It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse discrimination at your job centre. How is this leaflet acceptable? (United Kingdom)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's "White Privilege" for you.
It's your privilege to watch others get jobs at your expense.
Join the army marching on London and toss Parliament on the street.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wondering about the title...what is reverse discrimination? Either it is discrimination or it's not. Reversing discrimination would mean inclusion and that can never be a bad thing.

I disagree with ethnicity ever being relevant to a job application, and when I lived in the UK never responded as one would expect to the question of ethnicity, it is completely absurd to me.

It's a shame that this is even a question in this day and age, but somehow I feel perhaps this is what is needed for the people still acting discriminatory against some. When the master loses favour with his own change happens.

So bring on the change! It is long over due

much love

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I love in a multi- ethnic community, and everyone discriminates, but only whites are punished for it.

Time to end these ethnic preference if they can't evenly enforce the laws

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
So I laugh at working class white people begrudging poor ethnic minorities and blacks useless handouts. Pathetic and mean spirited.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

what a pathetic and mean spirited attack on "working class white people" who oppose state sponsored racism- choosing my words carefully with you, as you would warrant me saying something that would get me a ban, but I'll hold my ire..........

Oh but I am not attacking poor working class people. I am mocking stupid working class people who begrudge other poor working class people who happen to be brown.

If you add up all the money and grants ever given to the 5% of brown and black people in the last 50 years in the UK, it would not add up to the bail outs given to banks since 2008.

You have some nerve dude. Take up your "issues" with the toffs who actually screw you and your class of person.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Well, actually, you are only telling part of the story, that anyone can read on the actual leaflet you uploaded. Why aren't you complaining about the age, residential, or other restrictions on the leaflet?

Seems this training program is for a specific group. What's the big deal? It's a fact that so-called minorities are more disenfranchised in the workplace and in society. A lot of them don't have the same opportunities.

Still, though, if you look at the full picture it is for so-called "ethnic minorities" that are young who are unemployed and not currently getting a college education. It's to help them get employment and become productive members of society.

Sorry, I just don't see the controversy. I'm White myself but I don't understand why White people complain about stuff like this and act like they are so oppressed because there is a training program specifically aimed at minority youths.

I'm sure there are programs for people of all ages, races, etc. Just do some research and look them up instead of wasting time complaining about something.

ETA: What I also think you are ignoring are the potential questions of why is this training program narrowed down to minority youths with no job or education or training in a specific area. Perhaps the program doesn't have much funding. Perhaps they only have a couple instructors. Perhaps the instructors are doing it voluntarily and they just cannot accomdate a large group so they narrow it down as much as they can. What percentage of the population of Leeds would even fit into this pamphlet? These are the questions that need to be asked and considered instead of having a knee-jerk reaction at the site of "Black and Ethnic Minorities."

Another edit: Upon doing research, as of 2010 the population of Leeds was 798,800. 89% of that were White people. That means only around 11% of the population would be "Black and Ethnic Minorities." That would be around 80,000 people. How much more does that drop when you get into the age and employment/training restrictions? I can't find any statistics on that, but I'm willing to bet it would drop significantly.

Just my two cents.
edit on 7-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by CoolerAbdullah786 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think your thread will appear as a Daily Mail (Fail) article very soon.

This is discrimination. They wouldn't dare produce one saying for whites only. There would be uproar.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think affirmative action and "reverse" discrimination is racism, plain and simple. It is not any different or more justifiable than institutional racism against blacks in the past. Reading this thread, I can appreciate that constitutional court of my country banned racial quotas as a racist policy.

Racial Quotas Suffer Defeat in Europe

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatefighter2014

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Argyll
I think we both agree on that point, however, I direct you back to my earlier post, In areas of Manchester, white people are in a minority, and are disadvantaged......would a leaflet presented in the local job centre, asking for white only applicants be acceptable?.....yes or no?

And herein lies the crux of the issue that those who support such "affirmative" action will simply refuse to even acknowledge.

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable and rightly so, just as this thing being done in Leeds isn;t acceptable. I also find it odd that they are referring to Black and Asians as the minority in Leeds.... I've been to Leeds, if they are going to claim that, you might as well say Birmingham is an Anglo-Saxon stronghold...

No offense but tone it down a bit, you come of as a pyscho nazi skin head.

No I don't, don't be stupid. Please explain exactly how I come across as a, quote, "pyscho nazi skin head"? This should be fun...

Quite what a pyscho is, however, I haven't a clue.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh but I am not attacking poor working class people. I am mocking stupid working class people who begrudge other poor working class people who happen to be brown.

You seem unfocussed

* the issue is not that some working class people happen to have darker skin
* the issue is with the state sanctioning racist policies on the basis of this darker skin

Keep up

If you add up all the money and grants ever given to the 5% of brown and black people in the last 50 years in the UK, it would not add up to the bail outs given to banks since 2008.

