It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran lawmakers prepare to close Hormuz Strait

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannister
reply to post by redneck13

I fail to see why the conflict in the middle east that has been going on forever is any of our concern? Why must American soldiers fight this war? Is this really about fear of America becoming muslim? Really? Bomb the brown people into submission to stop the spread of their evil religion? Do you understand how stupid that sounds? How childish that is?

...so really I wasn't too far off 3 posts ago when I said this was nothing more than the continuation of a 2000 year old holy war? Then I was told to shut up right? Silence the truth is it?

Fight what war? You keep saying this yet there are no hostilities?

Radical Islam are the ones who stated one of their goals was an Islamic government / sharia law for the US.

As far as the notion of fear I will remind you the US has freedom of religion, unlike Iran and a few other countries in the ME / Persian region where being anything but Muslim is a death sentence.

Just as people like to make the comment that Russia / China will protect Iran, the US will proteect Israel and our other allies in theregion. The mindset that its ok for Russia to protect their allies but not the US is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Submarines

The UN/US don't have the right to sanction Iran in advance over Nuclear Weapons. The UN/US do not have the right to stop a sovereign nation from persueing nuclear energy especially when the ones dictating already have an arsenal of nuclear weapons... But they still do.. I hope they close it..

Actually...any business done between Nations is done at the sole discretion of those nations. Now...say the U.S. and it's allies decide that they do not wish to do business with Iran anymore...no one can FORCE THEM TO.

As far as the U.N. and sanctions...when a country like Iran has and did sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty....and that country in this case IRAN...Breaks that treaty...there are some AUTOMATIC SANCTIONS that go into place for say...KICKING OUT NUCLEAR INSPECTORS...and when a country...like Iran has completely stopped any condition of the treaty which allowed them to purchase Nuclear Tech. and was a CONDITION to be able to receive this tech....the U.N. has a lot of options including MILITARY ones on the table.

For those of you who keep thinking this is anyone fault other than IRAN...you are delusional! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
We have not attacked Iran and sanctions are not an act of war, no matter how many time people who ignore the facts want to repeat it in hopes of making it that.
Missing any top secret military equipment lately, violated any international laws you are so fond of.

"No one has been attacked"
Iran with it's Dead scientists, broken computers and crippled economy would beg to differ

No country is under attack.
You mean America is not under attack anyone else doesn't count.

Again its not, its called economic sanctions (Bi lateral), its legal under international law and is not an act of war. Again repeating something that has already been disproved does not make it a war.
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet & a polished turd is still a turd.
A country refusing to deal with someone is sanctions, a country using various means to make sure all other key players do the same in order to force a country to submit to their will is WAR, try it with a real opponent and you will learn that the hard way.
Repeating nothing to see here move along does not mean there is nothing to see.

That's right Iran can never do any wrong and have never engaged in actions against another nation in a clandestine manner.
You just lost 1000 hit points and all credibility, where did I even insinuate such a thing let alone state it. Assad can burn in hell I just hope there a few key yank along for the ride.

Secondly, as I stated to another poster I state to you now, read the entire thread before picking and choosing and only seeing what you want. I used the analogy with trade, Iran and Israel because people who are woefully uneducated in this area claim a nation commits and act of war by refusing to do business with another. I pointed out Iran has this stance towards Israel, yet for those same people, and now you, its not the same thing.

Hypocritical much?
Not at all you?
You used a piss poor analogy to try to make these actions seem different from what they are, an act of war and you called on the BS statement it was.

When you lay it out a little clearer yes 100% Israel or America would consider such actions an act of war.
Someone likened this to closing the gulf of Mexico, well sorry if US was in Irans position I highly doubt oil tankers would be cruising just off the coast of Mexico on rout to Iran.

There is now war...
The actions of the US are legal; under international law.
The US is not the only nation involved, nor it is restricted to just EU or NATO countries.

Please take the time to get all of the conversation before posting. This way I wont have to go back and constantly explain the parts you missed.

