It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Athlete Claims Blacks are superior to Whites

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

I believe there are differences amungst the races sure! Maybe Africans have more muscle mass, stamina and agility! they also have their weaknesses which I will not go into cause i don't want to insult anyone! This is an issue of diversity and allows for an interesting mix of traits amung certain races! While some races are more athletic, others may be more intelligent yet others may be more creative and all this implies is we are stronger united as a species! We must nurture these attributes, not hide them but celebrate our differences! For this is what makes us individuals! Also just because we have weaknesses does not mean the human will cannot overcome because the human will can be stronger then any ancestral gene!
PS: If i insulted anyone that was not my intention! i only wish to state that our different genetic disposition makes us that way but this does not limit our abilities which are only limited by our lack of willpower!
edit on 3-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: grammer and spelling errors.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I'd also say another problem with these assertions is the widespread doping problem in professional sports. Many records have been annulled due to doping, so it's hard to say it's not a factor.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I explicitly excluded marathon as endurance race even thou thats a bit wrong, its even in your quote. What i talk about is the longdistance races 100 or 200+ km.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

Ir is a scientifically accurate fact. I'm white, played sports in HS and college and did well in them. Everyone knows this and it's been proven. Add to that the fact that slaves were bred to be stronger, etc . . .there ya have it. *shrug*

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Blacks are genetically superior to other races in regards to athletic ability...I would agree. There is a difference in evolutionary biological makeup. I am also envious that they don't wrinkle like others.

I heard however that the muscle mass of a black person is less dense than other races, meaning a black person whom is simply ripped conan looking has the same strength as a white person that is 2/3rds their size due to muscle compaction...aka, they can grow into perfect shapes with almost no effort, but its mostly show verses function. I heard this from a trainer. Now, I am not sure why..but just from personal experience, I would agree with that...I have to work my arse off just for a slight definition, but most of my male black friends barely do push ups and look like they work out all day long.

I am considering what tens of thousands of years of evolution would do..whereas the northerners were always covered up to protect from elements, the african southerners were mostly undressed...showing and intimidation would work there, whereas actual function of the north would be needed moreso than the showing game in the north (due to all your rippling muscles being hidden under 3 tons of furs and such. Nature may favor compact muscles verses expanding)...its an interesting study.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

Here is an interesting article from 2010 addressing the topic. Their theory is that the body's center of gravity is slightly higher in black athletes, which makes them better at running type events. While the slightly lower center of gravity in white athletes makes them better at swimming. So having the advantage in one is a disadvantage in the other.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
It has nothing to do with slavery. People with more recent African decent evolved in a harsh climate where physical strength and speed means the difference between life and death. Neither race is superior to another. They just have varying attributes based on the climates they have lived in over the past 50,000-100,000 years or so. Slavery wasn't nearly long enough to cause noticeable changes in physical strength.. at least as far as we know.

I tend to agree with this, no race is really superior to another, only different.
Also, the claim that "Blacks are superior" is much too vague to make any ends of, but apparently the person behind the statement refers to Physiology, and although the person is right that Afro-Americans often have more musclemass than "whites", because only the best "examples" were imported to USA during Slavery, it does not make Blacks actually "Superior" as a race in the overall. In fact, one could just aswell find "proof" for the exact opposite if one would want to. For instance, Black people tend to have about 5% smaller brains than white people, which I do know that some people claims to be proof that Whites are superior to Blacks, which in itself only proves that no race is really superior but only different, and if you look for evidence that a specific race is "superior", then you will find that evidence. But only if you ignore looking for similar evidence in the other race/s that will show physical advantages that another race do not have, and vice versa.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Race has nothing to do with superiority or better performance in sports for example, but as I have already mentioned earlier, genes do.

Check my earlier post here on difference in genes for Olympic athletes.

Real question is should scientists tempt to enable those genes for those who don't have them??

Juan's ted talks rises some questions and concerns regarding this issue.

edit on 3-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
first person to break the 4 minute mile was a englishman, also swimming is a sport tht requires massive fitness at the highest levels, best swimmers tend to be white.
The genes for athleticism are in both races, the just show up in different events in different people.
If blacks were better at everything athletic, across the board, i would agree with him, but, they excel at a few events, in the same way whites excel at a few events.

