It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Saw In The Darkness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by smyleegrl

May I ask when your current home was built? Is there a river or stream nearby?

Built in 2009, we moved in 2010. Nearest body of water is a couple of miles away.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141
I'm a long way from a 'generic skeptic' who will refute anything and everything and I certainly don't want to seem rude to someone who seems to put forward an entirely genuine and honest account however I do have a few thoughts.

Firstly, you do seem to have an interest in some paranormal ideas (which is pretty normal I'd say, the Vatican still gets quite a few tourists) and I just wondered how open in the house that is? As in, do you watch many programs/ read books about it? I include fiction in this. I say this because it is simply potentially what initially gave your son the idea (if that is what it is).

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I would seriously WAIT and reconsider if you were to get a 'professional' in to exorcise this problem. Rather than for money or legitimacy I say this for one main reason: it would legitimise and establish this as a 100% real problem in your house for your son. It could also cultivate more problems.

Was your son particularly attached to the old house? This fear of the cupboard could be simply a link to the old house which makes everything appear less different.

I can't remember the other things now from reading the thread but I expect I'll remember them later on.

Again, I'm not trying to bulldoze through any illustrious beliefs but surely everything should be looked at before fueling the fire by calling in strangers to your son's bedroom.

I do have an interest in things paranormal, but I'm also a huge skeptic. I don't really watch television and my son has no interest in my reading material. However, he has a very active imagination and loves to hear and tell "scary" stories.

He didn't really like the old house at all (neither did i). He was very excited about the new house, which is MUCH nicer. Even now he loves to play in his room, just as long as the closet door is closed.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by tport17
reply to post by sled735

Um, you could have continued reading what I had posted, rather than posting "not" as large as possible.

Yeah, I did read your post. I know her personally, too. I know her story is very credible.
Although it probably was a coincidence that her son screamed only seconds after she saw these horrific faces, I think what she saw in the doorway was VERY real. Peace!

OP, did the creature you saw look anything similar to one of the photos in this link?

www.google.com... 632&sei=Drh8T9LIIc3hggeNsN3YCw

edit on 7/8/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 7/8/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/8/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

No, it looked like none of those, thank God.

Well, that's a relief!
Still, there are other E.T.s that come that we don't have pictures of. Hopefully, not ET in the doorway! So, this is good. At least you can get rid of it, if it is spirit.

Enjoy your vacation. Maybe this thing will get lonely and leave while you're gone!
(But, I seriously doubt it!)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've seen faces/images in my mind at bedtime myself. When I was young I even had a little goblin that sat on my chest and took my breath away. I know there is a term for him I just can't quite remember.

I also believe our minds give these things power. We manifest them ourselves, whether they are real or created in our minds. I also believe we can project them to others. As in our family members, kids etc. Fear definitely plays a big role. Overcoming that fear takes the power back.

I remember being able to control my dreams, whether I were flying or fighting a demon I had some control. Flying was always difficult, I think I only did it once. I also remember closing my eyes, laying flat on my back, arms and legs spread out..and making my bed flip. I could make it spin, flip fast or slow. Of course when I'd open my eyes I would be in a normal position, but the feeling lingered.

..As a matter of fact just reading this thread brings all of those old feelings back. I can control my fear now, Im 30 years old and the fear has come out of my mind and into tangible things, like debt and bills and letting my new family down. Maybe I can control this fear now and take back my life, so that my family and I can live a financially sound life.

I like what one poster said about giving your son a plastic knife. That would help him control his fear, giving him a weapon to fight so to speak. Very clever. I hope I remember that when my son is his age, he's 6 months old now and I'm pretty sure he'll have the same nightmarish problem as a young boy.

He's already waking up screaming. Even after a bottle and diaper change. My wife thinks it's him teething, but I dont.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

Originally posted by notkmarx
what time roughly did this event occur?

I'd be interested in knowing the dates and times of any recurring incidents myself.

My son has been scared of his closet for about a year now. But he willingly goes to his bed if the closet is shut. No hysterics or pleas to sleep with us.

Something else interesting...his cat, Ransom, sleeps in the room with my son every night.

Lol. I was going to tell you to get the cats to sleep in the room but you already have figured it out. Let the cat stay there. Cats do sometimes know more than us. I wonder if they hunt spirits just like mice or at least annoy the heck out of the bad ones.
. Have a talk with your son that there is not need to fear and tell them to leave if they are a pain.

