It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing and Reappearing House Items, anyone else have this porblem?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I know I'm not the only one having this problem because I've see video on YouTube that some guy back east had set his drill down behind him on the stairs to fix a water damaged panel in the basement, 2 mins later it wasn't there and was upstairs sitting on a desk dismantled. Just his friend and him were in the house.

Anyways, starting about 1 year ago, our household has had the same type of thing going on as well. I walked over to the PS2 in the living room to play GT4, and didn't see my memory card in the console. I asked my 15/yr old grandson if he borrowed it...the convo goes like this...

Me: Son, did you use my memory card? If so, can I have it back so I can play GT4.

GS: No, I didn't use it, I put it on top of the console because I wanted to put my memory card in slot 1.

ME: I don't mind you using it as you know, just need to put it back.
GS: It on top of the console because that's where I put it last night.

We both walk out and look, it's not there.

GS: that's weird....I put it there just last night.

We look EVERYWHERE where it even where it 'might' have gone. I thought I might have inadvertently put it on top of the TV, not there. I ask my wife if she moved it..

WIFE: " No, it was that just last night I believe.

My GS and I look at each other. 2 days later, I walk out into the living room and see my black memory card sitting on top of the console! Awesome, G~son found it!!

Later that morning, GS wakes up and I say..

ME: thanks for finding the memory card dude!
GS: What?! ....................
ME: you know my missing black memory card...........
GS: OH ! you found it?! cool .......
ME: ..............I thought you did!!! So...you didn't find it?
GS: No .. ! LOL.. where did you find it.....
ME: ..............sitting on ....top of the console.....
GS: ...........NO WAY !!!

*awkard silence*..........
ME: Honey....did you find the missing memory card?
WIFE: ... what? the memory card.. ?? No I thought you did .....

My GS and I just look at each other..

2 months later (appox) ...

My grandson comes in to the living room....
GS: did you see my red memory card .........
ME: **just looking at him out of shear awkwardness*....you're joking .. !
GS: ......not really, it was there like yesterday...
ME: yea.. I saw it there yesterday afternoon after picking up the dishes in your room.
WIFE: what is it with you guys and memory cards.. and no I didn't move it.

We just look at each other for about 5 long seconds...as I walk in his room and scour his room to find the memory card. I grab my LCD flashlight with 50 bulbs in it; EASILY lights any room. We look behind all the wiring, under the bed, under the dresser...EVERYWHERE. Nada. No card.

2 days Later.........
GS: hey...I found my memory card..........
ME: *giving him a look of ...don't tell me...*.....on the top of the console?
GS: *nodding his head*.....
ME: NO WAY !!!!!!!
GS: Way... found it this morning after I woke up.

1 month Later........
WIFE: Honey, have you seen my Nyquil tablets??
ME: yea... there sitting on the counter where they were last night in the kitchen........
GS: *looking at me nodding*..

I walk in to the kitchen and look .......they're not there! Period. I look in the drawers just below the counter, on top of the micro... scour the entire kitchen.

1-2 days later......
WIFE: ...honey... I found the tablets...
ME: where?!
WIFE: on the counter .......right where they were before.....*looking at me *
ME: did you move them ??
WIFE: no... there still there..

I walk into the kitchen....look on the counter....bingo! there they are, same exact place as before!

1 month ago....

I go pull out my beard trimmer, it's dead as a door nail. grrr.. *I thought I just chared this couple days ago*....I charge it again. next morning I go to use it and after about 1 min it dies...WTH!! *maybe the battery is dead*.. I charge it for 2 full days. I use it once, next day, it's dead. I buy another, unplug my current one and it hasn't died yet!

:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OK .. I'm tracking my experience with this issue. It seems to be spilling over at my place of employment.

About 3 months ago, one of my bosses ask if I could check out some units to ensure the program and the units check out(pass the tests). After confirming they all did, 6 of them I believe, I put them all back in the case. I recounted them to ensure they were all back in the case as he gave them to me.