I think there is an issue with buoyancy here. Something about bone density or the like..basically black people tend to sink verses float much more than white people. I did try to google this to back up this claim, but its loaded with racist nonsense, and even worse, apologetic nonsense...I am going on info I read many many years ago which is filtered now through remembering...but it is I believe a physical difference also...same reason why birds fly better than say bears if they had wings...difference in makeup (heavier v lighter bone mass or some such).

Dont take my word on this though..not until I find the source

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually, it is true Blacks tend to have increased bone density, this why the acceptable body fat ranges (for medical screening) for blacks are lower than whites.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
A lot goes into the measurement of strength, but white people are not "stronger" even if they happen to lift more weight.

Disagree
And that is the very definition of physical strength...if you can lift more than the person next to them, that means you are stronger. There is no gray line here..
Doesn't mean the person whom lifts the most will win in a fight or anything practical like that mind you, just means that...like saying just because someone runs faster than you doesn't mean they are faster...actually, yes..that is exactly what it means.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I tend to get a little irritated (just a little) when I read or hear things like this. Generally because they don't describe half the black people I know.

I'm a black man, a rather tall and stocky one at that. I'm rather healthy, but definitely not a champion runner or basketball player. But when I tell people I'd rather paint instead of playing basketball, the response is that of shock. Why should it be shocking?

People love to defend stereotypes by saying "they're there because they're partly true" and "there are exceptions to the rule". But there shouldn't be a rule. We see things that deny statistics every day, yet we still hold onto them. It's limiting.

These generalizations, believe it or not, impede society by making people neurotic and insecure about their own worth. The black kid who's told the best physicists are only Asian. The white kid who's told the best athletes are black. The Asian kid who's told that the public only wants to see white lead actors... (that one's a little more complicated, but hey!)

Maybe we should stop making exceptions for the rule, and admit that the rule isn't nearly as infallible as we say it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Some scientists believe a combination of selective breeding by slave owners and appalling conditions meant that only the strongest slaves endured, creating a group predisposed to record-breaking athletic performance.

So, you're saying that....black people should really "thank" us for making them better people overall?

I think some people are superior at doing white things and some superior doing black things. Like whites are notably better political statesmen and geopolitical warriors and blacks are better rappers....but then you have...

Eminem and Condoleeza Rice, eminem is arguably one of the best rappers around and is white. Condoleeza was the Secretary of State and did very well helping Bush to destroy our once great nation. Almost as good as Eminem destroying our youth.

So white or black, we can all destroy the world together as one and then there will be no more color for us to hate or judge.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You should not discuss it because it makes no sense.

Race does not exist.

There is only one race, it's called human.

The color of your skin, does not determine whether or not you are a human being, therefore it's a moot point.

Sure there are differnet genetics and mutations from people living in different parts of the world that may provide for better skills at certain things.

It's still not a race issue.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Topics like these are successful at highlighting the double standards that exist in modern society. It's no secret that if any affirmative claim is made in relation to white people when compared to any non-white group it is called racism, or the idea that science might support these claims is brushed off as absurd.

Do the opposite and claim that non-white groups are better at something than white people and not only is this socially acceptable at face value, but the science behind it is accepted without much debate.

It's interesting how the definition of racism seems to change when the skin colour of the subjects is altered.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamc3
reply to post by Hess88

Here is an interesting article from 2010 addressing the topic. Their theory is that the body's center of gravity is slightly higher in black athletes, which makes them better at running type events. While the slightly lower center of gravity in white athletes makes them better at swimming. So having the advantage in one is a disadvantage in the other.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

That's why I believe the term superior is very subjective. An advantage may be a disadvantage in another area. You need only look at the medal tally to see that no single race dominates at the Olympics. In the top 20 there are many nations with mostly Asian and White athletes as well as nations with lots of Black athletes like the UK and US. I do agree Blacks largely dominate on the track but I don't see how anyone could look at this medal tally and believe Blacks dominate in general. Also there are always exceptions to rules. We are individuals after all and it is the individual who earns their medal. There are black swimmers who do well as well as whites and asians who do well in track and field. Liu Xiang for example was perhaps the biggest celebrity in China and that was because he won the 110m hurdles gold in Greece setting a new world record in the event.