If you go against them with the intent that they are ants that you can step on if they do not behave then there will be no fear and they will have no power. If you wanna be nice you can always ask them if they need help. If they missbehave tell them to f**k off and if they don't you will do extreamly nasty things to them when you meet them on the other side.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

It sounds like you might be a lucid dreamer and experiencing possible episodes of sleep paralysis (the thing on your chest, also called the Old Hag). Perhaps even an Out of Body Experience?

I agree, the plastic weapons are a good idea. Right now he takes a lot of comfort from the fact that his cat Ransom sleeps with him at the foot of his bed. I've explained that Ransom is protecting him, so it helps him feel safe.

Enjoy this time with your little one, they grow so incredibly fast...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have never had any experiences as far as images with my eyelids. What I have had are experiences with nyphs-also known as astrals. They are a third dimensional creatures that favor a dwarf. They like to attach to human spirits in their travels. It sounds as if the light you saw was a spirit entering your house, probably in the company of a nymph (s). They are not dangerous; they like to scare and cause chaos. They can usually be removed with a cleansing of the house. It don't matter that the house was new, that won't stop a spirit from entering your house. Children are more sensitive to these creatures more so than adults in most cases.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyosuke
Can you give a more detailed description of this being? For now I am picturing something like this,

Did you draw that?

Its similar, I don't know about the hands but the face looks about right. I didn't see the legs/feet, so not sure how they look. The "scales" on your dude are a little too large, though.

This is an ET from the Mantis family.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by kyosuke
Can you give a more detailed description of this being? For now I am picturing something like this,

Did you draw that?

Its similar, I don't know about the hands but the face looks about right. I didn't see the legs/feet, so not sure how they look. The "scales" on your dude are a little too large, though.

This is an ET from the Mantis family.

You know, if its an ET the thing can take me. I'll volunteer and sing cheerfully all the way up the tractor beam.

But not my son.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Have you ever done research on reptillians? Supposedly they are inter dimentional earth inhabitants that live below the ground and use humans as their slaves... Ya it sounds crazy but some of the people doing research and seminars seam pretty convincing. Your story made me think that possibly this is a younger reptillian practicing it's inter dimentional powers and also the history of your sons sightings... this will sound bad but this being is targeting your son and you had a premontion of bad or scary things to happen in the near future. The word on the street is that using the word God or Jesus Christ scares these things away and I'm no bible thumper. They say we are in the third density dimention and these beings are fourth or fifth density which gives them the power to disapear and reappear.... Check it out for yourself there is alot of info out there.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
One of the most consistant things in life is crazy. Crazy is crazy in 1477, or 1823, as Crazy is in 2012. The internet allows crazy access to a wide audience. The constant is that crazy is still crazy.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Don't worry about Ouija boards. It's all in your head and based on whether you fear them. Same with religion. That can cause "demons" because people believe in them. Be careful with scary movies, as they can put ideas into your head too, and into your dreams.

People cannot separate what they vividly imagine from what they usually see as 'real.' I think some people just have moments of schizophrenia in a way people can't explain.

I have done the eye thing like you do, in bed. I've had times where I opened my eyes, and the same thing would happen in my normal field of vision, colors of red, or blue, or purple. It has caused me to see shapes in those colors over my normal field of vision. I have seen fierce and scary dogs (a pair of 3), and that was very intense for me. I considered it just my brain going haywire.

I always lean on the side of it being something natural that I can't explain, and not anything paranormal. Sometimes I have my doubts, but I tell myself, What the hell do you know? And, that pretty much calms me down. I don't go off the deep end and swear that I saw dogs from 'another realm.' I mean, come on. "But it could be." Yea, if you stretch your imagination. Mine is stretched enough.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When I close my eyes and try to imagine faces of what materializes before me in my imagination, the faces are not of normal looking people but very much of what you described.

There's something I read about God veiling our eyes so we only see what exists in the physical world and not the horrors (?) of the paranormal or equivalent that exists all around us in that concealed realm, and that schizophrenics perhaps have less of that veil covering their eyes.

You must put a camera in your son's room... Cameras are legendary for seeing things the human eye cannot.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

That is interesting, you are the only other person I have heard talk of opening your eyes and seeing crazy stuff. With me, it is always the same though, not seeing stuff. But when I open my eyes in the dark after watching the fireworks, It's kinda hard to explain.... The darkness keeps getting darker, like the light is being sucked out if that makes sense.... That used to scare the crap out of me when I was younger. Sometimes it still does.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken pressure on your eyeballs through hand pressure or anything pressing against them, including the tightening your eyelids is pressing or putting pressure on your optic nerve thus causing all the visuals, oftentimes like a kalidascopic or intense color arrangement.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

My response is from a Christian point of view. I am saying this up front not so you or anyone else will immediately dismiss my comments but so that you know where I am coming from.

