It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So what happens when that child gets a job?

That person will be paying healthcare, the parents will be paying healthcare and the insurance companies get double the cash.

What?

If the "child" gets a job and their own healthcare insurance...the parents will drop them off their own insurance.

The aren't REQUIRED to stay on their parents insurance...they are givent the OPTION to.

Seriously...I understand you are upset...but you are coming up some silly arguments in an attempt to find a negative.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
]

If you can't afford it...you will be given assistance.

(Said so flippantly by OutKast.) In other words, OTHER TAXPAYERS will have their taxes raised at some point in time to do the ASSISTING.

Some people tend to throw words around as if they have no depth of meaning. "You will be given assistance" is thrown out there as if all we have to do is go out back and pick a few billion dollars off our money tree to give to everybody that "can't afford it". If you're seriously sick, crippled, mentally deficient, I'm all for helping. Others, not so much so, especially if you use drugs, drink alcohol excessively, smoke, gamble, or have any other issues that prevent you from "affording it."

I'm blunt....sorry.

edit on 28-6-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
1) White Shoes Roberts strikes again...
2) Does nothing to address or solve health care costs...
3) Opens the door for other industries to impose their will on the people via gov't mandate...
4) Proves yet again just how corrupt and treasonous our three branches of Federal Gov't really is...

If only these "leaders" addressed our country's real problems and structural crises such as the insane and suicidal Trade, Banking, Tax, and Energy policies we could have gotten onto a healing track but, alas, it's still legal to dream.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Your little link can't compute ZERO INCOME, it just freezes.
Thanks though......

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112

I just checked and it only confirmed what I already knew, either way, my cost will go up (fine is more than my annual health care expenses, as is the cost of ins.). I will spend less elsewhere and I'm sure others will be in the same boat. This won't be good for an already depressed economy.

And what did the calculator tell you your insurance premium cap will be and what will your penalty be???

And annual health care expenses isn't something you can predict.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama took Romney's healthcare plan which makes it a GOP plan, THEN the GOP came up with the mandate to pay for it:

en.wikipedia.org...

Just like Bush destroyed our economy and expect us to vote the GOP in to fix it?
The GOP has a long history of releasing (causing) vermin in the government and then complaining that they are the only party to fix it. Americans remember who jacked up this country and the majority won't vote GOP to fix it.
I realize you are only playing dumb with your "Why don't the GOP support it?"
You lost get over it. 4 more years and the GOP will be FORCED to help the US economy, the lazy saps!!!!

link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
Recent local news story.

I woman needed a walker. She ask her insurance provider about it. They said they could get her an approved one that cost something like $600. After her copay, her out of pocket was about $165. She couldn't afford it. Then she saw the exact sane one for sale at Kroger for $100. Then a week later Kroger had it on sale for $69.

That's how insurance works.

I just had a windshield replaced. The glass place told me I had two choices. Insurance would pay for it or I could pay out of pocket. Flat out they said out of pocket it would cost something like $250. Insurance wanted the $200 copay and then the company was going to charge them another $600.

This is how insurance works all over. It always costs way more than if you just paid straight.

I dont know why or who is responsible but it seems that healthcare costs or any typically insured costs would drop exponentially if that one facet of corruption was dealt with.

Using insurance is like doing all your shopping at Rent-A-Center.

link   
reply to post by LevelHeaded

In the end, regardless, it's just more interference in our lives by the government. Another example of federal trampling of individual rights. More of the government telling us what to do, how to do it, and the price (tax) you'll pay for not doing it. Another friggin tax imposed on the people. This country has taken a giant crap and it starting to smell like it too.

All hail the United Corporations of America!

link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Thanks though......

So use $1...here I did it for you.

Starting in 2014:Based on your income, it appears you would be eligible for Medicaid beginning no later than 2014. The law expands Medicaid to all individuals and families with incomes at or below 133 percent of the federal poverty level. But the court found that states cannot be penalized if they decline to comply with the expansion, raising questions as to how effectively the federal government will be able to implement it.

The penalty is based off your income...so if you have no income...you have no penalty.

So you will be fine...you won't be paying anything and you will be covered by Medicaid.
edit on 28-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Sparky63

My boss told me today that it is going to cost him approx. $10,000 more for every employee

Your boss is lying to you.

Which brings up another question. Since the real amount will be $2,000 per employee per year, there has always been talk that this will encourage all employers that are forced to pay to drop their current insurance coverage because the fine itself is actually cheaper.

