It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so wrong with religion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"I am not psychic, nor do I pretend to know everything. Therefore, I can't give you a complete answer to that question. I do believe that the reluctance of ET parties to engage with our world on a more complete basis, is a little more involved than spiritual matters..."

I think maybe its because if humans in there current stage of evolution were to become interstellar capable we would be the ultimate predator, coz lets face it we damage things.........a lot. LoL

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by randyvs

Fair point, D would be a rather lengthy ordeal. I kind of ment the see god part, in what sense?
edit on 11-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Ah ! Had to be sure.

Fist off. To follow Christ we must listen to him and hear exactly what he is saying. So, if he says, " I am the truth, the life and the way. No one comes to the Father but by me." It stands to reason that if we follow Christ thru what he is saying and teaches we will see God in the literal sense. Also by what he is saying, there is no other way to see him.

Also as we follow Christs words and teachings. We can begin to see God manifest in a literary sense to the here and now by becoming intimate with the truth there in his words and teachings. We can begin to see the truth of his existence more and more. I said truth not proof ! If you need proof I can't help you. For instance:

Science, I read this just the other day. Science is astounded lately with how often our bodies renew themselves.
Even our bones renew themselves every ten years. WE ARE WHAT WE EAT ! I was astonished by the truth of what suddenly hit me.
Sorry I have to go to scripture.
And Christ said, " Take this bread there of and eat of it. For it is my body. Take this wine and drink there of. For it is my blood "

Now rather than explain this all the way thru. I first want to ask if you. Can you see what I'm getting at? Not only in absolute scientific truth. But also the beauty of the symbolism involved here. ?
edit on 11-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

See i pray, but answers, that would be a whole new kettle of fish. I would like proof mate, i have to say. Thanks for the reply. Suppose communion with the universe and expecting a definitive response is asking to much. But this god/jesus dude you speak of is sure taking his time to get here and sort us out, so to speak, dont you think?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Indeed. See, when we pray and it comes true, we don't realize it's our intentions that brought our dreams to life. We keep wanting to rely on a being that is supposedly omnipotent...why does a being that's omnipotent want to rearrange things to suit one person at the cost of five or six others? No parent keeps a favored child. All of the children must learn to fly on their own, how else will they grow?

No, we must work for what we want. Good for building character.
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Close with one last thing. A true follower of a religion will not try to convert you to their cause every waking moment. Those people are insecure about their faith. The people who are not, will be patient and wait for the time when it is appropriate to say what their belief is.

Wow, you're stating your opinion like it's a fact. You apparently do not understand christianity at all. Christians try to convert you to keep you from being destroyed when Yeshua returns because we do not want to see you die and because we can't exactly say when he will return we err on the side of safety. We can't force you it has to be done of your own will, but we will warn you of the consequences and some see that as fear mongering or whatever but better to be a living dog than a dead lion.

I wouldn't say we do not have many restrictions, if you think that, then what you have is something other than christianity. We are not supposed to lie, steal, commit adultery, be sexually immoral (includes homosexuality), consume blood, or strangled things or eat food and drink offered to idols, cannot divorce unless spouse commits adultery, supposed to love our enemies as we love our friends and neighbors, cannot commit murder (includes abortion). Anyone who thinks we do not have many restrictions does not know anything about us at all and there's quit a bit of people who call themselves christians who do not bother keeping Yeshua's commands.
edit on 11-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by johngrissom

Close with one last thing. A true follower of a religion will not try to convert you to their cause every waking moment. Those people are insecure about their faith. The people who are not, will be patient and wait for the time when it is appropriate to say what their belief is.

Wow, you're stating your opinion like it's a fact. You apparently do not understand christianity at all. Christians try to convert you to keep you from being destroyed when Yeshua returns because we do not want to see you die and because we can't exactly say when he will return we err on the side of safety. We can't force you it has to be done of your own will, but we will warn you of the consequences and some see that as fear mongering or whatever but better to be a living dog than a dead lion.

I wouldn't say we do not have many restrictions, if you think that, then what you have is something other than christianity. We are not supposed to lie, steal, commit adultery, be sexually immoral (includes homosexuality), consume blood, or strangled things or eat food and drink offered to idols, cannot divorce unless spouse commits adultery, supposed to love our enemies as we love our friends and neighbors, cannot commit murder (includes abortion). Anyone who thinks we do not have many restrictions does not know anything about us at all and there's quit a bit of people who call themselves christians who do not bother keeping Yeshua's commands.
edit on 11-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

And if you look out your window to the left, you'll see the precise reason no one takes Christianity seriously. They can't even agree with followers of their own faith...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And if you look out your window to the left, you'll see the precise reason no one takes Christianity seriously. They can't even agree with followers of their own faith...

Thats because theyre not of us. True N'Tzarim follow our King Yeshua and actually care about pleasing him. Those who think they have a licence to licentiousness are called Nicolaitans the antichristians and they follow Aliester Crowley's "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law".

