It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by zerbot565
teacher 100k a year ???

im a little bit perplexed

does he teach rocket science

No. He teaches discipline to kids who need to learn a little respect, he teaches them that they cannot do or say whatever they want. Something every school needs if you ask me. If the parents wont instill it in them, some joe they start some # with on the streets will.. and I promise you, it wont be nearly as pretty.

Oh you were there? How was it? What did he say exactly? Oh you don't know? So you weren't there? So how do you know the kid provoked him or didn't provoke him? How can you seriously sit there with a logical mind and run it through your head that we can judge based on a video with no sound, with almost no detail about the situation
Forget it this is pointless.
edit on 30-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Actually, you were the first person to post what you thought the dialogue was, using quotes and everything.... just sayin

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by Psychonautix
reply to post by axistiger

So he is a thug now hmm?

No, not now. He was a thug the moment he was born melanin rich.
Thug is the new "N" word.
AM radio right wingers use code words. This is not so you do not know what they are saying but so they can deny it. Thug = uppity n*****.

The teacher was also black, that's not going to work this time.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by PurpleChiten

wow... you got all that because there was no audio ?

and the kid was obviously the aggressor because all the security was on him ?

yeeesh

By the way, he could very well have been in admin, or coaching..so its not unthinkable that was his salary, but it is beside the point.

I got all that because I've been in those schools and have seen the things that go on in them. 99% of the time, it's threats of physical violence, threats of using guns or other weapons and if it's not addressed, they actually come back in with the guns or weapons.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was astounded to see how many adults in the video allowed the attack to continue.

And I can't believe that I have to say this--but it obviously needs to be said-- It is NEVER okay to lay your hands on another. To make matters worse, the teacher is in a position of authority, and as the ADULT, it was up to him to de-escalate the situation. Instead, he viscously attacked that kid. The teacher is the aggressor here.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE KID SAID--IT'S NOT OKAY FOR A GROWN MAN TO BEAT A CHILD.

Sorry for yelling, but I'm hoping to get through to the dense &/or violent prone posting on here. I hope the mom sues, and I hope the teacher loses his job. Most importantly, though, I hope that the teacher realizes his mistake, and that those dense &/or violent prone on here look deep inside to see why they think that an adult physically attacking a child is okay.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by numinousness
I was astounded to see how many adults in the video allowed the attack to continue.

And I can't believe that I have to say this--but it obviously needs to be said-- It is NEVER okay to lay your hands on another. To make matters worse, the teacher is in a position of authority, and as the ADULT, it was up to him to de-escalate the situation. Instead, he viscously attacked that kid. The teacher is the aggressor here.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE KID SAID--IT'S NOT OKAY FOR A GROWN MAN TO BEAT A CHILD.

Sorry for yelling, but I'm hoping to get through to the dense &/or violent prone posting on here. I hope the mom sues, and I hope the teacher loses his job. Most importantly, though, I hope that the teacher realizes his mistake, and that those dense &/or violent prone on here look deep inside to see why they think that an adult physically attacking a child is okay.

Even if the kid was going to get a gun and already told them he was shooting all of them? Or said he had his gun right there in the backpack and was going to pull it out and shoot them?
I can see many reasons for it and have witnessed things like this before.
I think the audio was ommitted for a reason, to hide what was actually happening.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If you research other links, you'll find it wasn't a teacher at all, he was the "security dean", in other words, the head of security, which means there was a security risk involved....

The whole story isn't being told here

.... also, look at the size of the guy. If he REALLY wanted to "beat the kid down", he could have done that with one punch. It's clear he was subduing the kid and the kid was resisting. As the "security dean", he did act appropriately whether we like the way it "looks" on the video or not.
The audio is the key and if it goes to court, the audio will be included and all doubt will be removed.
edit on 30-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Teacher gets payed 95k to teach children.. which if he did properly is worth the money...

An Athlete plays a game A GAME.... A GAME and gets payed millions... but oh yeah that is okay because athletes do so much to brighten our future let us slam on the teachers by picking on the dumbest one we can find so we can crap on their pay.

edit on 30-6-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
Teacher gets payed 95k to teach children.. which if he did properly is worth the money...

