It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Saw In The Darkness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Don't worry about Ouija boards. It's all in your head and based on whether you fear them. Same with religion.

The late Fr. Malachi Martin, a world famous exorcist and an expert on the demonic, would respectfully disagree.

Playing with the occult, studying the paranormal, tampering with Ouija boards and the like, is one of the surest ways that these demons start to gain a foothold.

Experts that study these matters over a lifetime of research -- such as the late Fr. Malachi Martin -- will tell you emphatically that many of the individuals that became demonically possessed opened the door to possession by dabbling in the occult. You don't even have to be serious about the occult - Just playing around with a Ouija board for fun can cause tons of havoc in your life.

You are opening the door to malevolent entities when you engage in these occult practices. It's like putting out the Welcome Mat to the demonic.

New Age practices such as burning sage throughout the house won't work when fighting the demonic. You will need much more powerful tools than the New Age can provide.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141
Am I the only one that thinks the knife is a bad idea? Normally, I'd say sure let him, such as if he wanted to play with it. But to actively encourage him to solve his real problems using a knife is surely not a good idea?

I agree. A plastic knife? Like a plastic-ware picnic or cook-out type knife? A child could potentially hurt themselves sleeping with one of those... They are both pokey and serrated, after all. I suggest the spiritual protection route as the way to go, but that's me.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
why dont you get rid of the closet just for playing it safe.

what's weird is that you seem to have seen a reptilian and your son has seen the same. also could you have triggered the event, what was your son dreaming of, could you both be connected and dreaming the same thing?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
All i can add is:

- those images on your eyelids are called phosphenes. They are the stuff of shamanic trance, and can aid you in actually seeing your brain (in a short circuit/feedback loop sort of event).

- I see phosphenes all the time, and watch them closely. They will dominate my field of vision so i don't have a choice

- holy crap. how are you able to type? my hands would be shaking like a 4 day dry drunk.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

how about a change of wardrobe for your son ?

i mean something like :

external link

look ma - no doors

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Only one thing will work...you need to ask this entity to leave. In most cases it will leave. I've personally only done this once and yes it was scary but it worked for me.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
First of all, closets and under the bed, and the extra dark shadow of bushes, say tall cedars, at night are areas of ACCESS by shadow. This is for real. They avoid the sun and light. I always sleep with indirect light, I would get a small lamp for his room, number one. Full spectrum lamp maybe, even better.

The faces, that has happened many times, and I know that they are attempting to cause fear. Fear lowers frequency. And so the opposite is needed. Raising frequency and lots of faith in Goodness and Problem Solving and Love. And gratitude, for Famly watching over and teaching your son to notice the good things, nature, to listen to the birds singing, to laugh, to record himself. Work at giving him boosts in his frequency. Get him to help out a little, be the hero of the household, and to pray or at least talk to his own soul and HS, and ask for protection, for his whole family and self.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Im not saying i dont believe you or anything.
But I do that think with my eyelids all of the time, start seeing alot of things. Sometimes spiritual and weird, but sometimes just colors and other visuals. those are called closed eye visuals.

But, If you do it for long enough, the objects and colors stay even if you open your eyes for a couple minutes.
kind of like when you stare at a light for along time and then look away.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

When I was four we moved home. From that point onwards I saw faces in my mind; some hideous, some not so. It wasn't the pressure on the eyes thing, this was more of a 'minds eye' thing. The faces were incredibly clear and detailed unfortunately.

The most hideous one I saw at least once every night; he would have his back to me and then turn slowly revealing his face. It was the face of an ancient old man with long white hair and he was not at all benevelent looking... Creeps me out now 44 years later.

This was all accompanied by hands that used to come round my bedroom door... I used to love bedtime!

My parents used to leave my bedroom door open and keep the landing light on. This didn't help one bit!

We also had a couple of cats in quick succession... Neither stayed for very long. Could be coincidence I guess.

When we moved house four years later all the symptoms disappeared. Mind you we had a more conventional presence in the new house!

Anyway, the main point of my post is that one of the previous posters asked if you brought anything from your old home. You also said that you read about the paranormal.
It made me wonder if you have any second hand books on the paranormal? Spirits are said to be able to attach themselves to books and obviously readers of the paranormal are more likely to dabble (and dabblers are very dangerous!) with the occult, particularly ouija boards and seances. If this is the case then you may have imported something into your home with the book.
edit on 8/7/12 by Insomniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

The Catholic Church persecuted Copernicus and Galileo because they too were heretics with crazy notions.

To the OP, I have experienced the faces and I have also seen the little creature/man once. Mine was a little different, in the sense that it reminded me of a very pudgy/short version of the white spy vs spy MAD magazine cartoon. But the shape of the head and eyes, clearly the same. Mine could also hover...

I have been seeing the faces and more involved phosphenes (if you can call them that) regularly for the last few years.

With regards to sleep paralysis, I had a really vivid and horrifying episode in 1983, while living at my grandmother's house. About seven years later, my cousin, who was staying in the same room had the exact same experience. Spooky.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm very glad I'm not the only one that sees those 'fireworks' when my eyes are shut! I never told anyone I saw them, for fear that I was the only one...

I hope all goes better in your home; if I had any good advice, I would certainly share it. I think that a lot of the posts above have great ideas for you and your family to try. If nothing else, ask your church/synagogue/etc. leader for a house blessing, that may be of help.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Well, if you look for something long enough, you'll find it. I didn't expect to find anything special with a Ouija board, and maybe that is why I never did.

