendrix's main girlfriend Devon Wilson was going around telling people Jeffery killed Hendrix. 5 months after Hendrix's death she was found dead @ Manhattan's Chelsea Hotel.

6. Why did the press lie about Jimi doing heroin? To make him seem like a drugged out rocker, therefore his death would not seem so surprising is my guess! (No heroin in the autopsy report /d.c.) www.rockmine.com...

Not only was he prophetic but he was aware of his previous incarnations, (this will be the topic of my first thread once I’m able).
And yes he did mention an event in approx 30 years!
"But like the solar system is going through a change soon and it's going to affect the Earth in about 30 years, you know, I am talking about the Earth itself."
(San Diego Free Press, June 1969)

Ehh emm.
O yea! one last treat: ( you guys will love this!)
his last interview was Sept. 11, 1970
www.youtube.com...

I thank you Wifibrains for revisiting one of the greatest icons of musical history for us all to reflect on.
I look forward to all replies, reprimands, and corrections!

“Who are you to judge the life i live
i know i'm not perfect and i don't live to be.
but before you start pointing fingers
make sure your hands are clean.”
― Jimi Hendrix

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ReAwakened

Your welcome reawakened.

Your knowledge on jimi Hendrix is obviously pretty vast. Please u2u me when you have started your thread on jimi so I can drop in and have a read. I was interested in the prophetic side of jimmy, this was the reason for this thread, but it kind of went the other way, towards his drugs.

His death had been spoken about here before, and many where aware of the conspiracey surrounding his death. I wanted to know more about his prophetic visions and get others views on it. unfortunately nothing much came of this thread. One funny lil argument between two members ended up being the highlight of this thread, till you posted.

Thanks for the info and links. Will you be focusing on the prophecies or his death in your thread?

Take a look at how this one panned out, and in yours state where you want the conversation to go, or not to go, so your thread does not get derailed like this one. Looking forward to it anyhow.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I will be focusing on a supernatural element of Jimi's life and music. Something that has been almost completely unnoticed, by the masses, primarily because one must believe in such things for it to be considered or proven. But i know/believe that this is the reason he was murdered. So this element, triggered by psychedelic experiences, pertains to his prophecies as well as his murder by the power elite that knew what would come if he were around any longer. His profound life & gift cut short by evil was a blow to mankind.
So without spoiling my first thread i will leave it at that for now!

Again i thank you for touching on this subject.

“Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. ”
― Jimi Hendrix

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh for Heaven's sake.

Can you please spell the man's name correctly?

Jimi

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Oh for Heaven's sake.

Can you please spell the man's name correctly?

Jimi

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I've already apologised. It says the same damn word. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAwakened
I will be focusing on a supernatural element of Jimi's life and music. Something that has been almost completely unnoticed, by the masses, primarily because one must believe in such things for it to be considered or proven. But i know/believe that this is the reason he was murdered. So this element, triggered by psychedelic experiences, pertains to his prophecies as well as his murder by the power elite that knew what would come if he were around any longer. His profound life & gift cut short by evil was a blow to mankind.
So without spoiling my first thread i will leave it at that for now!

Again i thank you for touching on this subject.

“Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. ”
― Jimi Hendrix

Great looking forward to it. You say he was aware of his previous incarnations, do you think he has connections to Atlantis or was his music more prophetic? Pertaining to future events.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Both! His connections to Atlantis are there for anyone to see. Although i don't believe he fully understood what was happening to him. He often spoke of being possessed by something! "Channeling" ?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienAgendah
reply to post by Wifibrains

It was the massive amounts of '___' he was taking. Nothing more.

Dude, you threw a turd in the punchbowl and we all saw it...gross.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join