An Athlete plays a game A GAME.... A GAME and gets payed millions... but oh yeah that is okay because athletes do so much to brighten our future let us slam on the teachers by picking on the dumbest one we can find so we can crap on their pay.

teachers don't get paid 95k.... the other news links say he was the security dean, not a teacher. It was his job to subdue someone who was making violent threats, which was probably the case since the security dean is involved.
The teachers make around 35k. The salary was added in that story to cause public uproar and the position was wrongly cited for the same reason... as well as the audio being left off.

....now you know I'm a fair person, I did support you when you spoke of your niece being sent home for the hoodie incident. I'm well aware of what goes on in inner city schools and in this case, that kid was a danger and was dealt with by the dean of security.

ETA: sorry, I confused you with the OP. I apologize for that error

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

The "teacher" is not the one that used the word thug.
That was white folk.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

teachers don't get paid 95k.... the other news links say he was the security dean, not a teacher. It was his job to subdue someone who was making violent threats, which was probably the case since the security dean is involved.
The teachers make around 35k. The salary was added in that story to cause public uproar and the position was wrongly cited for the same reason... as well as the audio being left off.

....now you know I'm a fair person, I did support you when you spoke of your niece being sent home for the hoodie incident. I'm well aware of what goes on in inner city schools and in this case, that kid was a danger and was dealt with by the dean of security.

I stand corrected. Either way.. why was the persons salary brought up .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

The "teacher" is not the one that used the word thug.
That was white folk.

white folk aren't the only ones that use the word, believe me!!!
I hear it from practically every race that exists.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by numinousness

You are absolutely wrong.

It's okay to defend yourself if a child is attacking you, especially if they're coming after you with a knife or a gun.

That's just sheer absolute crap to say otherwise.

EVERYBODY has the right to self defense, and it's sheer idiocy to say people don't.

I really wish this retarded attitude would go the way of the dodo.

IT'S NEVER OKAY TO VERBALLY ASSAULT OR ANTAGONIZE ANYONE EITHER.

I'll never understand this retarded attitude that a person has to let a child hurt them or injure them rather than defend themselves.

I'll never understand, nor support this retarded attitude that it's okay for anyone to verbally antagonize another person all to hell and back but not allow that person to defend themselves and that they have to sit there and take it.

What a bunch of horsecrap.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I stand corrected. Either way.. why was the persons salary brought up .

The news story used it to sensationalize and get people riled up

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Haters gonna hate, and violent-prone "idiots" gonna be violent. So glad I don't know you (violent) folks.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
...yeah, that kid was definitely a violent hater. Glad the Security Dean was there to take care of him before he started shooting people!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's funny how the the "kids are so special" people try to spin wanting to be able to defend oneself from a violent kid into a violent prone individual.

Never underestimate the kid just because of a number.

there are kids out there that'd just as soon castrate you with a dull butter knife and have the strength to do it too, especially if they roam in packs.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonautix

Wow, nice retort Psycho. Apparently those anger management classes aren't working out for you. Your right you don't know me, yet you addressed me as a racist, an ahole, right-winger, and a moron, that says alot about yourself. As for who I am, am biracial, definitely not a "right winger" or a "flaming liberal", hold two B.S., and 2 Masters degrees. Oh, by the way, I work with these kids every day, so yea, I do have a pretty good idea, what goes on in our schools and the student's out of control behaviors. As for my addressing the kid as a thug, unlike yourself, I do not assign a color to a term, thugs come in all colors. Personally, I could give a flying fart what your definition of "thug" is. The kid took a swing at an adult in a school setting, not the act of a kid that shows social constraint, much like yourself. I presented the additional video as a example of how a picture changes, when an audio is present. Your foaming at the mouth tirade, was entertaining but try to keep it civil, you'll have better success with getting your point across. Psycho, think happy thoughts, maybe that will help

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So if a nine year old kid is coming after you to harm you with a knife or a gun it's never okay to hit back in self defense?

