It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

And the saddest part is they'll fine anybody who can't afford it because you have to pay for the healthcare. That's what makes it the biggest scam in the planet.

People who can't afford should be going on State medicaid.

If a State decides not to expand it as planned...then they are just screwing over their people.

If you do not meet the requirements you can't get it. Struggling working families who don't want to sell their homes and give up all they work for have no options.

For example, the Texas Medicaid income limit is 185 percent of the poverty level for pregnant women with infants up to one year of age.

Read more: How Much Money Can You Make & Keep Medicaid? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

If you are not over 65, or under 19. Many so called middle class cannot get it. You can't own your home and have assets in many states and get it.
"Asset limits do not typically apply to pregnant women, infants or children. Adults, elderly and disabled or blind may be restricted to $2,000 per person or $3,000 per couple. The income limits may be higher or lower, depending on the state.

Read more: How Much Money Can You Make & Keep Medicaid? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Here is the entire SCOTUS decision...only 193 pages.
www.supremecourt.gov...

CNN Article:
news.blogs.cnn.com...

In its 5-4 decision to uphold the U.S. health care law, the Supreme Court answered several key questions:

Question: Can the federal government force states to expand their share of Medicaid costs and administration?

The court's answer: Yes, but the justices ruled that the federal government cannot remove existing Medicaid funding if the states choose not to participate in the new program.

This last part here I read as giving the OK for States to just say no thanks...

If they can't be penalized for non-participation it does imply that chosing not to participate is an option for the States.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OF COURSE we will all end up paying. There are A LOT of people in this country TOO POOR to afford it.

If they are too poor to get health insurance, they will go on Medicaid (unless a State decides to screw them over).

And yes...as a civilized society...we should help them out.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by MegaMind

If you are that rich what do you need insurance for? You are self insured ...

And the hospital will charge you more than it actually needs to make up for the money it loses to all the deadbeat poor and uninsured. Every time you self pay for medical services, you are already paying a hidden tax.

Not true. I ALWAYS pay less when I self pay.

Actually the hospital cut my $10,000 bill in half because I was paying for it myself ...

I think they are over charging insurance companies ...

edit on 28-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

Absolutely correct. I was recently in the hospital for 3 days. My insurance company didn't cover $10,000 of the bill, so I got the remaining charges, with most of it marked as "write off". I ended up paying $2200

link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And just what the frick do you call it??
It is socialized medicine, just under cover of another name.

I would love socialized medicine.

Then move to Europe and quit bothering us

What is it that Conservatives say about "illegal" immigrants....they should stay in their own country and fix it????

I think that is exactly what I will do...I'll stay in the US and fight to fix it.

link   
I still don't know what to think of this.
I have no insurance, I cannot afford it.
a few weeks ago I had to go to ER for stitches, the bill was over $2000 ! Crazy.
I'm all for anything to help people like me, but on the flip side if it costs me alot that could be an issue for my poor broke arse right now.

link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
reply to post by Indigo5

Better yet, instead of taxing those you are envious of, why not eliminate each and every unconstitutional expenditure government makes first?

Envy has got nothing to do with it? Not sure why you think being wealthy or owning a Multi-Billion dollar oil company should entitle you to billions of taxpayer funds in tax breaks funded by the rest of us?
edit on 28-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

HUGE victory for Obama.

As usual, it's a victory in his own mind.

Mitt Romney Raises $300,000+ Hours After ObamCare Ruling:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by Mart0

What exactly does this new ruling "restrict" exactly?

My right to not have Insurance. If not, I am taxed. Not very difficult to understand.

The right for you not to care about poor people?
[/quote]
I forget where that is? Bill of Rights, Constitution or Declaration of Independence?
It is not the place of Govt to force the Citizens to Care for others.
Talk about Forced Service or Repentance. Good hell.

The right for you to pretend the poor and needy don't exist?

Same right as above. So, the Poor are now a special class, higher then others, because they have their own law? Man, I should go have some new laws written just for me.

And also...What?...Advancement of society isn't restrictions?

Yep, the forced march, sung to the Eugenics tune is paved with Gold. Hurray everybody.

I know of 12 pretty big restrictions that a bearded guy gave on a mount once,You might of heard of them. It's pretty much the basis of the human race.

