It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Athlete Claims Blacks are superior to Whites

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think race plays a small factor in this

It really has to do with how people are raised and their motivation in life. This why so many good black baseball players come from the Dominican Republic but relatively few black Americans play professionally (in modern times at least). Baseball isn't popular in the black American community but it is HUGE in the DR which is they produce so many great players.

A lot of you seem to be buying into the "Black people are stronger while white people are smarter" type of thought, which is dumb in itself. IQ has a direct correlation with standard of living and other environmental factors.

Why do Kenyans dominate marathons?

I guess Kenyans train at a much earlier age and they also see marathons as an avenue to get out of hard economic situations at home.

As young Kenyans, we ran five kilometres to school every morning. And as children, we saw our parents run to work. We ran to church, to the river, everywhere. To a Kenyan, running is part of our daily lifestyle. Our victories at international events are just proof of this.
Elijah Maanzo, Pretoria, South Africa

Due to the high rate of unemployment and corruption, many Kenyans have turned to what we call self-employment, and running for money is included in that. While other people all over the world run for fun, Kenyans take it as a profession which makes them practice throughout the year which leads to their dominance of the marathons.
Kisanya Vincent, Nairobi, Kenya

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Oh gawd, a thread full of white people assuaging their guilt by "admitting" blacks are superior to whites. Geez....I've never seen a group of people so brainwashed to hate themselves so much.

No Hate here my friend,
to be honest I find it quite refreshing to here people talk about racial differences
its so much more interesting than the old but we are all the same and we all bleed red rubbish,
the tricky part is making you point without being offensive and I think people have done that very well here
hate is such a waste of energy but the truth is important
I love my people and my culture nothing will ever change that but I refuse to waste my time hateing people just because of there colour

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
And I heard that we are all Africans, or at least originated from Africa.

According to latest gene study, all Olympic athletes have at least one of variations of ACE gene (to be more specific 577R genotype).

Let's not forget that evolution is still happening and we are part of it.

I suggest you watch Ted Talks by Juan Enriquez: Will our kids be a different species?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If I had to pick a person by race to win a running race I would pick a black guy.

If I had to pick a person by race to run a country I would pick a white guy.

Why? Judging ones ability to lead on race alone makes absolutely no sense. This line of thought is horribly racist.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Any chance you could post a discription of the videos posted I cant view them at the moment
I do struggle with the we all came from Africa Theory and I find it difficult to explain with sounding offensive
I might have ago later if there is enough call for it here

but you might find this interesting
Re-Examining the "Out of Africa" Theory and the Origin of Europeoids (Caucasoids) in Light of DNA Genealogy

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

Explanation: S&F!

I concur with the facts!

They ARE better EQUIPED genetically to perform the best in track atheletics!

However they don't seem to replicate that in the swimming pool!

The Olympics is MORE than just track and field atheletics!

Not having the genes is no excuse to not give it a go if that is what the athletes passion is to attempt to achieve.

Personal Disclosure: The Olympics is about Triumphing agaisnt the odds regardless of who your ancestors were.

Its HUMAN thing ...not a race or culture thing ok.

I wish all of the athelets the very best and may they all beat their previous Personal Bests.

I remember Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards (winter Olympics) [wiki] And Eric "The Eel" Moussambani (summer Olympics) [wiki]

Eric Moussambani Malonga (born May 31, 1978) is a swimmer from Equatorial Guinea. Nicknamed "Eric the Eel" by the media after the name first appeared in an article by Craig Lord in The Times newspaper in London, Moussambani won brief international fame at the 2000 Summer Olympics when he swam his heat of the 100 m freestyle in 1:52.72. His time was more than twice that of his faster competitors, and outside even the 200 m world record. However, he set a new personal best and Equatoguinean national record.

They don't need no stupid medal to be WINNING! ok!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Skin coulor isnt the difference, its the upbringing and ancestory that causes these differences.

I.e: Which ever coulor you wnat to choose, if that colour was raised and had ancestory genes from africa, that person - no matter what colour, would also had them 'fast' genes.

Again, its not the skin colour, its the enviroment the genes have been in for millenia

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The fact that black people in general is better at running than white people, does not make them superior athlets, it just gives them a small advantage in certain sports.