Take the time to educate your self before responding, the reason there is no war yet is cause Iran has shown restraint and cause the typically the US is picking on the little guy who is hesitant to throw a punch but soon will be left with no other option.
Since when does America care about whats legal. Illegally invade any sovereign nations under the excuse of typical American lies lately.
That would be fine if these countries did this without American influence but I srsly hope you don't think US had nothing to do with coercing their compliance, last time I checked America got pissed when others ignored their calls and were lapping up cheap oil or helping Iran circumvent the sanctions, and as I keep telling you that is why these are not sanctions but acts of WAR.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Please fix your post so I know what to respond to.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

This is what happens when civilizations collide. We have always done this since we wiped out any of our closest relatives and competitors. A civilization is moving itself into the past and deep-seated hate, the divide grows and the enviable happens. There is a cancer in the world that should be cut out. The two biggest propagators of hate, Palestinians and Iran. The world will never miss their special brand of Nazism
RIP

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

And Israel has had to live with the threat of being wiped off the map on a weekly basis from Iran as well as Hamas, Hezzbullah and other groups supported by Iran.

When is the last time Iran attacked a country? You still haven't answered this question. Israel has to live with the weekly threat of being wiped off the map by a country that hasn't attacked anyone in... how many years?

The attempted attacks on US / Israeli diplomats was what if not a retaliation? The recent arrest of Iranians in Africa planning to attack US / Israeli targets is what if not retaliation?

And where is the evidence that this was Iran? Because the tv told you? Where are the hard facts to back up this accusation other than Duddly Doo Right on the local news telling you this?

Then maybe you should try and look at it from the other side of the fence. It is not out of the realm of possibility for a nuke to be sold to a group who wants to test it in Israel or the US. A nuclear armed Iran is very much a threat to the US, as well as other countries on the globe.

Iran (who doesn't even have a proper military or navy) is going to build a nuke (no evidence of this but okay) to sell it to some unknown group because...? Is there a middle part to this story because I'm lost. This is why we're risking a third world war?

Originally posted by Lannister
Do we really need for people to claim the US has attacked Iran without it even occuring yet? The straights are still open as of now.

When did I claim the US attacked Iran? I'm simply saying that maybe, JUST MAYBE, we don't need to be in ANOTHER war? Insane, I know.

Ah yes the typical Israel zionist distinction by those who are blind. If you remove the "Zionist" government do you really think Arab countries are going to allow a new Israeli government to be elected? No they wont. Eliminating the Zionists, eliminates Israel.

I have alrady linked to sources where Iran has threatened the existence of Israel. Since the topic is about Iran I refer you to any number of those threads on this site for your reference.

Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Predicts Israel's Destruction

Ayatollah Khamenei defends 'wiping out Israel' remarks

I like how these links tell me a story while cherry picking actual quotes. I believe that's called propaganda. Regardless, Zionists are the problem in Israel. I find it funny that the American media can sit there with a straight face and call muslim "extremists" evil yet Jewish "extremists" (Zionists) are perfectly sane. Tell me, when did we get to the point when we put our own country and people on the back burner for a foreign nation that doesn't give a damn about us? When did it become the norm that "Jews can do no wrong"?

The American people don't want war. Shape it however you want. We are a country for the people by the people and the people are sick of war. Now you can sit there and pat yourself on the back all you want and think you're fighting the good fight because you want more war with evil brown people, but at the end of the day, the people of this country aren't standing behind it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

This is what happens when civilizations collide. We have always done this since we wiped out any of our closest relatives and competitors. A civilization is moving itself into the past and deep-seated hate, the divide grows and the enviable happens. There is a cancer in the world that should be cut out. The two biggest propagators of hate, Palestinians and Iran. The world will never miss their special brand of Nazism
RIP

You do understand that you are calling for genocide in the name of a 2000 year old book while in the very same statement calling other people Nazis right?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

During the Reagan Administration the U.S. Navy during patrols of International Waters in and around the Strait of Hormuz...the U.S. Navy and several ships of were attacked by Iranian Speed Boats. The U.S. Navy attempted restraint...the Iranians proceeded to shoot.

