It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Great more evidence against Americans, more $$$ being spent to insure that anyone who does not keep their heads in the sand are a threat to the terrorists who are juggling our rights and freedoms.

Reading the Op my blood pressure soared... Does that mean I too am suspicious?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Exaggerations and sensationalism.

Read the original source, and you will find on page 9 exactly the context which this came from. "Liberty lovers" isn't even in the document, of course.

The original source describes groups that feel they must be prepared for attack by becoming involved in paramilitary organizations. It goes on to say that groups "may also be reverent of individual liberty." So, that wasn't even the main point. That is an optional attribute they would consider. The main was the first I just described. The second was just an extra reason motivating such people.

It is a CLUSTER of things combined that they are describing. They are not listing people who love liberty as terrorists, unless you are expecting to be attacked and are planning to join a paramilitary group.

I guess that isn't nearly as dramatic, so AJ and friends will twist the report to make it click-worthy. Too bad it turns out to be a lie by the time it gets to us.

Where is the support for truth here? Do we only support truth and accuracy when it makes us feel better? The results of this overpriced study are ridiculous and do not identify the real terrorists, but they the report says is completely not what the title of this thread and AJ suggest. He omitted information, and thus formed a completely different picture that is a lie.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hell, they created Al-Qaeda and gave them weapons and millions of dollars.

They are now creating "liberty-loving terrorists".... when can we expect to receive the weapons and funding?

Is there something I need to sign?

I mean seriously.... let's get this out in the open. Everyone that is labeled as a terrorist according to their criteria should stand on one side. Everyone else that agrees with the ideology of the federal government can stand on the other. Each person on each side is allowed one close-combat weapon and we can fight this thing out. I'm confident that the majority of the military will be on our side.

We should not allow these pyschopaths in office to hide behind documents or "laws". We should not allow these freedom-hating TRUE terrorists to send the feds or police after us. They have already begun fighting, when are we going to stand our ground?

THEIR resistance should be futile!
THEIR freedom-HATING terrorist ways should be put on a list!
THEY should be brought to justice!

Happy Independence day?
THIS land is OUR land!
edit on 4-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the funny thing is

they know who the real terrorists are and so do we
eh eh

when the terror threat gets lame there will be stage attacks from space
with GMO pig/men as et's

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well the Homeland knows best....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
''welcome to the united snakes,land of the thief, home of the slave'' Brother ali,- uncle sam god dam, from the undisputed truth album.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Kudos to you for not being a mindless drone like a good portion of this site.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If all of ATS gets sent to a FEMA camp just imagine the quality of debates we could have without having to type.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

The most concerning thing about this, to me, is that one is now considered a terrorist simply for holding certain beliefs (in the absence of action).
reply to post by Liquesence

Well, I just finished a few years of psychology and any belief the government wants to target, will also be considered a mental disorder, they add new ones all the time.

Agreed, and this fits in the Orwell and fascist references.

Exactly what happened in 1984. :/

Any thought/belief that was not officially sanctioned was considered a mental disorder; a skewed view of "reality" that must be "treated." :/

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I just don't understand that DHS is saying in the long haul. That could also apply to them because they are not freedom lovers and that they are the terrorist in thinking it so. I wonder who is right or is it that no one wins in this case that you are a terrorist no matter what your beliefs are. That that is funny.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Are we really that surprised fellow ATSers? This country was founded on hypocrisy....Freedom for all (except blacks). Who do you think the FEMA camps are for? We havent been a free country since the Federal Reserve and Income Tax were put into policy...Land of the Sheep. Home of the Slaves.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Okay so what about all those papers that came out detailing a whole host of mundane things that could indicate a terrorist? Like having more than one mobile? Or buying your coffee with cash? Or wearing jeans. There was a bunch of papers about it. Have you seen those?

Obviously they will make it seem reasonable but eventually it wont matter if you have joined any kind of group!

Isn't being a returning veteran deemed as a terrorist threat too?

Edit: I'll grab a few links for you, here is one...

www.examiner.com...
edit on 4-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

Here is another..

projects.washingtonpost.com...

Alex jones only reports what is in the news and puts the pieces together... To be honest it seems as though you are struggling with doing just that.

Edit:3 What would be so bad about ordinary folks joining a group that wants to defend themselves anyway? Didn't the founding fathers say something like when political means are exhausted violent revolution is all thats left?

Wasn't america formed by violent revolution? 1776 ring any bells?

I don't even live in america, but I see nothing wrong with wanting to rid the government of criminals! Apparently you do? For god sake man they rig every damn election! They got it all sewn up! But you think you will beat them at their own game? Ha! Good luck with that one...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So this is the day. The day I found out I'm a terrorist.

Always knew it was a matter of time but didn't expect I'd find out on Independence Day.
edit on 4-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So these bastards that have to fill our heads with lies so they can pilfer our monetary funds for their bull# stereotyping studies that point a finger at us, when they are the ones that have been bringing shame onto our American culture and name? So they can lie, cheat and create bull# laws to incarcerate the lowest on the totem pole while billions upon billions are being stolen right out from under us? I think we all know who the cons really are here, so quit trying to create every way to hide like you have been doing because you won't stand up for your atrocious crimes against humanity, nature and our political and economical ways of life. #in' want to try me? Looks like the higher ups are getting mad because more and more are learning the truth to their backstabbing ways to invade country's to create private money laundering companies and schemes. So now they want to punish us all for their crimes! That's #ing bull#!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If all of ATS gets sent to a FEMA camp just imagine the quality of debates we could have without having to type.

You think? I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people yelling at each other saying "SOOOURCE!!!????" in an argument.

edit on 4-7-2012 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I wonder how many of the agents who work for them actually love liberty. I bet most of them do. This is pure propaganda and the people who will actually enforce anything will see right threw it.

The progressives want to push a agenda that will not work because of our constitution. They can try and try again but in the end that document will win.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
if this is true the goverment can call me a terrorists ,others will call me a patriot for the constitution, watch out for the event coming in october or if the olypics gets attacked, fight the government, POWER TO THE RESISTENCE!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here is a secret you will not see in the modern press. Homeland Security is nerds with guns. The FBI, ATF, ICE, and US Marshals will not be there for the dictorical Homeland Security when the call goes out. They are Americans and stand levels above Homeland Security.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresistance101
if this is true the goverment can call me a terrorists ,others will call me a patriot for the constitution, watch out for the event coming in october or if the olypics gets attacked, fight the government, POWER TO THE RESISTENCE!!!

Sounds like the Dark knight prediction. Will the stars dance? We actually need our government, I hate to tell ya. We just need to get back to what it truly should be about state rights and no needless wars.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It turns out that our forefathers were terrorists, and that the 4th of July is a terrorist holiday. I'd suggest not celebrating it.

Brilliant!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join