It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so wrong with religion?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

So while everyone is arguing over who has the real or best messiah, satan has been busy corrupting every institution on earth by evasion of truth(hiding under the radar). "The great deceiver".

There can only be one truth and it cannot be conflicting. Thus now I present *nephelim and elohim*

hand-clapping!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
What is wrong with religion? It is too vague and confusing, domineering and abusive.

Who is god and satan? What are angels and demons? What proof exist?

Ever since developing an interest in ufology and aliens I think chances are religion is meaningless drivel.

That is what is wrong!

And did I mention divide and conquer for thousands of years? More people have died as a result of religious bickering than any other reason. Kings and popes have conspired in this regard.

What if many aliens are multidimensional shapeshifters whom secretly influence us via masonry?

Are enough people capable of deep thought or are we gonna remain ignorant for a long time yet? I DON'T WANT WORLD WAR 3 OVER RELIGIOUS NONSENSE IN JERUSALEM protecting fanatical self-centered jews. At least other religions keep their superstitions to themselves!

Maybe you are reading the wrong religons. All paths lead to the same source in the end. The devide and conqurer is anti Jesus and Buddhas Message and Hindustic text.

Jesus says it clearly in this passage. Jesus is one with his soulbrothers and soulsistes and what you do to one of them you do to him/all. And since Jesus and god is as one then all souls can be as one with god.
Matthew 25:31-46
www.biblegateway.com...

Nonduality plain and simple. That people cannot accept nonduality and I also sometimes have a hard time with it is not the fault of the message. It is the fault of the student.

But Christians who belive the bible is the only way to find yourway home will hate this and say it is only an interpetation.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Jusy goes to show religious peeps such as your self all turn nasty in the end when presented with others opinions. You need help FRIEND, be carefull trying to spread bad luck to others, you see it comes back 3 fold. And that is a universal law! On that note ile leave you to your bible thumping , say high to Jebus for me! Peace and love ta ya PAL! LoL LoL
edit on 13-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Jusy goes to show religious peeps such as your self all turn nasty in the end when presented with others opinions. You need help FRIEND, be carefull trying to spread bad luck to others, you see it comes back 3 fold. And that is a universal law! On that note ile leave you to your bible thumping , say high to Jebus for me! Peace and love ta ya PAL! LoL LoL

You're right andy,
I apologize for spotting your dime a dozen, cookie cutter persona.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
But you'll find that out for yourself very soon.

This, is what's so wrong with religion.

Specifically the abrahamic religions, they all propagate the torture, suffering or destruction of those not in their gang. And the members of these religions then go around making threats or helpfully informing those not in their gang just what their big boss will do to you once you die.

It begins in childhood for most of these folk, their parents indoctrinating them before they're even able to comprehend the issue, before they can make the decision to believe on their own. And this propagates from generation to generation under one giant threat.

But the absolute worst are those who gleefully, casually and smugly use this threat in debates or conversations....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Specifically the abrahamic religions, they all propagate the torture, suffering or destruction of those not in their gang. And the members of these religions then go around making threats or helpfully informing those not in their gang just what their big boss will do to you once you die.

It begins in childhood for most of these folk, their parents indoctrinating them before they're even able to comprehend the issue, before they can make the decision to believe on their own. And this propagates from generation to generation under one giant threat.

But the absolute worst are those who gleefully, casually and smugly use this threat in debates or conversations....

Everyone, grab a pitch fork, a torch, your scatter guns !

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Here I present to you one of the greatest quotes ever conceived in matters of spirit and religion:

"Some say that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he does not exist. The more insightful suggest that the greatest trick mankind ever pulled was convincing itself that all of its dirtiest aspects were embodied in a physical spirit that exists outside the body, thereby removing all responsibility for fate and flaw."

This quote can be applied to both sides of the equation, by the way. Just as with Satan, so with God.
edit on 13-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes, but I also dig the flip side of that coin. That externalizing creator, creating a seperate and humanlike external entity, and casting it into some unseen realm far far away, is also a travesty of mankind.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:16:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: Some glitch I think...... I didn't mean to quote myself like that, much as I love to hear myself talk lol.....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That was the other half of that quote's meaning. It was addressing both sides of the issue by pointing out one side. Similar to picking up a coin and seeing one side, and checking out the other side for the hell of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Everyone, grab a pitch fork, a torch, your scatter guns !

