It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Athlete Claims Blacks are superior to Whites

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Topics like these are successful at highlighting the double standards that exist in modern society. It's no secret that if any affirmative claim is made in relation to white people when compared to any non-white group it is called racism, or the idea that science might support these claims is brushed off as absurd.

Do the opposite and claim that non-white groups are better at something than white people and not only is this socially acceptable at face value, but the science behind it is accepted without much debate.

It's interesting how the definition of racism seems to change when the skin colour of the subjects is altered.

Too often when people start discussing positive aspects of caucasians, it is not focused on the biological sciences and instead showing things that could simply be cultural..and usually shoves in negative aspects of other races in order to prove a point.
basically, its little more than a racist thread with little science in it.

Perhaps the threads you participate in and/or start are racist threads...I reckon I could easily start a thread on some aspects of caucasians that are generally superior without it being flamed to death..mostly because I am not overly racist, and simply interested in the science over the noise...also if it can be exploited for the betterment of the species. Offhand, I can't think of any single trait white people have that is superior though...brains goes to asia, sports goes to africa, agility goes to a mix between asia and latinos, lifespan goes to asia (actually, asians are winning in a lot of areas when you think of things that matter in modern society). Strength goes to whites. I think adaptability may also go to whites..but not sure if this is biological verses social behavior (dealing with ice ages and thaws, the endless changes of the northern climate that would push for adaptive behavior)

Just saying, when things are kept to science, then only racist people will call such a thread racist...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You should not discuss it because it makes no sense.

Race does not exist.

There is only one race, it's called human.

The color of your skin, does not determine whether or not you are a human being, therefore it's a moot point.

Sure there are differnet genetics and mutations from people living in different parts of the world that may provide for better skills at certain things.

It's still not a race issue.

~Tenth

I personally believe race does exist (it is protected by international law after all)
it might not make any sense to you but that is you
to come here and say it should not be discussed is kind of oppressive in my opinion
as I stated in the OP this is not about hate and so far I havent seen any posts that are of a hateful nature
please leave us alone mr Mod if I see any posts that are hateful towards any race I will report them my self
thanks for your input though we are all entitled to opinions surely you can see that

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I guess world records mean nothing to you ?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mostly our Darker brothers get all hyped on the racism issue, after all it is a huge multibillon dollar industry. What would the rats like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Van Jones do with their lives if not for racism. Their is a reason why most major sports are dominated by NON WHITE athletes, they are just physically superior end of story.

I didn't bother to read all the replies but this whole racism idea sickens me, if the world wanted true equality they would have to set racial standards for all of professional sports. Allow a few short white guys on each NBA team and sure have more whites in the NFL besides the QB, teach a few more brother to skate and clean up the NHL oh yeah lower the hurdles so the jewish guy can compete. Common people let's be serious.

Why have an intellectual conversation about a stupid idea, we all know what the elephant in the room is, Racism claimed by a certain group of Blacks is big business, big press and a huge waste of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A society where intelligence plays no or little role and physical appearance and athlecism are the main factor in how women pick their mates is going to be of a different genetic makeup, than Europe of, oh say the past 1000 years. By the same token Europeans have an edge in manufacturing, the precision and skill the Germans acquired by forging weapons and building reliable castles they now apply in other fields.

link   

Originally posted by TheKopy
Plz look at records first before making statements ...how can everyone just sit back and not look at the information out there...Internet has all the records listed...To just speak without looking....I thought this site was better than this....

Hicham El Guerrouj - 1500m
Takahiro Sunada - 100km
Jonathan David Edwards -triple jump
Ashton Eaton - decathlete ( best athlete in my opinion and he is a mut, just like me - (Cajun) people )

(en.wikipedia.org...)

