It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

There you go bigot and racist
Muslim is not a race
Islam is not a religion
You really should try to understand Islam
As so it has been claimed Islam worships the same God of Abraham
There are a number of peculiarities that are in question when it comes to Islam
Allah is also the name of an the Arabian moon god of Mohammed’s time
As far as Mohammed goes, the message of prophets does not change from one to another
Mohammed was kingpin when it comes to Jewish and Christian persecution
Mohammed killed thousands of Jews
The quran claims both Jesus and God are liars
So why don’t you quit scratching at the surface where you see what you are meant to see
Go do some digging and find out the truth, it will set you free

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: ,

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
The us isnt using military force to enforce the embargo. Iran can still do buisness with whom will take them without having to fear to be intercepted on the open sea.

I see people taking sides here, what about the Iranian people? Are they free under the current administration? Do they have a disfunctional democraty like many western countries? Or are they saddled with an even more oppressive regime?
edit on 4-7-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

People taking sides. Dammit, I wish this would stop. The facts are simple ones. There are no clean heroes or absolute villians in the present situation with Iran. It seems that too many people are just getting their kicks by playing yet another round of Blame America just because they can. Weak sauce.

Yes, American foreign policy is completely screwed up, often wrong headed, and to be changed when possible. But the defense of the Straits isn't America being the bad guy. It's America keeping an already shakey world economy from overnight collapse. Debate the wrongess of the imbargo if you'd like, or Iran's right to nukes, but it doesn't change the real world, right now effects. It's like debating whether or not your pregnant 16 year old should have been on the Pill or if her boyfriend is at fault for not wearing a condom. Yes, both are at fault, but placing blame doesn't do a damn thing to address the baby that's on the way.

Since none of us here can effect what the U.S. government is doing about this, or what the Iranian nutjobs are planning, I think the conversation would be more productive focusing on what to expect from the fallout ( perhaps literally) since we WILL be effected by that and might be able to prepare for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

There you go bigot and racist
Muslim is not a race
Islam is not a religion
You really should try to understand Islam
As so it has been claimed Islam worships the same God of Abraham
There are a number of peculiarities that are in question when it comes to Islam
Allah is also the name of an the Arabian moon god of Mohammed’s time
As far as Mohammed goes, the message of prophets does not change from one to another
Mohammed was kingpin when it comes to Jewish and Christian persecution
The quran claims both Jesus and God are liars
So why don’t you quit scratching at the surface where you see what you are meant to see
Go do some digging and find out the truth, it will set you free

Here I go speaking the truth.
I never said muslim was a race. I said arabs were a race.
Islam is a religion.
I do understand Islam just as I understand Christianity.
It's been claimed that Muslims worship the same God because it's true.
Like?
So?
And?
And so was the Pope during the persecution of anyone non Christian.
Please quote where the Quran calls Jesus and/or Allah a liar.
I would ask you to do the same.
I am not a Muslim. I do not follow a religion. But I will not sit here and tolerate people making fun of a minority on this website that is unable to represent itself. The warmongering and calls for bloodshed in the name of a stupid book needs to stop. Islam has it's problems, yes, but they are problems that can be fixed without a damn crusade. Learn to tolerate people that don't share your same views even if you don't agree with them.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You don’t know anything about Mohammed or you would have known he has installed Jew and Christian murder in the quran and sanctified by law of God in the quran. Since you don’t claim to have a religion you wouldn’t know. Islam serves a different God not, El. You are poorly uninformed. I never said a word against Aribics.
The Qur’an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam
The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers
The Qur’an states that Allah deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross.

quran.com...

4:157
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
4:158
Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

The Qur’an states that Allah helped spread Christianity
61:14
O you who have believed, be supporters of Allah , as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to the disciples, "Who are my supporters for Allah ?" The disciples said, "We are supporters of Allah ." And a faction of the Children of Israel believed and a faction disbelieved. So We supported those who believed against their enemy, and they became dominant.

Therefore, you see Jesus and God conspired against man and created a false religion known as Christianity
One was made to resemble Jesus; he was not crucified according to the quran. If I had some time to dig around in the hadiths I could show you they actually claim that Judas was crucified instead of Jesus.
He was not crucified but ascended into heaven unharmed.
God and Jesus conspired and lied together and started a false religion based on the resurrection
called Christianity
edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
They have all the right in the world to do this to be honest.

And it gives the western TPTB a good excuse to raise the gas prices instead of just opening the massive reserves they have.

