It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Even if the kid did say something that's pretty excessive. It's a school how many freaking security guards do they have? It was like a clown car full of blue suits. Police force I tell you

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Any way you look at this, the teacher should not have placed a hand on the student. He is not an officer, security personal or in any position to try to "stop/subdue" anyone. He should have left whatever hostile actions by the child to the security/police liaison officer on the scene, as there was obviously one there. A 250 pound man tackling the kid is a bit excessive in any event.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What a waste of 1:45 seconds to watch the video and the additional 30 seconds to post this reply.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by lacrimosa

I applaud this teacher.

I really don't understand today's society's attitude that a kid can say anything they want to and not be held accountable for their actions. If you're being antagonistic a person should have every right to to defend themselves, regardless of the nature of the antagonism.

Just because they're a kid doesn't mean they can do whatever they want to without any kind of responsibilities for their actions.

I do not understand this attitude that a kid should be allowed to mouth off at any adult they so wish without having any consequences to their actions.

It's crap.

Freedom of speech is one thing, but trying to hurt another person is not free speech.

Lmao stop lying dude. You wouldn't let a teacher beat the hell out of your kid like that and you sure as hell wouldn't volunteer yourself.

Why do people on ATS quick to label expulsions and suspensions for words WRONG but delight in seeing the snot getting kicked out of adolescents?

What ever happened to detention.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use

edit on Sat Jun 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The teacher could have definitely handled the situation with a lot more grace; however, we don't really know how its like in that school. The fact that they have scanners and 5+ security guards tells me things can get dangerous real fast.

Honestly, I see both sides on this one. The kid was breaking a very obvious and strict security protocol. The teacher grabbed him too hard. The kid flipped out. And everything escalated from there.

I will agree though that the OP title is a bit sensationalist and the salary irrelevant.
A bit of a stretch saying that a teacher out of the blue attacked some random kid.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

For one thing I'm never going to have children, I had myself sterilized.

Secondly, it all depends on the circumstances, if my kid was verbally antagonizing the teacher, I'd spank him. If he wasn't verbally antagonizing the teacher, I'd press charges against the teacher and sue the school.

Unlike most people in society these days, I look at cause and effect, and look at the entire picture instead of just the teacher's actions.

I don't believe in coddling, spoiling, and over protecting kids. I don't believe that kids ar e so super special that you can't even say a harsh word to them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It doesnt take drugs to stand up, and fend for yourself. Why do drugs have to be in this?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

how does the teachers salary play into his actions???

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Thanks for the credit!!! I for one will take your words as a compliment
There is absolutely nothing wrong with our youths of today standing up for themselves and asking questions. Would you rather our civilization freeze in a generation of ignorance, heads down, not asking questions cause they tell you everything is fine?! Yes sir, no sir, ok I'll shut up now sir. How did that approach work out? Look around you NOTHING is right with todays world.

If you show respect you get respect in return, goes for everyone. You do not have to physically hit your child to teach him/her this lesson.

As for the video... i don't hear any audio. All i see are actions and reactions. The adult looks like he is trying to pin the youth to the ground and the youth is simply trying to keep his balance. I guess expecting an adult to act like an adult is foolish... silly me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinair1
reply to post by smyleegrl

It doesnt take drugs to stand up, and fend for yourself. Why do drugs have to be in this?

I have to agree with you on that statement.

How that kid reacted after being pushed and shoved 3 to 4 times, is pretty much typical of how human behavior can "snap" after being pushed so far.

I also think there is a good possibility that other students watching, were yelling at the kid to "fight back". We don't have any audio, so there could have been a few factors at play here on why he "lost it" on the teacher .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

You are right!!! As a matter of fact, at this time I have a black eye because I got sucker punched by a stupid kid (15-17 y.o 5' 9h) yes, he was taller than me
. Long story short, I asked this kid and his friends to leave the pool because they don't live at my property (I am the property manager) and because they were acting stupid in the pool area. We have signs all over the place stating that the pool is for residents only. When I kicked them out they started giving me attitude, one of them came very close to my face and told me to "make him" leave.

I asked him several times to get the hell out of my face and my property (by this time we were both cursing at each other), he pushed me and I pushed him back; keep in mind that I was by myself and it was 4 of them, not that I was scared (I am 35 y.o 5'6h) or anything like it but no one was around to be my witness in case of all this pushing turned into a fight because pretty much this kid was "bullying me" pushing me and telling me to "make him" leave the property . Well, all of a sudden,I guess this p.o.s decided to be a "hero" in front of his friends and sucker-punched me right in my eye. He really caught me off guard because never in a million years thought that this kid was going to have the audacity to punch me- He did, and it was a good punch because when I tried to react, the visibility on mi right side was gone and my mind kept telling me "Not to do anything stupid because he was a minor" and I also was thinking about my job. Wasn't sure if the company that I work for were going to be on my side.

Suddenly, one of my residents came out of his apartment and asked me if I was ok. He said that he saw him hit me, when he said that I asked him if he could be my witness in case s.h.t.f. (because I was ready to kick the living crap out of this kid) When my resident said yes, I was ready to fight this little maggot but the little p.o.s raised his arms, turned his back at me, started to walk towards the exit and kept saying "I'm #ing leaving" I got in front of him and asked him to hit me again but as soon as he got to the street they all ran away. By the time the cops arrived to my property they were gone, I could not press charges because I don't know who they were and pretty much got my face fckd up!

