It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Iran is like that little boy who keeps calling wolf. I predict this is more of the same on Irans part, global political theater.

Iran has backed themselves into a corner. With all the publicity they have made about what they will do if the EU stops buying Iranian oil, they are faced with 2 problems.

If they make a promise and dont act, then they are pretty much screwed since they will lose face with their own people and allies. The fact their own parliment is going to pass a law to shut the straights forces their situation. If it passes they either follow through or lose face.

If Iran is going to send out invitations to their party they better well know what they are getting themselves into before dropping the invites in the mail.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Xcathdra

NATO will attack a nation who does not comply with the sanctions.

Sanctions are an act of war and constitute an attack in itself. How would you like it if I would not allow you to get to work or conduct your business outside of your home and close of all your business channels not enabling you to make a living?

Sanctions are not an act of war and simply repeating it over and over while ignoring the facts doesn't make it an act of war. I posted the info on how international law and freedom of navigation works.

I covered my opinions and reasons for them in the previous response but I'll cut & shut this part for you and you are correct just repeating something doesn't make it true anymore than a corrupt organization of bullies putting it on paper makes it so.
Sanctions are designed to FORCE a country to submit to your will, not exercise your right to free trade I would put it in an easier to understand format but I'm all out of crayons and scrap paper.
If you disagree the please explain and I hope you have something more to base the theory on than some polished turd of a document that means as much as any other polished turd created by criminals acting for their own selfish interests.

There are sanctions and then there are the sanctions America imposes, the later would me war without question if it involved any of the big players go on try and deny it. Lets see how this would play out if you replaced Iran with the UK or China, If you replaced Iran with the US it would of been considered an act of war long ago, even a monkey could work that out.

Didn't America come within a heart beat of destroying the world cause someone put some missiles in a neighbouring country, wonder how that would of turned out if they imposed sanctions on America at the same time.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
As a reminder to certain people the thread and topic is about Iran's parliment voting to close the straights. It has nothing to do with Israel and the constant attempts to deflect and drag the conversation off topic is not going to work.

Are you guys that incapable of discussing a topic without resorting to the typical deflection that is common from certain arab / persian countries.

Focus and please remain on topic. There are plenty of other I hate the US / I hate Israel / I hate the Zionists / I hate the Jew threads you guys can go sound off in.

Topic -
Iran parliment voting to close the straights.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've ran out of crappy movies to download from TPB already, watching Iran have it's ass handed to them live on TV would be the best entertainment since the "shock and awe" campaign and opening salvos of cruise missiles and 2000lb LGB's hit Baghdad back in March 2003. The brain-dead troglodytes in Iran deserve a huge dose of military supremacy.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

The UN/US don't have the right to sanction Iran in advance over Nuclear Weapons. The UN/US do not have the right to stop a sovereign nation from persueing nuclear energy especially when the ones dictating already have an arsenal of nuclear weapons... But they still do.. I hope they close it..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This feels very much like the tipping point. Tomorrow comes out the jobs report, which was moved back til after the Holiday, not announced on the 1st, as usual. The ports will close Friday, and we will sit and brew over the weekend, and as a rallying call to the markets, the US will intervene and BAM

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
I covered my opinions and reasons for them in the previous response but I'll cut & shut this part for you and you are correct just repeating something doesn't make it true anymore than a corrupt organization of bullies putting it on paper makes it so.

Yet here you are, same thing voer and over while ignoring the facts that does not support your position.

Sanctions are designed to FORCE a country to submit to your will, not exercise your right to free trade I would put it in an easier to understand format but I'm all out of crayons and scrap paper.

Again Iran refuses to trade with Israel. Sanctions are not an act of war and in this case countries opted not to buy Iranian oil. Iran is not being prevented from selling their oil and there are nations who are still buying from them.

If you disagree the please explain and I hope you have something more to base the theory on than some polished turd of a document that means as much as any other polished turd created by criminals acting for their own selfish interests.

I ahve already posted my info and sources to support my position. Please go back and read them before making a claim you cannot support.

There are sanctions and then there are the sanctions America imposes, the later would me war without question if it involved any of the big players go on try and deny it. Lets see how this would play out if you replaced Iran with the UK or China, If you replaced Iran with the US it would of been considered an act of war long ago, even a monkey could work that out.

