It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones ‘Jim’, a Police Officer Warns of an “Event” in October, 2012

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

You say,

It doesn't matter if Jones just parroted Cooper

This is hardly breaking the story, and you did say "He broke".
Now you take the position that he parroted...
This is COMMON SENSE.

You say,

I watched this live, by the way.

NOW, that is something I believe!!

Now you say,

By the way;
Bill Cooper was a moron. He calls Jones a liar?

A moron yet Scare em all Al Jones parrots him.

I see...
Bill did not "break" the idea that Scare em all Al was a schill, he just parroted the vast majority of informed people.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Alex Jones does more in five minutes for the cause of speading awareness of what is happening in the world than all you naysayers combined will ever accomplish in your collective lifetimes.

Why do feel it necessary to disparage Alex Jones all the time? So what if you disagree with him? So what if you don't like his style of communication? Who the # gives a damn what you petty morons think of him?

All you're doing is trying to gain brownie points with your petty attacks on the messenger.

Do you really think your petty drivel about Alex Jones adds substance to your posts on ATS?

Give it a rest already.

Grow up.

Nobody cares what you personally think of Alex Jones.
edit on 7/2/2012 by dubiousone because: Spelling corrections.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Why do feel it necessary to disparage alex Jones all the time?

Because he is a disinfo agent of his own kind? To further promotion of his show for ratings: i.e. money.

He isn't a journalist - he is an entertainer. People have a right to call out such a charlatan - his ridiculous claims, predictions and babbling amount to nothing on a regular basis. Yet people tune in. And believe this clown. We can disparage such a person if we like. Someone has to try to spread the truth about such a person.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Laokin

You say,

It doesn't matter if Jones just parroted Cooper

This is hardly breaking the story, and you did say "He broke".
Now you take the position that he parroted...
This is COMMON SENSE.

You say,

I watched this live, by the way.

NOW, that is something I believe!!

Now you say,

By the way;

A moron yet Scare em all Al Jones parrots him.

I see...
Bill did not "break" the idea that Scare em all Al was a schill, he just parroted the vast majority of informed people.

Reading comprehension. Do you have it? The keyword is "IF." I never "took" the position that he did indeed parrot cooper. I said IF Everything following was completely in context of a "WHAT IF" scenario.

I said I was completely unfamiliar with Cooper. As in, I NEVER heard of him a day in my life. Therefor, one could logically conclude that I was pandering to those statements. If I never heard of Cooper, how could I know what he did or didn't say? I couldn't, which I didn't, which is why you fail at comprehension. I'll be extra careful for the slow people out there this time.

Even *IF* Jones "Parroted" it still doesn't make him a fraud. My point was that this statement was erroneous, apparently that flew right over your head.

The definition of "breaking a story" is not being the first person to mention it, it's being the first person to cover the information on a platform that reaches a mass audience.

Therefor by, Jones still "broke" the story.

And again, still really unfamiliar with Cooper, I just saw his "Alex Jones Exposed" video and it was absolutely moronic.

The truth is, Cooper was a lunatic. He was deranged and delusional. He had a federal warrant for Tax Evasion and it finally caught up to him, so what does he do? He shoots an officer in the head, some how it's overlooked that Cooper indeed fired the first shot. Evidently he even said on his radio show that he wouldn't be taken alive.

All you people assuming he was assassinated because he was leaking information are disillusioned as well. He was a conspiracy nut and admitted to not paying his taxes.

Cooper was also a nobody, which is why I never heard of him. He was small time and hosted a part time show on short wave radio. This is entry level radio... meaning his audience size was not even close to the size of Jones. He didn't even have a platform to break a nail let alone 9/11.

He might have beat Alex to the punch, but there is no telling that Alex didn't make the same discovery on his own. I'm sure he did, however, there is really no way to prove such a matter.

My point regardless was that it's the fact that the information was out, who broke the story first is like arguing over who has the biggest peen. It's just dumb for the sake of dumb. Yet you all like to discredit Jones based on ONLY this principle.

Another fallacy.

Also, why would you doubt that I seen the broadcast.... I'm sure many others on ATS have too, Jones had a very sizable audience even back in 01. He isn't some "new" phenomenon. I watched him back when he was dead wrong about Y2K also.... Journalists get things wrong all the time, there is no journalist with a 100% track record... Every shooter misses occasionally, even the top class marksmen.

P.S.

He also had warrants for "aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" and "endangerment" charges alongside his Tax Evasion warrant. Clearly having a history of violence, which he proved to be accurate when he shot a cop in the head and then fled.