Oh wait, it's got to be the adult's fault.

How silly of me.

..and did you see a gun or a knife?

The only time the kid started getting violent was when he felt he had no choice, after being pushed into table and slammed around. Almost any human would react in such a manner after being treated that way.

edit on 30-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

My thoughts exactly. I don't care how much he made or what the kid said what. If he was entering the school without a proper ID yes it's not good for the school but it does not give him the right to grab the child and push him into that table the way he did. He could have called the security guards cleared the room and let them handle it. Someone said he could have been on drugs and it took so many people to bring him down, he just looked very squirmy and non violent until the very end. Anyone who thinks the teacher was right does not have a kid or is okay with teachers grabbing the sh!t out of kids, we pay them to TEACH not put their hands on our kids. If this was my kid I'd be super furious . Wow sorry for the rant but I just can't believe people think its okay. Also kudos to the kid for not being violent and letting the camera catch the truth

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by zerbot565
teacher 100k a year ???

im a little bit perplexed

does he teach rocket science

No. He teaches discipline to kids who need to learn a little respect, he teaches them that they cannot do or say whatever they want. Something every school needs if you ask me. If the parents wont instill it in them, some joe they start some # with on the streets will.. and I promise you, it wont be nearly as pretty.

Oh you were there? How was it? What did he say exactly? Oh you don't know? So you weren't there? So how do you know the kid provoked him or didn't provoke him? How can you seriously sit there with a logical mind and run it through your head that we can judge based on a video with no sound, with almost no detail about the situation
Forget it this is pointless.
edit on 30-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Actually, you were the first person to post what you thought the dialogue was, using quotes and everything.... just sayin

Hahaha you beat me to it, well done.

Anywho, I reckon I was speaking more in general terms, even though I know it can't be seen in my post. I'm just so tired of these kids running around with no respect. I think that video of the kids harrasing that bus monitor not to long ago sent me over the edge.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunmetal

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So if a nine year old kid is coming after you to harm you with a knife or a gun it's never okay to hit back in self defense?

Oh wait, it's got to be the adult's fault.

How silly of me.

..and did you see a gun or a knife?

The only time the kid started getting violent was when he felt he had no choice, after being pushed into table and slammed around. Almost any human would react in such a manner after being treated that way.

edit on 30-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

My thoughts exactly. I don't care how much he made or what the kid said what. If he was entering the school without a proper ID yes it's not good for the school but it does not give him the right to grab the child and push him into that table the way he did. He could have called the security guards cleared the room and let them handle it. Someone said he could have been on drugs and it took so many people to bring him down, he just looked very squirmy and non violent until the very end. Anyone who thinks the teacher was right does not have a kid or is okay with teachers grabbing the sh!t out of kids, we pay them to TEACH not put their hands on our kids. If this was my kid I'd be super furious . Wow sorry for the rant but I just can't believe people think its okay. Also kudos to the kid for not being violent and letting the camera catch the truth

That's just it, he WAS the SECURITY. He wasn't a teachr, the story lied about that. I checked other links and did a web search, the guy was the DEAN OF SECURITY, not a teacher. Dean of Security means he was a teacher at one time and is now in charge of the security team that works there because a certified educator is in charge...something akin to "vice principal" or "dean in charge of discipline" or something of that nature for those not familar with the present buzzwords in education.
He wasn't a history teacher who just happened to be walking by, he was the head of security and it was his job to deal with issues that arise involving threats, violence, beligerance and so on.
The audio isn't included in the video and my feeling is that it was intentionally left off to make it look like the kid was "innocent" in all this instead of shouting out threats about shooting or stabbing or blowing up the school with a weapon that he may have been claiming was in his backpack or vehicle and he was on his way to get it.
I've seen it happen many times (that type of threat) and it wouldn't be out fo the ordinary at all.

As far as the kid not being violent.... did you watch the same video the rest of us did? He was swinging punches, kicking, grabbed the guys legs trying to tackle him.... he was definitely physically violent and probably verbally violent but the audio was conveniently not included.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join