It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse discrimination at your job centre. How is this leaflet acceptable? (United Kingdom)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Got to love the irony of you commenting on this story with the phrase "cotton picking"...

That's a turn of phrase that has it's roots in slavery..

That's why I used it. It is a reminder of what racism brought about.

A cotton picking minute is like 30 minutes on account of the back breaking nature of the job. They carry the cotton in sacks; they bend down and pick cotton until the sack is full.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

reply to post by SearchLightsInc

There is no discrimination here; ethnic minorities and blacks do very badly in North Yorkshire. The authorities are simply trying to alleviate disproportionate rates of unemployment.

There are people of all race's that do badly and it just seems pointless trying to help one rather than the other and at the expense of tax payer's money. I don't understand why this group cant be open to everyone? Surely the governments aim to get as many people as possible back into work?

The unfairness is the disproportionate levels of unemployment and not the government's attempt at undoing damage imposed on minority communities by the majority.

Does equality mean nothing in this day and age? Or do we have to do so many decade's of special treatment in order to reach equality?

Equality is in the eye of the beholder. The people who strongly believe in this need to provide reverse discrimination, because that is what it really is, won't be happy until white people are the minority, and have to go through the same things they did. It is not just about fairness to some, it is about payback. Which of course makes them incredibly hypocritical since they will be doing the same thing. Racism exists everywhere on every continent, and it always will. You can teach and preach tolerance, and it will get through to some, but as long as there is special treatment for special groups of people, this will never go away.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Iv'e read some bollocks in my time but you really
take the biscuit.Your own views do not see the reality
of it being racist.You are blind not to see it is clear racism.
I f i offered advertised for a white down and out to work
for me i would be up in court faster than a cotton pickin minute.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Haha, I love reading about how ridiculous the job centre are! (Even though it hurts inside)

Here's a thought: If there are *NO* jobs in the UK.... Stop letting Immigrants in!

It seems our Government failed their basic maths exams!

And yes, I would say its blatent discrimination, we *all* know in the UK the white native has less rights than the ethnic "new comers". There are so many examples of this I could literally write a thesis on it...

Here's a more recent example, I'm personally aware of: I started my new job on monday, an apprenticeship Admim withe the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, in my position, we deal with job seekers from the job centre, and provide them with training courses that range from basic skills to starting your own business. Its my duty to take down refferals from the job centre, book them on courses and send out the letters.

We also have something called the "Rag" system, rating their employability, Green- likely to be employed (pshht) Amber- work needed, Red- unlikey to be unemployed (main reason being lack of English)

Each day the list is as such:

Mohammed Ali (Red)
Mohammed Katar (Red)
Mohammed Hanten (Red)
Deepa Khan (Red)
Isha Mohammed (Red)
Timothy Francis (Green.

That's not a whole list, we book up to 30 a day, and 28 of those are unemployable immigrants, whilst ill be lucky to have 2 English names to type on that list, that are actually employable.

Also, remember they are making all the job seekers go on "work courses". Working all week for free, as you were told after that they will keep you on as staff?? Nooo Noo Nooo, there were 3 formal complaints from job seekers on monday, about how the employer *promised* they would officially start work after *one* week of voluntry labour, just to tell people to get lost *after* they've been grafting all week.

And from what I heard its *very* common. The complaints have got that great in number, some of the companies guilty *may* come under questioning. The gov don't care though, so more than likely it will continue.

I also had a strange conversation with my own advisor last week, when I had to sign off.

Me " just to inform you, there's no need to put me on your work programme, I start with the Chamber on Monday"
Her " Ohh that's brilliant then, I bet you won't know what to do with all that money!"
Me "Not really, its only an apprenticeship, so I'm on £600 a month minus travel costs... As an apprenticeship, its rather good though, I made sure I only applied for the ones paying more than £100 a week... I'd well and truley still be stuffed if it was one of the ones paying £75 a week!"
Her "Ohh I don't think so, anythings better than nothing! There are people out there, some of them not legal, working 60 hours a week for less than that!"

I raise my eyebrow.

Me "That's not right, especially in a democracy, 40 hours for £75 is slave labour, £25 of that would go one travel, then minus food, I'm no better than on the dole"

I can't believe they all think this system is okay! We all know how snooty those job centre folks are!

My new boss is the same, she's a right Bi*ch!

I started on Monday, went home to find a note from the neibor informing me of my mom being in the hospital. I went straight there, and was there most the night, dragged my self to work the next day, and spent the night at the hospital. Wednesday comes, I physically can't make it into work, I ring my boss inform her I need to spend the day at the hospital she replies with "well that's not very good is it?! And FYI you should have rang ten minutes ago!" So I have wednesday off, go in on thursday, followed by a night at the hospital. Yesterday (friday) arrives and I over sleep (alarm failed) till 9.30 (between work, the hospital, house work, looking after my kittens, and helping my brother with his tranistion into college, I guess I was just dog tired), so I wake up at 9.30, have no credit on my phone to ring work, by 10am, I contacted my cuson on the internet, and she rang my work, to inform them, due to having a stressfull week, and me having to go to the hospital yet again, I would not be able to come in.

My cuson informed me my new boss is livid, and said its unacceptable, and I'm in for # on monday.
My boss talks to me exactly the same way the job centre people do.
I *really* regret talking this job, and working with *them*.

What have I done?! I'd rather be a fellow job seeker again! I might be after monday! Lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If you grant or deny anything based on race then it is racism. Doesnt matter what direction it flows.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by hotel1
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

So now you are claiming you speak for everyone, wrong! you dont. I am anglo saxon and I would certaintly not return to Germany nor I suspect would many other people return to their countries of origin where brutal dictators steal their own treasuries, and murder their own people in huge numbers, or to places where murder is considered an honour, or other places that collapsed into chaos when outsiders withdrew or were forced out.