However, when I was counting them, I had a thought that seemed odd. I felt like I should have put our factory seal on them so they would be extra secure. If the seal was broke, then the recipient would suspect tampering.

I thought this was very odd in the fact that I've NEVER once thought of doing this in the last 4 years of employment there.

I dismissed the thought because I figured that my boss would want to recount the units to ensure they were there and I didn't want to him ask me why I put the seal on them.

2 weeks later, He comes to me and asks "Are you sure you put all of the units in the box?"

ME: Yes..I counted all of them .. 6 in all...right ..? "
Boss: "yes....."
ME: "why .."
Boss: "because the site we sent them to didn't recieve them all.. 4.. not 6"
ME: "you kidding me .. !! "

I told him my story of the seal and "hmmm..ok" ..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When: Friday, April 4h, 2008
Where: Place of employment

Situation:
Standing with an engineer at the machine, looking at the boat of wafers (6 wafers) He and I confirmed there were 6. One of the group of 3 wafers belonged in another empty boat since they belonged to another lot. We needed to transfer all the 6 wafers to ovens for the experiment. I took the full boat and he took the paperwork and his book. We LEFT the empty boat ON the machine.

We went to the oven room, 30ft away in the same part of the clean room. Transfered 2 of the 6 wafers to the oven, when another employee walked in for a brief moment to push a cart in the room. I put the lid back on the boat. Placed the wafers in the oven. The other employee walked out of the clean room about 2 mins before we did and went on break.

As we were walking back to them machine to pick up the empty boat.....it was gone!! Nada! We thought that the other employee might have pick it up and moved it. We search the clean room for 3 mins, NADA.

I asked her if she had pick up a boat off of machine 918. "No... if I did, I would have told you guys..."

Where did it go!!!!!?????????????

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
sounds annoying

could only find this, its the closest thing to your description i could find. not really helpful just someone like you.

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

OMG !! thx you soooo much !! At least I'm not alone in the world!! I really wish that I could get to the bottom of this!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
lol, find whatever it is and beat the living crap out of it
:bash:

(just wanted to use them
)

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Komodo..you aren't the only one.Everyone has this happen from time to time but i think they are quick to blame either someone else, or their own absentmindedness before all else.

You think your experiences are weird? The best I've heard of yet is my ex, using the washroom. Without word of a lie..he used the toilet paper, turned around and the toilet was empty. He hadn't flushed it..only got up and turned around..WTF???
He was both frantic, and laughing.. I was ROFLMAO!!!
he refused to use that bathroom, and used our guest washroom for weeks afterwards.

We have a lot of disappearances in our home. When my kids were little,I used to blame "The Borrowers" after the books and movie about little people. Now i blame worm holes, black holes, other dimensions, etc.
If all objects are only solid based on the frequency they vibrate at, what happens when there is a disturbance in that frequency, a disruption.?????

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

thx AcessDenied
) Too funny! Well, it's just plain weird ya know. What is even more weird is it's happening at work and more disconcerting (for lack of a better word) than weird.

After reading roswell1's post, made me even more inquisitive!! LOL Interesting you should mention 'the borrowers'...made me think of the movie. I guess my point is, how is it possible?! How does stuff just disappear and reappear later?

+I've ruled out the possibility of it being demons since they're a spiritual being and would have to materialize to actually grab the physical item.

+a disturbance you say...possibility. But would make it reappear either in the same place or a different place day or a year after as in roswell1's post?

+

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ok... i'm going to keep posting up on this till I get answers.. Just yesterday .. my wife said..

WIFE: "ahhhh....that's odd"
Me: " what ." ..
Wife: "the picture of my sisters and me.. it was cracked because I knocked it off the shelf last week.. now it's repaired....did you repair it?"
Me:.." no .. but I saw it was cracked like couple weeks ago.. maybe..? "

We don't have another picture in the house that would fit this one.. for glass to be replaced.. my wife would just go buy another frame instead of getting new glass which would be even more trouble.