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by randyvs

See i pray, but answers, that would be a whole new kettle of fish. I would like proof mate, i have to say. Thanks for the reply. Suppose communion with the universe and expecting a definitive response is asking to much. But this god/jesus dude you speak of is sure taking his time to get here and sort us out, so to speak, dont you think?

Mmmm not at all. 1000 yrs to us. Is one day to our Father in Heaven

I wish you would've answered my question as I have answered yours.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Now rather than explain this all the way thru. I first want to ask if you. Can you see what I'm getting at? Not only in absolute scientific truth. But also the beauty of the symbolism involved here. ?"

Sorry my bad,

I can see the beauty of the symbolism yes, Can you see what I'm getting at? I can but organised religion, it just dont do it for me, as i have said, i pray, but i need no priest or church. I see beauty and symbolism in a multitude of things, math, physics, empathy, compassion, duality. There are millions of circumstance where these property's are evident, none of which require organised religion. Why do people need other men representing the creator for communion?

On another note, whats with the money tie in with organised religion, i mean the Vatican, why does god need money if not for control? Is her/she not omnipotent?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

hello there someone wanted me an evidence!

this is the one dollar of USA look at that eye.

just look at the pyramid above the door. something like a glowing eye beneath Clinton feet and the small one behind the Obama above the books.

without any explanations. again the pyramid and the glowing eye.

a building in Dubai Arabia. the pyramid and the glowing eye above it.

you can see this symbol in many europian squares even in George Washington tomb.

did you know that muslims have been stoning such symbol as the symbol of satan for thousands years in their religouse ceremony.

did you know that the ONE EYE GOD or the SUN GOD this GLOWING ONE EYE and the PYRAMIDS was from ancient Egypts.

and now from ancient muslims book

The Prophet (Mohammed) said,
"No prophet was sent but that he warned his followers against the one-eyed liar (Ad-Dajjal). Beware! He is blind in one eye, and your Lord is not so, and there will be written between his (Ad-Dajjal's) eyes (the word) Kafir (i.e. disbeliever)."
[Sahih Al-Bukhari, 9.245 - This Hadith is also quoted by Abu Hurairah and Ibn 'Abbas]

this is the post modern fighter of Israel. look at the glowing eye and the word KFIR!

are they all accidents! my brothers and sisters if I say that Lucifer has been behind all of these from ancient times to now then it would be a hypothesis. then bring your proof to deny that!
just a messiah from God can make humanity awake and unite them against the wicked minority. and his return is soon. regardless of religion or nation we are all in the same side.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe God's limited by the speed of light? Thats why he/she is taking so long to get here and fix this mess?

Ever herd of Spinoza's god?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

There is such a thing as a man using a symbol without knowing what it really means. That is how symbols can have so many meanings...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And even the Christians are divided amongst themselves. This tells me that Christianity is not as perfect as it would pretend to be.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

"And even the Christians are divided amongst themselves. This tells me that Christianity is not as perfect as it would pretend to be."

This tells me that the world is not as perfect as it would pretend to be. Christianity/Muslim/Jew/Buddhist/Taoism there all organised to mantain control one is as bad as the other, its just that Christianity has the power base right now(Nukes and Tech).

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by maes9

There is such a thing as a man using a symbol without knowing what it really means. That is how symbols can have so many meanings...

give me the meanings of that symbols glowing eye and the pyramids all over the history of human and in the nowadays modern world !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What's wrong with religion is religious people are not encouraged to study comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism. Without the knowledge from these fields of study, its all too easy for fundamentalism to thrive. When fundamentalism thrives, true religion is perverted.

Start showing The Power of Myth to students in High School, and start airing it on TV and religious fundamentalism will begin to decline.

edit on 11-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Ha! That will never happen. They had a hard enough time airing shows that depicted Mary Magdelene as the wife of Jesus, and mother of his child, and Jesus as a mortal teacher whose bloodline exists today.

What you're suggesting would be to undermine the programming itself, rather than attacking the doctrine and proving it false. You want to wake them up. Hahaha...they would never allow it. Countries all over the world would ban it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maes9

Easy. The eye represents seeing, as in seeing the truth. It can also represent intuition, or being awake. The pyramid represents the struggle from being a mere man, blinded by carnal hunger and destructive impulses, to being truly aware and appreciative of the world around you.

To a very small extent, the pyramid and eye represent much the same thing. But there are many ways they differ. Any one of these specific meanings could be intended...one can use a symbol and mean one thing, but not another.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

"Comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism."

I think you may have something there mate, sounds good to me. But the organised religious peeps would shoot you down with there hatred towards similarity same as they done to Stem Cell Research. Far to controversial for the religious mainstream masses me thinks. But i like it!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Ah...but comparative religion makes it sound like no one faith is absolutely right. That's against the Christian doctrine...a world without Jesus, imagine!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join