It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Cloward and Piven my friend. Cloward and Piven.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Keywording in the results:

But the court found that states cannot be penalized if they decline to comply with the expansion, raising questions as to how effectively the federal government will be able to implement it.

But basically IRS works outside the normal realm of the law, i think they can deal with the states.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Grambler

Cloward and Piven my friend. Cloward and Piven.

Indeed. America is doomed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman:

Welcome to Socialized America.

Your body no longer belongs to you. Neither does your wallet.

In a matter of months, your real estate tax when you sell your home will jump to 22%.

Taxes in many different categories will jump.

In short, commerce has been created so that you can be taxed even more than you were yesterday.

You will be foreced to buy health insurance, otherwise pay steep fines.

How do you like your country now?

You think you felt like a robot yesterday?

Today, you are both slave and robot.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A tax, even the President argued it wasn't a tax. So what changed?

Actually, Justice Roberts Demolished Obama In His Supreme Court Ruling

Is this ruling upheld by Justice Roberts actually a trojan horse for the Obama Administration. First Obama denies it is a tax, and then Roberts declares it is a tax. Will this actually help the Republican base?

businessinsider.com

It seems like a very real possibility, then, that when the glow of today's victory wears off, Obama may find that Roberts' ruling was actually a Trojan Horse. Democrats have adamantly argued that the individual mandate is not a tax, but that claim will hold a lot less water after today's decision. Meanwhile, Republicans, despite their newfound dislike of Robert immediately seized on the "Obamacare raises taxes" attack line, and are already raising the specter of the IRS to fire up the conservative base.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by Sparky63
If anyone thinks that it will be cheaper in the long run for the average
hard working American, I have a bridge to sell you.

OK.

How and why will the cost go up across the board like that?

Fraud, abuse, a new huge government bureaucracy, just for starters. Just look at any government run program and you will see the future of obamacare. We will end up paying more and getting less. Of course, the President, Congress and the Supreme Court will continue to be exempt.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

OK.

Fraud, abuse, a new huge government bureaucracy, just for starters. Just look at any government run program and you will see the future of obamacare. We will end up paying more and getting less. Of course, the President, Congress and the Supreme Court will continue to be exempt.

Even simpler.

McDonalds will have to pay more for their employees.

Ergo; the cost of a hamburger will increase.

Now multiply this by thousands across the country.

The death of America.

link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by MegaMind

If you are that rich what do you need insurance for? You are self insured ...

And the hospital will charge you more than it actually needs to make up for the money it loses to all the deadbeat poor and uninsured. Every time you self pay for medical services, you are already paying a hidden tax.

They actually just had a TV show about just this and you are wrong. The hospitals and Drs. interviewed said you pay like 10 cents on the dollar if you pay cash and they do not have to go through your insurance companies.

They said it pays and they recommended, even if you have insurance to go ahead and not use the insurance and pay cash as it will cut what you ow after insurance pays their part considerably.

link   
Maybe Justice Roberts knew this would result in an implosion and repeal of Obamacare.

Possibly outsmarting the system using the media and the Dem's behavior against themselves.

A Judicial Jedi mind trick perhaps?

Jedicial????

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Ladies and Gentleman:

Welcome to Socialized America.

Don't like ObamaCare myself, but ObamaCare isn't socialized anything. Socialized medicine isn't through private insurance companies.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

From what I understand if by 2014 certain people still refuse to pay for their health care...they will be fined $5,000.00 to be paid at income tax time.

The law is 193 pages so it will take me a while to get through it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
checkout where your state may currently stand on healthcare...

Source

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

OK.

Even simpler.

McDonalds will have to pay more for their employees.

Ergo; the cost of a hamburger will increase.

Now multiply this by thousands across the country.

The death of America.
I thought McDonald got (bought) an exemption.

Does anyone else remember that being in the news some time ago?

I found something:USA Today

Nearly a million workers won't get a consumer protection in the U.S. health reform law meant to cap insurance costs because the government exempted their employers. Thirty companies and organizations, including McDonald's (MCD) and Jack in the Box (JACK), won't be required to raise the minimum annual benefit included in low-cost health plans, which are often used to cover part-time or low-wage employees. The Department of Health and Human Services, which provided a list of exemptions, said it granted waivers in late September so workers with such plans wouldn't lose coverage from employers who might choose instead to drop health insurance altogether. Without waivers, companies would have had to provide a minimum of $750,000 in coverage next year, increasing to $1.25 million in 2012, $2 million in 2013 and unlimited in 2014

edit on 28-6-2012 by butcherguy because: added link

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I had always been under the illusion that the federal government couldn't force you to buy a private product or service. Additionally, they most certainly couldn't force a penalty on you for no buying a private good or service.

It is going to take all the acting ability I have to try and 'celebrate' this July 4th with my family.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Finally I got the real scoop on the so call "Supreme court decision".

1, It can only be passed as a tax so now the whole Obama care have to be rewritten (to change the wording from "mandate" to "tax") and send back to the senate for vote once again.

There you have it.

edit on 28-6-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

McDonalds used as a generic term.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Looking thru the Rose colored glasses are we?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This thread may be the funniest thing I've ever read.

I didn't know we had so many people on this board that could predict the future. You'd think you'd use that ability to hit the Powerball.

Are you really so simple as to believe that countries like Canada, Sweden, Germany, Australia, France, Norway, etc. aren't "free"? Is that how deep your arrogance and gullibility goes, as an American?

We're the only industrialized western nation that puts profits over lives.

That's not freedom. That's embarassing.

This law is not perfect, but is a step in the right direction. Single-payer, Medicaid for all.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by butcherguy

McDonalds used as a generic term.

Yeah, I get that.
I edited my post, see the companies that got waivers....including McDonalds and jack in the Box.
Over thirty large companies got waivers.
Just saying that some big companies must have contributed to the Obama 2012 campaign.

edit on 28-6-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by MegaMind

If you are that rich what do you need insurance for? You are self insured ...

And the hospital will charge you more than it actually needs to make up for the money it loses to all the deadbeat poor and uninsured. Every time you self pay for medical services, you are already paying a hidden tax.

Not true. I ALWAYS pay less when I self pay.

Actually the hospital cut my $10,000 bill in half because I was paying for it myself ...

I think they are over charging insurance companies ...

edit on 28-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

Yes the Doctors and hospitals interviewed on a special I watched said that is because it takes a long time for the insurance companies to pay and also the cost of them collecting the money both in paperwork and time is so big. Then they deal with contested stuff and it is all a huge expense getting their money so cash is really great to them, and the reward cash payers.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join