Trust me, this wont happen to me EVER again, if a little kid thinks he is tough enough to pick a fight against somebody much older than him (in this case ...ME) He is going to get what he deserves.
edit on 30-6-2012 by GFDGFS because: grammar

edit on 30-6-2012 by GFDGFS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This does not look like an attack to me. This looks like the boy was being restrained. If his back hurts.. it might have something to do with him attempting to pick up a much much heavier man.

The teacher even puts the kid into a chair. The kid response? To go low, grab the teacher by his legs and attempt to pick him up.

I view these things differently than most. I had a teacher who roughed me up a few times, and each time I deserved it. If anything, that teacher taught me a lot about taking responsibility for my own actions, respect for others, and how to be man. My Mother raised me in a single parent home. For as much as she did and as much as she sacrificed, there is some things she could not teach me, how to be man was one of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm confused and my head really hurts. Where in the world did people get the idea this kid was mouthing off at the guy? I...I don't even

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
in my school, which was a grammar school, they still used corporal punishment, for what were often seemingly small infractions of the rules. i suffered the strap myself a few times, and i was by no means a troublesome student. i was lazy but nothing worse. while i came through school unscathed mentally by any of this, i didn't think at the time, and still do not, that inflicting physical pain on a pupil as a punishment was in any way acceptable, or even helpful.
now, regarding the incident in question; the teacher helped create, then escalated the situation to the point where 7 people or so intervened. his actions only served to amplify the tension, when he could have diffused it. doesn't matter about audio and what the kid did or did not say. the video shows quite plainly who was at fault here.
edit on 30/6/12 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It looks like

Kid: "But I come here everyday how do none of you recognize my face"

Guys: "Sorry but we can't let you in without ID"

Kid: "What if I go get a teacher that knows me and show you guys this is my school"

Guys: "Sorry we cant allow that"

Kid: *walks away*

Teacher: "Hey! Didn't I tell you to get off campus!"

Kid: "Then I'll just go through the side doors (or something)"

Teacher: "No you won't" *grabs kid*

Kid: "Let go of my arm (probably annoyed and reckless)"

Teacher: "What're you gonna do about it"

Kid: *swings* "I said let go!"

Teacher doesn't let go...altercation ensues

That's what I see happening, from the body language from everyone that was there. It did not look like this kid was looking for trouble, nor did it look like this kid was looking for a fight. He looked like he wanted to get in the school o go to school. But then again, that's my opinion

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For all of you saying this kid deserved it your all disgusting human beings that's a fact. Like evilsadamclone your such a hypocrite talking about people like us being the reason my generation is disrespectful blah blah blah. No it's people like you that is the reason we are like this. Because people like you have no sympathy whatsoever and think when someone makes a wrong decision they deserve such harsh punishment. I'm not saying the kid didn't do anything wrong NONE OF YOU can make a 100% accurate judgement on that cause you were not there and there is no sound in the video. So for any of you(yes even the people supporting the kid) to try and say who is right or wrong is pretty ignorant. You can only assume based on the evidence we are provided with. Even if that kid told em every cuss word in the books and swung at them the teacher had no right whatsoever throwing him around especially being as big as he is. All they needed to do was restrain him. Now for those of you who say kids deserve this type of treatment you are so twisted in the head just because back in your day you received that punishment does not mean it is still appropriate. Harsh discipline like that is not the only thing kids understand in fact most kids in my generation only respond to that with physical force and anger. Most kids these days just have to learn things the hard way them self through JUSTIFIED DISCIPLINE. There is no right way you can justify that teachers actions. So for all you people stuck in the 60's or whatever era you grew up in. GET WITH THE TIMES! It is 2012 we don't need to act like animals anymore beating each other ESPECIALLY not children. Once again I will repeat. My generation is how it is cause our choice but if anyone has influenced this type of radical behavior. Its your decision to turn to violence and force to control us. You want to stop it than COOPERATE. If you have to use violence or force or if you even recommend it or support it being used against children you in fact are the twisted/demented/sick/punks and really maybe you deserve a taste of your own medicine although that goes against my beliefs that VIOLENCE SHOULD ONLY BE USED IN SELF-DEFENSE OR IN THE DEFENSE OF OTHERS BEING PHYSICALLY HARMED. If you disagree with that and think violence is necessary for any reason besides those than you are the scum of the human race and part of the problem of why we are so immature, instinctive, and like animals as a race.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I'm confused and my head really hurts. Where in the world did people get the idea this kid was mouthing off at the guy? I...I don't even

I think its an assumption based on why the teacher would even grab his arm in the first place.

You're correct, we don't know, but visually it seems odd the teacher would just grab him, and start in on the pushing and slamming.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lots of prejudging the situation without knowing the circumstances. Maybe the kid threatened to hurt / kill someone, which would warrant a more aggressive response. Most of the respondents on this site have no clue how brutal and aggressive these young thugs are. As always we're presented with the cute kid photo to set the scene. How about watching this video of one of these cute kids in action verbally assaulting a Watertown NY school bus driver and racially attacking the white students on the bus. How would you handle this little monster? www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What I find even more disgusting is the poster of this thread stating how much this guy makes. Tell me poster how much money are the Koch bothers paying yo uto start threads like this all over the internet

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join