It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by coop039

You use it to look at what your premiums will be under the healthcare bill.

I find it funny that no one is posting any numbers...I think people are findng out that it really isn't going to cost them as much as they think.

What it says is:

"Right now:
Your insurer cannot set a lifetime limit on benefit payouts. Any annual limits will be phased out by 2014.

Your insurer cannot cancel your plan after you get sick based on a technicality, or discriminate against your children if they have a pre-existing condition.

You may also be entitled to coverage of preventive services without out-of-pocket charges.

If you are an adult under age 26, and one or both of your parents have a health plan, they may be able to put you on it. If you have adult children you can probably keep them on your plan until they are 26.

Starting in 2014:
Insurers can’t discriminate against you for having a pre-existing condition, and can only vary rates within a narrow range.

If the plan offered by your employer doesn’t meet the law’s standards of affordability or comprehensiveness, you can buy a different plan through your state’s exchange with federal assistance.

Based on your income, your annual premiums for that plan would be no more than $2,016 to $2,576. Your maximum out-of-pocket costs for deductibles and co-payments would be capped at 27 percent of the total cost."

But that doesnt take into account my son doesnt have insurance. If I add my son to my work plan it goes up to almost $400 a month. So I could get it cheaper through Obama care, BUT, my boss wont let me drop the company plan as we are a small company and our rates would go up if we lost a member. He did say that our rates will be going up again as a result of this.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Indigo5

I wouldn't trust anything the weasel said, let alone assign more credibility to him on constitutional issues than the SCOTUS.

Maybe you would like to address this question as to the infallibility of SCOTUS.

Dred Scott.

Is it possible for the Supreme Court to screw something up?

Future courts are free to overturn this ruling if they see fit.

But until then...it is Constitutional and it is law.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The very poor already have Medicaid, a fraud ridden and abused system that costs BILLIONS more than it should. How about we find a way to fix that before the government gets to stick their nose into even more government programs.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Time to put the true power back in the hands of the individual States!!

If enough states refuse to implement this financial disaster, Obamacare will suffer a nullification by the States. Let the people speak!!

Jim DeMint says it well

“This government takeover of health care remains as destructive, unsustainable, and unconstitutional as it was the day it was passed, unread, by a since-fired congressional majority. Now as then, our first step toward real health care reform and economic renewal remains Obamacare’s full repeal, down to the last letter and punctuation mark.

Notice how he threw in the FACT that it was passed "unread, by a since fired congressional majority".

“The President’s health care law must be fully repealed as all of its promises have proven false. We were told it was not a tax hike, but this ruling confirms it is an unprecedented and enormous tax on the poor and middle class Americans. President Obama needs to explain why he is enacting this middle class tax hike over the objections of the American people during the worst economic recovery since the Great Depression.

“We were told it would lower health costs, but health care premiums are exploding. We were told that Americans could keep their personal health plans, but millions will now lose it. We were told it would improve our economy, but it is now the largest obstacle to employers hiring new workers.

“Today’s decision, however unfortunate, nonetheless represents an opportunity to all Americans, to claim their right to create a health care system of, for, and by the people, not government or special interests. The American people now have the chance and Congress has the responsibility to fully repeal this Washington takeover and reform health care ourselves, together, around the principles of individual liberty, not government mandates.

www.demint.senate.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by BearTruth

Originally posted by Ben81
I have a few questions :

What does that mean .. is there something new with the today decision ?

will it mean everyone will have a new tax to pay for the Obama Health Plan ?
except the military and federal employees

As I understand it, if you purchase the insurance required by the bill, or have insurance from employment or Medicaid/Medicare, you will not be subject to the 1% tax. However, if you refuse/decline to maintain health insurance, you will be levied with the tax on your income. BT

In other words those who cannot afford the insurance like my family are the ones who will now be punished for being poor in the first place.

Unfortunately, I think that is correct. However, depending on your income base, it is possible you will be eligible for a subsidy, which I think is a tax credit, or in some cases, a lower income will qualify you for the government medical plan.

Regardless of what your income is, however, I believe this is going to result in across the board increased taxes due to increased government spending. Included in this bill is a built in tax increase for certain purchases also. It will have an effect on everyone.

There will be some families (lower income and those with children who must be covered to age 26) who do benefit from this due to the future qualification changes taking effect in 2014, although the child benefit is already in effect, I think. They are approximating 16 million people (about 4.5% of population). But it appears that the middle income people (most of us) are going to bite it with increased insurance premiums (they always pass the costs on), increased taxes on income (for the government spending) and certain services (tanning for example), and the tax penalty of 1% of your income if you can't afford or choose not to obtain health insurance.

It is my opinion that the negatives far outweigh the positives for the majority of Americans. At least from what I have read so far. BT

link   

Originally posted by lynn112

I'm sorry, but no, I won't tell you the exact figures because they are my personal information. Kind of why I'm angry, people/government insisting they know what is best for me and my family when it is not their business.

Then don't give the exact figures.

Give a difference between your estimated annual out of pocket costs and what the maximum premium is based on that calculater. And the difference between your estimated costs and the penalty.

I have a feeling it isn't going to be a very big difference.

Also, did you consider that I calculated annual cost increases as we age into my health care budget? Probably not and that doesn't surprise me.

You can't calculate future healthcare costs...I'm sorry...you just don't have that information.

link   
That is it. This is the final straw. The nail in the coffin. It has been officially ruled that liberty is an illusion.

The government can now tax you for simply existing. Yes, the USA has adopted an existance tax.

This is truely a sad day for me To be able to pinpoint the exact date that you became an outlaw. I refuse to pay a tax for merely existing!

If their method for enforcing this tax is through the yearly filing of the federal tax return, then this year was the last year I will have done it.