If anyone is having the same things happen ..please post them here.. I'd REALLY like to get to the bottom of this..

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Last night, my wife had the HGTV channel on, which she usually leaves on for whitenoise to get to sleep, I was on ATS, of course.
She went to sleep for about 2 hours. She woke up and asked me...

WIFE: Did you change the channel to channel 7 ?

ME: No, I haven't gotten out of my seat since you went to sleep, is it changed?

WIFE: yep.....

She grabbed the remote from off the end of the couch. Her cats were still sleeping in the same place as they were 2 hours before..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I remember an old episode of the Twilight Zone where there were blue guys rebuilding reality second by second. It was explained that when you lose something and then find it back in the location later on it meant that one of the blue guys made a mistake and his supervisor caught it.

I wonder if that program was more accurate than I thought.

Edited to add:
Found it. The episode was called "A Matter of Minutes"

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Deson]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a date of 4/02/2008 was added to my MemCenter Edit member options.. which reflexed on all the recent posts as having this date as the recent post. No one in the house accesses my PC.. unless they ask, It's just my grandson and wife. It's a hands off PC, and passworded....

How could this be unless i've been hacked or ATS is altering my options.. (I seriously doubt it..)

What's happened on 4/02/2008 in the world or my world that is significant to this date....?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Two words...

UNDERPANTS GNOMES!

This is the reason for stuff comming up missing. Underpants Gnomes!

Sorry sorry,

For real tho, I have always found stuff come up missing then re appear in the strangest places.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was at a friends house and we were sitting by a sofa chair and his folder was there. We were talking and then when he looked down it wasn't there. He was really upset so I know he wasn't putting me on. I looked and confirmed that he's not going crazy that I don't see it either. I few minutes of me loooking at him and talking he looked down and then it was their.

That is one time that I was convinced in the paranormal!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ok…this is something that has been on my mind for the last month but keep forgetting to post it on ATS.

I was half awake on a Saturday morning and was thinking if I should get up or not, just a quick thought that passed thru my mind as I laid there with our cat on the bed at my feet. Our bed is situated where the headboard is to the back wall and the bathroom is directly from the bed about 5 feet from the footboard of the bed.

About 20 secs from having the thought of weather or not I should get up, I heard what sounded like a big piece of metal dropped into our bathroom sink! I swear the sink should have broken in two pieces as big as the sound was. As soon as I opened my eyes to see what the it was that dropped our cat ‘jumped’ for lack of a better word, to see what it was that hit the sink as well with her head turn in the direction of the bathroom and her claws dug into the blankets.

I laid there not seeing anything in the bathroom run out or move around. The cat was frozen on the bed still and not looking away as if she saw something. I was thinking, “hmmmm…wonder what could have dropped? Almost sounded like a gun... ?”

We have a wire shelf over the sink but there’s only toothpaste and brushes on it; all the cans of hairspray were on the sink itself. I get up after a minute of laying there as the cat is still gripping the blankets and looking directly at the bathroom. Normally when I pet/scratch her head she responds by turning her head in the direction of my hand to ensure she gets a little more attention however, her gaze was completely fixed on the BR.

When I walked in there wasn’t anything out of place. Nothing in the sink or the toilet.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Saturday night as I was getting for bed, I check my wife's alarm clock to ensure it was set for 7am. It has a big button on it to change the alarm time. It makes a distinct sound when it's pushed down. I set it for 7am and went to bed.

Not sure how long I was asleep but, I suddenly woke up and heard the alarm clock button being pushed 4 times in a row quickly; as if someone was looking at it to figure out what the alarm was set to or something..

My wife was sound asleep; I just laid there kinda freaked out and drifted off to sleep after 10 mins or so..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Maybe it's them trixie fairy people... Have you left them a bowl of honey and milk? If you don't appease them, they can make things odd.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have this happen frequently enough that the kids are starting to wonder if I'm losing my mind. Posted on it on another thread of the same subject but got no real answers.