The U.S. Navy destroyed a few of these boats as well as shelled and sent a SEAL Demolition Team to destroy an Iranian Oil Platform. These acts were started by IRAN.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I suppose you don’t see any correlation in circumstances today and months before WW2
Europe in under siege now, Sweden is gone France is burning

We do it now or pay a bigger price later.

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

During the Reagan Administration the U.S. Navy during patrols of International Waters in and around the Strait of Hormuz...the U.S. Navy and several ships of were attacked by Iranian Speed Boats. The U.S. Navy attempted restraint...the Iranians proceeded to shoot.

The U.S. Navy destroyed a few of these boats as well as shelled and sent a SEAL Demolition Team to destroy an Iranian Oil Platform. These acts were started by IRAN.

Split Infinity

Didn't Israel do almost the same thing to the USS Liberty?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Good,Iran Good. Its time to teach the american Gorillas a lesson.Time to tell them that mass murder american empire cannot scare and cow the people of Persia.

heheheheheheheheh

edit on 5-7-2012 by redneck13 because: .

Do you seriously need to post that in every thread that includes Muslims?

Your subliminal hate messages are not that discreet.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Almost ain't the SAME.

The fact here is that right now...the ONLY thing that is preventing Israel from Bombing Iranian Nuclear Sites is the United States. Such a Bombing would poison the Whole Middle East with Radioactive Dust.

There is only one country that has the ability...should it be required...to Militarily take control of all Iranian Nuclear sites...including the ones they think we don't know about....one country capable of using Ultra-High Tech. Weapons that would be able to render the Iranian Army Divisions Inert as U.S. Special Forces and Rangers are Airdropped near all Nuclear Installations....one country that has ongoing secret Military to Military Talks such as was the case during the Iraq War...in which HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Iraqi Soldiers lives were spared by Iraqi Generals giving up especially after one Republican Guard Division which had been chosen due to the atrocities it had committed...was WIPED OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET by a Flight Wing of Multiple B-52's using SMART CARPET BOMBING WEAPONS....and after news of this Toughest and most feared of all Iraqi Military Divisions...about 90,000 Men....was Destroyed....direct Military to Military talks that did not include Iraqi Leadership...allowed for the quick and orderly surrender of the rest of Iraq's Army.

This same concept is hoped to be also used to prevent the entire destruction of IRAN's Air Force as well as the Destruction of the entire Iranian Navy and Sub Force. They have no chance against just the USN. Fifth Fleet.

So Israel is not allowed to Bomb...but certain New Tech. U.S. Weapons such as Non-Nuclear EMP devices would ensure that the Tens of Thousands of Airdropped U.S. Forces would be able to properly secure the Nuclear Sites without Radiation Issues and at the same time the EMP's dropped by B-2's...B-1's...as well as Two small EMP devices fitting into the internal Bomb Bay's of F/A-22 Raptors...would not only prevent any counter attack but also be able to save the lives of Hundreds of Thousands of Iranian Youths who are in the Military not as Volunteers as all U.S. Forces are Professional Paid Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen...etc...and choose this by choice...Iranian Youths are Drafted and if I was an Iranian Parent...I would be SCARED TO DEATH if my 18 year old was on the deck of an Iranian Naval Ship.

THIS IS WHY ISRAEL WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOMB IRAN. Hopefully...as predicted...the Iranian Leadership will IMPLODE on itself and Young Democratic Loving Leaders will emerge. But if the Old Guard tries anything stupid...and the U.S. MUST go in...better to save as many Iranian Youths Lives by the use of Ultra-High Tech. than just kill them all wholesale.

Again...anyone with the misconception IRAN has a fighting chance...NO. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
In the meantime, Iran is working hard to destroy evidence in Parchin site, as an introduction to the 3rd act of the show.
It's called: “ see, I told you. We are peaceful”

Source, July 2nd :
isis-online.org...

Source June 20:
isis-online.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Do you seriously need to post that in every thread that includes Muslims?