Ow wait... they'll need those oil reserves for the coming war ofcourse

edit on 4/7/12 by Romekje because: typo

They have no right to close the straight because part of the straight is international waters. If they try to close the straight we will open it back up for them. My bet is that they won't close it

-Alien

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I know what I am talking about. There are plenty of Muslims on ATS.
Information in the hadiths is details that do not exist in the quran.
Muslims will tell you they are strong or weak depending on their immediate needs.
I wont clutter the board with anymore of this non-sense but
I will leave you with this little gem, the quran is full of them
It testifies to the wisdom of the prophet and his loving ways

A group of people from 'Ukl (tribe) came to the Prophet and they were living with the people of As-Suffa, but they became ill as the climate of Medina did not suit them, so they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with milk." The Prophet said, I see no other way for you than to use the camels of Allah's Apostle." So they went and drank the milk and urine of the camels, (as medicine) and became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and took the camels away. When a help-seeker came to Allah's Apostle, he sent some men in their pursuit, and they were captured and brought before mid day. The Prophet ordered for some iron pieces to be made red hot, and their eyes were branded with them and their hands and feet were cut off and were not cauterized. Then they were put at a place called Al-Harra, and when they asked for water to drink they were not given till they died. (Abu Qilaba said, "Those people committed theft and murder and fought against Allah and His Apostle.")

Sahih Bukhari 8:82:796

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey Submariner man! Yep! Cant wait to bomb the crud out of Iran! Will you be there as well? People like you stink. You are the woeful spineless humanity who allow pure hatred run rampant all in the name of your wrped politicl correctness.....You are the finger pointer and the last person to help another....Iran needs a real solid ass kickin and im looking forward to these haters being punched out. They are done threatening non Islam believers...you are scum. Bombs away baby. And Go USA! Hate me I love it!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
didnt they prepare to close it like 6 months ago? fear mongering much? i smell some good ol propaganda!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Xcathdra

Since you are tip toeing around I will ask again...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, you saying you explained it on other an other thread doesn't cut it.

I'm not as gullible as you are.

That's pretty sleezy of you that you edited that post while i was away the tried to act as if my reaction was to that post. Your whole post is corrupted. It was a two line post now it's half a page (after I replied to it).

wow... It was not edited. If you cant support your argument or refute facts you resort to the same tactics.. Accuse the poster of lying, changing their post etc... You are doing it in this thread and you have done it in others. You get called out, I provide you not once but twice with the source of info, and instead of admitting you are wrong you once again act childish and accuse people of doing something they have not done.

My post was not edited and your attempt to claim it was simply because you dont bother to read posts or do any research of your own is your problem, not mine.

What else can I school you on? Seriously let me know.. Based on your posts you seem to need a lot of help across a multitude of subjects.

As a reminder since it escapes you the topic is Iran and their governments vote to close the straights.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
Wrong as well,
The Quoin Islands in the middle of the straits are Iranian territory.
Both inward and outward Traffic Separation Zones (traffic lanes to you land lubbers) are inside Iranian Territory.
So Iran could close its territorial waters any time it likes.

Iran and Oman can close its territorial waters all it wants. The transit passage, 6 miles wide, is international waters and does not fall under Iranian / UAE / Oman territorial waters. So no, I am not wrong and my information is correct.

The Straights, the 6 mile wide lane, is international waters.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Im curious, what is the popular thinking on why we as the US sides with Israel? I have obviously my thinking, but what is shoved down peoples throats on CNN? I feel like there is no story for why we defend Israel, just that we do.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap
Fair enough, but UNCLOS is only valid for UN member states so it's sort of a moot point anyway, much like the UN. Iran is likely to self revoke it's UN membership if it mines Hormuz anyways, making UNCLOS null and void to the country of Iran.

While at the same time removing Russia and China as their allies while inviting the world to come kick their asses farther back into the stone age than what Iran is already at. So no, its not a moot point since Iran is a member of the UN and is a signatory to the UNCLOS treaties.

The straights are not territorial waters of Iran.

Originally posted by GenerationGap
Fact is, the old and new enemies of the U.S. will put as much pressure as possible on the U.S. before November arrives. Obama asking Putin, via Medvedev proxy, to "just wait until after my election" showed all U.S. enemies that the head of the U.S. military is ill equipped to handle pressure before November. Peace through strength has turned into war through apology.

It's not Obama's fault though, I blame Snowflake.