I failed to see where it was stated those were to be enforced by Govt? Maybe part of the tablets dropped in the Mel Brooks Movie "History of the World".

link   

The official language of the SCOTUS was that this is NOT a penalty. (they read the ruling on TV saying that) It's a tax. Obama said it wasn't a tax. The SCOTUS said it definately IS a tax. A tax if you don't buy their product. Which means it really is a penalty tax even if they deny it.

Yes, it is a penalty administered as a tax...which according to the SCOTUS is Constitutional.

You can't say that 'most people' won't pay this tax. You assume that the healthy younger crowd (under 40) will pony up and buy the gov't insurance rather than pay the lesser TAX that has now been imposed on them.

And that is their choice.

If it is a TAX won't it be under the control of our IRS? They have their own courts and there is no protection from any action they decide to take.

link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by SeesFar

Your husband and yourself won't be offered Insurance anymore. There is a provision int eh bill that allows the business to opt out and send you to a stater government program that will be even more expensive. I see alot of people uninformed of the law in place and solid now.

You wouldn't even believe how many provisions are in the bill. It's a 2,000 page bill full of provisions.

Can you show us this specific provision???

You are talking about it...so I'm sure you have read it...right???

So let's see it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What is it that Conservatives say about "illegal" immigrants....they should stay in their own country and fix it????

I think that is exactly what I will do...I'll stay in the US and fight to fix it.

You mean destroy it ... from the inside out.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't know why people think this is a huge victory for Obama, if the economy doesn't improve and bring unemployment way down, historically, he has a zero percent chance of reelection.

I firmly believe James Carville had it right back in 1992 when he said, "Its the economy Stupid". That focus unseated George Herbert Walker Bush Sr. and handed William Jefferson Clinton the White House. If the Republicans want to win they need to focus on the economy and tell us how they're going to fix it.

People want to know how they're going to get a job next week, if the Republicans can keep that in focus they might win the White House and then they can repeal the bill if that's what the people want.

The Supremes called the legally correct shot too, it is a tax and Congress has the power to tax the people.

Oh, how I wish the Supremes would have made struck it down though, imagine the precedent it would have set for all the "It's illegal for the U.S. government (Congress) to collect income tax on citizens" guys.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

So I was kind of right.

Bottom line, states who opt out will lose some money.

link   

No, we say to do it LEGALLY.
Your spin and BS is deep and stinks.

link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
So basically, Obama has just raised taxes on lower and middle class people? How is that a positive?

No matter how many times Fox News, their guests, or Republican politicians say this...it just isn't true.

If you CHOOSE to reject all the options and assistance provided now to get covered by healthcare insurance...yes...you will be penalized with an additional tax.

But everyone can CHOOSE to avoid that tax.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I personally dont have my own to me the msm is all rowing the same boat with all the politians I myself would just as soon swim with the sharks at least my odds are better with them. I also heard that you are exempt if you a a family of 4 and make 30000 dollars or less a year. So who pays for that? Here is a question what happens if you are not here legally? Can the people get enough signatures to have our own vote on this and just bypass all this bs and let us decide if we want this or not?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I don't know why people think this is a huge victory for Obama, if the economy doesn't improve and bring unemployment way down, historically, he has a zero percent chance of reelection.

Perhaps in the past, but no president has ever had the mass media so sycophantically beholden to them. Our media now has done it's best to down play or otherwise cover up bad economic news. Just compare the reporting now to the reporting of a much better economy under Bush.

One of the main stories for the last few weeks has been about how the president has no control over the economy for # sake!

I

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

As far as your comment 'being a responsible member of society' and buying into the gov't insurance
So, by being too poor to buy into this government product

There is no "gov't insurance" to buy into.

Are you that ignorant of the facts of this bill or are you intentionally trying to spread false information as well???

You're right, there is no government insurance. This law requires us to buy insurance and disgusting "medicine" from corporations that really, really care about us.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

But everyone can CHOOSE to avoid that tax.

How? Without consequences?

So your saying I don't have to pay the tax or get the insurance?

No?

Oh so I have to pay money I didn't have to pay before ...

And that isn't a tax? BS ...
edit on 28-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join