It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse discrimination at your job centre. How is this leaflet acceptable? (United Kingdom)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

I wasn't aware that Obama was President of the UK now as well as President of the USA.

When did that happen?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well if the leaflet said 'Whites Only' then it would be discrimination.

It is what it is, and funded by the tax payer.

Wahoo!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
no it doesn't- their children all received the same education as a white child- it is quite colonial to ascribe "illiteracy and third world mentality" to 3rd and fourth generation Pakistanis..............

I would disagree with you there. Native language has a lot to do with it.

Having the same education does not automatically guarantee the same knowledge. Learning is not a constant for anyone and a lot affects it, particularly parents and the home environment for each individual over generations and locations.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well chapeltown in leeds has a large asian population. So the children will be mostly non speaking english. So what good would a normal english person be there? The children wouldnt be able to understand them, unless the english person speaks urdo or hindi ect.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

The Leader of the US has been the Leader of the UK since Tridant was installed!

"Our" nuclear deterent apparently, yea my arse! The US actually control "our" war heads, so where does that leave the power balance?

The US Echelon actually have 5 bases in the UK, 5 of the Largest actually! The largest one keeps 17,000 US troops... But guess what? The bases are labelled and named as UK RAF! Even though they're not ours! How's that for hiding this infor from the public?! Lmaooo

We are the USes bitches! Militarily anyway, I guess we still own you when it comes to the banks, what a delicate relationship! Haha

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know someone has touched on the same subject earlyer, but I need to say aswell... If there was a leaflt for "training for white unemployed people" in the jobcentre (or anywhere public) all hell wold break lose!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
I know someone has touched on the same subject earlyer, but I need to say aswell... If there was a leaflt for "training for white unemployed people" in the jobcentre (or anywhere public) all hell wold break lose!

But there is and it is an Eton School brochure...

BTW, public schools are subsidised by government grants and their charitable tax status.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Who cares if they've got the capasity to utilise our education system the way they should?

They shouldn't be fekkin here if they can't talk English!

I don't exspect to be able to move to Pakistan and be spoon fed everything I need to know.

It *should* be basic immigration rules to have knowledge of the native language *before* you move there, fact, the scandal over here was letting in a load of them *without* conducting the face to face interviews that *are* required.

Imagine the system failing like that!

edit on 7-7-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

where?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

He's reffering to Eton School. For the rich and powerfull, 95% of MPs attended there!

Talk about fair representation of the populace! LOL.

I watched an interview of a Local MP the once, he undertook all the education and different avenues he needed to proceed to become a higher MP, and they told him to get lost because he didn't come from a prestigeous background... Like Eton. He subsequently quit.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by blueorder
no it doesn't- their children all received the same education as a white child- it is quite colonial to ascribe "illiteracy and third world mentality" to 3rd and fourth generation Pakistanis..............

I would disagree with you there. Native language has a lot to do with it.

Having the same education does not automatically guarantee the same knowledge. Learning is not a constant for anyone and a lot affects it, particularly parents and the home environment for each individual over generations and locations.

well I could counter that by saying White children are more likely to grow up in broken families and suffer the effects of the "permissive" society since the 1960s, and thus, require special treatment.

But I wouldn't, and nor should the state for non whites...........

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

But there is and it is an Eton School brochure...

BTW, public schools are subsidised by government grants and their charitable tax status.

could you show me a link to this brochure which states that Eton is for white people only- chop chop

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

The ironic thing is in this area, the white's are the ethic minority. And before any one says whites are not "ethnics", yes they are. Everyone has an ethnicity, it's your genetic lineage.
edit on 7/7/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by kamatty

He's reffering to Eton School. For the rich and powerfull, 95% of MPs attended there!

Talk about fair representation of the populace! LOL.

I watched an interview of a Local MP the once, he undertook all the education and different avenues he needed to proceed to become a higher MP, and they told him to get lost because he didn't come from a prestigeous background... Like Eton. He subsequently quit.

Eton = segregation by other mean; money and a highly selective interviews.

There are blacks and Asians in Eton but they are the elites of other countries and they would classify their lower orders and poor whites in the UK as nXggXrs. LOL!!!!

So I laugh at working class white people begrudging poor ethnic minorities and blacks useless handouts. Pathetic and mean spirited.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

where?

Here is the link;

www.etoncollege.com...

Now wash your hands before you click on the link commoner.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
So I laugh at working class white people begrudging poor ethnic minorities and blacks useless handouts. Pathetic and mean spirited.

what a pathetic and mean spirited attack on "working class white people" who oppose state sponsored racism- choosing my words carefully with you, as you would warrant me saying something that would get me a ban, but I'll hold my ire..........

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Argyll
I think we both agree on that point, however, I direct you back to my earlier post, In areas of Manchester, white people are in a minority, and are disadvantaged......would a leaflet presented in the local job centre, asking for white only applicants be acceptable?.....yes or no?

And herein lies the crux of the issue that those who support such "affirmative" action will simply refuse to even acknowledge.

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable and rightly so, just as this thing being done in Leeds isn;t acceptable. I also find it odd that they are referring to Black and Asians as the minority in Leeds.... I've been to Leeds, if they are going to claim that, you might as well say Birmingham is an Anglo-Saxon stronghold...

No offense but tone it down a bit, you come of as a pyscho nazi skin head.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If there was a leaflet that said whites only there would be an outrage. There was a report I read recently where people were not happy that Asian folk were advertising properties and saying Asian only. If white di the same people said no blacks, jews, or whatever, then people would be outraged. Double standards.

Everything should be equal at all times, that is the foundation of our society in the UK.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

PATH is a Positive Action Training organisation set up under Sections 37 & 38 of the Race Relations Act in 1985.

excuse me, can anyone happen to find the actual Race relations act of 1985 ?

I have looked and looked and can only find a 1976 act with some amendments but nothing from 1985.

perhaps they have just made their own acts up??

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatefighter2014

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Argyll
I think we both agree on that point, however, I direct you back to my earlier post, In areas of Manchester, white people are in a minority, and are disadvantaged......would a leaflet presented in the local job centre, asking for white only applicants be acceptable?.....yes or no?

And herein lies the crux of the issue that those who support such "affirmative" action will simply refuse to even acknowledge.

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable and rightly so, just as this thing being done in Leeds isn;t acceptable. I also find it odd that they are referring to Black and Asians as the minority in Leeds.... I've been to Leeds, if they are going to claim that, you might as well say Birmingham is an Anglo-Saxon stronghold...

No offense but tone it down a bit, you come of as a pyscho nazi skin head.

are you being funny?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join