It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so wrong with religion?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Have you seen The Power of Myth?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I have not. However, I am well aware of the power of suggestion. I have seen it at work. It's astonishing, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It's not the kind of miniseries that would get banned. It's just...overlooked.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

"Ah...but comparative religion makes it sound like no one faith is absolutely right. That's against the Christian doctrine...a world without Jesus, imagine!"

Well there are plenty out there eh? Cant all have a Jebus for sure! Else the dude sure does get around in a big, and i do mean BIG way. LoL

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

That's why the restrictive quality of Christianity throws me off. How can there only be one way to heaven? If there's more than one way to skin a cat, then there has to be more than one way to lead a worthy life!
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

If it opposes and tries to "seduce" or "corrupt" the Ministry, or pervert its message, then it will be banned in certain countries.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You dont need me to answer that since i know you are allready aware that Christianity is a control construct. Essentially its there way or the highway, but hey i bet theres no Weed in there Heaven anyway! LoL

What was it Jesus said ""It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven" Im thinking Stargates and that by rich he ment knowledge.
edit on 11-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sometimes, control constructs are necessary. There is a reason we don't kick our children out of the nest at the age of 5. There is also a reason we entertain their notions of Santa Claus.

Ah, yes...precisely. Why would I want to go to a place where there are no herbal medicines?

edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by randyvs

. Why do people need other men representing the creator for communion?

That is exactly why I said this from the outset..

"Religion and science are of man. Christ is of the Father. Follow Christ not religion, not science. Then you will see God."

People are led to believe they need a guide that they can see and hear. Someone to give them the walk thru. It's
pure laziness if you ask me. The only guide you need to follow is Christ. Same page.
edit on 11-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why Christ, why not follow our dreams and aspirations, essentially our heart! The bible is not verbatim surely, because it is a construction of man, Men lie!

"People are led to believe they need a guide that they can see and hear."

I dont need a guide, i need proof, is that so much to ask from a benevolent deity that wants my worship? How can one here Jesus in any kind of tangable way and not be considered at the least schizophrenic?
edit on 11-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Start showing The Power of Myth to students in High School, and start airing it on TV and religious fundamentalism will begin to decline.

Our kids are ALREADY being turned into mind controlled zombies just in case you haven't been outside lately. WHO"S side are you ON?

You're doing a great job preaching the NWO's satanic religion.

"It isn't a secret that Joseph Campbell was a key leader of the New Age Movement. His 1988 PBS' "The Power of Myth" documentary exposed Joseph Campbell's true colors.

In that documentary, Joseph goes about to criticize the major tenets of orthodox Christianity. He mocked the bodily resurrection as a clown act in a blasphemous way, yet he's the one that deifies myths. He believes in a pantheistic, subjective view of God and religious experience. He believes that God is within humans in a transcendent type of way without ego.

Joseph Campbell doesn't believe that ethical monotheism existed in primitive culture when scholars like social anthropologist Edward Evans-Pritchard and Charles Joseph Adams proved that ethical monotheism is found in ancient cultures indeed. The late Joseph Campbell maintained that civilizations are not based on science, but on myth. "

So, Joseph Campbell's ideologies are a part of the same old New Age dogma. His ideas aren't new. There is nothing new under the sun. The Zeitgeist movement is similar to the movement of Joseph Campbell. Each deny the mainstream view of Jesus Christ and each teach New Age like ideologies."

LINK

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well people its been a pleasure reading and responding with you all this evening, good night and gods speed to you all!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with religion. The problem is when they try to shove it down your throat and knock on your door.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I dont need a guide, i need proof, is that so much to ask from a benevolent deity that wants my worship? How can one here Jesus in any kind of tangable way and not be considered at the least schizophrenic?

This little game you play of acting so interested trying to suck people in is truly pathetic and I mean that in the pathological sense. As I told you from the start. If you need proof ? I can't help you. You know why ? Because there is nothing but proof in every day you open your eyes. So if you don't see it ? Well it's only because you never will.
Sorry for your luck.

edit on 11-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What is wrong with religion? It is too vague and confusing, domineering and abusive.

Who is god and satan? What are angels and demons? What proof exist?

Ever since developing an interest in ufology and aliens I think chances are religion is meaningless drivel.

That is what is wrong!

And did I mention divide and conquer for thousands of years? More people have died as a result of religious bickering than any other reason. Kings and popes have conspired in this regard.

What if many aliens are multidimensional shapeshifters whom secretly influence us via masonry?

Are enough people capable of deep thought or are we gonna remain ignorant for a long time yet? I DON'T WANT WORLD WAR 3 OVER RELIGIOUS NONSENSE IN JERUSALEM protecting fanatical self-centered jews. At least other religions keep their superstitions to themselves!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

I think you need to look around a little more than what you have.. The world is filled with religious fundamentalists who will do anything in the name of god.

Whats wrong with religion??

To name a few: It spreads lies, promotes the immoral ideas of vicarious redemption, Makes the people who follow it slaves, Causes violence, and most followers of any religion usher in the end of the world with open arms. Some religions even go as far as to demand that without circumsission there can be no redemption. Some religions suggest that even good people can go to hell and no matter how immoral you are, if you utter a few words you may be saved.

I would like to suggest that you read "god is not Great: How religion poisons everything" by Christopher Hitchens.
I would also suggest you watch the documentary religulous so you can see how serious and delusional fundamentalists are.
edit on 11-7-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Now, now, let's be fair. Only some religions do that. For instance, Taoists and Buddhists don't fit your description, do they?

If you're going to get detailed, restrict your ire to the religions you're speaking of.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Your right, i should have been more specific. I have no quarrel with Buddhism or Taoism.. Mostly the Abrahamic religions is what I have a problem with, and i get the feeling that the OP belongs to one of the Abrahamic relgions.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

Let's not assume... How about it, OP? Does your confusion come from being a member of an Abrahamic religion? What is your response to all these answers you're receiving from us?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Believing in something without reasonable evidence is foolish. Religion requires exactly this, offering only books of myths to believers. In this regard, religion is a poison of the mind, whittling away at innate human reason. If people took it less seriously I might not have a problem with it. However, there certainly exists in this world a large fraction of believers who are dedicated, and these dedicated believers work very hard to have their agendas addressed by those in positions of power. Thus we live in a country where nearly 50% of people don't believe in evolution. In short, religion breeds ignorance. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the sole source of ignorance in the world, but it certainly makes a large contribution.

Further, the beliefs of the religious often inform their political opinions and morals. Quite often these beliefs are restrictive, and when such voters assemble en masse, we end up with prohibitive, conservative laws that limit the freedoms of those who choose not to live their lives in accordance with the teaching of mythical beings.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join