It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

Entitled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF), the study was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland. The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars.

The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

(Article)

(Source)

I'm glad the DHS is conducting such valuable research to help us discover the real threats to this country. It turns out that our forefathers were terrorists, and that the 4th of July is a terrorist holiday. I'd suggest not celebrating it. Also, stop visting or posting on ATS, as that is a very suspicious activity.

Just go about your daily lives as if nothing was wrong. Don't draw unnessasary attention to yourself. Remember: Slavery is Freedom.
edit on 4-7-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Welcome to Fascism 2012 !

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is nice to know that I am
considered a terrorist!

And here I spent 10 years if my life in service to my country.

You could just say "Thanks."
edit on 7/4/2012 by Submarines because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
According to this, I am a threat to national security.

And my teachers said I would never amount to anything.

Look who's laughing now!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I never had a doubt. I knew this from way back in 08. The movie Southland tales is a great insight to the America on the elite agenda. If they want to call me a terrorist, then so be it, I am proud to be a freedom loving terrorist. If they want to call us "terrorist" then perhaps we need to act like terrorist.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! ~ Patrick Henry

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Would love to hear what our Founding Fathers would say about where we have ended up.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They might as well go the full Monty and say all Americans are terrorist suspects.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! ~ Patrick Henry

Give me liberty or give me death! The quote of the day, yea?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Would love to hear what our Founding Fathers would say about where we have ended up.

That we did not listen to them and were stupid! (they did warn us after all!)

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." ~ Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I am a Patriot. Screw the tyrants!
edit on 4-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I would not be a happy camper if I weren't on some hit list somewhere
besides telemarketers!...deja vu?I think I posted this line before.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The most concerning thing about this, to me, is that one is now considered a terrorist simply for holding certain beliefs (in the absence of action).

On must think correctly to not be a "terrorist."

This, in itself, is the most frightening thing of all.

Agreed with another poster: Hello Fascism.

Orwell would be proud.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
LOOK!
If you know the history, Please do share.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This report has been out since January.

And Obama has not questioned this yet ??

It must be part of the Obama Campaign strategy.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just shows that, when it comes to understanding what 'terrorism' actually is the US remains absolutely clueless.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you are not on some kinda list of theirs, you are just lazy!
second

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is absurd. I want to say so much but hey I'm not a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

So was there a survey I missed or something?

These people doing these studies are all traitors.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Just shows that, when it comes to understanding what 'terrorism' actually is the US remains absolutely clueless.

I don't think they are clueless at all, I think they know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They must be scared that the truth does still has a chance to use the term 'terrorist' for those that look for it and not afraid to question authority.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join