It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I have done my homework. Pick up a bible, Christians do recognize the Old Testament otherwise it wouldn't be in the dam n book. I love how bible thumpers love to quote it when fighting the theory of evolution, and then blame it on Jews when it works against them. You are a hypocrite not a Christian. I am well aware of how harsh Shariah Law towards non-muslims, women, and people and general. But it will pass just as the Inquisition did in Spain, witch trials in the New and Old World, as well as the persecution of Communist right here in the good old US of A, all of which were instigated by Hardline Christians by the way. Christianity can trace its roots in blood just like nations Islam so show respect for someone who obviously has more knowledge of history, and probably more knowledge of religion. Young people of Islamic nations are already trying to break down this fundamentalism, as reports from multiple news and social networks have said. So stop war mongering and give people sometime to catch up to the modern world. Judgement of man is for God, not you.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Submarines

They have all the right in the world to close their territorial waters.

Its not territorial waters. See post 3 above.

UNCLOS
edit on 4-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Fair enough, but UNCLOS is only valid for UN member states so it's sort of a moot point anyway, much like the UN. Iran is likely to self revoke it's UN membership if it mines Hormuz anyways, making UNCLOS null and void to the country of Iran.

Fact is, the old and new enemies of the U.S. will put as much pressure as possible on the U.S. before November arrives. Obama asking Putin, via Medvedev proxy, to "just wait until after my election" showed all U.S. enemies that the head of the U.S. military is ill equipped to handle pressure before November. Peace through strength has turned into war through apology.

It's not Obama's fault though, I blame Snowflake.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

Do you even realise how bottlenecked the strait would become with only a 6 mile passage left?

And if it really comes down to war, i wouldn't be surprised if they would put up a full blockade.

These sanctions are cripling their economy and are simply an act of war. And why? Just because Iran wants technology that pretty much the entire world already has.

Why does Iran want anything to do with Nuclear energy? Aren't they sitting on a ocean of oil and natural gas? why is Iran being so shady about it's suppose peaceful nuclear program? Iran wants to annihilate Israel and any other nation that isn't Islamic they said it themselves and I bet yeah if Iran had the Nukes they would do it or give it to a Islamist terrorist to attack Israel or the U.S.A. and If you really think Iran is responsible and trustworthy with a Nuclear program then fine, but any normal person knows a nuclear Iran is a bad idea even IF it's for peaceful energy.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kyoiism

They want to destroy Israel.

Their weapon of choice will be small tactical nukes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kyoiism

Thats a good and a very simple question. If Iran gets it, the entire ME will be off to a nuclear arms race. The only islamist nation to have nukes is Pakistan (ofcourse it could have been the same scenario as iran) however thats a topic in itself. With the history of ME, the region can easily engulf itself into even more conflicts IMO.
edit on 5-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by kyoiism

Thats a good and a very simple question. If Iran gets it, the entire ME will be off to a nuclear arms race. The only islamist nation to have nukes is Pakistan (ofcourse it could have been the same scenario as iran) however thats a topic in itself. With the history of ME, the region can easily engulf itself into even more conflicts IMO.

If Iran get a nuke then i heard Saudi Arabia will just buy a few from Pakistan.

I'm surprised Israel hasn't already bombed Iran.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by kyoiism

If Iran get a nuke then i heard Saudi Arabia will just buy a few from Pakistan.
Thats just the tip of the iceberg
They'll all go for it once 1 of them gets it. Before you know it, it can very easily get out of hand as the big continent of Africa is down below which still needs a lot of political/economic work in many parts

edit on 5-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
People get all worked up because the U.S. has bases everywhere. When you are the most powerful nation in the world you get to do stuff like that. All the people on here hoping Iran actually stands up to America are going to be sorely disappointed. Iran will be crushed. Plain and simple.

Iran shouldn't make this move unless they want to be owned.

Truth is EVERY government in the world is corrupt. People just hate on the U.S. because they are the top dogs. Everyone hates the champ and loves the underdog. Really if another nation was in the U.S. position you all would be bitching about how evil that regime is.