Your subliminal hate messages are not that discreet.

No kidding.. Its almost as bad as you and others posting this crap while at the same time constantly invoking Israel, even when the topic has nothing to do with them -

EACH STAR IS AN AMERICAN MILITARY BASE:

Your hate is not subliminal nor is your hypocrisy.

/end sarcasm

edit on 5-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What's wrong with the map?

What can you say against it's obvious facts?

Do you not see the PNAC agenda unfolding in front of your very own eyes while you try and justify it with right with mainstream rhetoric backed by the likes of FOX News and Glenn Beck?

I'm trying to be nice here but you are obviously on another of your anti Iran rants and are willing to distort or misrepresent any information you come across of.

Xcat. You make fun of the map without explaining why. A genuine reason backed up with a small amount of logic would be appreciated. That map illustrates exactly how the West which you hold so dear has been up to an obvious agenda (and yes I admit Iran and friends have an agenda too even though they are not effing up world peace like the right wing neo cons u support)and are doing anything to accomplish it including brainwash it's own people which you have personally fallllen victim to.

Be ashamed...over and out for now Xcat.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

What's wrong with the map?

What can you say against it's obvious facts?

That the "facts" on the map are wrong. We no longer have troops in Iraq nor do we have a military presence in Saudi Arabia, aside from non combat aircraft. I can keep going if you want me to.

Do you not see the PNAC agenda unfolding in front of your very own eyes while you try and justify it with right with mainstream rhetoric backed by the likes of FOX News and Glenn Beck?

I love how you just randomly accuse and blame people with no facts. I see why you defend Iran as much as you do now. I will take Glenn Beck, as much as he annoys the piss out of me, over the resurrected Adolph Hitler in a Turbin in Tehran.

I'm trying to be nice here but you are obviously on another of your anti Iran rants and are willing to distort or misrepresent any information you come across of.

Go cry somewhere else. You do this is every thread. You cant attack the facts so you do everything in your power to derail the topic and attack those who dont agree with Iran. How about you specifically show the thread where I have distorted / misrepresented any information.

By all means, you made the comment now either put up or shut up.

Xcat. You make fun of the map without explaining why. A genuine reason backed up with a small amount of logic would be appreciated. That map illustrates exactly how the West which you hold so dear has been up to an obvious agenda (and yes I admit Iran and friends have an agenda too even though they are not effing up world peace like the right wing neo cons u support)and are doing anything to accomplish it including brainwash it's own people which you have personally fallllen victim to.

The Map you posted is as much of a joke as the camel pic. Here is a clue for you. When you post something from 10 years ago, you should take the time to actually make sure the information it containes is, you know, accurate.

The map of the middle east posted is not accurate. If you werent so intent on hating the US and derailing the topic and spend a little more time researching before running your mouth you would know this also. If you spent time reading posts in response to your rants you would know the map is out of date and not accurate.

You refuse to do that though because as I stated, you are incapable of dealing with facts that dont support your agenda. So instead, you use the same tactic of ignoring the facts while attacking the poster.

Case in point your response to me. My post addressed the map while yours attacks me and accuses me of stuff you cant support.

Be ashamed...over and out for now Xcat.

The only ones who should be ashamed are the cowards in Tehran who are forcing a war on their own people because they think they are more important than they really are.

Secondly of all the people on this site I really dont think you have any room to tell anyone they should be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Sorry was on way out in a hurry. Can't edit my post so I quoted myself. Also apolagies I don't know how you quote part posts or multiples so it's messy.

"We have not attacked Iran and sanctions are not an act of war, no matter how many time people who ignore the facts want to repeat it in hopes of making it that."
Missing any top secret military equipment lately, violated any international laws you are so fond of.
Stutnex (spelling) was all Israel right?
Not like the US ever ILLEGALLY enters foreign countries and assassinates people with a mehh women & kids are collateral damage attitude or anything.
Obama's kill sheet, doing deals with foreign countries to torture for u, holding people without charge, Gitmo.
Check your international law high morals at the door along with the ego.