I am not freaking out over any of this I have just entered a debate there is a difference, and it is the central reason for the existence of sites like this one.

Uh, yeah no. You asked me for my opinion and I gave it to you. Am i dealing with someone who has ADD or something ? You don't remember what you post ?

And yes you guys are freaking out.
What a load of bull.
Second

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
If you grant or deny anything based on race then it is racism. Doesnt matter what direction it flows.

Really? So can you show us how you arrived at this absolutist position? Could it be that you have embarked up on a thorough examination using logic and moral tests to arrive at your conclusion?

Prove it please

edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You attempt at trying to use the wording of an educated person is atrocious.

Reread what I wrote because it really is that simple. Furthermore, I'm thinking that you have some personal race issues that you cant square with. Why else would you be so willing to allow such overt racism?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

And you just lost pretty much all credibility with that little anti-southerner rant there..

How ironic you are complaining of racism here (and I do agree) and then proceed to behave in a bigoted manner towards people for the mere fact we live further south. There is a world of difference between people in London, to people in Berkshire, to people in Bristol to people in Cornwall etc.. Lumping as all together and then blaming us for the "plight" of the North is moronic.

I'll think you'll find the disappearance of the industry, to the immigration problem etc is bugger all to do with "southerners", it's the damn people at the top, so stop being such a colossal bell end.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If a white dude with sound mind and body can't educate himself or take advantage of opportunities in a white man's world, he is a dick.

To be honest, if a Black or Asian guy doesn't take the opportunities provided either, he too is a dick.

There should be no colour featured here, the UK doesn't have a racist problem except for when it is manufactured to give one group a leg up, like here.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I'm with on on that one...

Actually seriously considered it a couple of weeks ago, decided to wait a bit though.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

You attempt at trying to use the wording of an educated person is atrocious.

Reread what I wrote because it really is that simple. Furthermore, I'm thinking that you have some personal race issues that you cant square with. Why else would you be so willing to allow such overt racism?

Sorry about the highfalutin use of language and I agree it was clumsy. However, I am educated and have two degrees; sorry to offend

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

To be honest, if a Black or Asian guy doesn't take the opportunities provided either, he too is a dick.

I agree but what we are talking about is a leaflet from a job centre in Leeds. The Asians in Leeds were recruited from villages in India and Pakistan in the 1950 and 60s to work in the clothe mills.

They came to the UK as illiterates and menials bringing third world mentalities. It is their grand children who are now uneducated and unemployed in Yorkshire. It takes many generations for change to happen and they need help.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I agree but what we are talking about is a leaflet from a job centre in Leeds. The Asians in Leeds were recruited from villages in India and Pakistan in the 1950 and 60s to work in the clothe mills.

They came to the UK as illiterates and menials bringing third world mentalities. It is their grand children who are now uneducated and unemployed in Yorkshire. It takes many generations for change to happen and they need help.

no it doesn't- their children all received the same education as a white child- it is quite colonial to ascribe "illiteracy and third world mentality" to 3rd and fourth generation Pakistanis..............

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you're unemployed in the UK, why don't you get some legal aid and sue the job center?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is just more of Obama's war on White's in America. Its REPARATIONS they are after, any way they can get it.
If they can't get out of the GHETTO, then they will turn what isn't GHETTO into something that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Blatant discrimination imo, no doubt here.

To the OP, if you are serious about making a point out of this, why not apply for the help and force their hand into admitting that you do not qualify because of race.

It's one thing to display a "naughty" leaflet with obvious discrimination but explaining it as a proffessional is different. Insist on talking to people in charge and get support from others.

We still have blatant sexual discrimination here in France. Some of the large supermarkets have signs at selected cashiers that translate as something like "Pregnant women, handicapped persons and OLD WOMEN have priority". Pregnant women and handicapped...fair enough, but why is it necessary to have a vagina to have priority as an old person?

Traditionally the women did the shopping while men worked but in this day and age saying something like this is just plain wrong and goes against what so many claim to uphold.

Personally, I'd rather the sources of this discriminatory material (everywhere) keep it up, it is an excellent way to gain information as to who is big brother and who employs corporate mentality. I am racist and sexist sometimes as I'm entitled to these opinions, thoughts and beliefs. What I don't do is advertise them openly or apply them indescriminately.

OP....if you're serious about finding work, go straight to the source, eg: visit employers, I think you'd be surprised what cutting out the middlemen could do.

Good luck and let us know how you get on if you follow this up or get a job.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by stumason

The Irish came to by the way and the Irish were treated JUST as badly as all the other migrants, But you dont see me getting special treatment because my grandparents came over here for work in the 50's. The difference is that the Irish don't place the race card, they get the hell on with their lives.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I have seen it.

In the future, Caucasians will be a rare race, and then eventually turn into elves.

Yes!!!

I'm all for that one, bring it on!

There'll still be arguments though. Something like :

"How come it's only the whites that are turning into Elves?"

"Well it's obvious. The Elf gene is clearly racist."
edit on 7-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I agree! And us Irish are the European Blacks remember!

Also interesting add right now that 1/3 of young Irish are out of work, even though the majority have *mulitiple* degrees... All that free education, and nothing to do with it!

Thousands upon thousands are having to migrate abroad, just to find work, pretty soon the land of Ireland will be a ghost town!

Not that its much better over here, 1/4 young people unemployed!

I think a *successful* November 5th is in order

Ill par-take, any other volunteers? Lol...

ETA: its estimated that if current immigration breeding continues, us natives *will* be the minority in 2066!

I haven't had a child yet, ill be due to in about 5 years, I'm scared of bringing them into this world!
edit on 7-7-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join