My point is eventually Iran will get what it wants. Conflict. And then they will realize the mistake they made. Too late though I fear.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
neither Iran nor west will dare imposing their threats. oil is a hot spot no one will survive that.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Iran and north korea are really the last stumbling blocks in the nwo plan. We are going to take on iran i just hope iran dosn't do to much damage they are not a push over like iraq and lets hope isreal dosn't get deystroyed. this could spark ww3 if not done properly. anytime now it's should start does anyone wanna give some dates as to when?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Nothing more than sabre-rattling.

The Iran government can draft laws to their heart's content, but there is no way they would try to shut down Hormuz. Even if they closed their territorial waters, it would still leave a large shipping lane. It would take outright force to stop ships from passing through.

Iran may be reckless in their rhetoric, but they haven't done anything outward anywhere near the realm of stupidity required to blockade the Strait of Hormuz.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kyoiism

This post is so full of propaganda BS im not gonna bother saying anything else but:

"A nuclear Iran is a bad idea even IF its for peacefull purposes"

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This all saber rattling, this has gone on for years.....nothing is going to happen like the past.
If one rocket hit a U.S. base Iran would be turned into a parking lot.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by halincandenza
Nothing more than sabre-rattling.

The Iran government can draft laws to their heart's content, but there is no way they would try to shut down Hormuz. Even if they closed their territorial waters, it would still leave a large shipping lane. It would take outright force to stop ships from passing through.

Iran may be reckless in their rhetoric, but they haven't done anything outward anywhere near the realm of stupidity required to blockade the Strait of Hormuz.

Their plan is to run out and dump 5,000 mines in the straight of Hormuz.

It would take time to clear the straight if they did that.

----------
There is a pipeline going over to the Red Sea. That's Plan B for Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Not really.. The straights are an international waterway.

Your wrong here only part of it is international waters. All coastal states are entitled to claim coastal waters out to a 12 nautical mile limit, but the Strait is only 21 nautical miles wide at its choke point. The maximum either side could assert a right to is 10.5 nautical miles. So half of it belongs to Iran.

Wrong as well,
The Quoin Islands in the middle of the straits are Iranian territory.
Both inward and outward Traffic Separation Zones (traffic lanes to you land lubbers) are inside Iranian Territory.
So Iran could close its territorial waters any time it likes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MansPlaceNow

I have done my homework. Pick up a bible, Christians do recognize the Old Testament otherwise it wouldn't be in the dam n book. I love how bible thumpers love to quote it when fighting the theory of evolution, and then blame it on Jews when it works against them. You are a hypocrite not a Christian. I am well aware of how harsh Shariah Law towards non-muslims, women, and people and general. But it will pass just as the Inquisition did in Spain, witch trials in the New and Old World, as well as the persecution of Communist right here in the good old US of A, all of which were instigated by Hardline Christians by the way. Christianity can trace its roots in blood just like nations Islam so show respect for someone who obviously has more knowledge of history, and probably more knowledge of religion. Young people of Islamic nations are already trying to break down this fundamentalism, as reports from multiple news and social networks have said. So stop war mongering and give people sometime to catch up to the modern world.

Judgement of man is for God, not you.

Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: Χριστιανός Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion[2] based on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings.[3] It also considers the Hebrew Bible, which is known as the Old Testament, to be canonical. adherents of the Christian faith are known as Christians

If you claim to have done your homework, well you must have been sleeping in class. I wish to respectfully deny your ignorance. Christ is a role model for life. I am not a Bible thumper and my personal beliefs include evolution and creation. Christians are followers of Christ; see how those two words are alike. It does not mean to follow the Old Testament. I am a Christian not a hypocrite and I harbor no ill feelings towards the Jewish people, in fact I have sympathy for them we worship the same God. If you imply that Christianity can trace its roots from its own blood, I agree. Christians and Jews are probably the most persecuted religions ever why would that be.

If you are saying that given time Islam will pass, it has been 1400 years and we are still waiting. Communism is a direct threat to the American way of life, 100 years and it fizzled itself out, even communist cannot survive without capitalism. I think you should have respect for any entity that threatens our way of life, you don’t deserve to be an American. If you call drawing attention to the biggest threat the free world has ever faced warmongering so be it. I have the right to warmonger and to deny me that right is a violation of my civil rights, under the constitution NOT the quran

If you can point in the New Testament to all the people Jesus killed, raped, beheaded, or tortured, you would have grounds to call me a hypocrite.
Therefore, to set the record straight Islam considers Mohammed to be the role model of life and this is what he is:

a rapist
a pedophile
a mass murderer
a terrorist
a madman
a lecher
a cult leader
a misogynist
a looter
an assassin
a torturer
a narcissist
www.faithfreedom.org...