"No one has been attacked"
Iran with it's Dead scientists, broken computers and crippled economy would beg to differ as would others who have experienced American foreign policy.

"No country is under attack."
You mean America is not under attack anyone else doesn't count.
An attack does not require endless cruise missile strikes & millions of dead civies.

"Again its not, its called economic sanctions (Bi lateral), its legal under international law and is not an act of war. Again repeating something that has already been disproved does not make it a war."
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet & a polished turd is still a turd.
A country refusing to deal with someone is sanctions, a country using various means to make sure all other key players do the same in order to force a country to submit to their will is WAR, try it with a real opponent and you will learn that the hard way.
Repeating nothing to see here move along does not mean there is nothing to see.

"That's right Iran can never do any wrong and have never engaged in actions against another nation in a clandestine manner."
You just lost 1000 hit points and all credibility, where did I even insinuate such a thing let alone state it. Assad the iatolas etc can burn in hell I just hope there a few key yanks/others along for the ride.

"Secondly, as I stated to another poster I state to you now, read the entire thread before picking and choosing and only seeing what you want. I used the analogy with trade, Iran and Israel because people who are woefully uneducated in this area claim a nation commits and act of war by refusing to do business with another. I pointed out Iran has this stance towards Israel, yet for those same people, and now you, its not the same thing.
Hypocritical much?"
Not at all you?
You used a piss poor analogy to try to make these actions seem different/? from what they are, an act of war and I called you called on the BS statement it was. It happens cop that 1 on the chin and move on.

"There is now war...
The actions of the US are legal; under international law.
The US is not the only nation involved, nor it is restricted to just EU or NATO countries."
Please take the time to get all of the conversation before posting. This way I wont have to go back and constantly explain the parts you missed. "

Take the time to educate your self before responding, the reason there is no war yet is cause Iran has shown restraint and cause typically the US is picking on the little guy who is hesitant to throw a punch but soon will be left with no other option.
Since when does America care about whats legal, it does what suits it's agenda and when that contradicts international law it has a What you gonna do about it attitude.
Piss on International law & Illegally invade any sovereign nations under the excuse of typical American lies lately,
anyone else would be guilty of war crimes and face the hauge, ohh but u guys are above that treaty aren't you.

Unilateral sanctions would be fine if these countries did this without American influence but I srsly hope you don't think US had nothing to do with coercing their compliance, last time I checked America got pissed when others ignored their calls and were lapping up cheap oil or helping Iran circumvent the sanctions, and as I keep telling you that is why these are not sanctions but acts of WAR.

You say Iran can sell oil to who it wants and anyone can buy it, yet you fail to mention the threatened consequences to those who do & the your with us or against us attitude.
Iran can sell its oil in US dollars right? or am I missing something there?

If you keeping kicking a dog don't be surprised when it bites you.

edit on 5-7-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Iran has the legal right to block any waterway within it's territory. This legal right will invariably be ignored by the US and it's slavish client states in their drive to solidify the Imperialist USA's control on the world's resources.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit
Iran has the legal right to block any waterway within it's territory. This legal right will invariably be ignored by the US and it's slavish client states in their drive to solidify the Imperialist USA's control on the world's resources.

One more time since people are not understanding this. Iran can shut down their own waters all they want, as can Oman / UAE. If either country, or both, did this it still would not affect international shipping. The straights are international waters (6 miles wide) and neither side has jurisdiction over it.

The transit passage does not run through territorial waters of any nation.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Sanctions are designed to FORCE a country to submit to your will, not exercise your right to free trade I would put it in an easier to understand format but I'm all out of crayons and scrap paper. If you disagree the please explain and I hope you have something more to base the theory on than some polished turd of a document that means as much as any other polished turd created by criminals acting for their own selfish interests.

Here, I'll compromise with you. Although I do not consider sanctions an "act of war" they are designed to force a country to submit to your will, along with many other tactics that are used on a daily basis by all countries against each other.

Let's just rename it an "act of cold war" because in reality, it's been raging for years already.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join