It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes9
well please do not quote from BBC they are themselves part of the problem.

Ignoring a media outlet because they are repoting on a topic that is not reported on in Iran does not make the BBC a part of the problem.

Tehran's treaty was canceled because west just made a colored revolution.

The reason the agreement was canceled is because it did not resolve the enrichment issues that were raised. The very same enrichment program the IAEA / UN are trying to get answers on.

and after the failure of colored revolution they thought that Iran was in need of 20% but Iran could not make and use it in Tehran reactor. after Iran made the 20% and used it in Tehran reactor now you see that they are sitting on the negotiation chairs. while the 20% enrichment is going on and getting stored.

Respectfully please do some research into the nuclear program. Civilian power generating reactors do NOT require 20% enrichment. New research reactors do not need 20% enrichment.

As for the negotiation chair comment that is nothing but a stall tactic - plain and simple.

despite these I think Tehran is ready to again negotiate over 20% enrichment. but I am sure that west will not never come to an agreement with Iran. and Iran will not never totally stop enrichment. I do not know how and when it will end.

Iran has stated recently they will not end their enrichment program, relying on the same disinformation by claiming the West is trying to prevent them from peaceful nuclear energy programs. The west has ststed time and time and time again they recognize Irans right to nuclear power.

The issue has been and still is the enrichment -
The levels they are enriching to.
The amount they are enriching far outstrips their domestic needs.
The manner they are enriching IE installations used for processing that were never disclosed to the IAEA as required. It was not until the West leaked the info on Irans secret facility that Iran started to backpedal and attempted to explain it away.

moreover North Korea made nuclear bomb and aimed them towards USA. but the nuclear issue is harder about Iran just because it is in the middle east and near Israel !

Any chance you get you and the others always bring Israel into the conversation as blame. North Korea withdrew from the NPT, which meant they could puruse nuclear weapons as they were no longer bound by the treaty. We still engage N. Korea along with Russia, China, Japan, South Korea in talks to give up their program. To date they have not because there is nothing preventing them from pursuing it.

Iran has the exact same option as N. Korea - withdraw from the NPT, boot out the inspectors, break the UN seals and develop a weapons program.

agreement and peace is not good for Israel, whenever an agreement is close, it starts barking, it will sacrifice everything to reach it's satanic new world order. but these Jesus killers will not succeed.

Yet all we see is Iran's leadership constantly calling for Isreals destruction, calling on groups to attack Israel and in exchange the Iranian government will support them.

Contrary to popular belief a person / nation does not have to be shot at first in order to take action to defend themselves. Even more so when Iran is as hostile as they are towards ISrael and the west. All a person needs to do is read Iranian media sources to see how belligerent Iran is.

The Iranian government thinks they are a lot more than they actually are and that is going to be their downfall.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

""'Respectfully please do some research into the nuclear program. Civilian power generating reactors do NOT require 20% enrichment. New research reactors do not need 20% enrichment.
As for the negotiation chair comment that is nothing but a stall tactic - plain and simple. """

well yes you are right and this is why Iran is ready to stop 20% enrichment. Tehran reactor is an old medicine research reactor and it's feul were even 90% but I think USA itself came and improved it to 20%.

"""Iran has stated recently they will not end their enrichment program, relying on the same disinformation by claiming the West is trying to prevent them from peaceful nuclear energy programs. """

well this is after 10 years that west accepts to declare these sentences. they would be glad to stop even academic subjects in this field.

"""Any chance you get you and the others always bring Israel into the conversation as blame. North Korea withdrew from the NPT, which meant they could puruse nuclear weapons as they were no longer bound by the treaty. We still engage N. Korea along with Russia, China, Japan, South Korea in talks to give up their program. To date they have not because there is nothing preventing them from pursuing it. """

well you mean the only way is that Iran withdraws NPT and makes a Nuclear bomb! do you know what will happen then. all of independent countries will want to withdraw NPT and then world would be even worse! enrichment is Ok under NPT.

"""Yet all we see is Iran's leadership constantly calling for Isreals destruction, calling on groups to attack Israel and in exchange the Iranian government will support them.
Contrary to popular belief a person / nation does not have to be shot at first in order to take action to defend themselves. Even more so when Iran is as hostile as they are towards ISrael and the west. All a person needs to do is read Iranian media sources to see how belligerent Iran is. """

The occupied lands is convicted many times in the UN and even by jews reports for it's genocides.
of course when they threat us we will threat them. they should go back to their homes and let the real palestinians make their own government throughout the real Palestine with fair election and including the christians ,muslims and jews that are really from Palestine.

Israel history and the purpose behind it's formation by UK is not a mystery nowadays. and it is in pursuit of a satanic new world order. that it is nothing but the empire of anti_christ!!!!

edit on 6-7-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
As far as the inbound part of the straits they have every right to close because it goes into their coastal waters. But commercial ships that aren't hostile to Iran has every right to use the straits as marine law dictates.

Which "marine law" specifies that only nations friendly to Iran are able to use the straits?

And any country that supports sanctions against Iran are committing an act of war against Iran so they have every right to close it to them.

I think if they close the straights - and that's a VERY big "if" - you'll gain a whole new perspective on what the phrase "act of war" REALLY means.

OT
Imo anyone who supports Americans getting killed for oil is an idiot who should be forced to go over there and fight the war. If we were to do this people wouldn't be screaming for war so much.

"Screaming for war"? Do you mean like the Iranian government, beating war drums to close an international waterway? I think most of them are already IN Iran...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrishJihad

Ain't that the truth
Nicely put.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by buster2010
As far as the inbound part of the straits they have every right to close because it goes into their coastal waters. But commercial ships that aren't hostile to Iran has every right to use the straits as marine law dictates.

