It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
THIS ALL DAY LONG

THIS ALL DAY LONG

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And this "tax" is only imposed as a penalty...for most people, they won't pay this tax.

For most people with enough money to afford health insurance, they won't pay the tax.

For those of us who do not make enough money for health insurance (the poorest of the nation) they WILL be taxed (as a penalty).

How does this law help those of us who cannot afford health insurance currently? All it does is FORCE you to give even more then you can already not afford to give, or pay a fine.

For those who have insurance (can afford it) great for you, you will get lower premiums (those with money keep more of it), for those who do not have insurance, we are forced to either buy it ourselfs or pay a tax as punishment.

What about the jobless? Those with no income?

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Outkast, have you seen this many Republicans concerned over the poor? Never in my life have I seen this many conservatives NOT trying to screw the poor but standing up for them. Lol.
I come here to see Republicans head explode! HA

link   

If the "child" gets a job and their own healthcare insurance...the parents will drop them off their own insurance. The aren't REQUIRED to stay on their parents insurance...they are givent the OPTION to.

Who says? read then entire 2700 page law?

There is also the fact that most children in this country were already insured under SSI til the age of 18.

Making people pay twice via private care and then making them pay twice for medicare and medicaid is not "a silly argument".

link   
reply to post by coop039

You use it to look at what your premiums will be under the healthcare bill.

I find it funny that no one is posting any numbers...I think people are findng out that it really isn't going to cost them as much as they think.

link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Rand Paul made a good comment...

“Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be ‘constitutional’ does not make it so,” said Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.) “The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right.”

Is this the same Rand Paul that publicly endorsed Mitt Romney while his father was still running?

I mean seriously...the expression "he would sell his own mother" is usually just a figure of speech.

I wouldn't trust anything the weasel said, let alone assign more credibility to him on constitutional issues than the SCOTUS.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Don't forget the power of the independent voters who threw Obama a bone in 2008. They will certainly want their bone back in November. This action could very well energize MORE republicans to vote in record numbers as many Dem. voters decide to stay home and throw in the towel.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

HUGE victory for Obama

Yes, HUGE ...

If you consider being a liar, manipulator and schemer to be positive qualities in a chief executive I guess.

All along he has been saying "this is not a tax". To the point even a liberal pundit had to pull out Webster’s on him which made his ears turn red.

"If you make less than 250K your taxes will not increase by one dime"... Hummmmm Who said that?

So he tells his sycophants "its not a tax", they eat it up like candy.

Then, when it's challenged since he claimed it was justified under the commerce clause he does as intended all along; he sends his lawyers in to argue to the Supremes that it is a tax and therefore can be legally done.

If you like bait and switch as a leadership tactic...Barry is the best no doubt.

HUGE victory for the Liar-in-Chief!

You are being lied to and you like it? It is sad that people have such low standards for leadership.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

"When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty." I will not comply because i was told that i have to!
What was the SCOTUS thinking? Oh yeah thats the problem they don't!:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, said the decision “crystallizes all that’s at stake in November’s election… Barack Obama’s health care takeover encapsulates his Presidency: Obamacare increases taxes, grows the size of government and puts bureaucrats over patients while doing nothing to improve the economy.”

That about sums things up... More to come before our nation collapses under its own weight...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I wouldn't trust anything the weasel said, let alone assign more credibility to him on constitutional issues than the SCOTUS.

Maybe you would like to address this question as to the infallibility of SCOTUS.

Dred Scott.

Is it possible for the Supreme Court to screw something up?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Two comments or observations to make. I know it isn't exactly apples to apples here, but we have a law regarding insurance requirements for automobiles, boats, snowmobiles, jetskis, motorcycles, etc. There isn't a single vehicle on the road (exaggeration, I know) that isn't or shouldn't be registered and insured, including a licensed driver! Its funny that we are mandated to maintain car insurance but something as significant as health insurance is only recently an issue? Just sounds silly when I say it out loud.