I would seriously get another one, but what would I do with it? It doesn't move by itself (per my experience).

I would be quite excited if I could tag along on exorcisms. If these people were possessed, then maybe one of them would be able to tell me intimate details of my life that nobody else but me knows. Then, I might believe, if I could really rule out that it wasn't a trick.

Do you think tarot cards are evil? I have those. I think I threw away the Ouija board at a certain point, or my mom did because she was scared. She was scared of me having Russ Trolls too though. She said she didn't want me wishing on the stars, though she is comfortable clasping her hands together and asking for things...because someone told her that was safe. Whatever!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That sounds horrifying. When I was younger I always had to sleep with the light on and didn't want to be left alone, I don't remember why, perhaps I supressed it. I just remember it had something to do with feeling like something else was in the room.. Watching me.

That is why I always believe people with these kinds of storys. Always sends a chill up my back!

I hope whatever the hell is going on get's sorted out fast, and that your son is okay. I wish I could help you! Take care.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I've read through the entire thread and have noticed many responses that offer genuine help.
It goes without saying, but no one really knows what lies beyond our dimensions. Yet, there are many who have experienced something far beyond our basic comprehension. And many of those have either a strong ability to reason or have personified a Faith that empowers them. Allowing a clearer picture as to what these "things" are.
Know this! Whatever you do, relief to your satisfaction will only be as strong as your belief in the chosen medium's ability to do so.
There have been many suggestions regarding cleansings, blessings and exorcisms. Which you require is left to be seen. You must examine all of the facts, using everything you know, believe and could construe to be possible. Let your heart guide you. Determine what type of entity you have encountered and how it came to be manifested. Choose a course of action based on all of the information you have gathered and the most likely candidate for success, based on the knowledge gleaned. Once you have armed yourself with this knowledge, your chosen course of action will be much more sound, and your will, stronger. I cannot stress enough, you must believe in yourself, fully.
If your remedies fail, or if you don't believe you are up to the task, I would be happy to either assist you through U2U, or put you in touch with someone, locally, that can help. Without divulging too much, I'm affiliated with a network of believers who wish to use thier knowledge to assist those with similar experiences, who can't turn to normal channels for help. This can usually be done through direct correspondence and there is no charge.

p.s. Bourbon Street is rather close to a few districts that are fully engulfed in the supernatural. Just a heads-up...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Not sure it was phosphenes, but perhaps closed-eye hallucinations, which can be purposely brought on through relaxation and concentrating on them.

Never heard of this before! I have had all except the last one (total replacement of field of vision). Cool!

Closed-eye hallucination

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

When I was a kid I had lots of strange dreams that scared me and seemed to be "real" (I now know they were lucid). Back then I told my parents that I slept with my eyes open.

I supposedly had a dream where the covers on my bed were being pulled away. All sorts. I had one dream where I saw a person with a white cover on that looked like a ghost and had dark eyes. The thing was standing in the hallway looking at me. I screamed. I'm not sure, but I may have woken someone up. Not sure. There was another time my brother woke up screaming because he saw a light in the same hallway. He woke everyone up in hte middle of htre night to talk about it and I was up too listening to them. That was when our step mother opened up and said she had seen lights outside her window several times over the years that scared her. I don't remember why I woke up. So my brother had lots of strange dreams. For every1, it was worst 1985 - 2000.

All in all, your kid sounds normal - insofar as the people I know are normal.

I think they're waking state dreams. It's genetic. Something to do with braindreams.
edit on 9-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

same way my wife saw it too, standing in the doorway of out last house we were at, she went to bed about 9pm, 10mins later I hear her call for me.. I walk down the hall and stop at the bedroom doorway and she said..

"I just saw a dark presence/shadow in the bedroom doorway staring at me with a malicious intent feeling I got".......she had that dead serious face I know so well, as I moved quickly within 2 steps into the bedroom, I turned back and looked.. nothing there.

however, the goings on still didn't cease afterwards, but, she or I ever saw it again.

here's my on-going thread about what's been happening to us as up-to-date as possible.
Disappearing & Reappearing House Items

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Very strange and disturbing, mostly because what you saw matches up with what your son described. Some possible solutions:

1. Get rid of closet.
2. Lamp
3. Camera in upper corner
4. Higher frequency 'cleansing'

Go talk to your son and ask him what he thinks would be a good way of getting rid of the "closet-monster"; his intuition may be an answer considering he's most aware/frightened of the thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

That is interesting. I have never read on that before.

I get phosphenes to such an extreme degree that it takes over my entire field of vision. I am functionally blind in one eye, so the phosphenes effect the other one mostly. But when they take over the whole field of vision, it become aware of the vision I am recieving with my "blind eye". Because my "good eye" is covered with a phosphene and effectively blind, the "bad eye" has to make up for it to allow me to see (important when driving so i can get to the side of the road safely).

I get the closed eye hallucinations frequently, but while my eyes are open. It is a combination. It is usually the bright flashing lights, but in the center is visual noise. It last from 5 minutes to sometimes a couple of hours.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

how about a change of wardrobe for your son ?

i mean something like :

external link

look ma - no doors

The closet is built into the wall. I'll post a pic when we get home.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join