What happens then? Wasn't this another tactic to encourage everyone into a single payer system in the end?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This decision will backfire in November as Independent and Republican voters turn out in record numbers due to this decision alone. Then of course it will be readily repealed. This an energizing moment! Remember how charged up the voters got in 2010 when Obamacare was passed.

Rand Paul made a good comment...

“Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so,” said Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.) “The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right.”

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The cap is more than I pay out of pocket. The fine is more as well.

As for predicting future costs, you sure think you can predict I won't be able to pay my own health expenses at some point so why can't I predict what those future expenses will be using historical data?
edit on 28/6/2012 by lynn112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Sparky63

My boss told me today that it is going to cost him approx. $10,000 more for every employee

Your boss is lying to you.

Maybe, but I don't think so. The amount of extra cost may be debatable, but his plans to eliminate 50 jobs is not.
He is not in the business of making bad business decisions. I think he knows as well as I do that this is going to end up costing small businesses a lot more than we expect.
Hard times are here and harder times are coming. I doubt this is going to end up benefiting average Americans.

I hope I'm wrong, but forgive me if I don't trust my government to have my best interests at heart.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Thanks though......

So use $1...here I did it for you.

Starting in 2014:Based on your income, it appears you would be eligible for Medicaid beginning no later than 2014. The law expands Medicaid to all individuals and families with incomes at or below 133 percent of the federal poverty level. But the court found that states cannot be penalized if they decline to comply with the expansion, raising questions as to how effectively the federal government will be able to implement it.

The penalty is based off your income...so if you have no income...you have no penalty.

So you will be fine...you won't be paying anything and you will be covered by Medicaid.
edit on 28-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Thanks, but unlike some of you guys, it makes my skin crawl at the thought of others footing my bill. In my opinion I'm worth more dead than alive.
edit on 28-6-2012 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This decision will backfire in November as Independent and Republican voters turn out in record numbers due to this decision alone. Then of course it will be readily repealed. This an energizing moment! Remember how charged up the voters got in 2010 when Obamacare was passed.

People who are against the healthcare bill were voting Republican already anyway.

Republicans lost a common talking point and rally cry...which was that this was Unconstitutional. Despite of what Rand Paul says...as of right now....this bill is declare Constitutional.

Now Romney has to somehow justify why the plan he championed isn't good enough for the Nation. His argument used to be that it isn't Constitutional...he lost that argument today. So where does he go with this???

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
I work two jobs, and live paycheck to paycheck...I have no medical insurance but have a doctor I can see for about $75 for basic visits, and I can also visit some clinics. Who says this healthcare mandate will make healthcare cheaper? This law will mandate that we all MUST PURCHASE INSURANCE! What if that insurance is $800 a month? How would we even afford this?

Go and find out how the bill will affect you.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I'd be interested to see people's situations.

You don't have to tell us your details...just what the premium caps would be and what the penalty would be.

Thats a really simplistic calculation. How can I calculate it based on me having ins. but not my son? All it asks is how many family members, not how many have ins.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

In other words those who cannot afford the insurance like my family are the ones who will now be punished for being poor in the first place.

If you can't afford it...you will be given assistance.

If you truly make that low of income where you can't afford insurance...this will not affect you.

In reference to the above quoted statement....This may seem harsh but middle-class citizens have been paying for social welfare programs for years. In most cases, social welfare programs never utilized by middle-class workers; unfortunately, because of the reliance on the middle class to pay for such programs, the middle-class has been squeezed so much that it barely exists today. It's either better to be dirt poor or stinking rich, and well, we all know if you're stinking rich the government provides some nice tax breaks, incentives, and other means to hide wealth. Welcome to America! Land of the tax and dimmed-witted. Keep voting America! We should lock up these politicians for their criminal activities against the American public.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In the end, it just doesn't matter.

This insanity will create such a drain on the system that our entire way of life will collapse.

A vote for Obama is a vote for the destruction of America.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112

The cap is more than I pay out of pocket. The fine is more as well.

As for predicting future costs, you sure think you can predict I won't be able to pay my own health expenses at some point so why can't I predict what those future expenses will be using historical data?
edit on 28/6/2012 by lynn112 because: (no reason given)

Using historical data in regards to healthcare costs is a very bad idea. I'm sorry...but you need more healthcare as you get older.

Can you give the actual numbers of what the cap is, what the penalty is, and what your current estimate of out of pocket expense???

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join