It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The bottom line in all that is taking place Xcathdra, is that we have no business being over there in accordance with what is just and moral and in the spirit of our founding fathers.

Our founding fathers warned us of foreign entanglements because it is never ending as we can see, it steals our wealth to make a few rich and does nothing for the common man.

Before you say that we need that oil in the world markets, I want to ask if you believe in personal responsibility?
A responsible country such as ours would be seeking alternative forms of energy to support ourselves and be free from having to rely on foreign sources.

If you say it is not about oil, it must be about baby sitting other countries that need to be responsible for themselves and not stealing my wealth and fellow American's lives to prop them up.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

The bottom line in all that is taking place Xcathdra, is that we have no business being over there in accordance with what is just and moral and in the spirit of our founding fathers.

Our founding fathers warned us of foreign entanglements because it is never ending as we can see, it steals our wealth to make a few rich and does nothing for the common man.

Before you say that we need that oil in the world markets, I want to ask if you believe in personal responsibility?
A responsible country such as ours would be seeking alternative forms of energy to support ourselves and be free from having to rely on foreign sources.

If you say it is not about oil, it must be about baby sitting other countries that need to be responsible for themselves and not stealing my wealth and fellow American's lives to prop them up.

We don't even need to worry about alternate energy yet either. Look into new ways, yes, but it's not something that needs to be done right now. We have enough oil if we would just drill our oil here in America or Canada. With that said, everything else you said is spot on. We need to stop playing world police man and stop baby sitting other nations and actually focus on America. Bring the troops home and put them on our border. Let's nation build America instead of Afghanistan. If Israel wants to "defend itself" let them. They have the nukes to do it. Let them deal with their own problems and stop using US soldiers, tax money and politics to get what they want.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
reply to post by redneck13

Before I say this let me be clear that I am neither Christian nor Muslim, I don't believe in man made religion. But I want you to go and read the Koran. Read it and read the Bible right after. Back to front. You tell me how different these religions are. Stop speaking from a racist mainstream point of ignorance and go inform yourself. Are there radical muslims? Yes, just like there are radical Christians (crusades?) and radical Jews (Zionists). Seperate God from religion and what do you have? 3 groups of people that have killed in the name of their stupid book that is supposed to be about peace. So no I don't agree with your stance of preventative genocide in the name of cultural difference.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

very well put, i totally agree, not to mention the fact that the people doing the killing are doing so in the name of the book, that man wrote in the first place, NOT their God.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Before I say this let me be clear that I am neither Christian nor Muslim, I don't believe in man made religion. But I want you to go and read the Koran. Read it and read the Bible right after. Back to front. You tell me how different these religions are. Stop speaking from a racist mainstream point of ignorance and go inform yourself. Are there radical muslims? Yes, just like there are radical Christians (crusades?) and radical Jews (Zionists). Seperate God from religion and what do you have? 3 groups of people that have killed in the name of their stupid book that is supposed to be about peace. So no I don't agree with your stance of preventative genocide in the name of cultural difference.

I understand you are non religious, you and your Islamic radical buddies have brought up the term genocide. That word was not used by me, it was used by you to justify your own agenda.Nobody wants war except Allah.

Reading and understanding the quran would be useful to you to help your understanding of what is going on
The Quran contains at least 164 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter
www.yoel.info...

Text

Jihad Verse Selection Criteria
Each of the 164 Jihad verses in this list was selected based on how clearly and directly it spoke about Jihad, at least when considered in its immediate context. Most of the listed passages mention a military expedition, fighting, or distributing war spoils. Verses NOT generally listed are those that speak about aspects of Jihad other than the raiding, fighting and looting, such as:

Muhammad's poor opinion of those who did not go on Jihad, even though they were able-bodied and able financially (for instance, some verses in K 009:081-096),
The heavenly rewards for Jihadists, and
The many generic mentions of "victory" found in the Koran

The Koran’s 164 Jihad Verses: K 002:178-179, 190-191, 193-194, 216-218, 244; 003:121-126, 140-143, 146, 152-158, 165-167,169, 172-173, 195; 004:071-072, 074-077, 084, 089-091, 094-095,100-104; 005:033, 035, 082; 008:001, 005, 007, 009-010, 012, 015-017, 039-048,057-060, 065-075; 009:005, 012-014, 016, 019-020, 024-026, 029,036, 038-039, 041, 044, 052, 073, 081, 083,086, 088, 092, 111, 120, 122-123; 016:110; 022:039, 058, 078; 024:053, 055; 025:052; 029:006, 069; 033:015, 018, 020, 023, 025-027, 050; 042:039; 047:004, 020, 035; 048:015-024; 049:015; 059:002, 005-008, 014; 060:009; 061:004, 011, 013; 063:004; 064:014; 066:009; 073:020; 076:008

Bother to check the facts before you seal your childrens fate

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When will people learn. Islam is NOT a religion but a complete 100% system of control

Islamization of Paris a Warning to the West.

Uploaded by 3000ante on Sep 13, 2010

Wake up Christian Europe. Fight against Islam, the religion of Satan

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
As far as the inbound part of the straits they have every right to close because it goes into their coastal waters. But commercial ships that aren't hostile to Iran has every right to use the straits as marine law dictates. And any country that supports sanctions against Iran are committing an act of war against Iran so they have every right to close it to them.

OT
Imo anyone who supports Americans getting killed for oil is an idiot who should be forced to go over there and fight the war. If we were to do this people wouldn't be screaming for war so much.

