It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It sounds to me like Iran is already backing down to stating that they will only take action if "countries DO anything" against their security or an actual attack.

"Senior MP: Regional States Able to Establish Security in Persian Gulf" (July 5, 2012)

"The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and the Iranian Army's missiles can target and destroy any threatening target in the region. Therefore, if hegemonic countries do anything against the security of the Persian Gulf, the Strait of Hormuz and Sea of Oman, they will definitely incur losses," Haqiqatpour said.

english.farsnews.com...

"IRGC Warns to Give Crushing Missile Response to Enemy Attack" (July 4, 2012)

The Islamic Republic's top military officials have repeatedly warned that in case of an attack by either the US or Israel, the country would target all American bases in the Middle East and close the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Do you seriously need to post that in every thread that includes Muslims?
Your subliminal hate messages are not that discreet.

I have not posted that to every thread, more important it looks to be humor, not hate.
Your are blinded by your abnormal sense of political correctness almost to the point of sympathizing with any enemy. I see two messages of hate. One that the US is a mass murdering empire and two, that you have been programmed to the point you will turn on your own kind and hate for light hearted humor. You are truly a programmed product of the system to the point of seeking to side you with your own enemy. The ayatollah needs more people like you to use your political correctness to help curb patriotism

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
reply to post by redneck13

I fail to see why the conflict in the middle east that has been going on forever is any of our concern? Why must American soldiers fight this war? Is this really about fear of America becoming muslim? Really? Bomb the brown people into submission to stop the spread of their evil religion? Do you understand how stupid that sounds? How childish that is?

...so really I wasn't too far off 3 posts ago when I said this was nothing more than the continuation of a 2000 year old holy war? Then I was told to shut up right? Silence the truth is it?

The problem is the fight is being brought to us. The problem is not a two thousand year old book but a fourteen hundred year old book. The same fourteen hundred year old book that was used to justify the first attack on our great nation over two hundred years ago. They have been at war with us since our inception

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
An alternative argument is that anti-American terrorism predated the rise of the United States as a global power and is justified by the Quran. This is exemplified by the events leading to the First Barbary War. Muslim pirates of Algiers, Morocco, Tunis, and Tripoli Barbary Coast had attacked, enslaved and held American merchant sailors for ransom, soon after the establishment of the United States of America in 1776 (see First Barbary War). These terrorist-type attacks predated any U.S. involvement in the Islamic world and occurred before the US had been involved in any overseas military action. In 1786, future U.S. Presidents Thomas Jefferson and John Adams met with Tripoli’s envoy to London, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman in an attempt to negotiate an end to the piracy.
Adams and Jefferson summarized their meeting in a letter dated March 28, 1786 to John Jay, the United States Secretary of Foreign Affairs:

"We took the liberty to make some enquiries concerning the ground of their pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury, and observed that we considered all mankind as our friends who had done us no wrong, nor had given us any provocation. The Ambassador [of Tripoli] answered us that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman (muslims) who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise."[20]
These diplomatic engagements suggest that a modern Jihad-like ideology existed prior to any U.S. involvement in the Islamic world, and that the Koran was used to justify this ideology.

Lets cut the head off the snake and quit chopping at the tail

some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.”

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Weekly Jihad Report
Jun . 23 - Jun. 29 Jihad Attacks: 50
Allahu Akbars*: 3
Dead Bodies: 280
Critically Injured: 413
*Suicide Attacks

Monthly Jihad Report
June, 2012 Jihad Attacks: 192
Countries: 24
Religions: 5
Dead Bodies: 1173
Critically Injured: 2266

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Originally posted by lokdog
Iran is like that little boy who keeps calling wolf. I predict this is more of the same on Irans part, global political theater.

The United States of Israel is like the class bully that keeps punching himself in the face and pointing at Islam.

You mean the U.S. is the bully going around the world punching everyone else in the face and doing it scott free because no country has the power to stop it?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
EACH STAR IS AN AMERICAN MILITARY BASE:

Turkey -
The US has no military facilities in Turkey - They are Turkish military instalations with use via NATO - No troops

Iraq - The US has no military presence left in Iraq - withdrawn at end of Iraq war - No troops

Saudi Arabia - The US removed all military assets in 2003 and like Turkey they are Saudi bases, not American. All that remains in the kingdom is an air attachment of non combat aircraft.

Oman - The US has no bases in Oman. The US airforce and Navy have an agreement with Oman to use 3 of their bases. They are Oman bases, not US and there are no troops present.

Bahrain - No US bases. Home of the US 5th fleet. The base used is Bahrains, not the US.

Kuwait - US presence at the request of the Kuwaiti government - Ground, sea and airforces are all present.

Pakistan - The US does not have any acess to bases inside Pakistan.

Afghanistan - US presence - all branches multiple bases.

Uzbekistan - Uzbek government requested US forces vacate the airbase. No US presence in country.