I believe you. Even as a Christian I see the faces in the in-between time of waking and sleeping. You are seeing into the spiritual realm, which consists of evil entities. In other words "monsters" are real. For whatever reason, your family is being harassed. I assure you, everyone is harassed, so I am not trying to cause you fear or added worry. Some people just experience it in more subtle ways that wreak havoc in their lives. Think of it as a negative tape recorder playing in your mind. Other people will experience a manifestation from time to time. Then they end up posting about it on ATS because after all it's fringy, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

It's reality.

There is one name above all name and that is the name of Jesus Christ. This name cannot be uttered as a magic word. If it is, another Jesus might show up to save the day and in reality you'll find yourself in deeper trouble that you were to begin with. Call upon Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and ALL manifestations must and will cease and leave you alone every time. You do not need a priest, holy water, or any of that mumbo jumbo. You just need Jesus and he is totally sufficient.

I say this not to force any belief system on you or anyone who might be reading this. I simply hope it may be helpful to one who has an open heart to what I have to say. I know from experience. "They", meaning the spiritual realm, will do everything in their power to convince you that what I am saying to you is a lie.

Again, I believe you and will pray for your family.

With love, Perelandra

Update: You said, "I do have an interest in the paranormal and like to read paranormal-event materials." You have to be careful. You can open doorways. They are very easy to open. I LOVE to read, so I am not knocking reading as a source of information and pleasure. It's particular content or other items that can act as doorways. I wish it did not sound so out there. Unfortunately it is the truth and forewarned = forearmed.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Perelandra because: Added comment.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I've seen lots more detail than just shapes. I've had this sleep/wake episode once where I realized I was seeing things from a dream, but I wasn't asleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I was instantly back in the dream state. I was so scared that I would never be able to close my eyes and just see plain black. I made a thread about it, and others said they've experienced the same.

Anyway, with regard to the colors, I have also had 'fun' imagining that I was warping through a 'wormhole' or something. It was very much like a dulled down version of what you see in the movies stargate...not nearly as much detail, but it was like I was traveling through a tunnel that twisted and turned. It was cool because I could pretend like I really was being taken someplace else while my eyes were closed. You see just how much movies can affect us. If I saw that without ever watching those movies, I would have 'framed it' in another way. I think very very few of our ideas of original. They usually are a mishmosh of things we've seen from others.

It is usually intense for me if I'm hungover, and I have trouble sleeping. At times, I have heard what seemed to be unclear voices or just some familiar but unclear noise, while my fan was on. Any background noise 'morphs' into another noise that my mind creates. It's like how what we see is interpreted by our brains as something more.

I have also been sober and had full-blown hallucinations based only on lack of oxygen and stress / being panic struck and scared to breathe the 'toxic' air. It was utterly terrifying. A radio was on, and the things I was 'hearing' out of it were so scary. I heard people talking about vampires and a lair being underneath me. I was so scared I was going to die. Eventually I had signs of septic shock from barely breathing...became very cold (verified by another person) and couldn't control my bladder. Eventually I began breathing again and got warmer. It was very scary.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I had the exact experience last night! and honestly cant believe i am reading this.

Like you said, i usually see some colors morphing and that with closed eyes, but last night was different.
I remember laying their just trying to get to sleep as usual, i was quite tired actually. And i began to hear this internal ringing noise (i get this daily) and it tends to induce a meditative state. So i go along with it as usual and instantly the colors and geometrical shapes begin appearing in magnificent neon colors.

Now hears the bit that gets me!

It usually stays at some colors, no shapes. but after a becoming intrigued by this, the shapes then start forming faces as you described!
And what do you know! the first one i see was the being you described!
I have experienced seeing this being before and began to assume it was just my imagination so brushed it off as nothing.
The faces continued to change and till it appeared again.
But this time it came from the distance right up to my face at quite a speed, and startled me.
I opened my eyes and looked around the room.
I didn't see any beings but did feel something odd in the room.

Quite an experience i must say!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks the knife is a bad idea? Normally, I'd say sure let him, such as if he wanted to play with it. But to actively encourage him to solve his real problems using a knife is surely not a good idea?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
About 8 years ago I had a Sleep paralysis dream that had all the hall marks of the typical old hag attack . Could have just been a thing of my mind , but man it was intense . I have to admit it change my veiw of the world , I`m more open to the notion that there are things that don't quite fit into our preconcived ideals of reality . Or Perhaps it was just a dream and the atheist are right

edit on 8-7-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join