It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Attacked in School By Teacher Making $95,202 a year

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by toshow1022

alright but then again is my question what the salary has to do with the incident..... Probably just to thicken the whole story a bit and to fuel the people's anger with jealousy.

If someone handles in a manner which is not right, the last thing I want to know is the persons salary, doesnt matter at all....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Oh yeah. The teacher is making $95,202 a year.

What's that got to do with a teacher abusing a student? That income makes that teacher a middle class income earner. Nothing more. The teacher abusing the student ...
... but what's the big deal about his middle class income??

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazanoom
Are you kidding? Do you really think this glorified bouncer is worth 95k of tax payers money.

Have you seen the status of city schools? They are war zones. Literally .. with barbed wire, metal detectors, armies of gangs, and armed police in the halls. If this person was in charge of security for such a school (I don't know the status of the school), then he definately was earning his pay. Anyone in charge of security in such a place definately should be paid like that. I dont know if this schools issues rise to that level or not .... but if they are like the city schools around here ... he deserves $95,000 a year. For sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It matters because the teacher is getting paid the said amount to educate children, not use them as punching bags.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I'm a teacher. I want to know where in the US a teacher is making $95,000??!!! I have adv degrees and make a third of that!

Different parts of the country pay differently.
It has to do with the cost of living in the area.
And with teachers, it has to do with income in the area and taxes paid.
You'll make more money in Connecticut than you will in Alabama.
You'll make more money in California than you will in Kansas.
You'll make more in the city than you will in the country.

Basic ecomonics. You said you are a teacher.
Go talk to the economics dept where you teach.
They'll explain it to you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceNLove123
It matters because the teacher is getting paid the said amount to educate children, not use them as punching bags.

Apparently this isn't 'just' a teacher but is instead a person incharge of security. Like I said ... if it's a school that needs metal detectors and has gang problems and the rest, then the person in charge of security definately earns $95,000 a year. It's a middle class income and considering how dangerous the 'children' are these days in problem schools .. it's well earned.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The schools aren't the problem, the parents are.

Then start promoting abortion and adoption and do something about all these #ty parents that the Republicans are creating.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Then start promoting abortion and adoption and do something about all these #ty parents that the Republicans are creating.

I already do,
do you?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Much earlier when the thread was posted, I watched the video and brought it up to one of my friends. We spoke about the topic, he viewed it after I did and we both had very differing opinions. I was actually shocked at first, but then a moment of thought brought me to think otherwise. You see, this is someone Ive known for a bit over a year now. We chide each other because Im an old army dog and he's a getting older devil dog. One thing that allowed me to shed the diffrences... yes there are some, you army/marines know what I mean
... was that this guy actually had a pretty decent voice of reason when it came to looking at something from a diffrent point of view. His view. Sure, he acts careless in his etiquit, but we all wear our armors and warpaints to protect the perverbial egg within. He's hotheaded sometimes but always for comics sake.. Matter of fact, most of his actions are for comic relief. We all have our "way".

When I first read the post and watched the clip, I like many felt furious. Speaking to my buddy, I find that he was all for it. We spoke of why I thought it was unjust and he said what he felt. In the end, we both leaned a bit to the other side, maybe a lil more for me.

When I got home, and read the thread again and looked through all the responces, I find myself kind of confused again on the stance. Maybe I feel that its best to look at this neutral first, because Thinking the worst at first, then rereading, discussing and speaking about it, I find that the teacher in this case, very well may have been in the right. Let me explain.

When I was growing up, of course I heard stories of how my grandparents were raised. Oh yeah, we've all heard them. And yes... Many are true. But I also found it curious that they didnt enact the same upon their kids, my parents, aunts, uncles. But wait... They did get their fair share, and it was pretty bad from what I hear tell, just not AS bad as the generation before. And then... as I came along as well as my siblings, cousins and such.

When I say that we were not misstreated in any way, I mean it... Even though I know some aunts and uncles were more swift with punishment than my parents were. As we all grew, had our own children, I find that the punishments have gotten even softer. No part of the government mind you, as my family would quickly defend their God given right and would never let a government official tell them what and what not to do. Unlike today....

So, I guess what I am getting at is... Punishment that fits the crime. All for it. I feel the way I and my siblings and cousins were raised, reflected perfectly on who we are today. We were punished! Sometimes pretty bad. But we lived without a scratch, so much for pride... but we turned out to be very decent people who understand pain and hurt of the soul as well as hard work, sweat and blood from that hard work, and the same fails in life as any other family... money problems, divorces, etc.

