It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The jimmy Hendrix prophecy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallYourBluff
Hendrix was murdered because of his support of the black panther movement. Do some research and stop spouting bollocks about '___' overdose. '___' only kills the idiots who take it and jump of buildings.

Right on man! Yeh dude, stop spouting bollocks, like the good dude said!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Inside the illusion, if one is aware of the illusion being much closer to nothing than everything we see. Even the drug itself would be part of the illusion, so at the end it's just conciousness anyway is it not?

Well said and very heavy man.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I love Hendrix as a musician but I remember when I first heard stories about him being a violent drunk and beating the heck out of 2 girlfriends I was heart broken and disgusted.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Isn't drawing a six and nine together the equivalent of the Chinese Ying/Yang symbol ?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienAgendah
reply to post by Wifibrains

It was the massive amounts of '___' he was taking. Nothing more.

Some people have long believed that certain drugs can allow people to access abilities or information otherwise not available. This is part of the concept behind "shamanism," a type of which is practiced in quite a number of cultures. And psychedelics related to '___' are usually the sacraments of choice.

Some believe that the original christians were a cult that used ergot or mushrooms. Dead Sea scholar John Allegro even wrote a book alleging that Jesus Christ was a metaphor for a certain type of mushroom.

And I know that despite all this precedence, many will still dismiss spirituality via altered states as illusory. It should be noted, however, that experiencing altered states of consciousness is the goal of many non-drug-related religious practices. Especially stuff like song, chant, dance, speaking in tongues, etc. A catholic mass is designed, from the incense, to the use of latin (not a common language) to the call-and-answer, to the communion are designed to generate feelings of awe and reverence -- an altered state.

Originally posted by Wifibrains

A classic ats first reply.
less than thirty seconds. You didn't even have to think about that one did you

I think there's more to it myself, and no, I've never taken '___'.

Tell me about it. I see this kind of snap-puppet responsivism all the time here. Most people seem to forget that to "deny ignorance" sometimes involves actual thought and study, as opposed to snap-judgments and re-iterations of vague, common falsehoods from what you may have heard or read in the past.

Such minds seem closed to new input that does not accord with their established world-views. And in a way that's understandable, as shaking up and/or re-assembling one's own views is rarely pleasant. I think intellectual flexibility should be encouraged, and I think it's a shame that so many skeptics (who are alleged lovers of truth an knowledge) like to dismiss things before really studying (or contemplating) the other side.

Just my 2 cents....
edit on 3-9-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Isn't drawing a six and nine together the equivalent of the Chinese Ying/Yang symbol ?

Take a pen and draw the two numbers in one swirl, looks like the fibbinaci spiral. Start with the six and keep going into a nine.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join