Kyrgystan - 1transit hub (not airbase) - US airforce. No ground troops

So no each star does NOT represent a US military base. They represent native military installations that the US has or is still using (see list above). Using the same flawed logic I can give you a duplicate map using Cuba, showing bases surrounding them. I can do the same with any country on the planet, providing a map like the one in this post.

Any other questions about facts on the map?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I still think the Iranian regime has more of a survival instinct for this to be anything but bluster. To close the straights would piss everyone off including China. Without a veto in the security council the Iranian regime's days would be numbered.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

I still think the Iranian regime has more of a survival instinct for this to be anything but bluster. To close the straights would piss everyone off including China. Without a veto in the security council the Iranian regime's days would be numbered.

IF Iran were to close the straights they would lose any support they had from Russia and China, since both nations would be affected by that action.

If Iran does close the straights there would be no need for a UN resolution as the action would fall under Section VII article 51.

As far as bluster vs actions the Iranians are backing themselves into the corner by constantly running their mouth on attacking / closing the straights. They have done this so much that I think, if the bill passes, they would have no choice but to follow through less they risk losing face to their own people or, worse yet, more radical / aggresive elements within their government decide to act in opposition to the ones who threatened then didnt follow through with it.

Iran is destablizing themselves...

The goal is to find a peaceful solution to the issue. With all of the preconditions being placed by Iran I dont see this ending in any other manner than armed conflict. Irans latest was to state sanctions must be lifted before they would discuss enrichment. The problem with that position is we discussed enrichment before the sanctions.

Every action by Iran to date on this issue screams obfuscation and hiding / stalling.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I want links for everyone of your baseless claims or it's just more of your lies.

We know your game by now.

You must have missed the other map I presented too...

nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com...

It's comical how you won't acknowledge posts that don't suit your agenda.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The U.S. has alot of bases around the world, what does that have to do with Iran closeing the straights?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Are you sure you are not talking about our "leaders" here in the USA as well. It would seem they do not care one iota what the American People want either and do as they please, while their criminal bankers and warmonger cronies continue to rape and steal from my tax dollars to fatten their wallets, as well as taking away our freedoms daily.

You'll have to pardon me, but "Our Government" certainly does not hold the moral high ground either based on many of their actions these last 30 years.

Also, while I do not side with Iran, I certainly do not side with our Government either, which does not a country make = USA. They do not represent the majority of American's.

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by Cassius666

These very nice IRANIAN AMERICANS have told me that the Iranian Leadership does not care what the people want but cares for only what they want or can STEAL FROM THE PEOPLE! There is a Massive Uprising that will occur again very shortly and if the IRANIAN LEADERSHIP were to do something as STUPID A CLOSE THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ....not only would the U.S. Military have to act but the NEW LEADERS OF A DEMOCRATIC REBELLION would be their to HELP!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I want links for everyone of your baseless claims or it's just more of your lies.

Do your own research as its the only way you will learn.
Here is the link to GlobalSecurity - Centcom operations
Here is the link to the DoD - Centcom - DoD Centcom Operations website

I have had this conversation before in other threads using the same map as well as the same claims by those who didnt bother to fact check their claims.

As for the lie comment I see once again instead of challenging the facts you attack the poster. Are you capable of discussing anything in a rational manner? Are you capable of doing any research on your own? The US uses the host nations bases. They are NOT US bases and as I pointed out the map you and others like to throw around is severely out of date as we no longer have a presence in most of those countries listed.

We know your game by now.

Yes yes my game of providing facts, sources and proper context to my posts. I know how annyoing that can be to people who dont do their due dilligence by checking the information they post as facts. For example your map. Sorry the truth is interfering with your agenda.

You must have missed the other map I presented too...

Being it has nothing to do at all with Irans parliemnt voting on a bill to close the straights I didnt feel the need to respond to it.

It's comical how you won't acknowledge posts that don't suit your agenda.

Again I provided facts and all you provide are accusations. I will respond to your posts that are actually on topic.

Are you really that scared that if you did your own research you would find out you are wrong? We could set up a grand tour for you to confirm the information and you would still refuse to believe it because it doesnt support your biased position.

You really need to quit being lazy and do some research.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm curious how people would feel if the current situation were reversed.
Let's say, the USA was surrounded by a hostile country with bases all over.
Bare with me for a moment, because I know our government would not even let that happen as has happened in the Middle East.

Then, lets say, the hostile country wanted to close the Panama Canal, and the country was also backed by countries with Nukes.

In Defense of the country, would you be willing to say screw it and use our nukes in defense, or let the hostile country take over? Where does one draw the line and say enough is enough, and not be held hostage by the threat of nukes?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Iran blocking the strait would be giving the warmongers another reason to bomb bomb Iran.
Iran blocking the strait would not be the cause of war though, because this chess game has been in play for some years now.