But, where is the black people in swimming, cycling, triathlon, power lifting or winter sports (especially the endurance races where they should excel)?
I'm also not certain I ever seen a black endurance race runner, why is that? (Marathon aint "real" endurance racing)

You cannot excuse the complete absence with the price of gear or social inheritance. Does this mean that the blacks "sacrificed" their versatile athletics gene to become better runners?

This thread also open up for another type of discussion:

Lets say "the black" do have a genetical advantage, why should that be accepted in the various sports? We all know the next thing will be genetic doping and alteration of the body. (Chimps genetic muscle code for powerlifting, a wolfs muscular structure for marathons or an owls sight in golf)? I'm not suggesting X-men tomorrow, but small alterations.
Who will decide if it is a natural of a modified genetic alteration?

edit on 3-7-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Oh gawd, a thread full of white people assuaging their guilt by "admitting" blacks are superior to whites. Geez....I've never seen a group of people so brainwashed to hate themselves so much.

Oh really?

Generally the only people that say that type of nonsense are white supremacists. The only time I ever hear a white person going on about white guilt is when another white is generally saying non-racist things towards minorities. Like that poverty is directly related with crime, in any race or country.

Nearly everyone in this thread has stated that they believe white and black people are better at different physical activities. Like white people can swim better., blacks can run marathons better. How is that stating superiority?

A third of the people alluded to or just flat out said "Black people are stronger, whites are smarter".

That's soooooooo white guilt. OMG! they are saying black people are superior at playing basketball, god forbid black people be good at anything. I'm surprised you didn't call them all liberals since that is your favorite thing to do.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Hess88

I dunno, I think selective breeding might have played a significant role as well. Imagine the difference just a couple of generations could make if Olympians were bred to Olympians. That is kind of what was going on during slavery years, and it still goes on today, although more voluntarily. I have some friends that were both Olympic athletes, and their kids are pretty damn amazing. I also have a friend where both of his parents were collegiate athletes, one went to the NFL, and now the son plays in the NFL, as does his younger and older brother.

I think breeding has a role in it as well.

No, it generally doesn't work that way. Firstly, there was never a selective breeding program among slave owners. That is pure myth, if there was one it would be better documented. People document breeding dogs better than they ever did breeding slaves so I simply assume it didn't really happen on a scale large enough to affect anything. Furthermore, we shouldn't be talking about race-What we should be talking about is single human phenotype. These carry across races. There are actually white people who carry the same phenotype as the average black athlete, however they never train in sports and thus it is never used.

it should also be noted the average human lifespan is simply too long for selective breeding. Traits are not evident until maturation, full maturation doesn't really come until the late 20's to early 30's as bone and brain growth actually continue to the 30's for the bone, and mid to late 20's for the brain. (note I do not say sexual maturation). Any sort of program would have to be very long lived, 200 years simply isn't enough time for that kind of a program.

The reason an athlete's kids would excel in sports is rather easy to explain. It's not genes as genes only play a small part in physical success. It is discipline, they have taught their children the skills they used to become an athlete of that caliber and thus their children have that advantage. It's the same with musicians, people think musicians have this mystical ability and some kids are born with this innate ability-No, they either had parents who taught them their skills or they were simply interested and devoted hours of their lives to it.
edit on 3-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 3-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

I think this whole racial thing is just something put in place by the powers that be to distract us from the real issue. The margain of wealth between the middle class and the upper class.

btw blacks may seem superior in many sports and athletics, but white people are almost always holding the world STRENGTH records for pure strength athletics. I've watched the world's strongest man competitions religiously for a while and have yet to see a black person even compete.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

(The following statement is satire)
Come on everybody I thought it was common knowledge that the color or the persons skin is what makes people good at sports not their skill or personal determination, its just common sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The different racial traits found among humans is likely a simple consequence of less than two
hundred thousand years of evolution

The theory of the Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam is a widely accepted scientific theory
and states that ALL HUMAN origins can be traced back to one specific set of parents.

That's right, we all are brothers and sisters...just like the bible says. Except science theorizes
that the Y-chromosomal Adam lived sometime after the Mitochondrial Eve.