Can't fault that logic. Well argued.
No to war.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You also accused me of racism Islam is not a race although Islam is extremely racists
You are blinded by your political correctness
Thinking of a vacation in France
Enjoy your vacation

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thinking about changing your vacation plans to Norway?
If your wife or girls blonde
They need to die their hair black and pack a burka

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yeah I believe I read last year that the Iranians would have the ability to close of the Strait of Hormuz for only a month or two if that. Of course, that does not entertain the possibility of others entering the standoff. I really hope none of this happens. Iran isn't Iraq and definitely not Afghanistan. The West can not afford a war with them. Its only a matter of time before China and Russia start supporting these nations that we seem so dead set on p*ss*ng off.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sharia Law is nothing more than the law of the land in question which is based on nothing more than an "eye for an eye" system. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Islamic religion. Sharia Law is also not the same in all situations or nations. Some Islamic nations don't even use Sharia Law while others enforce it strictly (most muslims don't even agree with the sticter versions of the law). The fact is, you can have an Islamic nation without Sharia Law and therefore it is not part of the religion.

With that said, like it or not, we have freedom of religion in this country. Just because you hate people for being muslim doesn't mean you have the right to threaten muslims or force them to convert to your religion of choice. We can however restrict Sharia Law and the implementation of it within Western culture and the fact is, it is the fault of Western nations like France and Great Britian that Sharia Law is even a threat. Infact, as long as the Constutition remains the law of the land within the United States, it is impossible for Sharia Law to ever be law in America.

You can sit here and call for your crusade all you want, but at the end of the day, the American people are not behind you. Americans would rather stick to our roots, the constitution and worry about our own country than fight some holy war half way across the world.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pick any country with Muslims population above 15%
I doubt if you will plan a vacation there
Keep ignoring this and the ethnic cleansing will make the holocaust look like a barroom brawl

Vacationing inUK? think again

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yeah redneck13 you should go read the old testament and tell me how many verses reference to war with non-believers. I believe in God but I cannot deny the huge similarities between Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. They are all cut from the same cloth. Wake up people.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How long will they be able to keep it closed if they even try to? I think too many countries rely on the regions oil to let one country hold everybody hostage.

I thought Iran wants to be seen as the good guys?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Okay, I will. Istanbul. I don't know about others, but the beautiful blue waters within this amazingly historical city just seems like an awesome place to take a vacation. But 97.8% of the population of Turkey is Muslim. Do they have strict Sharia Law forcing their population to live in caves?

Turkey strives for 21st century form of Islam.

Nope.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MansPlaceNow

Christians don’t base their life on the old testament
Not the same cloth, not the same God
Your wrong, you need to do your homework
Mohammed created sharia as he created the quran
Eventually there will be no freedom of religion in this country if the situation is left unabated
I don’t hate anyone for being Muslim; I hate Islam for its encroachment into the rest of the world
Sharia in the USA ridicules

If nothing is done by this time next year you will change your tune
try to educate yourself
the quran has nothing to do with religion

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by MansPlaceNow

Christians don’t base their life on the old testament
Not the same cloth, not the same God
Your wrong, you need to do your homework
Mohammed created sharia as he created the quran
Eventually there will be no freedom of religion in this country if the situation is left unabated
I don’t hate anyone for being Muslim; I hate Islam for its encroachment into the rest of the world
Sharia in the USA ridicules

If nothing is done by this time next year you will change your tune
try to educate yourself
the quran has nothing to do with religion

It actually is the same God. Allah literally translate to God in English which is the same God Christians worship. Muhammad was a prophet not a God. To be honest, the only real difference between Christianity and Islam is that Muslims believe Jesus Christ to be a prophet while Christians believe him to be the literal son of God. There really isn't much more of a difference. Infact, I would say Islam and Christianity are more similar than Christianity and Judaism.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Libya was also a very progressive Muslim Nation, who knows what itll turn into now though.
Egypt, wasnt that sound economically but at least it was safe for westerners to visit, again, who knows now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Submarines

No because NATO will make sure of that, right?

Bet you just can't wait for bombs to start flying.

Correction. Bombs are flying. Have been for almost 15 years straight. Day after day after day.

BUT. until one lands on your head, YOU will ignore the atrocities to humanity. Or atleast do Nothing about it.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

ONLY a true SHEEP would be so daft to think we WANT war.

DROP THE #ING BOMBS ALREADY.

BECAUSE IM TIRED. SOO VERY TIRED, OF LISTENING TO SLAVES DEFEND THEYRE MASTERS.

WAKE THE HELL UP. OR STAY ALSEEP FOR GOOD.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Since you are tip toeing around I will ask again...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, you saying you explained it on other an other thread doesn't cut it.

I'm not as gullible as you are.

That's pretty sleezy of you that you edited that post while i was away the tried to act as if my reaction was to that post. Your whole post is corrupted. It was a two line post now it's half a page (after I replied to it).

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Okay, I will. Istanbul. I don't know about others, but the beautiful blue waters within this amazingly historical city just seems like an awesome place to take a vacation. But 97.8% of the population of Turkey is Muslim. Do they have strict Sharia Law forcing their population to live in caves?

Turkey strives for 21st century form of Islam.

Nope.

Islam is a religion of peace....if your a Muslim..... duh

Diba is a Christian who left Turkey 23 years ago after Muslims killed her brother. Today she returns , hoping she can live there in peace. What she finds is a smaller Christian community still living with fear and uncertainty?

"It was much better here before. We were with thousands. All churches were full. But now our people are gone", says Diba as she pores over her photos of a now disappearing culture. Her face expresses the immeasurable sadness of a vanishing people. Despite her return the future looks bleak for the remaining Assyrian Christians in Turkey. While Turkey claims to be a secular country intolerance still abounds. "What the issue is here, is that there is no real mentality of freedom of religion. There is just one religion here, Islam".

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join