Again had you done any research you would see the US has placed Chinese items under sanction, and the EU has done the same to the US.

While I understand where you are coming form, as I have read the same incorrect comments from some others in this thread, it doesnt change the fact Iran can seel oil to whomever they wish. Countries can buy Iranian oil whenver they wish.

Didn't America come within a heart beat of destroying the world cause someone put some missiles in a neighbouring country, wonder how that would of turned out if they imposed sanctions on America at the same time.

If you are going to invoke American history you should educate yourself on the specific incident before trying to use it as an example that does not apply at all.

Again, Iranian parliment is voting on a bill that if passed calls for the straights to be closed. In order to close the straight they have to not only shut down the 6 mile wide international waters, but Oman / UAS waters as well.

Amazing you guys ignore those facts while trying everything in your power to shift the focus away.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Good,Iran Good. Its time to teach the american Gorillas a lesson.Time to tell them that mass murder american empire cannot scare and cow the people of Persia.

heheheheheheheheh

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Submarines

The UN/US don't have the right to sanction Iran in advance over Nuclear Weapons. The UN/US do not have the right to stop a sovereign nation from persueing nuclear energy especially when the ones dictating already have an arsenal of nuclear weapons... But they still do.. I hope they close it..

the US and other sovereign nations have every right to determine who they will and will not buy items from. The nations on the list are opting not to buy Iranain oil. That is a result of Iran ignoring the fact they are a signatory to the NPT / IAEA and all that entails.

The US and other Western nations have stated time and again they recognize Iran has a right to peaceful nuclear power, and that has never been an issue. Iran on the other hand ignores that wording and sticks to the typical lie of the US / West trying to deny them nuclear power.

Iran has absolutely no program in place that requires a 20% enrichment. 20% is the baseline to be considered HEU and is also the minimum threshhold needed to create a nuclear reaction.

Their enrichment program and their refusal to allow it to be monitored is the problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

You people are sick in the #ing head you know that? When is the last time Iran attacked someone? Leave the Arabs the # alone and they won't close the straits or threaten Israel (the nation most people in this thread care more about than their own country). It is not off topic to talk about the cause of the issue you want to discuss. How about instead of calling people anti american for wanting our troops to come home you grow the hell up and discuss an issue that actually matters? Sheep.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Reminds me of when I was 15 years old back in early January 1991 watching live on CNN that talking head for Saddam Hussein, Tariq Aziz, tell the U.N. assembly that America and other countries that were about to unleash absolute military hell on Iraq that they would -quote "All drown in pools of their own blood" or something silly along those lines.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

Iran is the one with the bill to close the straights.

Iran is the one who is not complying with their NPT / IAEA obligations.

The US / West / supporting countries can buy or sell oil to / from whoever they wish.
Iran can buy / sell oil to whomever they wish.

Iran is the one threatening to shut down international waters, not the US. The US is the one who has been pushing for a diplomatic solution to the Iranian issue.

Iran is the one who constantly threatens to wipe Israel ioff the map or destroy the great satan.

Iran made their own bed.. Now they are going to have to lie in it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

They will not close the straight to international commerce no matter what
They will threaten Israel no matter what
We already new that

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I would hope Israel would give us a chance to react before they are driven into the sea.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This situation is pretty sad. Let us hope that cooler heads prevail in Iran so that they don't attempt to close the straights. I was actually encouraged a few weeks ago when Iran rescued some sailors. It would be best to see more of this kind of action that helps diffuse tensions instead of instead of the opposite.

The odd thing that I see in these posts is that America is being blamed for irans reaction. It's a knee jerk reaction against the US. Europe is actually leading this embargo. Not that the US is not in full agreement but still they are not the strongest voice on this subject.