Which "marine law" specifies that only nations friendly to Iran are able to use the straits?

And any country that supports sanctions against Iran are committing an act of war against Iran so they have every right to close it to them.

I think if they close the straights - and that's a VERY big "if" - you'll gain a whole new perspective on what the phrase "act of war" REALLY means.

OT
Imo anyone who supports Americans getting killed for oil is an idiot who should be forced to go over there and fight the war. If we were to do this people wouldn't be screaming for war so much.

"Screaming for war"? Do you mean like the Iranian government, beating war drums to close an international waterway? I think most of them are already IN Iran...

hey we did not start the oil war. this game has no winner. unless Israel that is a parasite which is fed by USA!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

A minor flaw in the edit tag is the lack of a time. Maybe a mod will pass that on as a suggested mod.

An edit within a minute of two is usually a typo fix. Edits much later might mean context changes.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
Im curious, what is the popular thinking on why we as the US sides with Israel? I have obviously my thinking, but what is shoved down peoples throats on CNN? I feel like there is no story for why we defend Israel, just that we do.

There is no reason. Not one person has ever been able to give me a single reason aside from "aw poor jews went through 6 years of hell". Israel is called an ally yet does abslotely nothing for us. We send them billions of dollars in foreign aid while our own people get thrown out their house and sleep on the street. So we bankrupt our economy, send our children and tax dollars and push constant propaganda while they lobby our politians for what? Someone give me a reason other than "aw poor Jews"!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

hey we did not start the oil war. this game has no winner. unless Israel that is a parasite which is fed by USA!

I didn't mean "you" unless you are Iranian government, as I specified. Israel is not threatening to close the Straights, so they are moot in this particular discussion. There is a whole lot of desert between Israel and Hormuz.

You're right, the game has no winner, but it potentially has a whole lot of losers, which is why I wonder why they are playing it at all. Someone, some where, HAS to think their is a prize to be won, and I think they will be disappointed with the smoking ruins and severely damaged oil production they get.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Like I have stated before...I do not believe IRAN to be STUPID enough to attempt a Closing of the Strait of Hormuz...nor do I think Iran has any ability to carry out this threat. Actually...I do not just Believe they do not have the ability...I KNOW THEY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY.

For Iran to attempt any closure of the Strait or do anything to the effect of Picking and Choosing which Nations Tankers could traverse the Strait...would force the U.S. Military into action and folks...I am hoping this does not happen because the U.S. Fifth Fleet unto itself could completely WIPE FROM EXISTENCE THE ENTIRE IRANIAN AIR FORCE AS WELL AS THE ENTIRETY OF THE IRANIAN NAVY...BOTH SURFACE SHIPS AND SUBS.

It would be a BLOOD BATH we could do without. The U.S. MUST continue to have direct secret Military to Military Talks just as was done during the Invasion of Iraq. This saved the lives of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF IRAQI SOLDIERS. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister

Im curious, what is the popular thinking on why we as the US sides with Israel? I have obviously my thinking, but what is shoved down peoples throats on CNN? I feel like there is no story for why we defend Israel, just that we do.

There is no reason. Not one person has ever been able to give me a single reason aside from "aw poor jews went through 6 years of hell". Israel is called an ally yet does abslotely nothing for us. We send them billions of dollars in foreign aid while our own people get thrown out their house and sleep on the street. So we bankrupt our economy, send our children and tax dollars and push constant propaganda while they lobby our politians for what? Someone give me a reason other than "aw poor Jews"!

It does not matter what you think about Israel, she is the trigger. A line must be drawn

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Has the makings of a new canal being built in the near future!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LaEuro

We would be interested in bidding the job. If you want it mil spec, we are certainly more than able to provide that by request, with notable references.
Our current project will soon be entering the demolition phase. After that, we will have ample manpower available to complete the necessary work in a timely matter. Thanks for keeping us in mind.

forum.bismikaallahuma.org...

Saudi royals destroying home of Muhammad
TAREK FATAH

Something is rotten in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. But let me come back to that later.

In December 1992 a mob of 150,000 Hindu nationalists attacked a 15th-century mosque in the Indian city of Ayodhya. Within hours, the mosque was reduced to rubble and in the weeks to follow, thousands of Indians died in Hindu-Muslim riots.

The Muslim world reacted in outrage. Among the countries that expressed anger at the destruction of the centuries-old Indian mosque by Hindu extremists was Saudi Arabia. Here in Canada, imams gave fiery sermons and urged congregations to protest.

Although more than a dozen years have passed since the destruction of the mosque, there is still bitterness in the air. Muslims worldwide feel a sense of betrayal and impotence at not being able to control their own destiny and protect their historical religious sites.

However, a Muslim site far more significant than the Babri mosque is facing destruction, but there is barely a murmur in protest. The site is none other than the home of Prophet Muhammad in the city of Mecca.

The demolition of Muhammad's 1,400-year-old home is not going to take place at the hands of non-Muslims or some occupying western army, but by the very people who have taken the title as protectors of Islam's two holiest mosques in Medina and Mecca: the Saudi royal family.

What makes this demolition worse is the fact that the home of the Prophet is to make way for a parking lot, two 50-storey hotel towers and seven 35-storey apartment blocks; a project known as the Jabal Omar Scheme, all within a stone's throw of the Grand Mosque.Anyone who wishes to see this process reversed will see the assault rifle of an American Marine shoved down his throat

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Originally posted by Lannister

It does not matter what you think about Israel, she is the trigger. A line must be drawn

Why? Because the book says so?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

Take the book out of the equation and think about the reality

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

"a keeper of the book"

You first.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Not really.. The straights are an international waterway

How is it an international waterway.. Its only about 20 miles wide at its small point.. Coastal states are allowed to claim about 12 miles out..

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join