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 China (CHN) 51 21 28 100
2 United States (USA) 36 38 36 110
3 Russia (RUS) 23 21 29 73
4 Great Britain (GBR) 19 13 15 47
5 Germany (GER) 16 10 15 41
6 Australia (AUS) 14 15 17 46
7 South Korea (KOR) 13 10 8 31
8 Japan (JPN) 9 6 10 25[13]
9 Italy (ITA) 8 9 10 27
10 France (FRA) 7 16 18 41
11 Ukraine (UKR) 7 5 15 27
12 Netherlands (NED) 7 5 4 16
13 Kenya (KEN) 6 4 4 14
14 Jamaica (JAM) 6 3 2 11
15 Spain (ESP) 5 10 3 18
16 Belarus (BLR) 4 5 10 19[13]
17 Romania (ROU) 4 1 3 8
18 Ethiopia (ETH) 4 1 2 7
19 Canada (CAN) 3 9 6 18
20 Poland (POL) 3 6 1 10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_medal_table

edit on 3-7-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

so much of what you point out has simply to do with availability of the sport. Hockey is far more popular in places like Canada, where it is mostly white.

Not a lot of youth hockey being played in africa....

Most NHL players are from Canada and the Scandinavian/Slavic countries. Not many Smith's out there.

Example:

Dallas Stars

Although the Stars did have one of the top American NHL players of all time by the name of:

Mike Modano

Stars fan here. Duh

edit on 7/3/12 by Beldy because: changed pic to a link

Anyway back to the OP, it's my opinion from just seeing with my two eyeballs that black folks are more athletic than white folks. Maybe not in all ways you can be "athletic" but definitely the running and sprinting. And it bothers me not in the least. People are different. So what?

edit on 7/3/12 by Beldy because: 'nother comment

edit on 7/3/12 by Beldy because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by JailTales

I know, but they are black if that is the right word... They have the same traits either way.

it's a bit of both. Fijians to me have the speed and feet of West Africans and the power and upper body explosive strength of Samoans, it's a bit of a best of both

Certainly there are differences between people in the Pacific and Africa, there has to be, or people in the Pacific wouldn't be 40 x more likely than Africans to be in the NFL

Fijians are great, can't get enough of them, in rugby they love to play the most profound type of game, running and throwing flick passes from the get go, as an ethnicity they're like the harlem globe trotters or sport

even though I'm British I've seen th eAFL player you mentioned too, it's the tall lad with the coloured dreadlocks if i'm right, looks a good player even though i don't know the gam,e

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ihavenoaccount
These generalizations, believe it or not, impede society by making people neurotic and insecure about their own worth. The black kid who's told the best physicists are only Asian. The white kid who's told the best athletes are black. The Asian kid who's told that the public only wants to see white lead actors... (that one's a little more complicated, but hey!)

Maybe we should stop making exceptions for the rule, and admit that the rule isn't nearly as infallible as we say it is.

Not a rule, its an observation of physiological makeup of the difference ethnicitys. I think the more we understand the differences, the more we can perhaps adapt certain things for benefit to all (for science, you monster).

For instance...it would be a great thing to find out the specific proteins and whatever the differences is in black people that keeps their skin from wrinkling and put it in pill form for others...and perhaps find out why sickle cell disease tends to favor blacks over whites and give treatments there, etc...we can all benefit from understanding the differences and with that, washing away the bad while giving the good to all.

And wait..so you -don't play basketball? 0o (jk)

Observations aren't rules for all, nor is it a fortune cookie..but it does show where you will have a biological edge. I am white...white people make the best swimmers..that does not mean my white butt can do anything but flail around and sink from day one mind you...just that if I was going to become a swimmer, I may have a slight edge than a black friend naturally...whereas he may have an edge on running..I may beat him in a race, and he may swim faster than me...but if it was pound for pound and hour for hour equal training..then chances are, advantages would come to biology.

Now...lets study the asians and see if we can identify the math gene

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Plz look at records first before making statements ...how can everyone just sit back and not look at the information out there...Internet has all the records listed...To just speak without looking....I thought this site was better than this....

Hicham El Guerrouj - 1500m
Takahiro Sunada - 100km
Jonathan David Edwards -triple jump
Ashton Eaton - decathlete ( best athlete in my opinion and he is a mut, just like me - (Cajun) people )

(en.wikipedia.org...)

Now if your saying why are you listing just a few ppl and other than Eaton none are black or mixed...Well to say that one color dominates any sport is foolish ...records have been broken back and forth by many races...To think a Japanese runner is the fastest at 100km is insane, but hey he set a record cause he wanted to ... Most white women dominate long distance running ( mostly Chinese) i guess those genes are only in BLACK MEN..(LOL..how lame) ..NOW.. the person who wants to beat it will...NOTHING to do with color... DENY IGNORANCE people its why you come here... research it

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join