How Americans aren't up in literal arms over this boggles the mind. It is not a tax since we are not getting something directly for it. It is a penalty.

I wish I had the balls to enforce my second amendment rights. I have nothing left.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Why would you vote Republican either? SCOTUS is majority Republican and the provision that everyone is having a hissy fit over was put in as a binky for Republicans. Do you really think Romney will uphold his pledge to repeal Obamacare? I don't think his fellow billionaire buddies will like that too much. If you think Republicans represent citizens any better than Democrats do, you're delusional... I see the usuals talking about revolution. Here's something truly revolutionary to consider... don't vote for either party in any election this year, vote Independent or other 3rd party and spread the word.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I wish I had the balls to enforce my second amendment rights. I have nothing left.

Who would you enforce your 2nd amendment rights on??

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here's what I have to say, I'M NOT PAYING! I'm not paying the tax and Im' not paying the fine, end of story. This government can kiss my ass.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

So I could get it cheaper through Obama care, BUT, my boss wont let me drop the company plan as we are a small company and our rates would go up if we lost a member. He did say that our rates will be going up again as a result of this.

Your employer can't force you to buy insurance.

So when all is said and done...you will get cheaper insurance under this bill.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Obviously you have a gun and balls.....
...but no brains to blow out. Read the rest of the posts you missed a lot!

link   
reply to post by olaru12

All those have destroyed the last semblances of freedom in the US. It is probably a long list. But that idea is as real as the freedom we have.

link   

Originally posted by simon2k7
GOOD!...now I won't have to pay 350 dollars to cover my family of 4.....are some of you oposing this stupid?

If you are going to imply someone else is stupid, you should at least spell the word preceding the implication correctly.

It's your family, why shouldn't YOU and only YOU pay for their coverage?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Because its the reality. For now!! maybe there will be a strong enough 3rd party by 2016 to actually make an impact. Ron Paul was not the man to accomplish that. I'd rather see Mr. Paul as the nations Treasury Secretary anyway... It fits him better than the POTUS cloak.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Talking to friends and family, the general consensus seems to be disbelief and outrage. Admittedly, my people tend to the conservative side.

This will backfire on Obama much more than help him. Those that support this bill will still support him, obviously. Yet those that supported him but NOT Obamacare now have to reevaluate their support in the upcoming election.

Most assumed a defeat of the bill, rightly or wrongly, by the supreme court. Romney will balk at the mandated aspect of the bill. Numerous states want nothing to do with it. Certainly, the support is factured.

Socialized medicine killed Clinton and the Democrats and as this bill merely empowers the insurance industry and socializes nothing but the decsion process, it will kill Obama in the election.

A difference between Obama and Romney can now be pointed out/created, real or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Ben81

Canada? You guys are where we are heading. No thanks.

Not likely. Here its covered, costs less per person than your current or old system, federally. It has premiums in each province ranging from 0 to under 100 dollars/month, say 60, and free for all on fixed income including meds in most cases. Not the same, and no civilization without health care and equalzing it could ever be considered civilized. What we don't have is privatization or the forced middle man.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

Another way to look at this, is if you want to access health care via a doctor or hospital (just like if you want to drive a car - you are purchasing a service, instead of property) you need insurance. It can be seen as the same. The vast majority of people will get sick and need to go to a doctor, an emergency room, an urgent care, or have a hospital stay, possibly a surgery, etc. Even people who don't want to participate in traditional medicine can find themselves with an immediate surgical need. It is about being responsible for our own health care needs, and agreeing that everyone deserves the opportunity to have health care through responsibly obtaining insurance. There are provisions for making this more affordable for people, as well as curtailing the costs of care, and that is the goal of the ACA. We have yet to see how it functions, and so we don't know how effective it will ultimately be.

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Howard Dean last year said that it was almost certain to happen.

Howard Dean, a physician, onetime Democratic candidate for president and former head of the Democratic National Committee, said this week that when Obamacare takes full effect, as many as one-third of the nation's small businesses will opt to drop their employee coverage.

"This is very good for small business," Dean said. "There was a McKinsey study, which the Democrats don't like, but I do, and I think it's true. Most small businesses are not going to be in the health insurance business anymore after this thing goes into effect."

The study pointed out that one of Obama's key promises - that employees would be able to keep their employer-provided insurance plans - won't be true for employees of about 45 percent of small businesses, because those same businesses are planning to drop employee coverage because it'll be cheaper for them to do so.

www.naturalnews.com...

Many will just reduce the number of employees in order to cut costs. This is exactly what is happening where I work.

It might turn into a circle jerk. Employers will drop current insurance coverage because the penalty is actually cheaper than the insurance itself....and then all of the employees will fun to the employer looking for an increase in pay to help them offset the costs for themselves....and then the employee gets recycled for a cheaper one when it's not cost effective any longer. I'm pretty sure the democrats think that this little ploy will have everyone begging for a single payer system before it's all said and done.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You say"Only people who decide not to be responsible and buy health insurance will pay the tax"!

We are responsible people, we work! We have a cheep home we are paying for and cheep cars and a roof ready to fall on us! We have no extras! We live in a poverty area due to loss of lumber and fishing jobs and now the seasonal tourist industry also are about shot.

We did not pump out kids we can't afford and we did not stop working and get on welfare where it is more excepted to be poor!

I am tired of people saying we are irresponsible because we cannot afford health insurance! My husband has high blood pressure and goes untreated.

We pay for the dentist in an emergency by payments. We are not eligible to get help unless we divorce and have no home or assets

We have a family business that gives a paycheck to several others but struggles and buying healthcare for the workers will break this business and many other of the small business's that are left.

You clearly don't live where the big manufactures have pulled out or any other depressed are, you judge a lot of hard working poor.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join