It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Athlete Claims Blacks are superior to Whites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by Carseller4
If I had to pick a person by race to win a running race I would pick a black guy.

If I had to pick a person by race to run a country I would pick a white guy.
That has to be one of the most racist statements in ATS history. On that note, white guys have been running the world since the beginning,and,yet,here we are bigot. You probably couldn't run a lemonade stand. Your name is carseller...figures

Quickly just want to point something out. Those "white" people that everyone thinks run the world, are not in fact "white". And that's not coming from me but rather themselves, they track their racial/ethnic background from their mothers.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by Hess88

To some extent he is correct, black people seem to be faster than other races, it doesn't mean they are superior, because white people also seem to be stronger than other races, whilst asians tend to be more flexible and coordinated.
All races have their unique attributes.

For the record, white people are not stronger pound for pound. There might be more white people in power-lifting competitions, but in general, the NBA is stronger than the NFL pound for pound, and the black athletes are leaner and weigh less, but are still about the same strength as their white counterparts. A lot goes into the measurement of strength, but white people are not "stronger" even if they happen to lift more weight.

Hope that makes sense. It didn't really come out right.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm white. I agree with him.

Certain races are superior in certain ways. No need to be offended, it's just the way it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well as a white guy who grew up in the projects, I'm going to have to disagree. I was the only white kid on the football team, and I was the fastest as well. A lot of it has to due with your surroundings and your willingness to push yourself harder than the next guy.
When everyone around you believes their only way out of the hood is to excel at sports, the competition gets a lot tougher, and the group as a whole becomes better athletes. I don't think it has anything to do with genetics, and everything to do with what's driving you.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

If I had to pick a person by race to win a running race I would pick a black guy.

That has to be one of the most racist statements in ATS history. On that note, white guys have been running the world since the beginning,and,yet,here we are bigot. You probably couldn't run a lemonade stand. Your name is carseller...figures

Quickly just want to point something out. Those "white" people that everyone thinks run the world, are not in fact "white". And that's not coming from me but rather themselves, they track their racial/ethnic background from their mothers.

If you are referring to Jews, then they are still white. There are many different types of white people you can have English (white people), Russians (white people), Croatians (white people), the Dutch (white people), and so on.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

While I see your point white people do have on average more strength or are stronger then the average black or asian. But like I said all races have their own unique attributes, but every now and then you of course get one that is better at something than another.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

If you are referring to Jews, then they are still white. There are many different types of white people you can have English (white people), Russians (white people), Croatians (white people), the Dutch (white people), and so on.

While jews carry enough euro-stock to look white, their dna still distinguishes themselves apart from europeans. They are semites and are different in their own unique ways. And not come across as bashing them, they even have their own things they excell at, such as high IQ's and matters of finance, sports and manual labor, not so much.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
Some races are just better at some things than others are.

Approx. 80% of players in the NBA are "black"

Approx. 98% of players in the NHL are "white"

Looking at those numbers you'd think that basketball and hockey are two VASTLY different types of sport.. when really.. the games are actually pretty similar.

That's the most interesting part to me.

Ice hockey is an expensive sport to get into and considering how many young african-americans have been in poverty for many years, these statistics are not surprising. I bet you can pick up a basketball for ten dollars and go to a local court which doesn't cost a penny.

Hockey on the other hand, skates alone are probably $100+. Then there are gloves, pads, entrance fees to ice stadiums. You get the picture.

I am no way way implying that all african-americans are poor because they aren't. It's just that there are lot more white families with money than black ones. Hell, I used to want to play hockey when I was a kid but my mum couldn't afford all the gear needed and we were a white, working class family in the UK.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"Superior" has such lofty connotations....but who cares which word you use.

Blacks are better athletes in general among humans...and that is especially so in America because
of the godamned evil slave trade...