Obamas comments were in deirect relation to the missile defense program and nothing else. I can't stand Obamas policies however the one thing people can argue is he is willing to exhaust diplomacy before taking other actions.

Iran doesnt have the balls to shut the straights and if for some reason their balls descend and they foolishly close the straight they will be neutered in less than 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Since the straights are not in Iranian waters they can close their territorial waters all they want. Iran, like the US, is in fact a signatory to the treaty. Iran, like the US, have not ratified the agreement in their respective legislatures.

The US complies with all portions of the UNCLOS.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If they do this these are my suggestions.

1. USA destroy their One Lone Petro Enrichment Facility to Usable Gasoline and Diesel Immediately.

2. Light Up, all their Naval Ports

3. Open back up the OLD 1920's Oil Route from Saudi Arabia going thru ISRAEL.

4. Open Up the Anwar Alaska Oil Reserve and more in the state that have been figured to hold more OIL than all of Saudi Arabia.

5. Allow all Oil Permits to Process Mountain Rocky Deep Shale into Usable Oil.

6. Allow All of the Continental Deep Baakkan Oil Deposits under the Midwest and Mid Canada to be fully on market.

7. Allow All Safe Oil Drilling off both the Atlantic and Pacific Coasts.

8. Annex Mexico as a "Homeland Security Measure" and Double or Triple overnight the USA Proven Oil Reserves.

Do you hear that sucking sound???? Quiet, Listen Close,,,,, That is now the Sound of the 100,000 Ihmans in Iran who control the country whose Assholes have just closed so tight at reading this that all the Air around Tehran is being depleted.
edit on 6-7-2012 by davolobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

And it gives the western TPTB a good excuse to raise the gas prices instead of just opening the massive reserves they have.

They have no right to close the straight because part of the straight is international waters. If they try to close the straight we will open it back up for them. My bet is that they won't close it

-Alien

It is in our national waters and we can close it definitely, legally and logically. large ships can not pass near Oman.
moreover poor USA should go and exempte the other 10% of world from it's sanctions.
they have even not a permission to drink water unless the racist zhionists (those that killed that 3000 americans in 911 the killers of Rachel Aliene Corrie and americans soldiers on Liberty navy) permit them.
poor USA their presidents should beg AIPAC to let them become a president. if not they will be killed like Kennedy.
they have tested us many times. they and their master will not dare doing anything. do you forget the operation Eagle Claw. or how they supported Saddam and gave them chemical weapons to kill innocents!?
and then they came and overthrew their own slave as a hero!
who is alive and who is dead, who is strong and who is weak, who is independent and who is dependent
Poor USA!
they are enslaved by wrong masons they are helping their killers.
poor USA!
edit on 6-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by maes9

The 6 mile wide transit passage is not in Iranian territorial waters nor is it in Oman territorial waters.

Trying to assert jurisdiction over international waters is about as reckless as attempting to shut the straight down.

As for this -

Originally posted by maes9
It is in our national waters and we can close it definitely, legally and logically. large ships can not pass near Oman.
moreover poor USA should go and exempte the other 10% of world from it's sanctions.
they have even not a permission to drink water unless the racist zhionists (those that killed that 3000 americans in 911 the killers of Rachel Aliene Corrie and americans soldiers on Liberty navy) permit them.
poor USA their presidents should beg AIPAC to let them become a president. if not they will be killed like Kennedy.
they have tested us many times. they and their master will not dare doing anything. do you forget the operation Eagle Claw. or how they supported Saddam and gave them chemical weapons to kill innocents!?
who is alive and who is dead, who is strong and who is weak, who is independent and who is dependent
Poor USA!
poor USA!

.... its an excellent example of why Iran is in the situation they are in.

Words mean nothing unless they are backed up with action. A lesson Iran has failed to learn over the years, and it will cost them when that lesson is given to them.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kyoiism

Why does Iran want anything to do with Nuclear energy? Aren't they sitting on a ocean of oil and natural gas?