I'm not saying I believe in income tax, however, if you evade them -- the real consequence IS jail time, and Cooper knew that and openly said they wouldn't take him alive... which he made a reality. When they came to arrest him for tax evasion that he admitted to, he opened fire on the would be arresting officers striking one in the head.

A real conspiracy.... NOT.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Because he is a disinfo agent of his own kind? To further promotion of his show for ratings: i.e. money.

He isn't a journalist - he is an entertainer. People have a right to call out such a charlatan - his ridiculous claims, predictions and babbling amount to nothing on a regular basis. Yet people tune in. And believe this clown. We can disparage such a person if we like. Someone has to try to spread the truth about such a person.

You think too highly of yourself.

Alex doesn't babble. He speaks passionately. Is that why you say he "babbles"? If you think the topics Alex talks about are "nothing", well, that says a lot about you.

Who are you to "call out" Alex Jones? Posting your negatively biased opinion of him does not equate to "calling him out". You give yourself far too much credit.

Alex is no clown.

If you think that hurling insults at Alex Jones enhances the creditbility of your posts, you're wrong. It has the opposite effect and makes you seem like someone not worth paying any attention to.

Negative name dropping is not a technique of persuasion.
edit on 7/2/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by fleabit

You think too highly of yourself.

Alex doesn't babble. He talks passionately. Is that why you use the term "babble"? What Alex talks about is certainly not in the category of "nothing".

Who are you to "call out" Alex Jones? Expressing your negative opinion of him does not equate to "calling him out". You give yourself far too much credit.

Alex is no clown. Your use of disparaging adjectives when discussing him makes a clown of you.

If you think that hurling insults at Alex Jones somehow enhances the quality and creditbility of your posts, you're dead wrong. It has the opposite effect and makes you seem like someone not worth listening to. Negative name dropping is a very poor technique of persuasion.
edit on 7/2/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

Bingo. And this is all that nut Bill Cooper even did. Negative name dropping and character slants. There wasn't ever any substance to his claims and he made no effort to back them up either.... Just like his deluded followers.

If I were to hold people on a pedestal, I wouldn't even put Cooper on a Toothpick. No comparison to Jones. I will concede that Cooper wasn't a shill, but he might as well have been.... he was a provocateur of violence... this is what TPTB want anyhow, so again, not a shill -- but served the same purpose as one. He just did it without the funding.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Any time you see "Alex Jones" you know there is some sensationalistic crap involved.
Scare em all Al Jones has NEVER predicted ANYTHING.
Which is shocking as if you put out enough lines, something has got to bite.

www.youtube.com...

Hmm seems he just hit onto it by making a heap of claims but generally I think he was in the ballpark there.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Don't know if this Jim guy is for real or not....probably is fake but every radio show gets the odd caller who does something like this.
As for Alex Jones. I love listening to his shows.
Most of the research by him and his team are spot on.
He has some great guests on his show.

I don't listen to the knockers.
If they don't trust him...don't listen to him !

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin
By the way;

Look, when you call someone a liar, you prove it, you don't just claim it and call someone names. That's not credible and Bill Cooper lost all credibility when he did that.

Every time Jones insinuates someone is less than truthful, he shows you why. A clear example was when he exposed Beck. He showed clips of Beck making fraudulent statements, then showed new clips where Beck claims he never made said statements, etc. This is how you SHOW someone deception. Cooper never did that, he attacked Jones via Ad Hominem. As we all know here, that is a logical fallacy, it's an attack on the person and NOT an attack on the message... however, it's the MESSAGE that is being disputed. (A lie is a fraudulent message, so you attack the message, not the person who delivered it. When you prove the message to be purposefully deceitful, the person delivering it loses credibility autonomously without ever attacking the actual person.)
edit on 1-7-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

"The russians just launched several missiles and they're headed to New York" -Alex Jones 12/31/00 A blatant lie.
"Cosmetics are made with baby eyes" -Alex Jones Another blatant lie.

He lies at least 5 times per episode.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike

Originally posted by Laokin
By the way;

Look, when you call someone a liar, you prove it, you don't just claim it and call someone names. That's not credible and Bill Cooper lost all credibility when he did that.