Text
If you do not like this site and want me to remove it, instead of acting as a bully or as a victim, disprove my charges against Muhammad logically. Not only will I remove the site, I will publicly announce that Islam is a true religion. I will also pay $50,000 U.S. dollars
The above challenge was issued in 2001 and it hasn’t been met yet. See the debates I had with Muslims. Also see the pathetic attempt of some Muslims trying to refute me here , here, here and here. Is that all the Muslim world can offer? Where are the scholars of Islam? Why such an important task is left to a bunch of amateurs who actually do more damage to Islam? Isn’t it time that the real scholars come forth and refute my charges?

Judgment is mine sayeth the Lord.
You do not even conceive what judgment he speaks of
The greatest honor for a Muslim is to die fighting for Allah
We should do the Christian thing and help grant our fellow man his wishes

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: /

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Kharg Island is a continental island in the Persian Gulf belonging to Iran. The island is located 25 km (16 mi) off the coast of Iran and 483 km (300 mi) northwest of the Strait of Hormuz. Administered by the adjacent coastal Bushehr Province, Kharg Island provides a sea port for the export of oil and extends Iranian territorial sea claims into the Persian Gulf oil fields.

As at 2012, the Kharg oil terminal is handling about 98% of Iran's crude exports.

Kharg_Island

Seems shutting the strait would end almost all Iran oil export.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

Originally posted by buster2010

Not really.. The straights are an international waterway.

Your wrong here only part of it is international waters. All coastal states are entitled to claim coastal waters out to a 12 nautical mile limit, but the Strait is only 21 nautical miles wide at its choke point. The maximum either side could assert a right to is 10.5 nautical miles. So half of it belongs to Iran.

Wrong as well,
The Quoin Islands in the middle of the straits are Iranian territory.
Both inward and outward Traffic Separation Zones (traffic lanes to you land lubbers) are inside Iranian Territory.
So Iran could close its territorial waters any time it likes.

Well, i found the Iranian Bandar Abbas Naval Base. That was easy.

I clicked the link that said - virtual globe trotting -.

It's like having my own spy satellite.

This would be easy. The frigates and destroyers are there.

Can we just start dropping bombs???

If we blow them all up will the Iranians just say nevermind?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Allah translates to God in English. What part of this don't you understand? Islam is included in the 3 Abrahamic religions. Muslims worship the same God that Jews and Christians worship. But really? Jews and Christians are the most persecuted religions ever? Did you fall asleep during history class when you were supposed to learn about the Crusades? Obviously not since you're so hell bent on recreating them. And Jews? Oh because they went through 6 years of Hitler? 6 years makes them the most persecuted religion ever?!

I'm not even Muslim and I can smell the hatred and propaganda. Just come out and say it? You hate Arabs. You hate brown people and you hate everything they stand for. If you're coming from a strictly Christian point of view, you really have no right to call out another religion for it's faults. This does make you not only a bigot and a racist, but a hypocrite and a liar. Stop spreading your ignorance and read a #ing history book.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap

Originally posted by Xcathdra

reply to post by Submarines

They have all the right in the world to close their territorial waters.

Its not territorial waters. See post 3 above.

UNCLOS
edit on 4-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Fair enough, but UNCLOS is only valid for UN member states so it's sort of a moot point anyway, much like the UN. Iran is likely to self revoke it's UN membership if it mines Hormuz anyways, making UNCLOS null and void to the country of Iran.

Fact is, the old and new enemies of the U.S. will put as much pressure as possible on the U.S. before November arrives. Obama asking Putin, via Medvedev proxy, to "just wait until after my election" showed all U.S. enemies that the head of the U.S. military is ill equipped to handle pressure before November. Peace through strength has turned into war through apology.

It's not Obama's fault though, I blame Snowflake.

Iran is not a signatory of the treaty and the UNCLOS means nothing since Iran has not ratified it!..mute point!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join