Only 15 percent of the US population is black, but they represent a whopping sixty five percent of
the NFL and NBA

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

I agree with him when in comes to peope with African descent whooping white guys butts at sprinting, even Basketball and other sports. We have a fijian playing AFL in Australia and his vertical leap is unbeievable, nothing seen before in our game. They do have something special but i don't think it has anything to do with slavery.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ten or fifteen years ago Tom Brokaw did a TV program where they measured the jumping ability of white athletes and black athletes. The black athletes out jumped the whites overall. Per the TV program the scientific studies show that the blacks muscular make up helps them run faster and jump higher than whites and I think that is born out by the make up of some athletic teams.
If you can accept that there is physical differences between the races then you have to think about the possibility of differences in mental abilities of the different races and how that plays out on the division of wealth in society. When you start talking about something like different brain power between the races it won't take a hot minute before you're branded a racist.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Hockey is far more popular in places like Canada, where it is mostly white.

Have you been to Canada lately? or ever?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

It is the same with Aboriginals playing Aussie Rules footy. The are either quick, have silky skills or the both of them together. They are brilliant athletes and I guess you coud take a look at their history also and you find out why.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
All those sports you listed are rarely available to young black people in the US. Those are "white sports" because they require access to certain fields and equipment. If an athletic black kid were given the same access as the white kids, they would probably dominate. As you said, look at the Williams sisters and Tiger Woods. When given equal access, they outperform the white kids

Some sports are just designed in different ways. Black people do play rugby in other parts of the world and can be great at Rugby, some of the greats from the 2 rugby codes like JAson Robinson, Martin Offiah,etc, but they'll never dominate like in the NFL, defense is too tight, there isn't the freedom of movement for the small/lean RB and WR type players to weave there magic and run so freely. That's why you look now at wingers, centres and fullbacks in both types of rugby are big guys who can break the line, it's hard to find the small speedsters like you do in the NFL, because it's more about power and size.

It's no secret as to why black people haven't stormed rugby in the same way they have sports like american football and european football, the reason is because they're not good enough, big enough or athletic enough, in a Rugby context, to displace the Polynesians and Melanesians.

Has nothing to do with fields or equipments. Just as we're seeing in American football that more Polynesians are entering the game, as they're 40 x more likely to succeed in the NFL than any other ethnicity, because they're athletically superior.

White players in top level Rugby are dwindling, but it's not black athletes that are responsible, it's the Pacific ISlanders

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
This can be seen in other sports such as football (Soccer to you uneducated Americans
) here in Europe there are are a lot of talented black players, but there are still more talented white players.

That's true but misleading. There are more white players because there are so many more white people. As far as percentage goes black people are a couple of x more successful than white players, for the record.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Hess88

I agree with him when in comes to peope with African descent whooping white guys butts at sprinting, even Basketball and other sports. We have a fijian playing AFL in Australia and his vertical leap is unbeievable, nothing seen before in our game. They do have something special but i don't think it has anything to do with slavery.

Fijians aren't Africans.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hess88

Olympic legend Michael Johnson says a ‘superior athletic gene’ in the descendants of West African slaves means black American and Caribbean sprinters will command the sport at the London Games.

As a white man myself, I completely agree with him. Nothing racist about it if it is true.

All the 100m sprints I can remember had a white man coming last with all the black men up front.

But interestingly, white men seem to do a bit better in swimming.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Obviously this topic is just put out there to piss people off, or more accurately, whites, as these "arguements" are frivolous at best. Political trolling?!

Maybe when science can measure things like Drive, motivation, and other various factors could they make these distinctions without being called on it.

What about strongman competitions? Mostly whites.
African runners seem to do well, but you will notice the long distance athletes are generally wiry. The sprinters are definately bulkier though.
Another example is Steve Nash in the NBA, or tiger Woods, I suppose. (/?)
There are just too many factors to plug into such an equation and there will always be the exceptions to the "rule"

IMO somatotypical differences may be a key factor in determining what makes an athlete great. For instance, hockey is a tough game and hard hitting, but who was the greatest of all time? A 160 lb white man named wayne. How did he survive? That begs the question, what is tough?
Like almost everything in this world, it's completely subjective to ones vantage point.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Oh gawd, a thread full of white people assuaging their guilt by "admitting" blacks are superior to whites. Geez....I've never seen a group of people so brainwashed to hate themselves so much.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join