Finally I doubt that Iran will take this step unless something else drastic happens. China is still buying Irans oil which is sufficient to keep Irans economy afloat, and China is not likely to want to see any retaliation occur if Iran attempted to shut the straights, since it would cut off its fuel supply.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why? See this is the problem with American politics. We look at the action but never the reason. Iran has had to deal with constant threats from both the United States and Israel. Iran has been attacked with things like Stuxnet and sanctions with no retaliation. I am not saying Iran should be given the chance to develop a nuke, but really, who cares? Even if they did they are no threat to the United States. Do we really need to risk a 3rd world war with Russia and China to prevent something that hasn't even been proven possible? Also, please link exacty where Iran said in the words you used that they want to wipe Israel off the map. Because if I remember correctly, the term Zionist was used. Stop pushing propaganda. And stop worshiping Israel over your own damn country. I am a proud American and I am sick of WAR! 10 years is enough! Stop the warmongering. Our kids can't even find a damn job in this country and all you people care about is more war?!
edit on 5-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
wasteofmyoxygen.wordpress.com...

Text
ACT has posted a set of statistics that demonstrates the real violence against Muslims, it is not Jews, Christians or even America that is leading the pack in Muslim Genocide, but rather other Muslims. These numbers (almost 10 million killed by other Muslims) defy rationality and surely anyone with half a brain can see where the real problem lies. Islam may or may not be a peaceful religion, but the people who dominate the religion and are the face that the world sees as representation of the religion, surely are far from peaceful.

“some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948,
In a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

Comments: (1) Despite the relative non-lethality of the Arab-Israeli conflict, its renown, notoriety, complexity, and diplomatic centrality will probably give it continued out-sized importance in the global imagination. And Israel’s reputation will continue to pay the price. (2) Still, it helps to point out the 1-in-1,700 statistic as a corrective, in the hope that one day, this reality will register, permitting the Arab-Israeli conflict to subside to its rightful, lesser place in world politics.

When you put the numbers in perspective, you understand what has been going on with all wars we are in.

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Fog of war. Get that feeling.

Sure, we're not officially at war, but...

These nations have been attacking each other proxy-style. They're not at peace.

We don't know what's going on. Who knows where this is going.

Somebody knows. But only those who need to know. It's their job to do these things.
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
Why? See this is the problem with American politics. We look at the action but never the reason. Iran has had to deal with constant threats from both the United States and Israel.

And Israel has had to live with the threat of being wiped off the map on a weekly basis from Iran as well as Hamas, Hezzbullah and other groups supported by Iran.

Iran has been attacked with things like Stuxnet and sanctions with no retaliation.

The attempted attacks on US / Israeli diplomats was what if not a retaliation? The recent arrest of Iranians in Africa planning to attack US / Israeli targets is what if not retaliation?

I am not saying Iran should be given the chance to develop a nuke, but really, who cares? Even if they did they are no threat to the United States.

Then maybe you should try and look at it from the other side of the fence. It is not out of the realm of possibility for a nuke to be sold to a group who wants to test it in Israel or the US. A nuclear armed Iran is very much a threat to the US, as well as other countries on the globe.

Do we really need to risk a 3rd world war with Russia and China to prevent something that hasn't even been proven possible?

Do we really need for people to claim the US has attacked Iran without it even occuring yet? The straights are still open as of now.

Also, please link exacty where Iran said in the words you used that they want to wipe Israel off the map. Because if I remember correctly, the term Zionist was used. Stop pushing propaganda. And stop worshiping Israel over your own damn country. I am a proud American and I am sick of WAR! 10 years is enough! Stop the warmongering. Our kids can't even find a damn job in this country and all you people care about is more war?!
edit on 5-7-2012 by Lannister because: (no reason given)

Ah yes the typical Israel zionist distinction by those who are blind. If you remove the "Zionist" government do you really think Arab countries are going to allow a new Israeli government to be elected? No they wont. Eliminating the Zionists, eliminates Israel.

I have alrady linked to sources where Iran has threatened the existence of Israel. Since the topic is about Iran I refer you to any number of those threads on this site for your reference.

Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Predicts Israel's Destruction

Ayatollah Khamenei defends 'wiping out Israel' remarks

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I fail to see why the conflict in the middle east that has been going on forever is any of our concern? Why must American soldiers fight this war? Is this really about fear of America becoming muslim? Really? Bomb the brown people into submission to stop the spread of their evil religion? Do you understand how stupid that sounds? How childish that is?

...so really I wasn't too far off 3 posts ago when I said this was nothing more than the continuation of a 2000 year old holy war? Then I was told to shut up right? Silence the truth is it?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join