Russia and the US also have massive oil and gas reserves so if we were to use your logic, Russia and the US have no business using nuclear energy either.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

-Alien

Poor USA!
poor USA!

well I was excited when I wrote these sentences. I did not want to motivate any patriotism but this is what I really think about the situation in USA and of course we have our own problems.
ofcourse there is a narrow international passage in that strait and as I mentioned before I do not think neither Iran nor west can implement their threats. oil is dangerous. but Iran says that USA is imposing illegal sanctions and misusing the UN so they can implement their own illegal actions.
this is what they claim about the diplomatic hostages 30 years ago that was a counteract to coups that was supported by USA.
we do not need any nuclear bomb. we are in a big country in the middle of middle east with rich resources and population that is thirsty for improvment.
moreover Obama sent a letter to the president of Brazil. in this letter he wanted him to make an agreement with Iran to enrich 20% out of the country. Then they (Turkey and Brazil) came to Iran and this agreement got signed
but what then! USA just forgot everything, why!? because enrichment was not the problem, and the hidden groups just reseted the USA policies. then when we enriched to 20% for Tehran reactor (that is made in USA) ourselves again they said that "they are making nuclear bomb"!
this is that Apartheid regime of Israel which is distressed and sees that it's nuclear bombs can not save him. because it has something to hide. and because of his genocides, the hatred of him is boosting to moon.
and we believe that they are the real problem, they and the purpose behind it's formation.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

moreover Obama sent a letter to the president of Brazil. in this letter he wanted him to make an agreement with Iran to enrich 20% out of the country. Then they (Turkey and Brazil) came to Iran and this agreement get signed
but what then! USA just forgot everything, why!? because enrichment is not the problem, and the hidden groups just reseted the USA policies. then when we enriched to 20% for Tehran reactor (that is made in USA) ourselves again they said that "they are making nuclear bomb"!

A couple things to note -
While Iran did sign an agreement with Turkey and Brazil it did not address the issue raised. While the agreement was for Iran to send out uranium to be processed, the Iranians stated they would still retain their own enrichment programs. The move appeared to be nothing but appeasement with a backdoor built in that Iran hoped no one would notice.

Enrichment is the problem. Enrichment has always been the problem. Enrichment is still the problem. Enrichment is the center of this issue.

Iran signs nuclear fuel-swap deal with Turkey

Iran has signed an agreement to send uranium abroad for enrichment after mediation talks in Tehran with Turkish and Brazilian leaders.

Correspondents say the plan could revive a UN-backed proposal and may ward off another round of sanctions.

But the BBC's Tehran correspondent says the deal will be viewed with scepticism in Western capitals, as Iran says it will continue enriching uranium.

Wiki - Enrichment levels
* - Slightly enriched uranium (SEU) - concentration of 0.9% to 2% - Can be used in some heavy water reactors.

* - Low-enriched uranium (LEU) - concentration of 3 to 5% - Used in power generating reactors
* - Low-enriched uranium (LEU) - concentration of 12% to 19.75% - Used in old research reactors. Current research reactors have been designed to use LEU low oncentration.

* - Highly enriched uranium (HEU) - concentration of 20% and higher. 20% is enough for weapons usable (crude)

Wiki - Nuclear facilities in Iran
Iran has one research reactor in Tehran that was built in 1967. Instead of replacing the research reactor with a new research reactor that uses LEU, Iran decided to build a processing plant for heavy water. That goes hand in hand with a second research reactor Iran built, which they conviently forgot to declare to the UN. It was not until the site was exposed did they defend their actions.

Iran has a right to peaceful civilian nuclear energy and the West has stated this time and time and time again. The issue is the enrichment levels and the amount they are enriching. Power reactors, as stated above, are LEU and require a very limited enrichment level.

Enriching ALL of their uranium to 20% does not support their statements. Since they have one old and one new research reactor, which requires less than 20% enrichment, the amount and levels of uranium they are enriching goes beyond their domestic needs which again begs the question as to why?

However, everything they have been doing lends credence to the mindset that they are working on military applications. It does not help when they stonewall the IAEA and refuse to address concerns that have been raised.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

well please do not quote from BBC they are themselves part of the problem.
Tehran's treaty was canceled because west just made a colored revolution. and after the failure of colored revolution they thought that Iran was in need of 20% but Iran could not make and use it in Tehran reactor. after Iran made the 20% and used it in Tehran reactor now you see that they are sitting on the negotiation chairs. while the 20% enrichment is going on and getting stored.
despite these I think Tehran is ready to again negotiate over 20% enrichment. but I am sure that west will not never come to an agreement with Iran. and Iran will not never totally stop enrichment. I do not know how and when it will end.
moreover North Korea made nuclear bomb and aimed them towards USA. but the nuclear issue is harder about Iran just because it is in the middle east and near Israel !
agreement and peace is not good for Israel, whenever an agreement is close, it starts barking, it will sacrifice everything to reach it's satanic new world order. but these Jesus killers will not succeed.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join