Seeing this teacher becomming the dominant that this child so needs in his life and obviously never had... as I feel the way we were raised prevented the act of talkin back or even smirking... my lips would have been plastered permanently on the back of my head. Many of you know this and can say the same.

So yes... Seeing this again and again, looking at it from other perspectives, I have decided that this kid got what he was asking for, but shoulda ben bent over the knee instead of flung around. The kid was obviously resisting obediance.

If a kid bites the hell out of you, will you let him bite? Or will you consider showing him a quick trip to the dentist to show him/her how important the proper use of teeth the hard way?

Im all for ruley kids understanding what the results of ruley really is.

That's just my take.

Just remember, I fell into this pity story at first too... then I thought about it with a neutral perspective before my personal thoughts went into it the second time. Come to see, I was totaly off and wrong from the get go. Rational quick decisions based upon what the clip wants you to feel. There are ALWAYS 2 sides.
edit on 1-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

And potentually abort the next ghandi? Cmon now. Thats fighting ignorance with ignorance.

I agree many parents shouldnt be parents, but if you act on it, you're defeating the purpose. Why are these laws against you in the first place. Can man's law rule or make action anymore than man is able to do alone? I think it overall, causes more problems because we cant all see from every side. We're each one of 7 billion. You cant group anyone together unless they are completely the same.

I also feel that if you're incapable of raising a child, you should offer it up to those that can do so, but the choice should be only mother AND father. Making something easy to do is also promoting that same thing, wouldnt you say? If I offer you a free bottle of water, would I be promoting that water, lable or bottle? Sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by article

And potentually abort the next ghandi? Cmon now. Thats fighting ignorance with ignorance.

I see the word adoption up there.
Ignorance is a virus.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just thought I would share a quick stat regarding violence of school-aged youth from a recent, relevant article:

While fatalities from gun violence are down this year among Chicago Public School students, the number of young people shot during the 2011-12 academic year is up nearly 22 percent from last year, the highest number of students wounded by firearms in the last four years. The Chicago Tribune reports that before the school year ended on June 15, 24 students had been fatally shot and 319 students were wounded by gunfire. That's four fewer fatalities than the 2010-11 school year, according to police data obtained by the newspaper. That spike mirrors a rise in homicides and gun-related violence across the city, where the murder rate this year has nearly doubled the number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan over the same period. Homicides are up 38 percent in Chicago from a year ago, with 66 more deaths as of June 17 than recorded in that same period in 2011, mostly from gunfire, according to the New York Times.

Huffington Post

As for people in disbelief about teachers making $95,000/year...this is an extremely easy feat in the many metro areas, including the State of Illinois.

It is not uncommon for teachers to earn well-over $100,000/year.

And school administrators can easily earn well-over $200,000/year.

Don't believe me? See for yourself. Do an easy Google search and remember the salary schedules you read are "base salaries." They do not account for extra-curricular stipends, which are generally allocated based on a % of their base salary, per sport and/or per season. (A teacher earning $85,000/yr and who is a head coach for one marquee sport and an asst coach for 2 other sports is already placing him/her over $100,000.)

If you're not interested in doing a Google search, here's one link to get you started:
Why Is Illinois’sTop Teacher Salary $108,000 More Than Kentucky’s?

Illinois Teacher/Admin Salary Database

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by habitforming

Lol....abort the next Ghandi....thats just stupid. The odds of a child growing up to be someone that exceptional is extremely small. Thats not a valid arguement against abortion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i love how they show a picture of what a little angel he must be,kinda of like a sweet little trayvon.he might as well get used to being handled by authorities,he seems like a disrespectfull punk who will probably end in jail where he belongs.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by article

I see the word adoption up there.
Ignorance is a virus.

I mentioned that in my responce. But I totaly agree ignorance is a virus.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Came in here expecting a thread about a kid, who got beat up, then later on in life went on to make 92k. Therefore, beating up kids is not all that bad for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Came in here expecting a thread about a kid, who got beat up, then later on in life went on to make 92k. Therefore, beating up kids is not all that bad for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by habitforming

Lol....abort the next Ghandi....thats just stupid. The odds of a child growing up to be someone that exceptional is extremely small. Thats not a valid arguement against abortion.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ok, then take your pick out of a much bigger bucket..

Ghandi, Mohamed Ali, Abe Lincon, Ron Paul, Insert your favorite band, superstar, actor, writer, father, mother, someone who influenced you to be who you are today for the better.. I'm sure I can think of more?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I guess I don't see the issue the kid deserved what he got . Don't mouth off because you think your kool

Yeah, shut the hell up and dont have an opinion about how your masters treat you

Great way to prepare kids to go out into the world, pay their tax's, agree with everything the government says and consume consume consume!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join