Now if your saying why are you listing just a few ppl and other than Eaton none are black or mixed...Well to say that one color dominates any sport is foolish ...records have been broken back and forth by many races...To think a Japanese runner is the fastest at 100km is insane, but hey he set a record cause he wanted to ... Most white women dominate long distance running ( mostly Chinese) i guess those genes are only in BLACK MEN..(LOL..how lame) ..NOW.. the person who wants to beat it will...NOTHING to do with color... DENY IGNORANCE people its why you come here... research it

Studies aren't done by seeing who holds a record..its done by massive studies, segmenting populations.
for instance
Blacks have drowning rates 3 times that of whites...that doesn't mean blacks cannot swim..it means there is a difference in boyency. Even if the top 10 swimmers are all blacks, it doesn't change the simple physical facts.
If whites have average more logical processing, that doesn't mean the top 10 scientists have to be white...this is average joe to average joe comparisons, not recordbreakers.
Olympics and such are for the exceptional people..and that knows no color...olympics are for people of all races whom have either overcome their genetic predisposition, or honed it to a fine skill..but it should be ignored when discussing general studies.

link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Topics like these are successful at highlighting the double standards that exist in modern society. It's no secret that if any affirmative claim is made in relation to white people when compared to any non-white group it is called racism, or the idea that science might support these claims is brushed off as absurd.

Do the opposite and claim that non-white groups are better at something than white people and not only is this socially acceptable at face value, but the science behind it is accepted without much debate.

It's interesting how the definition of racism seems to change when the skin colour of the subjects is altered.

Spot when I read the article I was thinking what if the paper said Whites are superior at.................
for what ever reason there would be uproar in fact it probably wouldnt even get to the paper

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

World records mean nothing to you as well?

I don't get it ...do people post on here to say opinions or facts...(oh yeah) its opinions..my bad

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I guess world records mean nothing to you ?

Correct.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A society where intelligence plays no or little role and physical appearance and athlecism are the main factor in how women pick their mates is going to be of a different genetic makeup, than Europe of, oh say the past 1000 years. By the same token Europeans have an edge in manufacturing, the precision and skill the Germans acquired by forging weapons and building reliable castles they now apply in other fields.

No need to get heated up about trends we notice in different countries or even ethnicities, as long as everybody is judged and assessed as an individual. Just like many whites can not compete with blacks to make it into the Olympic team, many blacks can not compete for a slot to study at MIT.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This post is on the exceptions ....why else would one say a sport is being dominated....basketball teams are played by the exceptions in the sport not the majority...All my black friends suck at basketball...way better at math...Point being The holders of records hold no color ..they are the best...hands down...to say tiger isnt an exception at golf is like saying michael phelps isn't an exception to swimming

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hess88
Spot when I read the article I was thinking what if the paper said Whites are superior at.................

Thats cultural though.
Keep in mind, for the most part for the past several hundred years, such articles concluded it was superior at everything, giving pseudo-science and cultural issues, then concluded that blacks were sort of demonic idiot monkeys more than humans.
aka, it has traditionally been a racist rant more than a scientific understanding put out by clear racists whom are promoting ignorance, fear, and anger verses clarity and physical differences amongst all races.

So yes, when articles come out discussing caucasian superiority, it is met with a critical eye..mostly because the loud minority shoves articles about prison populations and the like all the time...lets see the issue here verses moan about inequality in discussion.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

I was answering the question from the OP, the quote actually where the person quoted stated " Why should we not talk about it".

As for having opinions, I am a MEMBER first, mod second, much like you am entitled to my own opinions. Please do not disregard them or think that I am attepmting to say you can't discuss this, simply because I personally believe the idea of race is idiotic.

That is not the intent.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I totally agree, they are PHYSICALLY superior.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

it made me smile

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This post is on the exceptions ....why else would one say a sport is being dominated....basketball teams are played by the exceptions in the sport not the majority...All my black friends suck at basketball...way better at math...Point being The holders of records hold no color ..they are the best...hands down...to say tiger isnt an exception at golf is like saying michael phelps isn't an exception to swimming

The claim was done by an exceptional person, but the claim was a general claim, which is true biologically speaking.
This does not mean that only blacks can win a race..but if you had a thousand blacks next to a thousand whites, asians, etc all with equal training..more blacks would cross the line faster than the others percent-wise.

Here is a better example that you may understand
overweight people eat more, generally speaking
Kobayashi , a twig of an asian, holds hot dog eating champion title.
does that mean overweight people eat less than skinny asian people?

No, its training for that which got him that title..but without the exceptions, a large hungry person will eat more than a tiny skinny person.

Exceptional people are not factored into the greater scientific observation...Johnson was stating a greater scientific observation..your getting confused because he was an exceptional person.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Hess88

I was answering the question from the OP, the quote actually where the person quoted stated " Why should we not talk about it".