The warmongers will not be satisfied until there is a regime change in Iran.
Not blocking the straits, or giving up their nuke program would be sufficient because these are excuses to that end. Follow the pattern starting with Iraq, Libya and Syria.

Our founding father's warned us about getting into foreign entanglements, but people seem to never learn, so history repeats itself. But because, were the USA, it makes it ok, despite the fact the majority of the world's people disagree with what is taking place.

Those people that disagree with these wars are in the USA and in other countries, which goes to show the leaders of all these countries do not represent them.

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
90% of you people are delusional. There is a 6nm wide strip up the middle of the strait that is international waters . If Iran chooses to block the straight of Hormuz , including this 6nm wide strip , they would have to either build giant blockades or use force. Either of which are going to cause violence that none of us want. all for f-ing oil. wtf

edit on 4-7-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: edit to add link from 2 posts above

edit on 5-7-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Lannister

During the Reagan Administration the U.S. Navy during patrols of International Waters in and around the Strait of Hormuz...the U.S. Navy and several ships of were attacked by Iranian Speed Boats. The U.S. Navy attempted restraint...the Iranians proceeded to shoot.

The U.S. Navy destroyed a few of these boats as well as shelled and sent a SEAL Demolition Team to destroy an Iranian Oil Platform. These acts were started by IRAN.

Split Infinity

Go research the tankers wars, they were started by Iraq.

You can start at this ATS post on Tanker wars and follow the link there.
edit on 7/5/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

The problem with the hypothetical is it does not take into account government mindset. The US and USSR (Russia) used MAD - mutually assured destruction. They knew if nuclear weapons were deployed neither side would survive, and its that knowledge that kept the peace for the cold war.

When you add a government into the mix (Iran) with that type of mindset, the concept of MAD gives way to the concept of allowing a box of scissors to be left open in an insane asylum. All it takes is just one to cause massive problems.

Russia has recently begun reopening old cold war bases along the arctic. As I stated before we can take any country / alliance, display their bases and you will get the same skiewed view as the map in this thread. That map is not showing US bases, just as a map of Syria will not show Tartus as a Russian base. It is a Syrian base that Russians have access to under agreements.

Honestly speaking the map argument reminds me of the scene from the movie Canadian Bacon. Go to time index 3:21.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Since you are tip toeing around I will ask again...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, you saying you explained it on other an other thread doesn't cut it.

I'm not as gullible as you are.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Since you are too lazy to actually read I will post it again -

Do your own research as its the only way you will learn.
Here is the link to GlobalSecurity - Centcom operations
Here is the link to the DoD - Centcom - DoD Centcom Operations website

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
I'm curious how people would feel if the current situation were reversed.
Let's say, the USA was surrounded by a hostile country with bases all over.
Bare with me for a moment, because I know our government would not even let that happen as has happened in the Middle East.

Then, lets say, the hostile country wanted to close the Panama Canal, and the country was also backed by countries with Nukes.

In Defense of the country, would you be willing to say screw it and use our nukes in defense, or let the hostile country take over? Where does one draw the line and say enough is enough, and not be held hostage by the threat of nukes?

We are surrounded by a hostile country. It's called the Mexican drug cartel. The US Government does nothing. Instead of having our troops on OUR border, we have them half way across the world protecting Israel.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Good,Iran Good. Its time to teach the american Gorillas a lesson.Time to tell them that mass murder american empire cannot scare and cow the people of Persia.

link to American Guerillas? didnt think so...

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Submarines

They have all the right in the world to close their territorial waters.

yes... ONLY their territorial waters... not the 6 mile international water, and not the other half of the strait.

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Submarines

They have all the right in the world to close their territorial waters.

Exactly!

Israel gets away with illegal naval blockades on Gaza, so why can't Iran shut down their own territorial waters
?

The double standards held by some of ATS members baffles me.

link to Israel using illegal blockade?

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Iran must ask the syrians for biological weapons(camelpox) to be deployed in american and western cities.That would make sure that if West decided to invade and mass genocide in their lands,then Mutually assured destruction will take place.

bad idea

link to camelpox?

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by Cassius666

I dont hear or see any Iranians protesting about their leaders and you know what its not my business nor the business of my country.

i dont hear mexicans (in mexico) complaining either, doesnt mean it doenst happen...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Before I say this let me be clear that I am neither Christian nor Muslim, I don't believe in man made religion. But I want you to go and read the Koran. Read it and read the Bible right after. Back to front. You tell me how different these religions are. Stop speaking from a racist mainstream point of ignorance and go inform yourself. Are there radical muslims? Yes, just like there are radical Christians (crusades?) and radical Jews (Zionists). Seperate God from religion and what do you have? 3 groups of people that have killed in the name of their stupid book that is supposed to be about peace. So no I don't agree with your stance of preventative genocide in the name of cultural difference.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join