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Here I present to you one of the greatest quotes ever conceived in matters of spirit and religion:

"Some say that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he does not exist. The more insightful suggest that the greatest trick mankind ever pulled was convincing itself that all of its dirtiest aspects were embodied in a physical spirit that exists outside the body, thereby removing all responsibility for fate and flaw."

This quote can be applied to both sides of the equation, by the way. Just as with Satan, so with God.
edit on 13-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

People do have freedom of choice to an extent, but I was referring to the systemic corruption of every institution on this planet and people clinging and some trying to vehemently defend what they learned since childhood.

When EVERYTHING becomes corrupt personal responsibility will not get you far. Satan, God, angels and demons appear to be real. As to whether they are multidimensional aliens or some other form of energy remains uncertain.

You need to do a better job comprehending the context of the post(s) you are attempting to reply at!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

people are free to choose but they can not choose the consequences.
believing in God and the Last day and the prophets is searchable and is open to discover after childhood by wisdom and feelings.
the details for example angels and ... are the results of your acceptance of God the Last day and prophets.
no one can prove the existance of Lucifer but it can prove the existance of God the Last day and prophets the prophets tell us about the existence of Lucifer.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

edit on 14-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's easy to choose! Take a good look at all of the many Gods and Goddesses in Earth History! There are thousands of them, from each and every culture, and with every attribute you could possibly imagine. Of course, if you get confused, just remember.....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"You're right andy,
I apologize for spotting your dime a dozen, cookie cutter persona."

Im not the one with a dime a dozen persona, think you are confusing others with with your Sunday Morning gathering's, eg Church.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Religion is just a tool, an evil tool albeit, it's not the real issue. The problem is man.

Were Religion abolished a thousand years ago, another tool would just take the place. Man wants to control, and they found that Religion is the best tool they have available. Were it not so, perhaps we would be having this discussion about another tool they came up with, like Media. Perhaps if this world goes on another thousand years, when FTL still isn't available, and Religion has died off, people will say, "If only Media was abolished 1000-2000 years ago, FTL would be possible, wars would be non-existent, think of the possibilities!"

As long as mankind is still alive, wars will be inevitable.

I have to disagree with religion being the best tool to control. Government is the best tool to control the masses.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Microscopictopic

Saying that religion is a tool of corruption is quite similar to saying that an axe is a murder weapon. It is not guaranteed all of the time, but it depends entirely upon the individual utilizing the tool.
edit on 15-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by andy06shake

That's why the restrictive quality of Christianity throws me off. How can there only be one way to heaven? If there's more than one way to skin a cat, then there has to be more than one way to lead a worthy life!
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

The truth is we all have to wait till we die to know the truth about the afterlife. We all place our bets on the table, the bet being our entire afterlife. As far as religion is concerned I do not believe in a religion, I believe in the Truth. Religion is a coined word to clump different beliefs together. Everyone believes in something, so everyone has their own religion. There is right and wrong. Truth and lies. Just look at the world and see how corrupt it is. It is to bad that people try to prove faith wrong instead of trying to learn from it. They want to point the finger and say things like, "See that guy. He says he is a Christian, or Muslim. Look at everything he is doing wrong." The truth is don't worry about what he is doing wrong. Concentrate on what you can do right. Improve yourself. Some wise words where once said. quote" And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" unquote.

I for one have done many things wrong in this life. Now I seek knowledge tempered with wisdom. The wisest knowledge I have gained to date has been from Christ. Do I go to church. No. I have never been baptized into any church. You can learn as much as any PHD recipient without the cost, by going to the library.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Microscopictopic

Saying that religion is a tool of corruption is quite similar to saying that an axe is a murder weapon. It is not guaranteed all of the time, but it depends entirely upon the individual utilizing the tool.
edit on 15-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Well then I guess I am just saying the the government would be like a nuke then.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join