As for having opinions, I am a MEMBER first, mod second, much like you am entitled to my own opinions. Please do not disregard them or think that I am attepmting to say you can't discuss this, simply because I personally believe the idea of race is idiotic.

That is not the intent.

~Tenth

Then I sincerely appollogies

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You should not discuss it because it makes no sense.

Race does not exist.

There is only one race, it's called human.

The color of your skin, does not determine whether or not you are a human being, therefore it's a moot point.

Sure there are differnet genetics and mutations from people living in different parts of the world that may provide for better skills at certain things.

It's still not a race issue.

~Tenth

Hallo, Tothetenth.

I fully understand your feelings and standpoint for why "it" shouldn't be talked about, as such topics too often tend to disray into "whom is the Superior", and while I also indeed fully agree that all people are OF the Human Species, and everyone, regardless of genetic group, are 100% equal(Or atleast should be), I am nevertheless of the opinion that one of the very "problems" and, would I say, even one of the very "fuels" for racism, are the controversiality that the term "Race" tend to bring. In fact, in my opinon, there would be less racism if the concept of race within the Human Species would be widely accepted; for, each time some type of differences between various groups of Humans are to be discussed, it more often than not ends up with more energy being put on discussing the race-concept than the actual differences in question.
The trick would be to do so in a scientifically neutral way without bringing Social worths into it. But, if it can be done with races within the Animal Kingdom without louded feelings, there is no reason why it couldn't be done with Humans either.

As for variations within Humanity, there are more than enough proof that Human races indeed do exist;

the genetic distance between the two species of gorilla, Gorilla gorilla and G. beringei, 0.04%, is nearly six times less than the genetic distance between (sub-Saharan) Africans (Bantu) and Eurasians (English), 0.23% ... The genetic distance between the common chimp and the bonobo is 0.103%, less than half the English-Bantu genetic distance of 0.23% ... there is less mtDNA difference between dogs, wolves, and coyotes than there is between the various ethnic groups of human beings ... The genetic distance between (sub-Saharan) Africans and Eurasians (0.2%) is more than twice the genetic distance between living humans and Neanderthals (0.08%) so, at the very least, Africans should be classified as a sub-species, Homo sapiens africanus and Eurasians as another sub-species, Homo sapiens eurasianensis. ... Finally, the genetic distance between Homo sapiens and Homo erectus is estimated as 0.170 (mean given as 0.19), about the same as the genetic distance between the Bantu Africans and the Eskimos, but the genetic distance between living Africans and Eurasians is 0.23. Thus, Homo sapiens is more closely related to Homo erectus than Eurasians are to sub-Saharan Africans. Either erectus should be reclassified as Homo sapiens erectus or sub-Saharan Africans should be reclassified as Homo africanus.

More: erectuswalksamongst.us...

Personally, I think multiple races of Humans only makes this World even richer and fascinating.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by Hess88

To some extent he is correct, black people seem to be faster than other races, it doesn't mean they are superior, because white people also seem to be stronger than other races, whilst asians tend to be more flexible and coordinated.
All races have their unique attributes.

This is just so not true. You can say an athlete in great shape and in the right sport is faster than those that are not in top form or not in the right sport for them, but one's race has absolutely nothing to do with it. This thread is categorizing races in a way that is completely invalid.

If you want to say that Blacks and Jews are unique in the sense that they are susceptible to getting Cycle cell anemia, that's fine. If you say that women get breast cancer more often than men, okay.

But one's race says absolutely nothing about an individual's desire and drive to win, or be better than his opponents of a different race.

Two men decide to compete against each other. They are the same height, weight, physical shape and intelligence. Is anyone here going to tell me that the odds are in favor of one of them because of their race???? Or is it that one of them wants the win more than the other, regardless of race?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

You see people misread the science, IMO.

That does not prove that there are different races of humans. It prove there are different flavors of humans brought on by whatever environment they lived in for thousands of years.

If we've learned anything is that genetics and general biology are affected by environmental changes over time.

They are still cultural differences in the long run. The human Genome is the same regardless.

Culture and ethnic diversity should be celebrated and sought after in large populations as a means to encourage differing view points.

One doesn't need to put up a wall that says " One of these people is not like the other" in order to do that.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join