I own a boat. I do not have a license or insurance nor am I required to have either. The day that is required in the US will be the day I renounce my citizenship.

I do not know enough about this health insurance mandate, it seems to me this bill was written by the insurance companies with profits in mind not one's health.

In Ca we have to register the boat and also pay 30 for a boaters safety course. I guess it is different by state.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

actually you don't have to have auto insurance to drive, you can drive with proof of financial responsiblity, IE your rich.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but no, I won't tell you the exact figures because they are my personal information. Kind of why I'm angry, people/government insisting they know what is best for me and my family when it is not their business.

Also, did you consider that I calculated annual cost increases as we age into my health care budget? Probably not and that doesn't surprise me.

I would also like to add that I am all for a government option that offers to help those who fall into the cracks. That leaves the choice to the individual. This law takes away my choice to not participate. That along with all the bloat included in this bill is what has angered me.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Give me Liberty, or give me ObamaCare!

link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

reply to post by Sparky63

My boss told me today that it is going to cost him approx. $10,000 more for every employee

Your boss is lying to you.

Which brings up another question. Since the real amount will be $2,000 per employee per year, there has always been talk that this will encourage all employers that are forced to pay to drop their current insurance coverage because the fine itself is actually cheaper.

What happens then? Wasn't this another tactic to encourage everyone into a single payer system in the end?

Howard Dean last year said that it was almost certain to happen.

Howard Dean, a physician, onetime Democratic candidate for president and former head of the Democratic National Committee, said this week that when Obamacare takes full effect, as many as one-third of the nation's small businesses will opt to drop their employee coverage.

"This is very good for small business," Dean said. "There was a McKinsey study, which the Democrats don't like, but I do, and I think it's true. Most small businesses are not going to be in the health insurance business anymore after this thing goes into effect."

The study pointed out that one of Obama's key promises - that employees would be able to keep their employer-provided insurance plans - won't be true for employees of about 45 percent of small businesses, because those same businesses are planning to drop employee coverage because it'll be cheaper for them to do so.

www.naturalnews.com...

Many will just reduce the number of employees in order to cut costs. This is exactly what is happening where I work.

link   

Don't forget the power of the independent voters who threw Obama a bone in 2008. They will certainly want their bone back in November. This action could very well energize MORE republicans to vote in record numbers as many Dem. voters decide to stay home and throw in the towel.

I think it's the Republicans that are going to stay home because they don't want no Mormon in the White House.

The Rank and file aren't paying any attention to this HC bill as most of them are to dense to comprehend it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

Outkast, have you seen this many Republicans concerned over the poor? Never in my life have I seen this many conservatives NOT trying to screw the poor but standing up for them.

I guess in a way...we should be happy that that they are showing concern for the poor.

Of course...it's not factual...because they are feeding them false information.

For the very poor...this helps them.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by Ben81
will it mean everyone will have a new tax to pay for the Obama Health Plan ?
except the military and federal employees

I lived in Massachusetts when Romney was governor and "Romneycare" was in force. In part, the law states that if you're collecting unemployment you get free healthcare. When your unemployment benefits run out, so does your healthcare. At that point you are required to purchase your own insurance, or pay a $1000 fine at tax time. There was also an extra, seperate tax form that you have to fill out. Obamacare works the same way.

They claim to care about the poor, then hit someone with no income, and no unemployment benefits with a $1000 tax. Good idea. If you think forclosures are bad now, just wait until after the next election when Obama really screws up the economy and people's houses are taken by the government because some poor sucker can't afford health insurance on top of his mortgage.
edit on 6/28/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

So along then comes some conniving insurance company lets you buy health care from them to meet the requirement so that you are not hit with the tax. You pay them several hundred dollars and get pretty much no health care in return but it is the best you can do to avoid the tax you surely can't pay.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I realize you are looking for a silver lining in this.

But the only people I see angry about this already were angry about it and had the attitude of "anyone but Obama".

I really don't think this changes anything.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join