So the idea of black and white and Asian racial characteristics in humans is a fairly new one, and
interesting in that our differences are probably related to environment.

That being said....

Blacks are better athletes
Asians are smarter
Whites are more ingenious
Latins and Eurasians are more beautiful
and all of us are guilty of incest....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

Some scientists believe a combination of selective breeding by slave owners and appalling conditions meant that only the strongest slaves endured, creating a group predisposed to record-breaking athletic performance.

I'd go along with that, it pretty much sums it up, the stronger fitter slaves were the ones more likely to survive the harsh conditions, treatment, workloads, possible diseases etc etc

Those same bigger, fitter, stronger, more naturally athletic men/women would be more attractive to the opposite sex and would be a better mate and provider of offspring etc etc even to certain slave owners i'm sure lol

Its the old survival of the fittest argument, even today you see it, in Africa for instance (with the influence of the Catholic Church) contraceptives are frowned upon therefore Aids and HIV are rife, yet in certain villages there are people who although infected show no signs of illness or disease as they have developed a natural immunity through evolution i.e survival of the fittest in action.

edit on 3-7-2012 by WhoWhatWhy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well despite Asians often being stereotyped as being the worst at sports China actually finished with the most gold last Olympics. I'm not trying to say they are superior or anything like that though. There are a lot of aspects to sports and seeing as though the last Olympics was held in China desire to win for their nation would have been probably the biggest factor in why they did so well that year.

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 China (CHN) 51 21 28 100
2 United States (USA) 36 38 36 110
3 Russia (RUS) 23 21 29 73
4 Great Britain (GBR) 19 13 15 47
5 Germany (GER) 16 10 15 41
6 Australia (AUS) 14 15 17 46
7 South Korea (KOR) 13 10 8 31
8 Japan (JPN) 9 6 10 25[13]
9 Italy (ITA) 8 9 10 27
10 France (FRA) 7 16 18 41
11 Ukraine (UKR) 7 5 15 27
12 Netherlands (NED) 7 5 4 16
13 Kenya (KEN) 6 4 4 14
14 Jamaica (JAM) 6 3 2 11
15 Spain (ESP) 5 10 3 18
16 Belarus (BLR) 4 5 10 19[13]
17 Romania (ROU) 4 1 3 8
18 Ethiopia (ETH) 4 1 2 7
19 Canada (CAN) 3 9 6 18
20 Poland (POL) 3 6 1 10

Full medal tally in the link below.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-7-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Hess88

I dunno, I think selective breeding might have played a significant role as well. Imagine the difference just a couple of generations could make if Olympians were bred to Olympians. That is kind of what was going on during slavery years, and it still goes on today, although more voluntarily. I have some friends that were both Olympic athletes, and their kids are pretty damn amazing. I also have a friend where both of his parents were collegiate athletes, one went to the NFL, and now the son plays in the NFL, as does his younger and older brother.

I think breeding has a role in it as well.

No, it generally doesn't work that way. Firstly, there was never a selective breeding program among slave owners. That is pure myth, if there was one it would be better documented. People document breeding dogs better than they ever did breeding slaves so I simply assume it didn't really happen on a scale large enough to affect anything. Furthermore, we shouldn't be talking about race-What we should be talking about is single human phenotype. These carry across races. There are actually white people who carry the same phenotype as the average black athlete, however they never train in sports and thus it is never used.

it should also be noted the average human lifespan is simply too long for selective breeding. Traits are not evident until maturation, full maturation doesn't really come until the late 20's to early 30's as bone and brain growth actually continue to the 30's for the bone, and mid to late 20's for the brain. (note I do not say sexual maturation). Any sort of program would have to be very long lived, 200 years simply isn't enough time for that kind of a program.

The reason an athlete's kids would excel in sports is rather easy to explain. It's not genes as genes only play a small part in physical success. It is discipline, they have taught their children the skills they used to become an athlete of that caliber and thus their children have that advantage. It's the same with musicians, people think musicians have this mystical ability and some kids are born with this innate ability-No, they either had parents who taught them their skills or they were simply interested and devoted hours of their lives to it.

edit on 3-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

I wanted to speak to this because I asserted earlier that blacks in America were likely stronger and better
athletes as a result of selective breeding by those godamned slave owners.