It adds up to a helluva lot more than money and grants given to white people, which amounts to zero.

You have some nerve dude. Take up your "issues" with the toffs who actually screw you and your class of person.

wake up, you are putty in the hands of the elite, they thrive on group think and division, and racial group think is classic control territory- you just played into the toffs' hands
edit on 7-7-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is wrong and will only serve to create more division. Young people whether black or white are pretty equal when it comes to things like unemployment at the moment. It's not a race issue, it's a socio economic one. So to start favoring one racial group within that socioeconomic group is discriminatory. The same would apply if it were white only positions.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
While the op's leaflet breaks the law on discrimination, if you want a quick fix and just to be able to do one of these courses, just invent some Irish traveller heritage. (No one can prove otherwise).
I often put that down (Though it ain't a total lie in my case) not once have I been asked to prove my lineage, so there you go.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

While the op's leaflet breaks the law on discrimination

It does not but if you believe it does, then you should make a complaint of racial discrimination at your local police station.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sakrateri

PATH is a Positive Action Training organisation set up under Sections 37 & 38 of the Race Relations Act in 1985.

excuse me, can anyone happen to find the actual Race relations act of 1985 ?

I have looked and looked and can only find a 1976 act with some amendments but nothing from 1985.

perhaps they have just made their own acts up??

I think it means, the organisation was set up in 1985.

This organisation is a legal registered charity, they can help who they want. If a breast cancer charity only helps those with breast cancer, would people with brain cancer be right to sue them for discrimination?

I can see that there is anger here about what people see as neglect of the native British population but is a charity the right group to target? Attack official government policy by all means.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All roads lead back to Libor/banksters and the govt. Shortage of funds and capable leaders/plans. We are all being screwed over by these people and it dosnt matter what colour you are. The race issue is just one of their ruses. This is just another thing which they use to devide us. Its about time we all woke up and smelled the coffee. Our enemys are in the govt and financial industry.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

While the op's leaflet breaks the law on discrimination

It does not but if you believe it does, then you should make a complaint of racial discrimination at your local police station.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

There you go.
I fail to see how that leaflet does not contravene the law.
If you know better, perhaps you'd be so good as to explain what I'm missing.

Anyway, I already posted a useful little work around for those people wanting to take part in such schemes.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

There are exeptions from the law for charities. They have to prove that they are heping society by targeting one group.

www.charitycommission.gov.uk...

Surely every charity is discrminatory, Cats protection league (discriminates against dogs
)

Scope (discriminates against the able bodied)

Help the aged (discriminates against the young) etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Jeez, thanks.
I gotta admit that a charity only helping people cos of their skin colour strikes me as a pretty ropey idea.
I can understand say, helping an ethnic group based purely on their native language, but a poor black kid isn't any different to a poor white one.

This stinks and is exactly the kind of thing that gives weight to the arguments of people like the BNP.

It shouldn't have been allowed in a job centre. No way.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

oh no, thats not discrimination. definately not. its only leaving out white english people, so definately not discrimination because discrimination onyl happens to black and minority people....*he said sarcasticly*

of cause its discrimination, but try doing something about it, nothing will happen. now if you changed it to 'for white people of english backfround' then the leaflet wouldnt of even made it to print.

i hate this countrys double standards

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclear12346

Surely that an American demographic study,there are barely any Latinos in England, it should be Asian instead. I agree that this is discrimination as if it was a program for whites only then you can only imagine the vitriol.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
No. I wont.

Maybe that should be your last reply to me because I know who and what you are and you didn't think this subtle crap would get challenged. You thought everyone would just agree with you and join in on your little racist pity party. The fact that you call efforts to EQUAL the playing field by lifting people of color to the same level as Whites "discrimination against whites" is again , ignorant , selfish and foolish. I know exactly what your post is about. I reject it and you. And that's what you have a problem with.

Have a nice day. Don''t be naughty k ?

Okay, before i leave you like a 5 year old to your own devices, i shall simply what's going on.

Blacks and Ethnic minorities are being offered help to build skills to get them into work. (no problem with that)

Whites are not being offered the same type of help. (This is where the problem occurs)

Both have received the same education but one is receiving more help than the other. (So why are we helping on group and not the other?)

I hate to see someone so blinded by his/her own racism that he/she cant even distinguish between someone wanting to give equal rights and opportunities to everyone and someone who just want to give rights and opportunities to a certain group. It must be painful for your emotional mind to live on those terms day in day out.

But this is where i unhook from you. Im not racist and im not going to be pulled into and argument defending myself. I say everyone should be given the help to develop skills and get themselves into work. I don't believe anyone should be discriminated against, simple as really.

Anyhow, thanks for taking part.

You truly are scum.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join