Every time Jones insinuates someone is less than truthful, he shows you why. A clear example was when he exposed Beck. He showed clips of Beck making fraudulent statements, then showed new clips where Beck claims he never made said statements, etc. This is how you SHOW someone deception. Cooper never did that, he attacked Jones via Ad Hominem. As we all know here, that is a logical fallacy, it's an attack on the person and NOT an attack on the message... however, it's the MESSAGE that is being disputed. (A lie is a fraudulent message, so you attack the message, not the person who delivered it. When you prove the message to be purposefully deceitful, the person delivering it loses credibility autonomously without ever attacking the actual person.)
edit on 1-7-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

"The russians just launched several missiles and they're headed to New York" -Alex Jones 12/31/00 A blatant lie.
"Cosmetics are made with baby eyes" -Alex Jones Another blatant lie.

He lies at least 5 times per episode.

Dont forget his rant on Obama signing an executive order locking up all of his personal records. Another fabrication.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I'm with you on that. I think Texas is filled with brave Patriots yet if there was to be an invasion it would most likely come through Texas borders first and that would make it the worst possible place to be at the time next to California and Arizona.

Also if you read my comments about the Jim guy, I think that he is doing what he can to wake up some people through his ministry and radio blog show. The news he spreads is really nothing new to any of us who have been watching for years now.

edit on 2-7-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
if you have IE
hit on the compatibility button beside the adress box
sad for you that no YT vid works .. i would be pissed

when was the last time it worked ?
maybe try to restore your OS to a date when it was working
had a problem recently with videos not loading correctly
after messing with programs to install more codecs .. it has change something

Thanks for the suggestions, but it started working by itself within 48 hours, and I did watch the video.

Pretty scary if true, but like all ATSers I've become somewhat skeptical of predictions like these, and I do take everything Alex Jones says with a grain of salt. . Even so, I'll be watching to see what happens, and I'm guessing that if it actually does happen in St. Louis, then it's probably just a dry run for the rest of the country.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

didn't realize that the claim of martial law fear mongering is now 11 years old and ticking. WOW!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't care if you are a mod.
Don't you DARE use common sense and logic to debase AJ.
Your obviously just trying to dilute this thread.
Its not gonna work.
When has AJ or his unnamed source ever been wrong?
edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Alex Jones exxagerates this stuff.Probably preparing though for possible preparation for economy failing and the election protesting could get ugly.If Israel strikes Iran there are Iran sleeper cells in the U.S. they might be preparing for as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
John Moore is also warning of something that will cause the military to bug out with 2 weeks warning or so that has been guessed to be October by others online. He relates his stuff to nibiru. I don't know what to think of that, but HAARP and other things maybe.

2012 is coded throughout the Koran, so we should be on guard and ready for anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

2012 is coded throughout the Koran,

I'd like some proof of that

also i trust AJ about as far as i could throw him,

This is pretty interesting

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My uncle works for the government and told my family to get ready and stock up on food supplies, water
and medicine. He said something big is going to happen this october before Elections 2012. He told us to be prepare that around October something big will happen that could last for months. He said the key states where the event would take place where Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida. He spoke to us by phone about three months ago he works for the department of defense cant give his name promised not to tell anyone but I just wanted to share with everyone here. I have no idea what might happen this upcoming october take it with a grain of salt because I dont care if People believe me or not have nothing to prove just wanted to pass it along. I was shocked to see that the statements made in that video coincide with what my uncle told my family.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecrecyBeyond
My uncle works for the government and told my family to get ready and stock up on food supplies, water
and medicine. He said something big is going to happen this october before Elections 2012. He told us to be prepare that around October something big will happen that could last for months. He said the key states where the event would take place where Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida. He spoke to us by phone about three months ago he works for the department of defense cant give his name promised not to tell anyone but I just wanted to share with everyone here. I have no idea what might happen this upcoming october take it with a grain of salt because I dont care if People believe me or not have nothing to prove just wanted to pass it along. I was shocked to see that the statements made in that video coincide with what my uncle told my family.

This "uncle" may be a nice guy or whatever, but he's full of sh*t. The only thing big happening this year in those states is going to be bickering over who to vote for.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Personally, I need more than someone saying that they're a police officer and that "something" will happen in October that will involve "local military" and "air support" protecting affluent neighborhoods in Missouri, before I get worried. That could mean literally anything, and we've been told that "martial law" would be imposed sometime this year by Alex Jones and others for decade upon decade upon decade now. It hasn't happened.

That doesn't mean nothing will ever happen. History has a way of changing suddenly and in ways we can't predict or control. But it does mean that there's very little here to go on that would make me feel inclined to be particularly concerned. I have a feeling when the next big "event" does happen, it will be like 9/11. Sudden, largely unexpected in terms of a specific date, and with only a tiny, largely under the radar handful of people even remotely raising the specter of it being a possibility.

I could be wrong, of course.

Peace.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join