But after thinking about it (sorry if this is insensitive, but I'm Native American and don't really have a
dog in this hunt) it would seem that rather then breed selectively that slaves owners would be better
served to breed slaves quickly. Slaves were a commodity and the more you owned the better.

So the idea of selective breeding seems illogical and might not be the case.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

But after thinking about it (sorry if this is insensitive, but I'm Native American and don't really have a
dog in this hunt) it would seem that rather then breed selectively that slaves owners would be better
served to breed slaves quickly. Slaves were a commodity and the more you owned the better.

So the idea of selective breeding seems illogical and might not be the case.

You are correct, but most slave owners didn't really force breeding persay. they simply let nature run it's course. you did need permission to get married, but how could they really control screwing? They couldn't, people are gonna pork.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I have to completely disagree.

There is a 4 year old girl that comes to my house every weekend, her mother and father are both athletes, and she is just amazingly athletic completely naturally. She climbs the rock walls better than the boys, she can do a handstand, she can cross the cross bars, when she grabs the sliding door to open it, people stop and look at the muscles in her back. One day a couple of people noticed her muscular back and legs, and they had her opening and closing the door in amazement.

Also, if you look at the body type, Just in general, a lot of black women have long legs, a tilted pelvis, large gluteus muscles, very lean build, etc. A lot of black men that have never touched a weight in their life still have large pectoral and tricep muscles.

Sure, there is probably a couple of specific genes that can explain it, but there is no doubt those genes are more common in certain races of people. Over the millenia they have surely bled into other races, and there are plenty of white people that are naturally athletic. A good friend of mine is Armenian, and he was the strongest guy on a Division I football team, and it was completely natural, it wasn't from training or anything else, it was just him being him, and he was white, but he had whatever it is that helps people to recruit higher numbers of muscle fiber for short durations. That is where strength comes from. Speed and explosiveness comes from higher numbers of fast-twitch muscle fiber.

I know plenty of Olympic and Professional caliber athletes that do not have their kids in any organized sports, yet the kids are naturally athletic anyway, and I know plenty of parents that push their kids into organized sports, with expensive trainers from very early ages, and they are still just average. Genetics plays a huge role.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
#, thise guys in the olympics running the 100 meter looked slow to me, a shame no ones ever got to see me run, i blew away the Tamba Bay best runner playing football on the beach back in 94 and I know I still have my speed. I'd like to try this talking # #er on the track. I believe i can hit 18 mph or so. I use to love keeping up with bikers for the short time i could , it drains you quick! But it sounds like their mouth is still as immature, so they go back down because nobody likes # talkers or poor sports! I've been into weight lifting and cross country for the pas 25 years, you don't see me acting like a punk bragging about # that is not even true! Statistics would show otherwise, this is the type of talk we all have to hear when you give people everything!
edit on 3-7-2012 by ATSGrunt because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2012 by ATSGrunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think the thread title is either wrong either a lie.It is about black people being better than white people in ALL AREAS AND ALL OVER THE PLANET, or that black people in USA are better that white people in SOME SPORT AREA?

Because, yes, in US, some sport domains are proved to have more blacks and that is because the blacks are SUPERIOR to whites in that area.Talk about basketball, marathon, sprint in all over forms, maybe swimming, american football...but this is pretty much all.

Now, when we throw in the WORLD (yes gringos, the world doesn't end on your Atlantic and Pacific shores) blacks are...spots in a sea of whites.And that is because the whites are superioe in pretty much everything else.
European football (billions of supporters compared with american's 200 million supporters), hockey (canadian, US and european teams are vastly dominated by whites) , basketball (yep, worldwide, whites are dominant), swimming, all winter sports, all motor sports, and pretty much whatever else not related with running, like caiac-canoe, or yachting, or CHESS (sorry, blacks might running faster but whites are smarter).

Anyway, it is something WRONG or UNNATURAL that black people run faster and white people are smarter?
Nope, it is just the way it is.God (or aliens, or nature) made us different.And this is good.I really would have hate humanity to be smart but being eat by lions or to run fast but living in huts.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Recollector because: *

edit on 3-7-2012 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join