Good news: 2 items that had been missing for months showed up where they belong right when I needed them this week. The article of missing clothing was right on top in a drawer I open every day. The drill turned up back on the tool shelf that I had completely emptied last month to rearrange the room (shelf was too heavy to move with tools on it so I unloaded it, moved the shelf and put them all back-drill was NOT there when I reloaded it or even last week).

Since I've had this happen several times, I will look in the place the missing item is supposed to be about once a week to see if it has turned up. This is the longest something has been missing and both of them turn up in the same week. Darned peculiar.

I've run through all the "logical" scenarios and ruled them all out. It's just not possible that these things have gone missing (or been returned) by any reasonable methods that I can think of. I am not forgetful, put everything in it's place when I'm done with it, etc.

Black holes, fairies, "borrowers", dimensional rifts....none of these explanations make any sense to me. I would really like an answer if anyone knows.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Going to add this event to this post since it's relevant.

About 3 weeks ago, I was laying in bed, after hearing the alarm clock go off, shut it off and layed there for a couple of minutes and then thought "well, I guess I should get up". Immediately after having that thought.. I physically HEARD a radio transmission along with the mic being keyed...

"that is confirmed" or something similar to that! I FREAKED! I opened my eyes immediately, looked toward the window which had the blinds shut, but just a bit open to see if the police were in my backyard.

I got up, opened the blinds in the bedroom, looked outside, nada. zero, no one there. I ran to the the sliding glass door, open it up.. walked out side.. nada, zero...no one there.

I ran out the front door in hopes to see a police car or some kind of activity going on about the neighbor .. nada zero,, quiet as a mouse. Sky was clear, with a few clouds.

Originally posted by Komodo
Ok…this is something that has been on my mind for the last month but keep forgetting to post it on ATS.

I was half awake on a Saturday morning and was thinking if I should get up or not, just a quick thought that passed thru my mind as I laid there with our cat on the bed at my feet. Our bed is situated where the headboard is to the back wall and the bathroom is directly from the bed about 5 feet from the footboard of the bed.

About 20 secs from having the thought of weather or not I should get up, I heard what sounded like a big piece of metal dropped into our bathroom sink! I swear the sink should have broken in two pieces as big as the sound was. As soon as I opened my eyes to see what the it was that dropped our cat ‘jumped’ for lack of a better word, to see what it was that hit the sink as well with her head turn in the direction of the bathroom and her claws dug into the blankets.

I laid there not seeing anything in the bathroom run out or move around. The cat was frozen on the bed still and not looking away as if she saw something. I was thinking, “hmmmm…wonder what could have dropped? Almost sounded like a gun... ?”

We have a wire shelf over the sink but there’s only toothpaste and brushes on it; all the cans of hairspray were on the sink itself. I get up after a minute of laying there as the cat is still gripping the blankets and looking directly at the bathroom. Normally when I pet/scratch her head she responds by turning her head in the direction of my hand to ensure she gets a little more attention however, her gaze was completely fixed on the BR.

When I walked in there wasn’t anything out of place. Nothing in the sink or the toilet.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
More goings on at the house.

My grandson, 16yrs old, told me that last night he couldn't remember if he left hi TV on or not but that he 99% of the time leaves it on for 'white noise' to get to sleep. He said he remembers laying there watching TV and woke up completely refreshed with a feeling that he was only 10 mins.. when in actuality it was more like 6 hours.

So after that, he heads toward the bathroom, and I hear him go .. WT*!" He walks over to me at my PC in the living room and says..

G~son: "what does this look like to you on the bridge of my nose? It wasn't there before I left for youth group, and now it's there. It won't come off, so I know it's not ink or dirt and it doesn't hurt.

Upon looking at it from a distance, I see a small dark line running down the bridge of his nose. I take a high magnifying glass and look at it. I took a pic of it with my wife's cell in case it went away.

It definitely looks like some sort of incision there but, looked like it was already healed up and some scaring had taken place.

I"ll try and upload the pic tonight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join